My Brother's Girl

By shaylamariam

Book 1| Completed | "You know the truth, Lia," Wyatt whispered. "You're my girl. You've always been my girl."... More

Introduction (Read Me!)
1| The Return
2| The Dress
3| The Key
4| The Connection
5| The First Kiss
6| The Other Pinky Promise
7| The Lake House
8| The Waterfall
9| The Dinner
10| The Walk
11| The Proposal
12| The Truth
13| The Prom
14| The Lie
16| The Birthday Dinner
17| The Necklace
18| The Text Message
19| The Secret
20| The Outside World
21| The Game Night
22| The Bet
23| The Southern Belle
24| The New Lia
25| The Surprise Guest
26| The Truth About Logan
27| The Real Truth
28| The Teddy Bear
29| The Side Effects
30| The Other Four Letter Word
31| The First Date
32| The Deafening Silence
33| The Fucking Idiot
34| The Drunk Dial
35| The Old Friend
36| The Right Four Letter Word
37| The Recreation
Epilogue
Secrets & Lies (Book 2)
Through the Motions (Book 3)
Till Death (Book 4)
The Stella I Remember

15| The Wedding Theme

8.7K 317 81
By shaylamariam

"Should we have a theme wedding?"

I continued to stare into my large glass of orange juice. I barely got any sleep last night. Every time I closed my eyes, I kept seeing Wyatt's face. I kept seeing that hungry look in his eyes as his fingers stroked me so thoroughly. It was wrong. It was very wrong. I let myself get caught up in the moment. He was saying everything I wanted to hear. But he was four years too late.

I put makeup on this morning to cover the dark circles under my eyes. What was I thinking last night? I guess I wasn't. I was feeling. Oh, yes. I was definitely feeling something...

I gripped his shoulders so tight, I was surprised he didn't cry out from pain. The anticipation of having his fingers inside me was almost too much to handle. He continued with long slow strokes and I was feeling every bit of it.

"Wyatt..." I moaned. Or begged, rather.

Just as he slipped a finger inside me, my eyes slid shut and I heard his voice at my ear. "Fuck, Lia. You're so wet. For me."

No one has touched me since our night at the prom. Rather, I never let anyone touch me. As awful as it sounded, when I went on dates, it felt like I was cheating on Wyatt. I knew it was ridiculous, but-- you can't help what you feel. At least, that's what I told myself.

"Babe? Helloooo? Earth to Amelia...."

I finally snapped out of my daydreams and looked up at Logan. "Sorry. I spaced out."

He laughed and handed me the list of wedding themes. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Come for me, Lia."

"Yes," I answered as I tried to get Wyatt out of my head. "I just didn't sleep well." Or at all.

"Well, take a look at these themes. It'll help distract you."

I took the paper from him and started looking at the very long list of wedding themes. There were so many options: chic estate, winter wonderland, royal wedding, Grecian... "Wait," I said when I read one at the bottom. "There's a Gone with the Wind theme?" I looked up at Logan. "Really?"

He tried not to laugh as he chewed a bite of his French toast. "I know, right? I am not doing that."

I smiled at the tone in his voice. "Why not? You don't think I would look good in the Green Curtain dress or The Burgundy Ball Gown? Perhaps the Green Velvet Dress?"

When I named off the famous dresses, I was trying to be funny. But when I said the last one...

"Look at me, Lia," Wyatt whispered. I opened my eyes and met his stare. "Do you know how amazing you feel?"

"No."

He leaned down to whisper against my lips, "Like velvet."

"You would look amazing in anything, Amelia."

"He's not wrong." Heat flooded my body when I heard the sound of Wyatt's voice as he joined us at the table. "You would look amazing in anything."

I took a risk and glanced in his direction. His eyes met mine, and for a moment-- there was a lustful hunger staring back at me. But just as quick as I saw it...it was gone. I crossed my legs; hoping it would alleviate some of the heat that was burning in my core. It didn't. If anything, it only made it worse. I vividly remembered the way it felt when Wyatt kissed me like he never wanted to stop. Or the way it felt when he clutched my body to his.

"That's what I'm saying," Logan added before clapping his brother on the back. "You've been M.I.A. a lot the past few days. What have you been up to, bro?"

I went back pretending to look over the list of wedding themes. I could feel Wyatt's eyes on me briefly before he answered his brother. I needed to get my anxiety-- and my hormones -- under control. Because right now, all my body wanted to do was let Wyatt bring me to another orgasm. Or three.

"This and that," Wyatt said casually. "It's been an adjustment moving back to the east coast."

"I bet," Logan laughed before looking back at me. "So, anything popping out at you?"

I looked from the list back to Logan. "Uh-- I'm still looking. Not really sure what--"

"Mind if I give it a try?" Wyatt asked with a charming smile. He held out his hand for the paper. "After all, I know you, Lia. I can probably guess your top two choices on that list."

Logan snickered at his brother. "God, that's the truth. He really does know you better than anyone. Even me." His smile turned into a frown. "That's pretty sad, isn't it?"

