METANOIA | TK

By hiraeseden

Metanoia: (n.) the journey of changing one's heart, mind, self or way of life; spiritual conversion Jeongguk... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Epilogue
Final Note
Another Announcement

Epilogue: Special Chapter

3.6K 300 84
By hiraeseden

Side couples special

Yoongi frowns as he stares at the man in front of him, dropping his gaze to their hands, both seated on top of a limited edition music album.

"I think I was the first to get here." He says, trying to make the man understand that he truly wants that album to be his and that he won't hesitate to fight over it. Even if he's much shorter, that doesn't matter.

The man, in such an annoying matter, pushes his glasses on his nose and Yoongi tilts his head to the side, waiting for his answer. "Technically," he mumbles before raising his head, smiling so wide despite his deadly glare, "I presume I am older than you so I was the first to be born on this planet but, even if I am not older than you, both of us have the same age because we are all made from the same matter that's been here since the Big Bang so there's no point in saying someone is older or younger if we're all actually the same age so, to sum everything I said up, we're both a few million years old—

"Shut up already and get it, my head hurts, what the fuck? 8 hours of algebra courses and this is what I get instead of a nice, long sleep. Just get it, okay?"

The man eyes Yoongi curiously, his dimples disappearing along with his smile, which is a little disappointing because he actually looked cute.

"You're the epitome of human kindness, little human. Let me treat you to a coffee. Or perhaps some tea?"

Yoongi frowns again, he doesn't think he's frowned so much since his graduation exam, and tilts his head. "Dude, you just told me that we're both a few million years old in order to get that thing and now you want me to hang out with you?"

"Yes, that is exactly what I want." The man says, so sure on himself that it surprises Yoongi.

"Wow, that was fast and totally unexpected from you. Why should I hang out with you? You could be a killer or something."

The man raises his hand, touching his chin, and Yoongi thinks he's in some sort of bad comedy at this point.

"Well, aren't we all killers? We kill ourselves as days pass by with saddening concepts and ideas."

"I'll leave now." Yoongi mumbles, sighing as he turns away, leaving the strange man behind, curiously staring after him.

Yoongi doesn't expect to meet him again a few weeks later while going to the National College to meet a former student and help them with their thesis. The man is sitting outside the building, on the grass, petting a cat that seems to belong there, smoking while he's doing it. Yoongi doesn't recognize him at first but he does recognize those dimples when the man smiles towards the cat. He thinks it's a different sight than the one he's seen at the record shop, the man looking more human now, unlike his strange persona from that day. Taking a risk while sighing, Yoongi decides to step towards, crouching down and starting to pet the cat as well. They make eye contact and the man seems to recognize him, his eyes widening as they both look at each other.

"Look, little Schrödinger, someone nice came over to pet you."

"Do you know that you're the reason of a paradox with major implications in quantum theory, little one?" Yoongi asks, smiling as he realizes the reference, looking at the cat before he makes eye contact with the man again. The man looks surprised.

"Wow." He mumbles as a smile appears on his face, showing those dimples again. "Go on a date with me."

Yoongi coughs so much that he almost dies right there but he fortunately regains himself, staring at the man in front of him with a questioning gaze, his cheeks certainly blushed due to how embarrassed he feels.

"What?" He asks, making the man laugh cutely, and damn those dimples because Yoongi's actually a weak man inside.

"Sorry, I was too fast forward but your mind really surprises me. You're intriguing. I'm Kim Namjoon, philosophy major and professor at this university. It's a pleasure to meet you again." He raises his hand and Yoongi stares at it before taking it in his own.

"Min Yoongi, mathematician. Nice to meet you."

Yoongi's glad he took the risk to talk to that man that day because he's certain he's met his soulmate ever since the record shop.

"Babe, what are you thinking about?" The present Namjoon asks him, Yoongi turning around in order to look at the same man that's embracing him.

"I was thinking about how weird you were when we met in that record shop and how normal you looked on the second time we met before you immediately asked me on a date."

Namjoon laughs, making a smile appear on his face as well because he's totally in love with those dimples. His husband sighs, kissing his forehead, Yoongi leaning his head back on his chest and continuing his activity, trying to solve an algebra equation while Namjoon is reading one his stupid books.

"Aah, you were so sassy then. Not like you've changed much tho."

Yoongi laughs loudly before smacking his husband with his tablet.

Jimin's an architect and he enjoys his job but, sometimes, it gets boring. He's always been a dynamic person, he used to love dancing and music when he was in high school, a result of him following an Art focused one. However, those passions slowly died after he got admitted into college because there was simply no more time for dancing. After graduating and finding a stable job, Jimin focused on maintaining his career, he focused on making money because that was his purpose.

He managed to do just that but, after a while, he realized that the stacking money in his bank account were just stacking, they didn't bring him any happiness. So Jimin took the matter into his own hands and decided to enjoy his life to the fullest, starting from going to clubs to going to concerts and visiting museums from time to time with Jeongguk. He stumbled upon an interesting club one night, one that promoted unknown dancers and singers, which was actually nice. Jimin visited it whenever he had some free time, simply sitting at the bar and having some drinks on his own because there was no way he could drag Jeongguk with him.

One night, as he was watching a boy perform while swirling his drink in the glass, he remembered someone sitting next to him but that wasn't a weird thing since the seats were mostly empty, most of the people around being too busy dancing.

