๐‘๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ง ๐Ž๐Ÿ ๐‚๐ก๐š๐จ๐ฌ [๏ฟฝ...

By Sharyn_Jael

โ๐‘Šโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘› ๐‘ โ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘๐‘’๐‘™๐‘™๐‘’๐‘‘ ๐‘Ž๐‘”๐‘Ž๐‘–๐‘›๐‘ ๐‘ก ๐‘“๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘ ๐‘ก ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘š๐‘  ๐‘œ๐‘“ ๐‘‘๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘–๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘ ...โž Barely... More

Character Aesthetics, Warning, Copyrights
01
02
03
05
06*
07
08
09*
10
11*
12
13*
14
15
16*
17
18*
19
20*
21
22*
23*
24*
25
26
27
28*
29*
30*
31*
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
Epilogue
Final Note

04

14.9K 514 553
By Sharyn_Jael

I didn't realise it's been one week since the last update lmao I'll try to give regular updates.

Thank you for the 250k

━━━━━━━━━♚━━━━━━━━━

Katrina Diaz

The wedding preparations were going on a grandiose scale, and the wedding was the talk of the town because of 'The Evans' reputation. But the media didn't know about the engagement except for the speculations.

A part of me was still surprised that my mum gave into Hayden's demands that the wedding should be within a month. Neither my dad nor my sister had any say in the marriage except in following my mum's plans. Kendra was never in my sight lately, since she was always on her toes with the wedding planning. Hayden never approached me after he slid the ring into my sister's hand. And I wondered if I should tell her about my one-night stand or just keep calm, hoping Hayden and I would take our secret to our graves.

Our.

The word sent a wave of sickness through my system. Guilt settled on my chest like a heavy dumbbell. He was my sister's fiancé. Ew!

What was I going to tell her?

Slapping a hand over my mouth, I tried to gulp the vomit rising in my throat before throwing open the bathroom door and rushing inside to empty the contents of my stomach and my bladder.

With a retch, I lean over the washbasin and vomit everything as my throat and nose burn and my legs tremble.

"Who is it?" The masculine voice was calm and cool.

Turning the tap on, I let the water wash down the vomit and splash some of the water onto my face. "Sorry," I whispered. "I didn't mean to intrude." Reaching for a mouthwash, I took some of it into my mouth to get rid of the acerbic taste coating my tongue.

"You caught me off-guard." Hayden's voice danced in the bathroom. Gobsmacked, the mouthwash spilt from my mouth instinctively in a rather embarrassing way. My nasal cavity burning, eyes stinging with tears, I coughed over and over again.

"Seems like I'm not the only one having a hard time." His taunt was wrapped in a husky British accent. "Am I?"

As my coughing sprint died, I scoffed. "No, I'm having the time of my life here."

"Brilliant. But I'm having a very hard time, Spitfire."

There were a million justified reasons why I shouldn't think about my sister's soon-to-be husband's sex life, but my unrestrained mind slipped right into the gutter.

No. Stop.

Think about chocolates. Or rainbows. Or unicorns. Or puppies. Or pussies. But don't think about dicks and definitely not about Hayden's of all. No. Just fucking no.

Kendra deserved better, and I wasn't a bloody home wrecker. I refused to be a Brooke.

My thoughts dissipated when I heard the sound of the shower door opening. Clenching my eyes shut, I growled, "Get out! Let me protect my ocular virginity."

Instead of conceding to my demands, Hayden locked the door, the sound of a metallic clink sending my heart into thundering. Goose skin coated my flesh and I peeled one eye open, half-curious and half-cautious. My eye met with Hayden's reflection in the mirror.

Beads of water trailed down his body. His shoulders were broad, emphasising defined biceps. A quote in black ink was etched on the right side of his taut breast. A torso quilted with abs led to his tapered waist, that led to a rock-hard abdomen. My eye lingered on the V-line that guided to his groin.

No. Kendra deserved better.

When a blush stained my cheek, I forced myself to gaze somewhere else and not at the towel clinging to his hips.

How was it possible for someone to exude such physical perfection was beyond me. His beauty wasn't something like sex on legs. It was quiet yet vicious, like his personality. And his eyes, those striking green eyes, could drag someone into the endless abyss of madness.

"Spitfire," he drawled.

"Kate," I corrected him, wanting to sanitise the memories we shared. The nickname he gave me. "My name is Katrina."

