The Unbreakable (Ghost #3)

By Grimmy27

After an eventful year, Lia and Blake go back to college, eager to get away from everything. But they're not... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Bonus Chapter - Christmas Pt. 1
Bonus Chapter - Christmas Pt. 2
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue

Chapter 33

3.8K 142 13
By Grimmy27

Blake

I rush to the bedroom when I hear Lia's scream, only to almost scream myself.

I quickly put my hand over her eyes and pull her to my chest, holding her as she cries.

The whole room is covered in blood.

Our stuff is ripped apart, destroyed beyond salvation.

There's a message on the wall above our bed, written in blood. 'My doll!'

I stare at it for a split second before something even worse catches my attention.

A decapitated head hanging from the ceiling.

My whole body turns rigid and I struggle to keep myself from throwing up. This is beyond fucked up!

"It's Razor!" Lia cries out against my chest, clutching onto me in despair. This is Razor? The guy that warned my girl about the fucker after her?

He got killed just because he helped Lia.

I gently pull my girl into the living room, helping her sit on the couch then take out my phone and call Gunner.

"Hey, man. What's up?" Gunner greets, sounding a bit out of breath. I don't miss the chirpy giggling in the background. At least someone's having fun.

I walk to the kitchen, not wanting to bother my girl. She seems to be thinking about something and it would be a bad idea to disturb her. "We need your help. That fucker was in our place while we were gone."

"Shit! Are you serious?!"

"I'm dead serious. I'm calling you cause we can't get the cops on it. You know that Lia wants to kill that son of a bitch herself."

"Got it. We'll be there in a bit."

"Wait. There's more." I stop him from hanging up.

"What is it?" Gunner implores worriedly.

"Razor's dead. – I sigh – His head is fucking hanging in our bedroom."

The biker Prez is obviously shocked by this, but his shock soon turns to anger. "Fucking shit! I'll call Vegas, he can be at your place in a few. I'll also send my guys to take care of the scene. You two should come here and stay with us for a while."

"I thought the same thing. Thanks, man." I hang up then sigh heavily. I still feel my stomach churning as I remember the way our bedroom looks. I've never seen anything so sickening. The only thing that scared me more in my whole life was seeing my bloodied kitten carried inside Tank's clubhouse after she was hurt.

I glance worriedly at my girl, only to see her lost in thought, staring distractedly at the floor as she leans her elbows on her knees with her chin on her hands. My phone pings with a new message, from Vegas. He and Brute will be in 10 minutes. Good.

I need to get Lia out of here.

Thank god we still have our bags packed.

With careful moves, I crouch in front of my girl and place my hands on her knees. Startling her when she's so deep in thought is the worst idea possible. "Kitten. – I whisper softly, getting her attention – Let's go. We can't stay here." I rub her knee gently, staring into her watery eyes.

"What about-?" She croaks, stopping when her voice breaks. I feel my own eyes fill with tears as I see how crestfallen my girl is. She doesn't deserve to go through more pain.

"Vegas and Brute will be here in few minutes. Gunner's also sending his guys to help. I'm going to pack whatever I can find and we're going to leave to San Francisco." I tell her seriously.

"Ok." She nods distractedly to let me know she heard me. I have no idea what's going through her head right now, but I don't like how calm she is being. Calm Lia means mad Lia. It's one thing when she's angry mad and another one when she's calm mad.

The calm one is much scarier.

Normally, when she's angry, there's a lot of destruction going on. But when she's calm, like right now, it means she's way past the point of fury and there's only cold calculation left. She's not letting her emotions get the best of her and is carefully planning her next moves. And that doesn't bode well for anyone who gets on her bad side.

I press a kiss to her forehead then quickly take a duffel bag out of the dresser and pack whatever I can find. I thank the god for Lia putting some of our things in the dresser in the living room, cause I sure as hell am not going into the bedroom.

It takes me just a moment to get our things; I can barely stay here with the whole mess. We need to get away from here as soon as we can.

"Let's go, kitten." I gently take Lia's hand in mine, leading her outside, where we're met by anxious Vegas and Brute. Vegas looks like he was just about to knock on our door, but quickly drops his hand when he sees us.

"Hey, we got a call from Gunner." Vegas greets, worriedly glancing at Lia, who's still quiet and detached beside me. "Give me the keys, we'll lock it up once we're done cleaning up."

