Open fire

By white_lies_me

~sequel to Flames in water~ {Calum Hood fanfiction} Who knew that after several peaceful years, you and your... More

Part 1 "Once more"
Part 2 "I wish for something else"
Part 3 "Perth"
Part 4 "New area"
Part 5 "Let's get the crew"
Part 6 "Start somewhere"
Part 7 "News are the worst"
Part 8 "Clues and unknown"
Part 9 "Family"
Part 10 "Strange behaviours"
Part 11 "We've got it?"
Part 13 "Small talk"
Part 14 "Troubles along the way"
Part 15 "There's still time for everything"
Part 16 "Emergency"
Part 17 "Too soon"
Part 18 "Doesn't have to be miserable always"
Part 19 "Come clean with it"
Part 20 "Time is ticking by"
Part 21 "What is left?"
Part 22 "In between two worlds"
Part 23 "If the world ends now"
Part 24 "On your way"
Part 25 "Only one scar is permanent"
Part 26 "You can't teach an old dog new tricks"
Part 27 "Choices are never simple"
Part 28 "All the voices in my mind are calling out for me"
Part 29 "Gotta get out"
Part 30 "Broken pieces"
Part 31 "Agreements and disagreements"
Part 32 "An unexpected visit"
Part 33 "Trust"
Part 34 "Just like you"
Part 35 "Confessions"
Part 36 "I love and hate surprises"
Part 37 "Figuring things out"
Part 38 "Final decision"
Part 39 "I'm not ready to start again"
Part 40 "Mission accepted"
Part 41 "Back to the Dead forest"
Part 42 "Ghost of you"
Part 43 "Undoing the wrong"
Part 44 "On the edge"
Part 45 "Open fire"
Part 46 "End of an adventure"

Part 12 "Out of control"

47 3 0
By white_lies_me

"Niall slow down, what the hell happened?!" I snap him out of his rambling finally. I hear him take a deep breath over the phone and then talk again, at least I can understand him better.

"It's spreading Calum, there's more werewolves now. There's live footage, they're tracking one in Sydney, but not just in Australia, everywhere!" he gulps and suddenly both of us are silent. My heart starts beating faster, my mind trying to proces what he just told me, I was speechless.

"W-what do you mean?" I clear my throat as Louis looks over at me, knowing things are wrong.

"I-i, damn it! Just hurry back home you'll see what I'm talking about. I can't right now, everyone's panicking" he says very frustrated. I ruffle my hair, a habit I have when I'm nervous.

"Okay, just hold in there, we're coming back" I try to say as confidently as I could, not really doing great tho.

"Right, see you" he says and hangs up. I stare in front of me, a groan escaping, why, why, why, why, God, please just let us have a break!

"What happend?" Louis asks, I shake my head.

"Just drive, we'll worry about it when we get home", he nods, focusing back in the road. The rest of the trip was silent and I was wishing we never left those tunnels.

***

Willow's POV*

To say there was chaos and panic was an understatement, there was cursing, even some throwing of stuff around, everything you could think of. When the news came on everybody was holding their breaths as the live footage started, when it finished you basically shouted for someone to call Louis and Calum to ask them when they will be back. Right now, you really need everyone. And as Niall said after twenty more minutes of not knowing what do to, through the doors rushed in Calum and Louis, both of them with concern evident in their eyes.

"Now what the fuck happend?!" Calum immediately asks.

"Come here" Mali says, gesturing for the couch all of you were around. The two set down, eyes glued to the screen and soon enough the reporter started speaking.

"These are dangerous times for our planet people. Not only have there been more attacks in Australia, they started occuring in New York, London, Spain, Tokyo, Los Angeles, Africa not yet, but who knows. Wild wolves, three times bigger than normal ones , have been spotted running around in those areas. About twenty of them have been caught on cameras, the whole planet is involved and the governments of countries in danger are starting to get very worried. Please stay at home and don't come out if not needed, there will be certain protocols you'll have to follow, but it is what's best to do now".

"There's a helicopter following a grey wolf right now, here's the footage" and then it switches to the view of the camera. A wild werewolf running down the street, people around it trying to get as far away as possible.

"He looks terrified" Mali comments, crossing her arms.

"You can see when he looks up at the helicopter" she adds.

"So you're saying he's transformed willingly?" Luke questions and she nods slowly.

"Maybe..." she says uncertain.

