The Shadows

By TaryynRose

16+ Mature Content - Contains mature themes, sexual content and strong language. You're found in an unknown... More

01 | With New Eyes
02 | Memories
03 | Mystery Man
04 | The Unknown
05 | Stay or Get Out
06 | Flight Risk
07 | Alone
08| Darkness
09| Family
10| The Ominous Truth
11| Mute
12| Lost Within
13| Falter
14| Homeless
15| Two-Faced
16| The Honest Truth
17| Connection
18| Mikayla
19| Essence
20| Past to Present
21| Departure
22| Dangerous Territory
23| Zone Two
24| Continue On
25| The Last Zone
26| Home Sweet Home
27| Forbidden
28| New Arrivals
29| Unwelcome
30| Coming Together
31| Taken
32| Return
33| Free Mind
34| New Beginnings
35| This day
36| The Capital
37| Arrival
38| New Surroundings
39| Taking over
40| Progress
41| The last breath
42| The Mending Process
43| Aryah
44| Life & Death
45| Completion
46| Time to Breath
47| Declaration
48| Dracone

49| Harper

740 17 2
By TaryynRose

Hello my lovely and loyal fans!

I have a lot to explain but unfortunately I'm in a bit of a rush and don't have time at the moment. I wanted to publish the chapter before the weekend because I'm not sure I'll have time until Monday! 

Next chapter, I'll write a note at the beginning telling all of you where the hell I went lol. Also! I'm going to update this with an edited version a bit later, so please don't mind the mistakes for now lol. 

Love you all sooooo much, you have no idea. I hope you're all happy and healthy during this crazy time in our world!!!

XOXO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<-Morgan's P.O.V.->

Another morning back at what I would consider the 'Rebel Headquarters' I guess. I laugh to myself at how lame that sounds, but what else should I call it? It was home and I loved it. I greet everyone on my way down to the kitchen and grab a quick coffee. I yawn as I open the front door, I always did a quick walk around the property every morning, safety precautions. The sun beams through the branches of the large tree to my left. I take a deep breath of fresh air, sighing out. I tilt my mug to my lips to take a sip of my coffee, at the same time I take a step down the path, leading away from the front door. I glance down to my right, noticing something poking out from the bush. I step closer to see a foot; panicking I throw my mug to the side and run towards the person, who had been lying on their stomach. I kneel down beside her, shaking her. I quickly glance over her, she was unconscious and filthy. I turn her over on her side, my mouth dropping. "Jesus!" It was her, Harper. I yell over my shoulder for help, thankfully someone runs out to see what the commotion was. "You're going to be okay." I repeat to her. One of the guards runs over, lifting her, bringing her into the house. 

--------------------------------

<-Ayrah's P.O.V->

It was a bit of a cloudy morning, but I didn't mind; I like rain and thunderstorms. However it wasn't ideal when I had to go and train. It was my first morning with Cynthia and I was a bit nervous,  I wasn't overly flexible. 

"Subha savera, nur. Good morning, light." 

A soft voice flows through my ears like silk. I turn around to see Mumbi, the unusual lady I had met only the day before. She smiles at me, "I apologize, I did not mean to frighten you." I nod sweetly at her, unsure of what to say next. "There is no need to be nervous, dear. I'm here to help you and answer any questions you may have." I smile, she was easy to talk to, it was comfortable. "I'm sorry Mumbi but I have to get to training. Can we talk after?" She nods, "Of course, nur. I will see you there." 

I swiftly made my way to the training grounds. We spent the first half of the morning, stretching and strengthening. Near the end Cynthia decides that I should start some basic tricks. "Okay, this is called a 'back bend' I will hold you from your hips, arms up straight and arch backwards." I look at her unimpressed, this will end in disaster. I reach up to the sky, looking back as I begin to descend. Damien happens to come into view in the same moment. "Damien?" I say as I continue to descend. Cynthia jumps, her hands slip and I go tumbling down, flat on my face. I grab my face as Cynthia quickly tends to me. "Ow, what the hell!" We both look over to Damien who's rubbing his face, mimicking me. Cynthia stands, rubbing the back of her neck. "Heh, sorry about that..." I roll my eyes at her, deciding to stay down on the grass. She brushes herself off, regaining her composure. "You'll be sore, but that's normal. See you tomorrow!" She winks at me before turning to Damien, bowing her head. "Your grace." 

Damien kneels down beside me as Cynthia departs. "Are you okay?" I turn my head towards him but say nothing. He chuckles, laying down beside me. "Are you okay?" I giggle. He turns to me, "I guess I should expect it." He shrugs. We look up to the dark clouds, rain lightly spits down. He furrows his brows, shifting. I look over to him, feeling his unease. "What is it?" He shakes his head, "Something feels... off." 

"Damien!"

A distant yelp startles us up from the grass. "Madilyn?" She was sprinting towards us, desperately. Damien grabs my hand, flashing in front of her. She slides on her feet to a halt, exasperated. Panting, her words breathless. "Harper, it's Harper." She finally gets out. His hand tightens around mine. "What about her!?" She puts her hand on her chest, breathing. "Cain sent Morgan back to zone six, to check on things. She found her on the ground near the front door at the old house." Without hesitation, Damien wraps his arm around my back, pulling me into him. A flash and we were gone. 

