Papillon

Par lumosnoxy

The only boy joining the girls of Beauxbatons at their voyage to Hogwarts is named Draco Malfoy. Beside from... Plus

01 - le garçon
02 - la pluie
03 - le parchemin
04 - le feu
05 - l'or
06 - la neige
07 - l'eau
09 - la réserve
10 - le changement
11 - l'avertissement
12 - le rose
13 - la prophétie
14 - le château
15 - la tâche
16 - l'oiseau
17 - la confiance
18 - l'obscurité
19 - la posédé
20 - l'épée
21 - le saphir
22 - la fin

08 - la deuxième

1.1K 55 103
Par lumosnoxy

C H A P T E R 0 8

Draco

They had literally abducted him! No warning had been given when they had snatched Draco by his arm out of the hallway, on his way to the library. He hadn't panicked at first because of the sudden abduction, but he had panicked because he would miss his meeting with Harry. Dragged to headmaster Dumbledore's office, Draco had thought he had done something wrong, but there he had seen the faces of others he recognized; Gabrielle, Hermione and Cho. He had stood beside the equally confused girls and waited for what the professors in front of him had to say.

They were going to drown him! What an awful plan it had sounded in Draco's ears. Enchanted in a deep sleep but completely safe... as if Draco had been able to believe that. He had sulked while throwing vile glares at each of the irresponsible adults in front of him before demanding five minutes to at least go to the bathroom before they would unwillingly put him asleep. Of course Draco hadn't needed to go to the bathroom; he saw it as his opportunity to tell Harry about the gillyweed. He had only found out about it the night before while reading in his new plant book. Already on one of the first pages he had stumbled upon it and while reading its description, had known it was what they had been looking for all along.

Scribbling down a note, he had ran towards the library as fast as he could. Halfway he had seen Ron appear out of nowhere, shoved the note into the ginger's hands instead. Ron had given him a weird look before Draco had taken off again, hurrying back to the Headmaster's office.

The note had simply read;

Use gillyweed for second task. Find: Potions class? No warming charm.

He could only have hoped that Ron would've been smart enough to give the note to Harry or somehow obtain the gillyweed himself. But all his thoughts had faded away as the professors casted the special sleeping charm upon him right at the moment he entered the office again.

☾ *:・゚✧

Nothing had Draco remembered from his trip to the bottom of the Lake. Rien. It had frustrated him even more when he had awoken, almost drowning by the surprise of finding himself in ice cold water. He had splashed his arms and legs in fury while getting cheered on by the surrounding crowd. Cursing all the professors and inventor of the tasks, he hadn't even thought about wether Harry had succeeded or not. But as the boy had grabbed ahold of his face, mumbling words Draco couldn't even hear, he knew by his clumsy kiss that he had succeeded. And succeeded greatly, apparently, as he got second place for arriving at the Merpeople's village first and saving two candidates instead of one. Fleur had been under the attack of grindylows and had to pull back before finishing her task, which made her score no points at all. But it hadn't mattered to the French girl anyway; the safety of her little sister had always been more important and worrying than her score.

Draco was still surrounded by the smell of pine, his skin in touch with the softest wool he had ever felt. The red and gold jumper, which he had made fun of at first, appeared to be one of the better things in life. And of course, that had nothing to with the fact that it was Harry's jumper or anything. It had been quite a surprise to Draco that Harry had dared to kiss him when everyone had been watching; he had thought the boy didn't want anyone to know about them. But it wasn't just something Harry should've worried about, by the public kiss their love had also been declared to all the girls and Madame Maxime herself. Draco didn't even dare to look at her; afraid she would judge him for betrayal to Beauxbatons. Already thinking about it made Draco's stomach turn upside down. He knew Fleur apparently didn't care but how would the others react? He had no idea.

He soon found out as he got back to the carriage's common room after the second task. Harry had been dragged along by a bunch of Gryffindors with the promise of a party at their common room. Draco had stayed behind with Hermione by his side, inviting him to come as well and Draco had accepted the offer before even realizing it. Curiosity of knowing what the Gryffindor common room and dormitory looked like had taken over. But he had demanded that he first wanted to change into something else; the jumper could stay but his slightly damp school robes had to come off. Not to mention that his hair desperately needed to be combed after its adventure down the Lake.

So as he got back to the carriage, he found all the girls had returned already as well. With the door swung open, he immediately heard a silence fall. All their eyes were pointed in his direction, blank expressions on their faces. Draco stood frozen in the door, unsure of what to do or how to react. Madame sat on her purple sofa by the fire, her eyes fixed upon him as well.