"Listen everyone, let's regroup" Calum says, turning the TV off. You all take your spots and listen to what he has to say now that he saw what happend.

"We've got the sample. Niall you'll check it out, then I have to see where there's most werewolves-" Calum was in the middle of the sentence when Michael cut him off.

"New York" Calum glares at him a little bit, but smiles in the end for appreciation.

"But, your world isn't connected to North America, it's connected to Australia. Why would they be in New York?" Liam questions as he corsages his arms over his chest.

"They can travel just like us Liam, but there's no real reason for them all to be there really" Harry explains, glancing at blank screen as if he'll find answer there.

"Alright so we have that. Next, we need to figure out who is doing this, since I'm not quite sure our people would just go out right now to kill people" Calum addresses, glancing at Mali a little.

"And how do you propose we do that?" Sierra asks, taking a seat on the couch.

"Well that's the problem..." Calum says, scratching his neck, even he doesn't have a plan.

"We could split up?" Crystal suggests.

"What do you mean?" you asked, not too keen on it.

"Well, everyone goes and tries to find those wolves in Australia of course" she explains and everyone seems a bit hesitant about that idea.

"We could but... it'll be complicated" Calum frowns.

"We'll go in teams and catch them, or whatever. Wait for them to calm down and then they'll explain it to us" Ashton says, a small smile appearing.

"We'll need to figure out a better plan, okay... Harry you show us where all the attacks in Australia have been since Niall has his own task right now and if we need to go to New York we'll need some passports" Calum says, getting a little better. Harry is quick to go and grab a computer while Louis comes up with an idea of his own.

"I'll take two groups and we'll go and get you guys passports and everything you'd need" looks like you're good to go.  Soon enough Niall and Liam are analysing the substance, Mali, Ashton, Michael, and Sierra went with Louis to get their documents, while you, Calum, Luke, Crystal and Sarah were watching the locations with Harry.

-

"So we have Sydney, Queensland, Perth and Melbourne in Australia" Sarah summed it up as she was writing down all the places.

"Four groups?" Luke asked Calum, he nodded in response.

"Actually, there are more attacks all over Sydney so more..." Sarah corrects him.

"We'll sort it out, don't worry" Calum reassures her.

"Yeah, but Crystal and Harry are staying here, right?" you asked, Harry nodded, but Crystal pouted immediately.

"Crystal..." Calum snarled, she sighed, but nodded in the end, knowing she won't win this argument.

"Who's going where?" Harry asked, switching his gaze from the computer towards you.

"Well, Luke and Si, Louis and Mali. Liam with Sarah and Michael, Niall and Ashton. Me with Willow of course" Calum decides on the spot.

"Wait, why am I in a group of three?" Sarah questions with furrowed brows.

"Are we really going to fight about that Sarah?" Calum quirks an eyebrow as Sarah shrugs.

"How will you and Luke drive tho?" you asked suddenly.

"We took classes last week, well, Liam taught us but you get the point" Luke explains, guess that's that.

"What are we gonna do about New York?" Harry questions, playing with a pen in his hand.

"We can't do much for now, we don't have anything to work with" you address.

"I'm sure something's gonna come up...it always does" Luke says, mumbling the last part. Your group was relaxing now as you watched Niall and Liam, waiting for the other group to come back. It was taking quite a bit of time, so small talk would keep you busy. They came back eventually and then it was your turn finally. Pretty easy actually except the fact that you had to confirm you were a citizen of Australia which technically you all were, but...well yeah. Louis took care of it tho, he said he was prepared if it came to stuff like this so it went smoothly. After about an hour and a half you were back home and told everyone who was going with who.

***

"Okay I need to test this, I need a volunteer" Niall called out, footsteps were heard as everyone gathered together.

"So, what is it?" Sierra asked before any of you could.

"Not a sedative that's for sure" he said, stretching out.

"Okay and what do we do with it?" Michael asked eagerly.

"We need to test it on someone..." Liam said, unsure of what Calum would say to that. There was silence now, uncomfortable silence.

"I'll do it" Sarah volunteered, but Luke shook his head.

"Hell no, I'll do it" he snarled, he's not gonna let his sister off with that.

"No mate, I'll do it" Ashton said, patting Luke's shoulder.

"No guys stop, I'll do it" Calum now said.

"No, we need our alpha if things go south, I'll do it" Michael protested and then it all turned into a fight somehow.

"Shut up!" Niall shouted and when an Irishman shouts it's no good.

