The Dark Side Of Night

By crazy-bae

"Do you still think I am beautiful?" She asked as his beautiful eyes, she always felt trapped in, caught the... More

WARNING / PROLOGUE.
Playlist
Dedication
CHARACTERS AESTHETICSHETIC
CHAPTER 1(Part 1)
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15

CHAPTER 5

78 8 8
By crazy-bae

Listen to the silence
It's telling the truth.

_____________________*

Elena sat in the conference room, with injured James and Noah, while the chief stood there glaring at her. Sasha and Simon were missing, helping out victims to reach the hospital.

"You know what you did Elena, you killed the prime suspect of this case, who could have helped us and as well as his two men." Chief spat.

"He tried to kill James, I had to take action! And they tried to run away and I had permission to shoot at sight!" Elena waves it off like she just didn't take three lives.

Then the chief had to raise his voice at her reckless and careless attitude. "Don't I know you, Elena, there must be another way."

"I couldn't see anything, in that situation I needed to take action." Now Elena couldn't stop herself from matching his tone. James and Noah look back and forth between those.

"Look at his arm!" Elena pointed out James's right arm which protectively wrapped around the white bangs. "If I didn't push him back and shot William he would have lost his life!"

Chief sighed, taking a glance at James. "You guys got everything under control, you might have found another way."

And that made Elena stand up from her chair and bang her hands on the table. "You know what if I hadn't killed him, then the next day someone would have come and thrown money at our system and our very own system free them next second, and just to mock on our face they would have done that another way.

I didn't put my life there just to let them go without any justice, they almost raped a 13-year-old boy and a 14-year-old girl. If we have not reached there on time don't know how many of them might have been killed and get raped every single day.

And if that's what you want then I won't be taking these cases from now on, give me those homesick cases."

James cleared his throat, taking a step between heated conversion. Carefully, he said. "You all can ignore it, but we all know how weak our system is. Elana is right, they have done it either way but on a bigger scale."

Noah nodded, sipping his orange juice. Enjoying the show before him. "I agree too!"

All three of them turn to glare at him, he gave a scared expression.

"What?"

Fed up with this already done conversation, Elena grabbed her coat and left the room. Following Elena, James and Noah find their way out as well. Chief sighed at the defect.

James hisses watching Elena exhale the smoke. "You cost my arm to get us out of this situation, huh?"

Elena smirked.

°
°
°

Flashback.

The atmosphere turned silent as everyone watched the person dead who was talking non-stop just a few seconds ago, with the hole in his head.

Elena huffed loudly, this made everyone come out of their trance. Noah just blinked.

James was the first one to speak. "Elena, are you fuckin' crazy? What you have done. We were supposed to catch him alive."

Elena didn't say anything, but sure she does not like how James's voice raised. "Fuck! What would we say to the chief?"

"Elena, it's about your job!" Sasha softly says, finding no reason to shout. Watching the scene before them, the other two try to wiggle from their grip, tied up and in the car.

"We will simply just make any excuse!" Noah grumbled.                            

"Yeah, and he would believe us. He already has given many warnings to Elena and as if these two won't say anything." James put his hands on his hips.

"We need to find a way!" He mumbled.

Noah looked at James then Elena, and then his gloved hands as Elena handed William's and others' guns to him. Elena followed his gaze and understood what he was referring to.

Noah smiled playfully. Pulling out her gloves as well, Elena walked toward Noah and took the same gun William was holding.

Elena then made her way to the dead body, bending down, she took hold of William's dead forearm, made him hold the gun, and pointed it in the direction of James.

James's eyes widened. "Elena, have you lost it?"

"James, stand still!" Sasha commented.

James looks at her in shock, he turns to Noah who just shrugged his shoulders. "You all are fuckin' psychos."

Before he could say anything further, another gunshot rang in the air, James was on the ground holding his bleeding hand. Elena got up, throwing the gun at Noah, who caught it with ease.