He ran his long fingers through his soft brown hair, pushing it away from his face. "We need to talk."

"Pretty sure that's what we are doing right now," I quipped, running my hands under the flow of the unusually cool water, trusting the coldness to keep me grounded in reality.

A calm question. "What are you doing here?"

"Planning to take over the world. You know. The usual."

His fingers coiled at the back of my neck, and his body was inches away from mine. His striking green eyes met mine in the mirror. "I'm not in a mood to entertain your arrogance, Spitfire. What are you doing in my room?"

This was all Freya's fault. If she hadn't forced me to eat the sushi this morning, I wouldn't have had food poisoning, nor would I have become nauseous in Hayden's home. Or maybe I should blame my mum for insisting I come along with her for the cake tasting, where Anne, Hayden's mother, had dragged us to their house for the evening tea.

I pointed at the sink. "I had to use it. Anne told me to go down the hall and turn left. And here I am." He let go of my neck and stepped forward. His scent of cedarwood caused a wave of heat to unflare in my stomach. Whirling around, I gazed at him, cutting to the chase as I queried, "Do you love Kendra?" If so, why do you give me mixed signals?

"Nope."

Relief sang through my veins. Well, that made sense. Wait, what?! "Then why are you marrying her?"

"That, Spitfire..." His fingers tucked a stubborn strand of hair behind my ear. "Sounds like a whole lot of not your problem."

Anger licked at my blood. My jaw ticked. "Will you stay loyal to her?"

"Again, not your problem." Flat toneless words, but it still felt like a taunt all the same.

Gritting my teeth, I shot him a glare. "I'm telling Ken about the night at the club. She deserves to know."

The pad of his thumb brushed my lower lip, and he bent his neck, gazing into my eyes, his hardness against my torso. His breath painted my ear as he whispered, "Or don't. Our secret is safe with me."

Oh, not the bloody our.

His husky voice sent chills down my spine and zaps to the apex of my thighs. Resisting the urge to clench my legs, I shoved him back. "She deserves my honesty. Cheerio!"

With that said, I unlocked the door and sprinted out of the bathroom without sparing him another glance. Reciting a load of codswallop to my mum and Anne, I left his place and drove back home.

As I killed the engine and parked my car in the driveway, Brooke's figure appeared in my peer. Frowning, I climbed down from the car and closed its door. It took everything in me to not slap her across the face for her betrayal when she stood just feet away from me. I cocked a brow at her. "What do you want?"

"Just a few minutes. This isn't about Cain or my pregnancy..." she mumbled, her eyes flicking around us anxiously. "This is about your sister."

"Get out," I demanded, turning around and marching away from her.

She followed me, and as her footsteps resonated behind me, I strode past our gates without a destination, hoping to get off my tail somewhere out there. Maybe I should consider putting a restraining order on these two.

Her hurried voice followed me. "Kate, Hayden is bad news. You can't let Kendra marry him. He has more skeletons than—"

"Brooke, I would be grateful if you made less noise." I shot her a look before running across the road. Spending every second with her was a painful reminder of my heartbreak.

"He is out for blood. Kate, you're in dan — ahh!" Hearing the scream of pain, I twisted my neck to find her on the road, bleeding and battered. The car that hit her whizzed past us quickly.

"Brooke!" Her name was ripped out of my throat as I sprinted back to her. Heart hammering in my chest, I plopped down on my knees beside her and started to shake her body vigorously, calling her name. "Brooke, wake up! Hey,"

Panic shooting through me, I frantically pulled my phone out and rang a bell to an emergency ambulance as blood gushed out the wound from her head.

_______________

Brooke had a miscarriage, and her head injury caused her to slip into a coma.

There was no way I could bring the unborn baby back to life, or my friend out of a coma. If I hadn't made her chase me across the road, this wouldn't have happened.

Hot beads of tears fell on my shaky hands. My throat felt constricted, and a choked out sound parted my lips as tides of regret, shame and self-hatred crashed within me.

'You should have died. You never deserved to live.'

Tears rolling down my cheek, I tell her, bitterly regretting today's turn of events. "I'm sorry," I said to noone in particular but needing to vent it all out, feeling an imaginary hand constricting my airflow as my eyes searched for any pointed objects in my vestige.