'Well well,' she then said. 'Vous et le garçon de Hogwarts?' Draco swallowed and felt his cheeks burn. He couldn't manage to say a single word; his throat felt dry and it was as if a little goblin was playing the drums in his chest. He nodded to her words instead. 'You know that he is Fleur's rival, oui?'

Draco nodded again. 'But I don't really mind, Madame,' he heard Fleur's voice call out. A weak smile graced her face as she looked from Madame back to Draco. 'Draco's happiness is just as important as the Tournament, non?' Fleur's words were a relief but the tension between Madame and him still hung above their heads. He felt her eyes shift from his face to his jumper and back, judging without truly doing so. Unreadable, the woman was.

Madame Maxime then let out a deep sigh, making Draco's heart jump. Was it a good sigh or a bad one? 'Peut-être,' she mumbled as she rose from her sofa. As she walked towards the portrait of her room, she threw the smallest of smiles in Draco's direction before disappearing, leaving Draco with a warm feeling in his chest.

He sighed out of relief and placed a hand upon his heart; its loud pace still resounding in his ears. At least he didn't have to worry about telling her anymore, and she didn't even seem that upset or surprised. She probably knew all along, the smart Witch that she was; probably already at the night of the Yule Ball. 'We don't mind it either, Draco,' Marie then said. Seated upon one of the blue sofas with her long brown hair let down, she gave him a sparkle of a smile. 'You and Harry are too cute together!' The girls followed her giggling and Draco blushed to scarlet red.

What seemed like an eternity of questions about Harry then followed; Is he kind to you? What does he smell like? Had you kissed before? What's his favorite food? Do you already have a nickname for him? Is that his jumper? Draco answered them all after getting pulled onto one of the sofas as well, surrounded by each and every girl including Fleur. Fleur even seemed to be the most curious and Draco wasn't really sure if she was trying to get some information she could use for the final task at the same time. But he didn't care; Harry was an open book anyway. When they were finally satisfied with their six-hundred-and-one love-related questions answered, Draco changed into a pair of fitted trousers and tied up his hair again. The girls waved him off with the cheekiest of smiles and in the twilight he wandered back to the castle, a grin wider than the Cheshire's cat upon his face.

A battle of moving stairs later Draco arrived at the portrait Hermione had told him about. The Fat Lady, she was apparently called, but Draco found it a rather rude name. Whoever had given it to the depicted lady hadn't been much of a gentleman. 'Bonsoir, demoiselle,' he said to her.

The Fat Lady gave him a little smile, apparently pleased by his addressing. 'How can I help you, young man? You do not look like a Gryffindor to me, am I right?'

Draco nodded. 'I indeed am not a Gryffindor, but I do have Gryffindor friends. They are having a party right now, non? I was invited by Hermione Granger,' he told her.

'Ah, yes. They are having quite the feast indeed. Asked them if I maybe could sing a song for our Champion but they didn't really seem in the mood for my angelic voice.' The Fat Lady dramatically placed a hand upon her head and looked away in the distance. 'Miss Granger told me about a blond boy coming to the party as well, though. So I shall grant you access, mister...?' she said, giving him a side-glance from her dramatic position.

'Monsieur Malfoy,' Draco said with a little smile.

The Fat Lady turned herself fully towards Draco again, frowning at his name. 'I believe I've heard that name before. Are there any Gryffindors in your family?'

Confused, Draco shook his head. 'Non; Papa went to Hogwarts but he remained under the House of Slytherin,' he told her. His father had never really spoken of his time at Hogwarts, but he knew he belonged to the House of snakes. Green, views upon the Lake from the dungeon and a cunning way of handeling everything.

'Perhaps I've heard the name from a Gryffindor from his year then,' she decided as she swung her portrait aside. Loud music from the wireless was blasted in Draco's direction, making him blink a few times.

He hadn't even stepped through the portrait hole or someone already pulled him into the crowd by his wrist. It appeared to be one of the boys he had 'talked' to before at the Gryffindor table, but he couldn't remember his name. He did however remember him as the single other boy that had asked another boy to the Yule Ball — of the pair that had danced closer to each other than any other couple. 'You're here,' the boy called out. Draco could hear the slightest Irish accent in his words and it seemed to suit the boy's appearance and actions even more. 'Harry will be stoked! Hey, Harry!'

With his free hand the boy snatched Harry by the back of his collar and pulled the boy towards him and Draco. Harry gave his friend a scowl before noticing Draco, his green eyes finding grey lighting up immediately. It looked like they had borrowed each other's clothes; him wearing a pale blue jumper and Draco still dressed in Harry's red one. 'Seamus,' Harry said to his friend. So that's his name. 'You can let go of Draco now.'

Draco looked down at his wrist, noticing that Seamus had never let go of it. 'Oh, sorry,' the boy mumbled and let go, smiling a bit awkwardly. 'I'm sorry about the other day as well — you know, when we didn't say anything to you. You were—'

'Intimidating?' Draco finished his sentence.