She walk towards the car and open the door, pulling out the other two from the back seat she open their rope and removed clothing from their mouth, still hearing the groaning from James as Sasha helps him

"Run!" She orders the men in front of her. They both look at her with wide eyes.

Exhaling deeply she said. "Don't make me change my mind, run!" She snapped, and that did as they turned around and ran.

Both men hardly took five steps, when Elena fired her gun, shooting one back of his head and the other his neck. Soon both bodies fall limp.

She walks to James patting his opposite shoulder to avoid his other hand, "The bullet just has touched, don't overreact." Saying this she left to get in her car.

"Fuckin' psycho bitch!" James mumbled, painfully.

[Present, outside of the office.]

Noah chuckled. "At least you saved from overnight work," he then looked down at the cast. "And a few days off!"

"Hmm, don't think like that, the doctor called, the case Simon was handling, the report has come."

James groaned.

🚩🚩🚩

"The killer stabbed her more than eight times," The doctor informed Noah, Elena, and Joseph as a female body lay on the bed in a dim room accompanied by other bodies.

"Hmm, easy death," Noah commented. Both Elena and Joseph rolled their eyes.

"Eight stabs right in the chest, do you think it's easy death?"

He tsked. "At least she did not get torture like other ones with shock or anything, whoever it is must be sexist, I would die to kill in a signature style."

"And this is why you would be caught." Says Joseph.

"Nuh bro, I have my ways, you know?" Noah Smirked.

Joseph shook his head he was aware Noah is a bit sadist as from the start he heard about if he was a killer how'd he like to kill people, and he cannot deny the fact that he really has some unique ideas and glad to stars that he chose to be detective not criminal because he is not someone to become a catch.

As Elena always says, feel like a victim and think like a criminal.

Yet not many people could do it, putting yourself in someone else's shoes. But that is what they get paid for.

However, Noah just likes to put his inputs here and there, just in case.

"Whoever behind this is one step ahead of us, no fingerprint, not even a single thing that can lead us." Said Joseph as he massaged his temple.

Elena shook her head, reading the postmortem report again. "Tsk, not one but five steps ahead."

"This is the third murder!" She added.

"Third?" Noah yelled, Popping out the rainbow-colored candy from his mouth.

His jaded eyes widened as they met Elena's dark brown ones. "Please don't tell me!"

She nodded confirming his doubt. "It's the same murder. "

"You mean to say, the last two cases are related to this one?"

"Hmm!" Elena's short answer made Noah groan in irritation.

"Here we go again, Simon can't do one thing right, and Dad promised me to not give more cases. Now I don't know whom to trust, my own blood betrayed me." Throwing his hands in the air Noah sighed dramatically.

"Isn't it supposed to be the father, who uses this line!" Joseph commented, rolling his eyes at him.

Noah gives him a disgusted look when Joseph drinks his black coffee. "Well, I am the one here who is being cheated on."

"What do you think, Elena?" Joseph cut off Noah. "Was it a trap to confuse us?"

Elena nodded. "We are not seeing the full picture, something is definitely off!"

"Go back to the crime spot again, there must be something we have not noticed."

Elena looks at the time then at Noah. "Okay, we'll leave," Noah exclaims. James nodded back.

❤️❤️❤️

Noah and Elena stood in front of the reception of King industries. The red lips girl gulped looking at Elena. "Y-you guys will work here?"

"Do you have a problem with that?" Elena raises her brow.

"No no, of course not!"

"Not that I care!" Elena mumbled loud enough for the other two to hear.

Noah steps up. "Yeah, and I hope we can be friends!" He flashes out his adorable smile, making the receptionist smile too.

"However, I still haven't got your name, beautiful!" At his charming nature, the receptionist blushed.

"Ava,....?" She tailed off.

Noah forwards his hand. "Noah, Noah Williams!" She put her hand into his big hand, Noah took her hand forward to his lips, keeping his eyes on her. He placed a soft kiss there.