"Razor needs a proper burial." Lia quietly says, making us all sigh sadly.

"He will, baby. He will. – I assure – Why don't you wait for me in the car, kitten?" I suggest, kissing her head. Lia only nods then walks away, heading to the elevator. I turn to the guys. "I'm sorry for making you do this, guys." I sigh.

Vegas only chuckles, while Brute shakes his head. "It's fine, Blake. – Vegas says – We're glad to help. Lia did so much for the club, it's only obvious we help her too."

"Thanks."

"No problem. Now go, we'll take care of this." Vegas pats my shoulder and takes the keys from my hand before heading inside.

I nod at them and walk to the elevator, intending to talk to Helen before leaving. I need her to confirm that it was the fucker who hurt Lia that was here.

I knock on Helen's door and wait for her to open. "What?" She glares at me.

"I need to ask you something. – I take out the picture from my pocket – Was this the man you saw at our apartment?" I can tell Helen's surprised by my cold tone, but she still looks at the picture.

"Yea, that's him... Wait, this looks like a mugshot! What's going on?!"

"Nothing. It's none of your business." I spit harshly then turn on my heel and go away. I hear Helen's questions behind me, but I pay her no mind. I don't have to tell her anything.

The ride to the parking lot is silent, too silent. I think about what I'm supposed to do now. I need to get Lia out of here then talk to the bikers about watching her again. Because of her biological mother she told the guys to stop following her. Anna. I don't like that woman. At all.

I reach the bottom floor before I can even formulate a plan of action. Damn it. I take a deep breath and school my features, not wanting Lia to see how distraught I really am. I need to be strong and calm for her right now. She needs my support, not my hysteria.

I put my bag in the trunk then get in from the driver's side, not surprised to see Lia curled up in the passenger's seat with her chin on her knees. I almost smile when I hear she's talking to her dad. Daddy's little girl.

I start the engine and pull out of the parking lot. Lia puts her phone on speaker so I can hear Tyson on the other side.

"Blake, you there?"

"Yeah."

"Make sure my little mouse doesn't do anything stupid before I'm there. You know she sometimes gets impulsive." I chortle when I see Lia scowl grumpily at Tyson's words.

"Dad!" She whines cutely.

"I got her. – I gently stroke Lia's head – We'll wait for you before we do something stupid." I chuckle.

"It's not funny. – Tyson grumbles – Stay safe, you two. I'll be there as soon as I can." With that he hangs up, leaving us with only our thoughts in the silent car.

Lia turns slightly in her seat so she faces me. She takes my hand in hers and starts playing with my fingers distractedly. "Are you mad?" She quietly asks after a while.

I whip my head to her in shock. "What?!" I exclaim, completely dumbfounded.

"Are you mad? At me?"

"Why would I be mad at you?" I frown in confusion.

"Because of me we have to leave our home. Because of my past you're in danger." I sigh heavily at this.

"Kitten, you really should stop thinking about stupid shit like this. I'm not mad at you. What happened is in no way your fault. None of this is because of you." I state seriously, pressing a kiss to her hand.

"I love you so much, Cakey."

"I love you too, kitten." I smile at her. "Try to take a nap, baby, I know you're tired." I suggest, caressing her cheek.

"I can't. I already know I'll just have a nightmare if I fall asleep. I'll wait for you." I can't fight the smile that appears on my face. My kitten won't sleep without me. It shouldn't make me happy, but it does.

"Okay, then." I take her hand in mine then place them both on Lia's lap. She simply leans back on the seat and plays with my fingers.

"Blake..."

"Yeah?" I glance at her, frowning when I see the worried look on her face.

Lia sighs heavily, running her hand through her hair nervously. "I'm going to do something really stupid."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 5.8K 71
*Girl x Girl* In a difficult line of work, her parents have to move from San Diego, California, all the way to Seattle, Washington where they are hap...
184 0 42
Grey Montgomery had everything she wanted out of life. She was on the verge of graduating high school and going off to college with the love of her l...
136K 6.5K 36
When a young warrior-turned-spy finds a rare magic wielder her people thought extinct, she must make a decision: stay loyal to those she loves, or re...
117 10 35
A tragic event decimates a town, forcing Maya and her family to escape and later return years later Maya is confronted with unknown secrets and dece...