'Quite,' Seamus admitted with a smile. 'But now you look like one of us, to be honest. I mean— look at you! Red and gold jumper and everything!'

'It's Harry's jumper.'

'So what? Every person that wears the Gryffindor colors is a friend of mine.'

Harry sneered at his words. 'So you're saying that if that blond git from Slytherin wears red or gold that he's your friend as well?'

Seamus seemed to think about that before squinting his eyes and lifting his index finger. 'He — He's definitely an exception!'

'What about his friends? Or those boys from Ravenclaw that made fun of you and Dean, they wear red quite often. Or—'

'Alright, alright!' Seamus crossed his arms with a roll of his eyes. 'Let's just say that anyone from the other schools that wear red or gold can be my friend.'

'That includes all the students from Durmstrang as their uniforms are burgundy,' Draco added to that, making Harry laugh and Seamus slowly die away on the spot.

'Fine! Only Beauxbatons students then,' the boy called out, starting to get a bit hysterical.

Harry opened his mouth to make another comment on that but Seamus hushed him and walked away, done with the conversation. One glance in Draco's direction and the boys both lost it as they laughed at their friend. Harry then closed the space between them and kissed Draco on the cheek. 'I'm glad you're here,' he said to him.

Draco gave him a smile. 'Moi aussi; I've always wanted to see what your common room looked like.' Finally able to take a look around, he took a peek through the crowd at the roaring fireplace, at the red walls and ceiling and at the many portraits decorating the room. Two flights of stairs indicated the way to the dorms and velvet sofas in blood red were pushed against the walls to make space for the lions their party. Accents and details in gold were everywhere and the only ugly thing Draco's eye could spot was a board against the wall that held pieces of parchments with school announcements and exam dates. A few photographs were spread in between the portraits, showing off graduates and current students of the House flying on brooms, swimming in the Lake or showing off various of golden medals in other sports. His eye fell upon one picture in particular; a close up of a boy, his hair blown out of his face and a scar criss-crossing from forehead to eye; a picture of Harry flying.

'And, what do you think?' Harry asked him as he followed Draco's eyes. He chuckled at the sight of his own moving photograph but didn't mention it.

'Cozy,' Draco answered in a simple word.

Harry's arm slipped around Draco's waist and on the tips of his toes, he bend a forward a little to whisper something in his ear. 'Would you like to see where I sleep?'

A grin escaped Draco's mouth as he looked into the boy's cheeky eyes; they were gleaming guiltily as he took a step back and guided Draco over to one of the stairs. He didn't even think about wether anyone would see them; just followed Harry's quick moves from step to step. The dormitory where Harry took him to was just as crimson and gold as the common room had been. Four-poster beds were shoved against the walls with windows in between, giving views over the Hogwarts' grounds. A golden chandelier hung above their heads and Harry pulled him over to one of the messiest beds in the room. 'This is mine,' he pointed out, and Draco couldn't believe his words more.

'You won't say,' he replied with a smirk. If there was one thing he knew Harry was known for beside from being the boy from the tales or the brave Gryffindor, it was probably him being one of the messiest persons of whole Hogwarts. Dirty socks hung on his headboard, his trunk opened wide with a rumpled pile of clothes within, books scattered everywhere and his wand deserted on a bedside table next to a picture of him and his best friends. 'Let me tidy it up a bit,' Draco said to him before drawing his wand, giving it a flick and making the socks fold themselves together with the clothes, the books pile themselves. Draco clapped his hands and glanced at Harry whom looked at him, utterly shocked.

'You have to teach me that spell,' he told him with a grin.

'I believe all you roommates could use it,' Draco replied as he took another look around. The beds of the other boys were unmade as well and clutter was everywhere. But he didn't care about them nor there untidiness; he only cared about the green-eyed boy in front of him. 'So, should we go back to your party?' He took a step closer and placed his arms around Harry's neck. 'Or should we create our own?'

He could feel Harry's heartbeat raise at his words, the cheeky gleam he had seen earlier returning to his green eyes. The boy smirked before pressing his lips against Draco's, deepening the kiss with a clumsy move of his tongue. 'You look too good in that jumper of mine,' the boy mumbled in between kisses, already out of breath.

'I do? Then perhaps I should take it off, non?' Harry's eyes just widened as a response, kept themselves locked on Draco as he pulled the red jumper over his head and tossed it somewhere on the floor. Of course Harry had seen his bare chest before, had seen his scar, had seen him at his most vulnerable self; but this time it was different. Even though Draco had already felt a certain attraction to the boy back then, it couldn't compare to where they were now. It made him feel a bit more insecure about himself, a feeling he hadn't really felt before; the vain blond he was. But it had appeared to Draco before that Harry could make certain feelings well up that he hadn't experienced before; hadn't known existed inside him at all.