We flash in front of the house I knew so well, my first home. Damien doesn't give me a moment for my vision to clear, or for my stomach to settle. Holding my hand tightly, he pulls me into the house. We burst into Cain's room to see several people standing around the bed. Cain and Kai turn to the door, but say nothing. Turning back towards the bed, Cain finally speaks. "Out, all of you." The doctor and two nurses nod, leaving without making eye contact. Morgan and Amanda give us a quick look, acknowledging us before leaving. Damien let's go of my hand, taking several cautious steps towards the bed. I follow quietly behind him. Damien sits on the bed gently as devastation fills his expression. Cain kneels beside the bed and Kai walks around to sit on the opposite side. I nervously approach, looking over Damien's shoulder. My stomach rises to my throat when I see her. She had changed so much in the time I had been free. She was frail, dirty, bruised and bloody. A small gasp escapes my lips. I place a hand on Damien's shoulder, squeezing it lightly. I look to Cain, tears were swelling his eyes as he caressed her cheek. "Your beauty hasn't faltered, little princess." He whispers to her. Damien picks up her hand, holding it in his, rubbing his thumb back and forth on the back of her hand.  
We stayed there for hours; I watched all three of them talk to her, cleaning her face and tending to her wounds. The doctor had come in to discuss the situation with them, she was dehydrated, malnourished and seriously underweight. Her body was littered in new and old bruises, scrapes and cuts. She was in poor shape. He explained that it may take a few days for her to wake up. The boys nodding, but saying nothing. Eventually we all fall asleep sporadically placed around her. 

I sat with them for an entire day, watching them impatiently waiting for her to wake up. I couldn't bare it any longer and I knew I could help, even a bit. I wasn't confident, but if it could get her to wake up, it must be worth it. I take a deep breath, approaching them. Damien pacing in circles, paused when he sees me stand. One at a time they turn to look at me, I noticed now that they all looked like hell. Worry and concern was taking its toll on them. I gently place my hands on the center of her chest; taking a deep breath, I close my eyes as I breath out, concentrating. The room was tense and quiet. The familiar burn from deep within my chest begins to spread, yet it was more painful then I recalled. My body stiffens as the pain increases. I focus on pushing the energy outwards, feeling it flow through each of my joints to the palm of my hands. Slowly, her bruises begin to change colour as the healing process begins, soon disappearing. The longer I stay the more painful it becomes. Damien gently touches my arm, pulling me gently away. I sigh heavily as I am released from the pain. They look at me in disbelief; I give them a small smile. "Please, excuse me, I just... need to rest." They nod, Damien leans in, leaving a long kiss on my forehead. The immense gratitude I felt from him was enough. I leave the room, retreating to my room to rest. 

A few hours pass, I decide I need air. I walk through the back and sit on a large rock. The moon was bright and the sky had cleared from the dark clouds earlier. 

"Ary."

A deep voice brings me out of my daze. I turn to see Damien with his hands in his pockets, standing behind me. "Is everything okay?" He walks around to join me. He sighs heavily as he sits. "She looks..." I nod, "I know." I turn to look up at the sky. "She will be okay, I'll make sure of it." I state confidently. I feel Damien's gaze on me, he's looking at me with a sense of love and appreciation. He reaches up, caressing my cheek with his thumb. "You are the best thing that has ever happened to me." He says quietly, almost like he were saying this to himself. "Thank you, for before. I know it's not easy." I nod, "You don't need to thank me. I will continue to do it in segments, as many times as she needs." His expression softens. "God, you are so beautiful." I got the sense that he wasn't just talking about my looks. I wrap my arms around him, embracing him tightly. We return to the bedroom and I heal her once more before we all once again give in to exhaustion. 