A hand rapped on the door to my bedroom. "Kate! Can you come out?"

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I rose to my feet and opened the cabinets, rummaging through them.

"Kate, are you coming or do you want me to break the bloody door down now?" My sister's infuriated voice boomed from the door, snapping me out of my trance. "Kate. Open the door!"

Blinking my eyes, I gazed at my exhausted self in the mirror before draining the tears with a tissue. Taking a deep breath, I pulled the door open and smiled at Kendra.

"What do you want?"

"I can't find my Bond No. 9 lipstick. I have a date with Hayden in an hour. Give me yours," she demanded, shouldering past me into my bedroom.

She has a date with Hayden tonight.

Head pounding, I crashed on the sofa and gazed at my sister. For the life of me, I couldn't fathom why she was marrying him. They had never dated before. He was too austere for her tastes.

"I can't believe it's my wedding in a few days. It is like yesterday I was engaged and tomorrow I'll be his wife, crap!" she whined, throwing open the door to my closet.

I wasn't a home-wrecker. And she deserved the truth.

"Are you happy, Ken?" My eyes met hers. "Not materialistic happiness. It's your wedding. Do you think he is the right guy?"

A pensive look passed over her face. "I'm happy, Kate. I'm marrying the most eligible bachelor in London. Since he isn't a womaniser and I had dated many men, I feel guilty, but he is a nice man. I'm excited."

Bloody hell! She was thinking he wasn't a womaniser. But he was. What man flirts with another woman when he was already engaged? She deserved to know the truth.

"Ken, there's something you need to know." My fingertips trailed over my wrist, feeling all the scars.

"Are you hearing the voices again?" Her eyes drifted to my scarred wrist, pity creasing her forehead into a frown.

Unease clogged my throat. "No," I lied, turning my wrist away from her eyes. "I want to talk about something else."

"Are you seeing hallucinations?" Something akin to worry underscored her voice.

"No, Candy! Why would you say that?" I grunted.

"Then?"

My voice was meek. "I had a one-night stand the night before your engagement."

"Was he any good in bed?" She enquired, a wicked smile dancing on her lips.

"Let's not talk about my bed experience—"

Excitement laced through her voice. "Tell me his name!"

"Okay, don't kill me, I'll tell you." My stomach churned like a tornado. "It is Evans."

Her eyes lit up. "Saoirse Evans?"

Really? Saoirse Evans? Sure, she was indisputably one of the most beautiful women in London. She oozed the grace of a swan with perfection in every inch of her skin, from perfect jawline to attractive eyes and from lips to face shape. With a charm like hers, she could give models a run for their money. But why would I be attracted to Hayden's sister when he was a dishy man?

Banging my head against a wall was easier than admitting I had a one-night stand with Hayden.

"No, Hayden Evans"

_______________

The Hematomaniac

Everything had a consequence. Everything we did had an effect on another person's life. Every story had a hero and a villain. I didn't care what role I was playing in this tragedy, but I knew even before karma came out to play, I had already created chaos.

I was the whisper in the dark and the ghost in her head.

Monsters like me were the reasons why people believe in spirits and why parents tell their kids the folks about boogeyman. I loved the metallic stench of blood. I craved it when it belonged to a specific girl.

Nobody could recognise my lust for blood and nobody knew about my obsession with the redhead.

She was Katrina Diaz. And I was the echo in her head.

━━━━━━━━━♛━━━━━━━━━

Writing a book without cliffhangers goes against my morals LMAO

What do you think is Brooke trying to tell Kate?

How do you think Kendra will react?

There won't be much of  The Hematomaniac's pov, but whatever little I write will only make the story intriguing.

Please don't forget to vote and comment ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 62 14
In this enthralling romance, love and intimacy collide powerfully between two individuals who couldn't be more different. Like two sides of a coin, t...
138K 4.1K 42
{WARNING: This story contains mature content. For mature audience and open minded people only. Read at your own risk} Arranged in a marriage of...
144K 7.6K 41
โ€ข Completed โ€ข โ€ข Highest Ranking #2 Paranormal October 2020 โ€ข โ€ข Highest Ranking #4 Romance October 2020 โ€ข โ€ข Highest Ranking #1 Matebond April 2021...
252 36 27
Madeline Curtis, a runaway from small town in Washington, finds herself in the streets of Hollywood looking for a place to stay when she encounters a...