There was apparently nothing to be insecure about, as the boy devoured Draco's chest with his eyes alone already. His warm hands found their way on Draco's hips and he pulled him closer, kissed his neck and made Draco's knees tremble slightly. Draco didn't know where this was going but he didn't care anymore, could only think about Harry and his hands and— All caught up in their intimate moment, they both hadn't heard the upcoming footsteps upon the stairs until someone cleared his throat. 'Er — Harry?'

Harry turned his back to Draco immediately, facing the owner of the voice. He held his hands on Draco's hips in a protective way while the tall blond tried to hide himself behind his smaller lover the best he could. A speck of orange in the corner of his eye was enough for Draco to know that Harry's best friend Ron had entered the room. 'Y-yeah?' Harry finally answered.

Ron didn't know where to look and decided the red carpet underneath his feet was the best choice at that moment. 'W-we were wondering where you were. Thought you'd gone to bed or something.' He scratched his head, messing up his ginger hair in a nervous manner.

Draco hid himself a bit more behind Harry's back but somehow could still feel Ron's eyes cast upon him, even though they were still inspecting the carpet in great detail. 'I— We will be down again soon,' Harry told his friend. Ron nodded and almost ran down the stairs, away from the awkward situation.

Harry let out a deep sigh as he turned around to face Draco again. The boy's hair peaked in every direction, his spectacles crooked upon his nose. The lust in his eyes had faded away as if Ron had thrown a bucket of ice cold water over him. Draco also felt a bite awkward and tried to cover his bare chest with his arms and hands, suddenly feeling that insecurity again. With flushed cheeks Harry picked up the jumper Draco had taken off only minutes ago and handed it back, perhaps in a disappointed way. 'I'm sorry,' he sighed, but Draco waved his words away. It didn't matter; of course there had been a possibility of it happening. They both had just been too stupid leave the door unlocked or choose a different moment.

'Une autre fois, un autre endroit,' Draco said to Harry with a sigh.

'I have no idea what you just said but sounds good to me,' Harry replied with another sigh and Draco gave him a last kiss before descending down the stairs, joining the partying crowd again.

There was always another time, he told himself. It would probably have been too soon anyway. And the insecurity he had felt, his beauty suddenly depending on Harry's words or reactions or the look in his eyes. How the boy had changed so much in such little time; changing what no-one else had ever changed before. No other boy had ever made Draco feel insecure or wanting confirmation that he was beautiful and good enough. It made him shiver, really, that someone could influence him so much. He had always been so strong, so self-centered and perhaps it was a good thing that Harry made him a little weak.

It was already after midnight when the last Gryffindors wandered off to bed, leaving a drunk on Butterbeer Dean and Ron behind upon one of the sofas. They were still chatting about Quidditch and that they missed it so much this year. Harry had joined their conversation at first but as Hermione had drooped away to bed as well, he had preferred Draco's company over that of his friends. They were laying on the rug in front of the fireplace, talking about nothing in particular. 'Do you know what you want to be after seventh-year?' Harry suddenly asked.

Draco sighed. Of course he had thought about it before, but he knew it was still a few years away and that he would have time enough to think about it. Yet, he couldn't help but always answer the same thing whenever someone asked. 'A professor, peut-être. Beauxbatons is like a second home to me so I wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life there.'

'What would you want to teach?' A genuine curious look, a hand upon Draco's. The contrast between Harry's tanned skin and Draco's pure white couldn't be greater.

'Charms; I've always been obsessed with learning new spells and different techniques to cast one. That's why I also learn a lot of spells without a wand, you know. Mais ce n'est pas tout; being a part of someone casting their first real spell is just wonderful. I remember how proud I was to produce the brightest lumos out of everyone on my first day,' he told Harry. A warmth spread through his chest, one he knew wasn't caused by the fire.

'I must admit I can believe that; you seem so much brighter a Wizard than any other fourth-year. Bet you'll do great as a charms professor,' Harry said to him. His words fed the warmth even more.

'Et vous? What do you want to be, Harry Potter?' Draco asked him.

Harry shrugged. 'I'm not sure yet, really. Maybe an auror, maybe a professional Quidditch player — I don't know. Being a professor here at Hogwarts sounds appealing too after hearing you talk.'

'You still have years to think about it, Harry. I'm sure you'll figure it out when the time's there. And whatever it will be, I'm sure you'll be formidable!' Draco gave him a bright smile, one that Harry returned before yawning.