"Don't be silly, Logan," I said as I handed the list to Wyatt. "Even though you know someone for over a decade, it doesn't mean you know everything." My eyes flicked to Wyatt. "Sometimes people are just really good at lying."

Wyatt hesitated for a second before taking the list from me. I could tell he didn't like what I said. Oh, well. I was still pissed.

"Let's see here," he said as his eyes skimmed the page. He chuckled softly before looking from me to Logan. "Her first choice would be masquerade. She loves anything masquerade. But she would be too embarrassed to ask for that. She would be worried what people thought since it was a little out there. So, she's going to tell you she wants the Grecian wedding instead. After all, she loves everything Greek almost just as much."

He arched an eyebrow at me as he flashed a cocky grin. "So, Lia...how did I do?"

I rolled my eyes and snatched the paper back. As pissed as I was at Wyatt, I couldn't do anything except be honest. "He's right," I breathed in defeat.

Wyatt slammed his hand on the table; clearly satisfied with his victory. "Told you!"

Logan let out a low whistle. "Damn, you're good."

Wyatt gave me a meaningful look. "Nah. I just know Lia. Better than anyone."

He briefly held my stare before Logan broke the silence by clapping his hands together. "That settles it then. We have our theme. Masquerade."

"Logan, I'm not sure..." I drifted off. Even though Wyatt was right and that's what I wanted, it seemed too unique.

"Amelia, if it's what you want, then we're doing it." He rose to his feet. "Now, how about we relax the rest of the day and later the three of us go to Jack's Bar tonight?"

"I don't know," Wyatt answered. He seemed uncomfortable suddenly.

I was curious why he didn't want to go to that bar. Did he just not want to be around me? Or see me out with Logan? Curiosity really got the best of me sometimes.

"Yes," I said as I shot Wyatt a look. Basically daring him. "Let's do it."

"Here's your drink, babe," Logan said as he handed me my Vodka-cranberry.

"Thanks," I said absently.

I was trying and failing not to look at Wyatt across the bar. He was leaning against the pool table; poolstick in one hand and beer in the other. But that's not what bothered me. What bothered me was the blonde haired bimbo with the fake rack who was chatting him up.

I couldn't hear their conversation, but the way she giggled and playfully touched his arm told me they weren't debating on who was going to break when they started their game of pool. If they ever started. They've been standing there flirting for twenty minutes.

As much as I tried to keep it from happening, my mind raced as I watched them. He reached out and played with the bottom of her hair. She seemed to like it. She blushed as she glanced away before she trailed a finger down his arm.

"You wanna dance?" Logan asked as he slid his phone into his pocket.

Not really. "Yeah, sure." Maybe it'll distract me from this harpy trying to fuck the man I was in love with in some nasty bar bathroom.

I cursed under my breath as Logan danced with me. I rested my head on his shoulder as my thoughts continued to race a mile a minute.After our semi-uncomfortable brunch this morning, Logan, Wyatt, Lynette and I continued to go over wedding plans. Lynette was ecstatic about the masquerade theme and said it sounded different and fun. When we started getting into details regarding location and venue, I respectfully asked if we could tackle that on a different day.

Going over the details about what the masquerade theme would entail took enough energy out of me. Not only that, but being in the same room with Wyatt didn't help. There were a few times I caught him watching me or he would say something with a hidden meaning. To be honest, I felt like this was payback because of what I said in his room last night. Most of it was true. I did feel guilty about Logan and I was angry at Wyatt. He lied to me out of fear. We could have been together this whole time.

"You know what tomorrow is, don't you?" Logan asked me quietly.

I shook my head. "Saturday?"

He chuckled and I felt it vibrate in his chest. "Yes. But it also happens to be your birthday."

I gasped and pulled back a little to meet Logan's gaze. "Tomorrow? Really?"

"Yes," he laughed again. "Where has your mind been lately? Anyway, I was thinking we can have dinner at the house. What do you think?"

I couldn't believe I forgot about my own birthday. Wyatt and I usually spend the day doing something exciting. He hasn't even mentioned anything to me.

"Amelia? Dinner?"

"Um..." I looked towards Wyatt and my chest tightened. He currently has his tongue in the mouth of that blonde woman. I had never seen Wyatt kiss another woman before. Jealousy and hurt tore through me. I somehow managed to keep my voice steady when I answered Logan. "Yeah. Dinner at the house sounds good."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 388 20
Savannah goes on holiday with her boyfriend, Theo, and her friends. She thinks she loves Theo more than anything and Theo gives her the world. They'r...
404K 14.1K 52
Ivy knows it's time to return to her childhood seaside town to battle the demons of her past. Two years away from her friends, family and the beloved...
6.5M 181K 49
Hooking up with her best friend's brother is Sam's childhood crush come true, but to have a future together, she'll have to overcome her past. ...
33.9K 1.5K 44
*Book One* Every bad boy wants a good girl that can be bad only for him... And every good girl wants a bad boy who will be good only for her. Kather...