Ava's cheeks flushed at his gesture. "Beautiful name for a beautiful girl!"

Elena who was watching everything silently till now looking bored said. "How many times have you said this line today to different girls, N?"

Both Noah and Ava's eyes widened, she immediately pulled her hand out of Noah's gentle grip, and gave him a disgusting look, rubbing her hand off from her dress.

Noah glared at Elena, and she responded with a smirk. "Complimenting others is a good thing, you never know how bad someone's day can be and how a simple compliment can change that."

Elena blinks coldly. "How thoughtful, Mr. Williams!"

They both head towards the elevator, still barking back and forth, yet they haven't noticed that somehow what Noah said, made Ava's heart jump and a soft smile took place over her red-painted lips.

"Elena, are you jealous of me because no one is ever going to turn back and look at you?"

"I don't need people to turn and look at me!"

"Yeah, that's what you say when you know nobody would look at you, bitch!"

Elena didn't answer, just looked before the person who stood a tall man, waiting for them, now looking at Noah who was trying to make Elena look dumped, weirdly.

Noah stood straight, clearing his throat. He gave the man a friendly smile, too friendly for his liking. And Elena had to look away to hide her smirk.

"Please, follow me!" The man ignores him and requests to look at Elena.

The man led them to a room, the two computers set up were there, and a few files were kept there as well for their work. Everything was just as they requested.

Noah nodded at the man, now all his playfulness gone, taking place for the work they have given. "Do one last thing, show me the CCTV footage room, and the footage of that day is here on our desk."

"The copy of footage is already here, and leaving two doors there is a footage room of the whole building. I already talked about your arrival to the security team, they would help you." Noah nodded back again, impressed.

"Thank you!" Elena truly appreciates it as well, she wished all their clients could be this understanding, so their work will be a lot more easier but she knows she was expecting too much.

"That's my job ma'am, anything else you need, sir?"

"Yeah!" Noah replied. "Is Mr. King not here?"

"No sir, but Mr. King soon will be here!" Noah thanks him, taking as his work is done the man left.

"Let's get back to work!"

"Noah, you check all the footage of that day and it's the day before, I'll check the department's employees that were involved in the project!" Agreeing with each other they started their work.

After what seemed like three and four hours, they decided to take a small break. Noah groans as he straightens himself. "Man, I hate sitting in one place for more than an hour."

"Yeah, it's more frustrating!" Elena agreed. "Have you found something?" She asked.

Noah shook his head, as he let out a yawn. "No, not yet. What about you?"

"Hmm, there were five people in the office last time when the accident took place, so we need to keep an eye on them."

"Where is the cafeteria!"

"I saw that while coming here, let's go!

"Yeah, how can I forget after that's all you see. Food and girls!"

"Are you jealous, Miss James?"

"From you, Mr. Williams?"

Continuing their fight they reached the cafeteria that was on the second floor, and the employees saw two new faces. Ignoring the attention they were getting from people, Noah and Elena mind their own business.

The line wasn't long so soon they both got their order and set apart from everyone, isolating themselves from others.

Moreover, the attention they received didn't go unnoticed by them. Elena leaned forward and whispered. "You saw those five people on your left?" Noah didn't turn, just took a quick side glance in the direction Elena referred to. There were two girls and three boys, some seemed to be their age and some older than them.

"Hmm!" He took a bite from his food, acting oblivious.

"They are the ones, whom I was talking about. We need to keep our eyes on them. "

"Okay, I'll talk to girls, and get what I can!"

Elena stopped herself from rolling her eyes. "Of course!"

Noah looked at her innocently. "What?"

Elena did not answer, just continued to eat. After finishing their lunch, they get back to their work. As Noah said he moved to the small group.

Elena goes back but instead of going to their office, she turns her heels towards the footage room. She knocked at the already opened door to get attention, the guard turned to her with a questioning gaze.

Elena pulled out both of her I'd cards. The guard simply nodded in understanding. "Do you have footage from 4 days ago, before the information leaked?"