'Maybe I'll become a professor at Beauxbatons as well so I can be by your side the entire time,' the boy then said. Visions of Harry teaching classes in terrible French flashed in front of Draco's eyes and he couldn't help but laugh. It would be a terrible idea. 'But let's go to bed shall we? Do you want me to walk you back to the carriage?'

Harry rose and reached out his hand to pull Draco up to his feet as well. 'Non, merci. I'll be fine.'

'I was also wondering if we could meet up again tomorrow? Been wanting to surprise you with something for quite a while now,' the boy then said.

Draco shrugged. 'Bien sûr. Let's meet tomorrow morning at our usual spot by the Lake?'

With a kiss as an answer, Draco almost couldn't let go of Harry anymore. He wished every Gryffindor would just disappear so he could spend the night in Harry's warm four-poster bed, wrapped up in sheets of red with his lover dreaming by his side.

☾ *:・゚✧

A surprise. Draco hated surprises. He loved surprising others but getting surprised himself, oh Merlin no. He wasn't only bad at waiting, he also always worried wether he would like the surprise or not. And it was just that that happened.

Draco hadn't been able to sleep all night, Harry's surprise haunting him and keeping him from his sleep. His mind kept trying to figure out what it could possibly be, running down a list of possibilities as Draco fought with his blanket and punched his pillow. Feeling extremely exhausted by the complete lack of sleep, Draco got out of bed around eight; an hour he thought Harry would be awake at. He dressed himself in some casual clothes as it was Saturday anyway, a simple jumper and trousers would do for the day. The weather was finally starting to get better again and an early spring breeze blew a few strands of hair out of his face. He almost never wore hats anymore when seeing Harry, knowing that the boy loved his long hair so much.

As he made his way towards the Lake he could already spot Harry from afar; a red colored blur in the distance. More red than usual, Draco thought to himself as he neared the boy. Harry was dressed from head to toe in red robes combined with brown around the arms and legs, his House's crest on his chest. Draco stopped immediately, only a few feet away from the crimson boy. But it was too late to turn around again and make a run for it; Harry had already seen him. 'Draco' the boy called out as he waved his arm cheerfully. As he came closer, wanting to meet Draco halfway, Draco himself took a few steps back. Perhaps if I'm fast enough I can still run away from it, he thought to himself. But Harry was faster once again. 'Where are you going?'

Harry's hand had found its way upon Draco's arm, a firm grip that Draco knew wouldn't let him go so easily. He shook his head and buried his face in his hands. 'I can't, Harry,' he said to the boy.

'You can't what?' Green eyes tried to look in his but Draco just sighed and buried his face even deeper.

'Don't act like you don't know; I can't fly!' he answered Harry, finally also answering the look of green. He had seen it from far away already; the boy's red Quidditch uniform. It had always stung him to see others in Quidditch robes he knew he would never wear. At Beauxbatons they wore ones in blue, gold, silver and white silk, and even though he had heard that the games were quite the sight, he never had gone to look at one. The girls had tried to convince him many times by many different ways, but Draco had always declined their invitations.

Harry smiled at him. 'I know. That's why I want to teach it to you.'

Draco shook his head again. He didn't want to go through the embarrassment once more. What if he would fall again? Maybe he would truly die this time. 'Non, it's not a good idea,' he said to the boy. 'Can't we do something else?' He took a step closer and placed his hands on Harry's chest. A cheeky look into the boy's eyes and Draco was convinced he could make Harry forget all about Quidditch; but he was wrong.

Harry just let out a deep sigh and closed his eyes, as if to ban Draco out of his view. His determination was reaching a whole new level, apparently, as he clenched his hands around Draco's wrists. 'You always tell me you're like a butterfly, Draco. Well, butterflies should be able to fly, don't you think? Come on!'

He dragged the French with him towards the pitch, dooming up in the distance. Draco swallowed at the sight of the three goal posts, high in the air like moons of steel. House colored towers surrounded it and even though Draco had always been interested in getting to know every little detail about Hogwarts and its Houses, he would skip the Quidditch pitch easily if he could. At least, if it involved any flying. But Harry's grip was tight and as much as Draco tried to pull himself away; Harry just wouldn't let go.

The centre of the field of grass was marked with a white circle and the place where Draco was finally released. After being told to stay there, Harry ran to the side where two brooms were neatly waiting to be picked up, ready to fly. Draco's stomach turned around at the sight of the brooms; two sticks of death with a few branches. As Harry neared with them, he even felt slightly dizzy and took a step back. Draco could hear his heart beat in his ears as he remembered his fall again. 'I really can't, Harry,' he said once more to the boy. The Quidditch pitch was spinning in front of his eyes as if he was on a rocky boat, trying to keep it steady.

