Astith's Prophecy

Von TNckitty

In the Kingdom of Astith, there was a prophecy: When evil comes to plague the land, five heroes must band tog... Mehr

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
IMPORTANT
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 10

13 0 2
Von TNckitty

~Danielle's POV~

I wouldn't be surprised if the mayor just let them go without any punishment. I mean they are his sons after all. He lets them go when they and his little buddies did pranks on some villagers, but it's not like they were harmed. I defended myself and the girl, but it was harder than I thought.

We are in that office way longer than I wanted, and then this girl had the nerve to say she started it...like WHAT!?!

Obviously, I am upset. I mean, why is she lying?

I had to start yelling just how upset I am. And just as I was about to punch the girl in the face, the door opens and a familiar voice rings through the room.

"I do agree with her. Why aren't you defending yourself when clearly you did nothing wrong?"

We all turn around and there he is in all his glory.

The prince.

I bow with everybody else, everyone except the girl. She didn't kneel and she's giving attitude to the prince. We are gonna die. Well I mean she is...I might just say I was trying to help, and things got out of hand. Besides, Sam and his brother didn't see me using my powers. For all they know is that Sam lost control. It's as simple as that they can't keep me here.

"Stand," the prince says. We call follow his command. The prince then turns his attention to the mayor. "I want to talk to each of them individually. Get them prepped. I will be in the other room waiting."

The prince leaves the room. The guards bring all of us to a back room and told Brent, Jake, and I to sit down while we wait. They bring the girl to a different room, and the two brothers in another. I'm guessing to not cause any more of a mess.

To my surprise, they left us without a guard. My guess is because they don't think we pose a threat as a "simple common folk".

"Well, what an eventful day," I say as I sat down against the wall.

"Eventful? We could have gotten killed," Brent says.

His voice is loud but not too loud where the guards can hear. Brent sits in the corner with his knees to his chest.

"Yes, Danielle. What were you thinking," My brother asks.

By the look on his face, he is clearly agitated.

"She doesn't think that's her problem," Brent says.

Brent buries his face against his knees. I feel bad for dragging my only friend into this mess. Jake, still agitated, is in sass mode.

"Oh yeah, my mistake. I forgot."

I feel one of my eyebrows twitching in annoyance.

"Can you two stop acting like I'm not here," I asks.

Brent lifts his head and looks towards me.

"Oh, Danielle, when did you get here," Brent sarcastically asks.

"I hate both of you."

"We love you too," my brother says as he shot me a forceful smile

Before I can even shoot a glare at Jack, one of the guards comes in and takes Brent into the other room. I hate waiting...they could have at least given us some food or something. I'm hungry.

"Seriously, what were you thinking using his power like that? They could have saw you," Jake argues.

"They didn't, Jake. They probably thought he lost control when it happened," I argue back.

"Yeah, to people who don't know how to properly use their powers yet."

"Uggg! We got away with it. So, can you just chill, ok?"

"No, you didn't get away. The girl saw. I noticed that she did."

Before I could answer, a guard come in and tells me to get up. I did what he said and follow the guard to a small room with a table and two chairs in the middle.

The prince is calmly sitting in one as the guard commands me to sit in the other as he shuts the door. It is weird that the guards left us alone.

I sit down across from the prince as he told me to tell him the whole story. I tell him everything and say that Sam lost control of his power. I had to lie... Jake and I both promised each other that day that we would not speak of our powers.

"Tell me about your power," the prince says.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I ask.

He suddenly chuckles and leans back. The way he looks is so casual, like he isn't worry about anything.

"Don't play dumb. I can sense your power. It's weird though. It seems like you can create another person's power. What a rare gift," the prince states. "It can be very useful."

This sends alarms in my head. The prince can sense my powers when I can't sense his. There is something about him that scream 'danger', even though he doesn't look that dangerous. Apparently, something on my face tells him that I was on the defensive.

"You're wondering why you can't feel my power? Well, I train myself to hide my powers. I also train myself to sense other, so I know that your brother has one too. Now, tell me does your brother know his power?"

He leans forward, his arms on the table. I stay silent. He may be a prince, but I can't tell him that.

"I'm not going to hurt you if that's what you are thinking," the prince says, trying to assure me that he wasn't.

Although it is hard to see it, I can see that he is genuine about what he said.

"Really? You're not going to burn me or hang me?"

The prince surprises me by snorting.

"Why would I do that? Besides, you are very useful alive."

His statement makes me angry. I stand up and slam my hands on the table. He is clearly unbothered by my actions.

"You can forget it if you want me to be your little dog. I'd rather die than be a mindless slave," I say.

I'm tired of this conversation. I want to go home. And so, that was about to do that. I push the chair back and make my way out the room. Just as I was about to walk out, the prince says something that made me even more mad.

"Like your parents?"

"Don't you dare bring up my parents," I growl at him.

The nerve of him. Prince or not, he had no right to mention my parents like that.

"I want you to come with me," he says.

"I'm not going anywhere," I argue.

"Look," now the prince is looking serious. "There is a school for people like us. People who have powers. It can help you learn to use your power to the fullest. It's your destiny."

I could tell he was hiding something, but I couldn't figure it out.

"What do you say?"

He stands up and extends a hand towards me. I stay where I was, with my arms crossed. I stare at him, trying to judge whether he is trustworthy or not.

"If my brother comes I will," I finally say after a minute.

The prince smiles. I'm surprise how genuine that smile is. It almost looks relief. It also looks kind of cute on him.

"Good. I was going to ask him anyway," the prince states.

*

I'm sitting in the same room as the one where I was waiting earlier. Jake is taking in for questioning now. I wonder what he's gonna say. He might put up a fight but knowing him, he won't. This is our only option.

After what seems like forever, Jake walks out and tells me we are go home. We walk in silence until we reach our house. When we got inside, he tells me to pack our things.

"Are you serious. We're going," I ask.

"Yes."

He walks to his room and I follow. He is packing. I couldn't help but question myself. What about our house? What about everything that mom and dad worked for?

"Are you sure," I ask, unsure what to do now.

He turns around with a sad smile on his face. The sadness and guilt are written clearly on his face.

"What choice do we have," Jake says before turning back around to pack everything he could find.

What choice do we have?

Written by: Dan

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

245 13 11
Sometimes the best knight is a damsel. In a world where women are seen as weak, defenceless creatures for men to protect and own, one orphan girl wan...
363 51 21
Growing up as an apprentice healer in the castle, Ilia loved listening to the stories the knight-mages told. Tales of valour and glory, adventures in...
74 3 21
This book is is written in the far future were war is raging throughout the world permanently halting all innovations. Humanity wanting to finally br...
1.6K 122 44
To be a teen in a small town is easier said than done, especially when you don't have the easiest life. Two girls - the Sun and Moon face the challen...