--------------------------------

<-Harper's P.O.V->

I slowly come into consciousness, my vision blurry and it was bright. My senses slowly come back to me as I begin to feel around. I glide my hand over something soft and I become confused. I lift my heavy eyelids to see a beautifully sculpted yet familiar, ceiling. A lovely, but sad reminder of how desperate I am to be home. I become alarmed, this was too good to be true. My eyes widen, lifting my chin to look around me. My body stiffens as I see all three of my brothers surrounding me. My breath increases as I jump up, shuffling away from them, tripping over the blanket and falling on the floor. The three of them awaken, startled, jumping out of bed. The three of them surround me as I push myself into the corner. Damien throws his hands up, "You're safe, it's okay!" I shake my head vigorously, "No, no this is another trick." I begin to tremble. Cain kneels down, "No, Harper, it's us, it's really us." He reaches over to grab my hand and I flinch, pulling my hand back. "Don't touch me! I know what you are!" His face looks pained, but I've seen this before. A young woman steps forward, "You're home Harper, it's okay!" My face twists, I knew this girl. "I-It's you." I push myself up the wall. "N-No, you wouldn't be here. Get away from me!" Her face looks concerned, but this is too odd. "I can understand why that would confused you but-" "He wants you!" I scream at her, cutting her off. "Just do it! Give yourself to him and he'll leave the rest of us alone!" I take a step towards her in an attempt to intimidate her, but she doesn't move, her expression changes as the colour from her faces pales. "I-I..." She begins but stops herself. I watch as Damien turns to her, whispering something in her ear.  He then turns to me, saddened. "Harper, it's us." He reaches his hand out to me and I simply stare. "Y-you look so real." My voice quivering. He nods, "That's because I am." I slowly reach out, grazing his fingertips, sliding my hand onto his palm, continuing up his arm, over his shoulder and up to his cheek. He gives me a small smile, leaning into my hand, kissing it softly. He was real, they were real. I drop my hand and turn to Cain and Kai, touching their arms and faces. "Is... it really you?" Cain nods with a sweet smile. Kai reaches up, brushing the hair from my face then gives my shoulder a light squeeze. Tears instantly fill my eyes and stream down my cheeks. I collapse into Kai who immediately reciprocates an embrace. The three of them wrap around me as I sob into Kai's chest. I cling to them for some time. How could this be happening?

Finally I pry myself off of them, wiping my face. "I-I can't believe this. You, you're all so familiar, I haven't felt them in some time." They nod at me sadly. "How are you feeling?" Cain tilts his head to look at me. I sigh, "Better than I have in, forever." He nods, "You need to eat. I will get Amanda to make you something." I nod happily as he exits the room. "God, the thought of food." I shake my head in disbelief. They look at me sadly again. "Sorry, I'm just in shock. It seems we have a lot to talk about, huh?" I joke. "No rush." Damien winks at me. I nod, "I just want to enjoy your company today." They smile reassuringly at me. 

--------------------------------

<-Ayrah's P.O.V->

I left them when they weren't paying attention. They needed their time with her and I also needed air. What she said, it was true; she was right. He wanted me and all this time I was in the comfort of my new home. 

"I know what you're thinking and you're wrong."

I turn to see Damien looking at me seriously. "Am I though? Wouldn't all of this stop if I just gave myself up?" He grabs my arm, turning my body to him. "Absolutely not. He won't stop, even if he has you." He lifts my chin to match his gaze. "There is nothing for you to 'fix.' My brothers and I will deal with it." He looks at me, waiting for me to agree. I nod slowly in response, averting my gaze to the ground. He lifts my chin again, "Come eat, Amanda made food." He wraps his hand around mine, leading me inside. 

Breakfast was awkward to say the least. Everyone swooned over Harper, understandably. I just couldn't get her words out of my head, how right she was. Harper excused herself, she was feeling a bit worn out and wanted to rest for a bit. I waited a few minutes before deciding that maybe I should check on her, talk to her a bit. I excused myself and left the room. Damien had a feeling I was up to something, but said nothing. 

I take my time walking to her room, I wanted to think about what I wanted to say. I knock on the door but it swings open, the doctor exiting. I take a step in, clearing my throat, alarming her to my presence. She turns to me and pauses. "Hey, um-" "How did you get here?" her voice bitter. "It's... a long story." She raises an eyebrow, "My brothers took you in?" I nod slowly, "Yes, Damien found me on the side of a path, near the forest." She scowls at me, "Damien?" 

I suddenly feel an arm around my waist, "Yes Harper, she's my wife." Her eyes widen in disgust. "Damien. This was a mistake!" Her voice rises. I can feel Damien tighten his arm around me. "He's going to find her, you're going to lose her! You haven't seen what I've seen, what he does to them!" Tears threaten to fall from her eyes as she becomes more and more heated. Damien opens his mouth to speak but I step forward, speaking before him. "What, what are they doing to them?" I ask almost desperately. "Aryah!" Damien warns me. "No, I need to know." I turn back to Harper. "What! What does he want!" I yell. She shakes her head as one tears streams down her cheek. "You're the only way he can keep his human form. He consumes the soul essence, but they are not enough to sustain him." She pauses, images flash in her mind of the reminders. "The way their eyes sink in-" She stops herself as if the memory is just too painful. "He needs a complete life essence, the daughter of the light guardian."

We stare at her in silence; for the first time ever, I can feel fear coming from Damien. I stare blankly, as numbness consumes me. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.4K 1.1K 24
*REVERSE HAREM* *Mature Content* *Erotic Fantasy* ~Fae, Angels, Demons, Vampires, Werewolves, Elves, Dragons and more~ With no memory of her childh...
7 3 15
Nameless, Unknown, Forgotten in the passage of time. A man suddenly awake inside a dark place, crawling out from a suffocating Coffin. With no memori...
16K 1.3K 54
Rosa dying was pretty much a given. It was always going to happen-but the how had always been uncertain. Would her ex-lover decide she'd lived long...
14K 483 32
Your a misunderstood teenager who barely goes through life, everyone around you thinks your not special until one day something happens that will cha...