Harry let out a deep sigh and dropped the brooms, took Draco's face in his hands. Harry's hands felt soft yet rough at the same time; soft fingertips but with rough spots from all the flying the boy did. 'Yes, you can. And I'm here for you; I won't let you fall again,' he soothed him. Draco still could feel the world spin but nodded. Where that nod came form, he had no idea though. 'Now,' Harry said as he picked up the brooms again and handed one to Draco. The wood felt cold in his sweaty hands. 'Just follow what I do, alright?'

Draco gave Harry another nod and a weak smile as he swung his leg over the broom, just as Harry had done. The boy then explained to him how he should hold his hands, place his feet and bend his body according to the direction of the wind. But even though Harry was trying so hard, Draco's courage was slowly fading away with every word the boy said. His hands were sweating even more, the wood sliding underneath his palms. He remembered the first and last time he had been standing in that position; listening to the words his flying instructor had to say. It was as if Draco's magic had exploded from his hands, making the broom go up against his will. Reliving that memory and suddenly afraid it would happen again, Draco dropped the broom and shook his head as he took a few steps away from it. 'Je ne peux pas le faire,' he said to Harry even though he knew the boy wouldn't understand a word of it.

But Draco's panicked reaction was enough for Harry to understand. 'Draco, listen to me! It'll be alright!'

'Non! It will not! I'll fall again and — and break something or die!' He could feel his eyes sting a little; tears not so far away anymore. Merlin, why did he have to be so weak? Eyes casted away from Harry he stared up to the Quidditch posts. They towered above his head like giant monsters and it frightened him even more.

A hand was placed upon his shoulder and shortly after soft lips were pressed against his cheek. 'Come on now. I even dressed up in my full uniform especially for you,' Harry said to him, smiling a bit. Draco couldn't help himself but smile weakly as well. 'We could also fly together, if you want? On the same broom, that is.'

Draco turned himself towards the boy. 'On the same broom?' Harry nodded. 'Is that even possible?'

The boy shrugged and picked up his broom again. 'Want to try?' Harry swung his leg over the wood as if it was the most normal thing in the world and reached out his hand. Draco hesitantly took it and stood behind Harry. 'Hold on tight!' The boy said to him and before Draco could even react or tell him to wait, Harry took off with great speed.

Arms wrapped around Harry's waist with dear life, Draco closed his eyes and buried his face in the boy's Quidditch uniform. He didn't want to open them and see just how high they were already. Butterflies he could normally only feel when his eyes were cast upon Harry now fluttered inside his stomach and Draco tightened his grip around the boy even more. Harry winced because of it but chuckled as well. The feeling of the wind as it blew through his hair felt quite pleasant but still Draco could hear a little voice say that he would fall, fall, fall.

'You're not looking, are you?' Harry then shouted at him. The boy sounded far away even though Draco knew he couldn't be closer. 'Open you eyes! Look at the beautiful scenery of Hogwarts!'

'I can't,' Draco shouted back. He could almost taste the wind, smell the trees but still his eyes refused to open themselves.

'Have it your way!' Before Draco could figure out what those words meant, Harry took a leap downwards. Panic welled up in Draco's chest, the butterflies wanting to escape by the overly amount of adrenaline. And he had to open his eyes; he had to witness his second fall. But he didn't fall, nor did Harry. They were flying only inches above the Lake, the tips of Harry's shoes touching the water and making small waves. Draco could see his own reflection, paler than ever and clamped around his lover's body. He took a peak over Harry's shoulder as Harry went higher again, flew over trees and even through one of the goal posts.

It felt amazing to fly, Draco then realized. And even more amazing to do so with Harry. The view on the water and mountains around Hogwarts was absolutely stunning from above. Mesmerizing. The trees were coloring again, the sun sneaking between the clouds. He felt free and alive. As if he hadn't lived before. Harry didn't say another word to him nor did Draco; they both somehow knew that it was alright and that they were both enjoying it greatly.

They stayed up in the sky for about an hour, landing with aching muscles. As their feet touched the grassy ground of the Quidditch pitch again, Draco threw himself in Harry's arms and made the boy stumble. Together they fell upon the soft grass, eyes locked and smiles both wide and bright. He pressed his lips against Harry's and felt the warmth he had lost in the cold air slowly return to his body again. 'I want to try it by myself now,' he then said to the boy. Harry frowned first before smiling and nodding his head.

Enthusiasm flowing through his body, Draco got back up to his feet and ran over to the other broom they had deserted earlier. Leg swung over he tightened his hands around the wood a little more. 'You sure about this?' Harry asked, getting into the right position for take-off as well. The boy looked a little worried but Draco could feel his shared enthusiasm radiate from his presence.

