Arc 2 Chapter 21: REVOCs' Finest

I: Empire

Cotton.

Cashmere.

Lace.

Leather.

Linen.

Wool.

Satin.

Silk.

Life.

The best clothing in the world, worn by every person on Earth no matter the race or religion, is made from some sort of material. A fundamental building block of items so few think about on a daily basis. Clothing.

But not Ragyo.

Ragyo knows clothing is as important to the world population as water and shelter. The masses don't admit that the fabric on their bodies has such an impactful effect on our society. It covers the features of their disgusting forms they are most embarrassed of. Parts of them they never wish to be revealed to the world. That's why REVOCs is the best. Ragyo wove the very ideas of shame and humility into every item in the REVOCs catalogue. Her works are so much more than a statement, they're a necessity. The world depends on REVOCs to conceal their shame. She's wrapped every country in the finest weaves ever sown, and she will not stop. It's not in her nature.

Watching her empire arise from a broken country recovering from war was like an I.V of pleasure dripping directly into her veins. Money was never the goal of REVOCs. It's always been pleasure. For her and her consumers. And like many consumers blinded by pleasure, they do not ask just what exactly the clothes on their backs are made of, or where it's sourced from. It's not in their nature to ask. They're too worried about assimilating with society.

Cotton.

Cashmere.

Lace.

Leather.

Linen.

Wool.

Satin.

Silk.

Life.

Ragyo slides her hands over to photo kept on her desk. Staring at her from behind the framed glass is a stoic young girl with features that echo her own. The girl, no older than ten, stands before a large construction site. A then half built Honnouji academy towers over the small frame of the girl, yet she appears infinitely larger than the concrete and steel colossus. A smile creeps over Ragyo's lips. An instinctual habit soon to be ripped from her body.

Instinct.

The human instinct.

Filthy. Impure. Human Instinct.

The phone beside the picture begins to ring. Ragyo answers on speaker.

Ragyo: Speak.

Receptionist: Madam Ragyo, Hoomaru has begun the assault on the Primordial. Your transportation is ready for you whenever you give the word.

Ragyo: Good. Begin damage control in the surrounding area. I want no media attention.

Ragyo clicks off the phone then stands. The storm raging outside struggles to snuff the light from her office. Not even nature could rise over Ragyo's indomitable spirit.

II: Crumbling Ruins

The whole earth shakes and trembles all around you as you sprint through corridor after corridor of dark concrete and Life Fibers. Your vision is blurry from the blood in your eyes. Metal and sulfur assault your nose with a stench strong enough to make a rat vomit. A piece of ceiling falls behind you, sealing off your previous path. You must find a way out before this place becomes your tomb.