"I've seen you around before. Are you here to recruit trainees? You look like an idol or like someone that works for a company."

Jimin turned towards the boy, immediately noticing his intriguing style and colored glasses. If Jimin looked like an idol dressed in simply a shirt and slacks, the boy next to him looked like a celebrity with his unique fashion style. Smiling, Jimin tilted his head.

"I'm not but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching them. They're really talented." He mumbled, watching as the man's face started shining when a smile erupted on his face.

"They really are. Most of them are dancers from my team. I'm Jung Hoseok, dancer and choreographer."

Jimin didn't know at that time what he was getting himself into when he offered his hand to the smiling man but he was glad he did so because Hoseok was someone he really did need in his life at that time. Someone that could make his boring life a little more exciting.

Him and Hoseok kept meeting at the same club at night and they clicked off easily, mostly because Hoseok was such a sociable person and so outgoing. Jimin enjoyed his company and, every time they met, he was amazed by the man's style and fashion sense. He looked outstanding and he didn't look like he cared about what others thought of him, something Jimin truly appreciated.

Hoseok was daring, brave, so Jimin wasn't surprised at all when he made the first move and asked him out. Jimin, even if he enjoyed making fun of Jeongguk, wasn't like that, so Hoseok became a pillar for him, a place where he could go when his projects became too difficult, when life became too stressful. He became his safe place and they were both aware of that.

"Do you enjoy being an architect, Jimin?" Hoseok asked him one night, while Jimin was laying his head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat.

"I do, I would've quit it if I wouldn't have liked it. But it gets too stressful sometimes."

Hoseok was affectionate, Jimin knew that. It was just the way he was, kind hearted and full of life, he's learned so much in the few month they've known each other. But sometimes Jimin didn't realize that he was so lucky, that he got to meet such an amazing person. He was the only one that saw his side of Hoseok and the other was the only one that saw that side of him but Jimin enjoyed it like that. He liked the way they were, he enjoyed the fact that Jeongguk wasn't aware of how attached he felt to Hoseok, of how safe he felt with him by his side.

"Whenever it gets too stressful you can come to me, baby. You already know that."

Hoseok was his safe place and he did so much for Jimin. He started bringing him lunch, took care of him, made him happy and, even if Jimin was aware that money wasn't the answer, he realized that he would enjoy spending money on things Hoseok enjoyed. Jimin started it easy, with a pair of glasses and some shirts. At first, his newly confirmed boyfriend, didn't agree with his actions, told him that he was with him for his heart, his mind, not for his money, and Jimin knew that. He knew but he wanted to pamper Hoseok, wanted his good soul to have everything he's ever wanted.

So he kept buying him things until Hoseok became used to it and their relationship went on like that. They never fought, never had arguments, and Jimin really thought that he's met his significant other in that man.

After Jeongguk and Taehyung got engaged, surprisingly, Jimin was so happy for his former loner friend. He's never imagined Jeongguk looking so happy, so in love, but he realized that, just as Jeongguk didn't know the parts of him that Hoseok knew, he also didn't know what sides of Jeongguk Taehyung saw when they were alone. Their engagement was a surprise to everyone but it was also a reason for celebration, Seokjin suggesting that they throw a party, which they did.

And, during the said party, Jimin's most beautiful moment in life happened. Hoseok got on his knees in front of everyone and proposed, making Jimin cry so much that Jeongguk ended up rolling on the floor laughing while he was recording him for "scientific purposes". Jimin's moment of embarrassment was afterwards shown to every coworker and friend but he, surprisingly, didn't feel ashamed. He enjoyed it. Enjoyed telling everyone that he was engaged to the kindest person he's ever met, enjoyed telling people that Hoseok was his lover, enjoyed everything.

And, after a few years, he realized that everyone was finally enjoying their lives to the fullest.

Whenever they met each other at dinner parties, Jimin realized how much they've changed, how much love has changed them all. Jeongguk was smiling so much now and he looked genuinely happy next to Taehyung, his husband, and carrying their little girl in his arms. Jimin felt like crying every time he saw them together and he was aware that Yoongi and Namjoon really cried sometimes because it was such a pure sight to see.

They were all happy now because, in the end, love has changed them all.

From their hearts, minds, selves and ways of life, love has changed them for the better.

As Yoongi said during one of their dinners, while watching Jeongguk giggle next to his daughter and husband, what they were witnessing couldn't even be described in words, the sudden change Jeongguk has went through, what they've all went through.

But Namjoon, as always, had his words ready for everything.

What they have all witnessed, the change for the better that has happened to all of them because of love, was titled metanoia.

And they all made sure to remember that word forever, and teach it to their children, to their nephews and friends, to everyone they met, because in such a cruel world, love was the only thing that could make a change.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 7.4K 25
- in which jeongguk is taehyung's new therapist 〳 top!gguk bottom!tae [ completed ] © MEICRODON
143K 11.2K 30
Due to their advancement in technology, humans are now able to contact their soulmates by writing on their own skin once they turn 18. Kim Taehyung...
2.7K 631 12
[ᴀ ᴛᴀᴇᴋᴏᴏᴋ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ] Jeongguk is an adrenaline junkie. Taehyung has a fear of heights. In order to help Taehyung to get over it, Jeongguk decides...