'Oui.' He could feel his magic rush through his body as he launched himself in the air, higher and higher. The same feeling of freedom he had felt before filled his heart and lungs, maybe even greater. The wind blew through his hair and he felt it sting against his porcelain cheeks. Clouds in the shape of every creature imaginable hung above his head, encouraging him as they silently passed by. Draco then looked over his shoulder to smile at Harry, smile at the boy that gave him the confidence and the bravery to fly again. Harry looked proud, smiling as well -- but that same smile suddenly faded away, followed by a finger pointing in Draco's direction. Grey eyes returned to see where he was going, spotting one of the the giant goal posts doom up only a few feet away. Draco's heart jumped as he neared the steel structure with a speed too high and his own frozen body clamped to that speed. As he panicked, he tried to do at least something, tried to go through the goal post instead of bumping against the thick steel ring. To his surprise he managed to avoid most of it but felt the end of his broom, just a few bristles, hit the steel. It was enough to throw him off again, off the thing he hated and feared the most.

It all went so fast, the fall, just like it had done the first time. As he fell he looked up into the terrified eyes of Harry, already diving down his way to catch up with the blond. But Draco fell so fast and all the brave Gryffindor boy could think of was to just jump the last few feet as well, throw his arms around the boy and break his fall. And then everything suddenly went black. Draco could still hear the sound of rustling leafs but he couldn't see the trees anymore. At least, for a few minutes. His vision came back sooner than he had thought it would, leaving a terrible headache behind. He noticed he was panting, exhaustion kicking in again and spreading through his body like wildfire. Draco lifted his head a little and saw that Harry's arm was still tightly wrapped around his chest, still protecting him from getting hurt. He promised you he wouldn't let you fall again, a voice told Draco. And he lived up to that promise, didn't he? Draco had fallen again, but Harry had caught him mid-air, breaking his fall like the brave Gryffindor he was.

Draco placed a hand atop the boy's trembling arm and Harry's eyes finally met his, opened up with a moan that wasn't one of pleasure. One of his spectacles' glasses was broken, a large crack from edge to edge. Harry had a sorrowful expression on his face, as if he was about to cry. But Draco didn't notice any tears, only a single drop of blood running down the boy's forehead. Harry must have hit a small rock upon falling as he had a small wound next to his lightning bolt scar. 'Are you alright?' Draco asked him, finally finding his voice again. It sounded not much louder than a whisper, but he knew Harry had heard him.

Harry sighed deeply and gave Draco a nod, one that caused him to squint his eyes. Probably also has a headache. 'I'm fine — at least I think I am. My head hurts a little,' he replied.

'That seems normal as you fell quite high to safe an idiot like me, non?' Draco said to him, scowling at himself being so stupid.

'You're not an idiot.' Harry's voice was just as hoarse as Draco's and together they sounded like an old couple. And old, tired couple that had just survived a fall from Merlin knows how high. A strand of hair got pushed out of his eyes as a weak smile on Harry's lips became more visible. 'You should just stop looking at me all the time; it makes you miss certain things easily.' Draco grinned as he knew the boy's words were true; he had experienced it many times before that he had missed out on a lot of small details he would normally always notice. Whenever Harry was around, it seemed as if his mind only wanted to be occupied with the boy and with no-one or nothing else beside him.

'But I love looking at you, mon lion.' With closed eyes Harry chuckled of embarrassment. He lifted his head to lay it down on Draco's chest, ignoring the headache that was probably beating its way out of his skull. Normally Draco would have made a comment on getting blood on his cashmere jumper but it didn't matter at that moment; Harry had just saved his life in some way and it made him feel like the boy could do or ask him anything and Draco would grant his wishes without hesitation.

'The final task is nearing,' Harry then said. Nervosity was hearable in his voice. Fear. But a certain determination as well. 'And this time there's no clue.'

Draco sighed at his words. He had also thought about the final task many times but had no idea what it could be. Not even Fleur or Madame Maxime seemed to know what it was the Champions had to face last. They all knew it would be something grand; something that would challenge them one last time. A great challenge that would only be succeeded by a true Champion. Why Harry had suddenly decided to talk about it, right after their accident, Draco didn't know. But he knew that if he didn't answer, Harry would lift up his head and stare an answer out of Draco's tired eyes. 'It'll be fine. You don't have to win, just — survive,' Draco told him.

'Wouldn't you want me to win?'

'Of course I want you to win, Harry! But I rather love a loser than un sorcier mort.'

'And what does that mean?'

'A dead wizard.'

A nudge in his side followed. 'Don't say that; no-one will die.'

'Bien, if you say so. Still, I want you to be careful.'

'I will, my angel butterfly love.'

Draco grinned at his words and stroke Harry's hair. 'Let's go back inside; get someone to look at that head of yours.'

'Why? You dislike my face that much?'

'Croyez-moi, something to fix your face still has to be invented.'