"I'm not sure ma'am!" Elena crushed under her breath.

"Can you rearrange it?"

"I can try if you give me some time!"

"How much?"

"At least, 4 days!"

"Can't you arrange it a little sooner?"

"Ma'am I will try my best to do so, but I'm afraid I might not be able to get full ones!"

"No, take your time but just make sure I get it full."

"Okay, ma'am!"

"Thank you!"

"It's my job!" Elena left, massaging her temples. It's already getting boring for not only her but Noah as well when they haven't even spent a full day yet.

She just already wants to leave, they are not the ones to work setting up in just one place. She just wants to finish it as soon as possible and leave.

Coming back to the office they were given, Elena continues to watch the footage Noah left in the middle, not taking much time. Soon Noah joins her.

Elena looks up from the computer. "You got anything?"

Noah shook his head. "No, not really. We might have to sit with them for lunch tomorrow."

"I'm not in!"

"Elena, they seem to be clever and this is not how it will work out," Noah exclaimed, trying to be reasonable, he understands her dislike toward crowds but it would be a more helpful and faster process if they do it together.

"Then just use your sweet talks!" Noah sighed but left the topic for now.

Before Noah could sit, his phone rang, picking he saw Joseph's name mentioned, and he picked it up, kept it in his ear, and listened to whatever Joseph was saying from the other side.

Letting out a heavy sigh, he cut the call and turned to a focused Elena. "I need to leave!"

Elena's brow knitted. "Regarding the victims ' families, the little girl and boy we saved had not yet said a word and they needed my help as I was the last one she talked to."

"Okay!"

"You have to submit a report to Ryan." Elena turns her gaze back to the computer, giving Noah a thumb's up.

Noah picks up his things and leaves, mumbling "I wish I could meet Ryan."

After all, Elena did was just watch the remaining footage repeatedly, writing down whatever seemed to be important, though she got the news of Ryan's arrival, she continued to work as Ryan didn't call her either.

She finally got up, when saw the time. Picking up her things and walking to Ryan's office, she knocked at the door, hearing 'come in' from him, and she entered.

Today Ryan was in a more casual look.
Looking up from his file, his grey eyes met with Elena's almond ones, his natural pink lips curled in a welcoming smile.

"Please come in, Miss. James!" He requested, closing his file, to gesture to Elena to take it. She takes it, handing him a report she made.

"I hope you get everything you asked for!"

"Yes, Mr. King. Thank you for your understanding!" Ryan nodded.

"You see, I really don't have many options available!" Ryan shrugged.

"I can understand!"

"Here is today's report, I've requested a few days ago footage and data of your five employees!" She paused, looking at Ryan who listened to her attentively. "And you don't have to worry about us bothering your employees, we just want information!"

Ryan sighed helplessly. "I know!"

Giving him a tight lip yet a polite smile Elena said. "I think it's my time to leave!" She got up and walked towards the door.

But before she could open the door.

"Miss. James..., Elena looked up at Ryan when he called her holding the door open, suddenly he smiled gently making his dimples pop up, but from inside he felt like his teenage self who was on the stage for the first time.

Elena tilted her head in confusion, she didn't know Ryan had dimples.

But the next moment she was taken aback by what Ryan said.

"Will you go on a date with me, Miss Elena James?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

604K 3.5K 32
Spencer King vows his life to Chicago's Southside gang with hopes of escaping a shattered life, but when he meets Adrienne Jackson, a girl new to the...
1.6M 40.2K 55
"You have a choice either choose me or being a mafia" I added hoping that he'll come back with me and if not then I will be the one leaving him this...
534K 12.1K 73
Alexander Ridden...a ruthless,controlling man.Who gets what he wants, when he wants, and how he wants it at the snap of his fingers. Until he decide...
163K 2.2K 41
This amazing vampire fantasy is about a sweet,clumsy but geeky senior who is definitely the loner in high school.When her aunt Belle unexpectedly die...