"Let Luke do it since he asked first and I'm not letting Sarah" he continued, Luke glanced at the other guys, but it quickly turned into a serious expression.

"Now let's test it out downstairs, because if you do turn we'll need to hold you off" Liam clears his throat and everyone hurries downstairs. Niall asks Calum to go in the training room with Luke in case this works and tells him how to inject the syringe that had a small amount of the substance.

"Okay and you're good to go, just let me exit" Niall said. Thankfully the room was transparent, but it wasn't made out of glass so you were perfectly safe. Calum walked over to him and injected the needle to Luke's arm, then took a few quick steps backwards waiting for a reaction.

***

Luke's POV*

I hissed when I felt the needle come in contact with my skin and then the liquid came, but I felt nothing. I saw Calum take a few steps back, but I just stood there, nothing happening and then it hit me. My eyesight became smaller as if my irises thinned, my veins pulsated, at least if felt like it to me. They looked normal, but the pain was strange, very unfamiliar. My head started spinning and I collapsed on my knees, bringing my hands to stop the ringing in my ears. I faintly heard them call out my name, but the noise in my ears was deafening so it didn't matter. Then I looked at my palms, turning my hands as claws started emerging from my fingertips which made me panic. I was turning and I couldn't stop it. My vision was like a black circle, only the small hole in the middle of it allowed me to see what was going on. My tail soon appeared, my back begining to break, my limbs cracking and reforming into a wolf's ones, it hurt so bad. I couldn't stop it, he wanted out, he was killing me inside and there I was growling at my best friend Calum. I saw him, but it was as if I never knew him. He started to fade away and then there was just a person, without any familiar features I knew. I was ready to pounce on him, licking my teeth as my fur rose up, I had no control, no consciousness, it wasn't me. I heard more voices and it made me scared so I attacked the person In front of me, pinning him on the ground and scratching wherever I could. He shifted too and with great strength tossed me off. My back hit a wall and I snarled at him, there was red glow erupting from him, but I knew I couldn't do anything about him tho. I ran around him, making markings on the walls and when I picked up some speed I bounced off of a wall and jumped onto him again. We rolled for a moment, trying to gain dominance over eachother, he was winning so I tossed him off of me. Panting for breath, I turned to the last reasonable thing I could think of, escaping. The room was transparent from one side, more people were standing outside and they seemed scared, scared of me. I ran full speed, paws first to try and break the damn material, but It wasn't giving up easily. I tried to bite into it, but before I could do any more damage I was on the ground. My head hit it first and I winced in pain, glaring at wolf before me, when suddenly I could see something. He had dark, very dark brown eyes who weren't very pleased with me trying to hurt him and then it hit me. It was Calum, my best friend. I panicked at that moment a lot. I had to get out, there was an invisible cage holding me from shifting back. I tried to kick him off of me, but his paws just sank deeper into my shoulders. My irises expanded a little more and now I could see his face again. I collected the little energy I had left and kicked him off successfully, going over in the corner with my tail between my legs. I scratched the ground nervously as I waited for something to go off. Wait I remember, the liquid, right that! I just need to compose myself for now. I could barely see Calum from the corner of my eye, he was distant, but alert if I try to attack again, which I wasn't going to do. After a few more minutes my ears stopped ringing completely and I heard a light voice of a person I knew and loved dearly. Sierra.

"Luke" she whispered, I could tell she was on the edge from crying and it broke me down. I regained control as I shook my head looking around to see where I was because i could see properly now. Calum stood at the other side in his human form, on the outside all of my friends were standing, nervously fidgeting or biting their lips. I turned back, a sigh of relief leaving my lips as I slid down the wall and onto the ground, my hands rubbing my eyes. I blinked and Calum was crouched down in front of me.

"Luke, are you okay? What was that buddy?" he asked concerned.

"I lost control Calum".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 955 21
SEQUEL TO WILDFLOWER Heartbreak hurts, but it hurts more when secrets have been left untold... *** Calum Hood (5sos) fanfiction Rated M for language...
14K 298 27
Looking after his dog was just supposed to be a job. it all started out just fine but somehow things escalated. I never expected for things to chang...
17.4K 477 24
What if... What if you were flying, but without wings to carry you? What if you communicated with words, without really saying them? What if you were...
5.7K 172 26
(AN: Edited Chapters.) Hi Im June Somers! well this is my story about how ive been bullied, fallen in love, and made new friends. Im being bullied b...