Harry nudged him in his side again and lifted himself off the blond, squinting his eyes out of pain once again but not letting it get in the way of hitting Draco fully on his stomach as if the pain was his fault as well. Maybe it kind of was. 'You're unbelievable.'

The hit was hard enough to make Draco grab ahold of his middle with both arms, throwing Harry a glare. 'Tourmenteur!' Harry just smirked at the word he couldn't understand and got up to his feet, wobbling as he tried to steady himself.

Together they walked back to the castle, Harry slightly limping and Draco supporting him with the zero muscles he possessed. It took them three times longer than normal and Draco could feel every second creep away, every eye of every passing student casted in their direction. Upon arriving at the infirmary, they nearly ran into Harry's friends. Ron and Hermione were just leaving the room, Ron with a bandage stuck to his cheek. 'What happened to you?' they called out in unison at the sight of their friend.

Harry glanced over at Draco before answering them. 'Well, we went flying and Draco fell so I—'

'You had to save him again?' Ron interrupted him.

Hermione pushed him against his shoulder. 'What else should he have done? Let him die? You're unbelievable, Ron!' she said to the sulking fire next to her. It made Draco grin, realizing that the word unbelievable seemed to be a much better word to describe the house of Gryffindor with than braveor daring. Or perhaps it was just a nice addition to those words.

'What happened to you, actually?' Harry asked his friend, tone a little vile because of his earlier words.

Ron opened his mouth but Hermione shut him with a single glare. 'Viktor and I were taking a walk, just chatting about school. And then suddenly Ronald Weasley over here fell down from a tree!' Hermione crossed her arms while keeping a glare of death casted upon the ginger-haired boy.

'You were spying on her?' Draco asked Ron but he looked away, arms crossed as well.

Hermione answered his question with a nod. 'And it wasn't even the first time,' she turned herself to Ron again. 'Do you really think I won't notice you when I can see a speck of orange in the corner of my eye everywhere I go? You, hiding in the bushes. You, climbing up trees. You—'

'You dating Viktor Krum! Harry's rival!' Ron suddenly shouted at her. Draco and Harry both took a step back, surprised by his loud voice but Hermione didn't even flinch.

'We are not dating, Ron. Viktor is just a good friend of mine; one with a brain, at least.' With those words said she stormed away, chin held up high like Draco knew he would do in a similar situation as well. He admired her for handling arguments so perfectly, with the right words said before elegantly storming off. She was a fierce girl that would've definitely been an amazing Beauxbatons student.

Ron had left a few seconds later as well, still angry at Hermione or himself; whoever he felt was the problem of it all. And Harry had finally received the help that he had needed. Madame Pomfrey, the nurse, had taken care of the wound on his head and had told him his ankle was fractured. 'Rest a lot, my boy and everything will be alright again,' she had adviced him before they had left.

Another cut beside his famous scar makes Harry look a little different than himself, Draco thought as he observed the boy's face. He was walking the boy back to the Gryffindor common room, allowing him the rest the nurse had demanded him to take. A simple spell had fixed his glasses again, his green eyes shining brightly behind them. Harry still limped with every step he took but he didn't need Draco's support anymore, holding his hand seemed to be enough. It wasn't as if Draco had been that great of a support in the first place; he simply wasn't strong enough to help the boy. A few kisses were shared before Draco helped him crawl through the portrait hole, into the equally loving arms of his friends. He could see Seamus and Dean hurrying themselves over to Harry to help him, as well as a boy he had never seen before. A funny looking plant he held in his hands with great care but was put aside immediately as he noticed his hurt friend. How wonderful they were, Harry's friends; caring for him like Draco knew the girls cared for him as well. He waved at them and they waved back before guiding Harry to one of the sofas, pushing a first year off of it to make room. Yes, Draco could definitely be friends with those Gryffindors.

NOTE: This was quite a hard chapter to write as it's an -- in between -- chapter before the final task! I just wanted to write something a bit cute and light-hearted but still interesting enough! Hope you enjoy it and get ready for the next chapter because it's going to be quite the thing *hint* prepare yourselves.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

153K 9.6K 44
Elizabeth has been ruling her kingdom for 3 years now. She's gone through countless advisors in those 3 years. When she's finally ready to give up on...
217K 11.1K 29
Merthur AU (Set around early season 4) Arthur Pendragon is the new king of Camelot having assumed the throne after his father's death at the hands of...
28.1K 665 13
James Severus Potter, the mischief maker, totally like his grandfather along with his friends and siblings messes with Rose Granger Weasly's time tur...
13.7K 297 5
Sonic is dealing with being a Werehog while doing his daily business of being a Hero, but Amy Rose can't stand missing him this much! She sets off to...