The Muggle Who Lived ☆ h.p au

By novastyrs

She looked at his scar. "You're just like me." He looked at her scar. "I guess so." +++++ Zoë is just a norma... More

I N T R O
zero
Y E A R F I V E
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
Y E A R S I X
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
Y E A R S E V E N
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen - the end of the war
epilogue
Thank You / Future Works
bonus - happy birthday Zoë

seventeen

1.5K 64 14
By novastyrs

Hogwarts's Castle Halls. April 21, 1997

Zoë went through the empty Hogwart's Halls. For the first time, she seemed lost, not knowing where to go or who to go to. The person she had trusted most had betrayed her.

Zoë's cries filled the hall. It was well into the night and someone should have been there patrolling the halls. However, everything was still.

"Zoë?" 

The girl looked up at the source of the voice, looking into the eyes of the Slytherin boy she had befriended. Zoë got up and ran to Draco, hugging him tight while she cried into his shirt.

"What's wrong? What happened?" Zoë didn't answer, only hugging him tighter. Draco stood quiet, gently placing his arms around her waist, rubbing her back in comfort. Finally Zoë let Draco go, realizing what just happened.

"I'm sorry Draco." Draco shook his head, wiping the tears away from Zoë's face. "Don't be sorry. Come on. Let me take you to the Hufflepuff common room."

"No." Zoë immediately interrupted. "I...I don't want to go back." Draco nodded, a sympathetic smile placed on his lips. Draco took Zoë's hand in his and together they walked through the halls, looking around her any professors. Finally, they made it to the hall leading to the Room of Requirements. Opening the door, thr room presented them not with the room full of stacks of junk, but instead a light room with a single bed. The pair walked it, with Draco leading Zoë to the bed.

"Stay here for tonight. You can always come here after classes tomorrow if you're still not ready to go to your dorm." Zoë weakly nodded, not being able to produce a smile in return. 

Instead Draco smiled for the both of them. 

Draco placed a small kiss on Zoë's forehead, before stroking her hair and making his way to the door.

"Good night Draco."

The raspy voice of Zoë called out to him. Draco turned around at the girl who looked back at him. Draco walked back and hugged Zoë again, burying his face on the crack of her neck.

"I hope you feel better soon." Draco felt a wet cold liquid on his shoulder. Zoë cried once more, the memories of what happened a few minutes ago rushing back to her. Her arms fell limp at her sides, having no more strength in her body. She felt nothing again.

"I'm okay Draco." Zoë lied. "You can go back to get some rest." Draco let go and just looked at her, stroking her hair in comfort. Draco received a blank look back. 

All the happiness he was used to seeing in Zoë was gone. Someone had stolen it from her.

"I'm serious." Zoë placed a cold hand over Draco cheek, seeming like a way to say thanks. "It's late and you look tired."

It was true. With the Vanishing Cabinet still no where near completion Draco spent countless sleepless nights thinking about the Vanishing Cabinet and what would happen if he didn't complete it in time. 

Draco took Zoë's hand off his cheek and held it tight. "Only if you promise me you will rest as well." Zoë looked up, a heavy sigh leaving her body. 

"I promise."

++++++++++++++++++++ 

Hogwarts Castle. May 8, 1997

Zoë hadn't returned to the office since that day, nor has she talked to her uncle either. She ditched the Room of Requirements two days after she arrived.

It was late at night on April 24th when she knocked on a door.

The man stepped out in his night wear, eyes widening when he realized who was at his door. He quickly took hold of Zoë, bring her inside.

Severus Snape looked at the girl before he spoke, scanning her clothes that have clearly not been washed in a while, the bones poking out of her cheeks, and the huge bags formed under her red eyes. In silence he guided her through his room, reaching a small spot that had a couch and fireplace in it. He sat her down before leaving to get her some tea.

The silence in the room was odd to Zoë. Although she was alone for two days, she had grown accustomed to the room being filled with her cries. Finally Severus brought in some tea and offered it to Zoë, before sitting down across from her.

"Albus showed Harry the memory of when my father was killed."

Severus opened his mouth to say something, but shut it immediately after hearing those words. It was so secret to Severus that Albus was showing old memories to Harry as lessons. Albus told him a while back. However, he never knew that Albus would show that memory.

Although Severus realized its purpose as soon as he heard what had happened, he couldn't tel Zoë.

Instead he looked at the girl, who hadn't even taken a sip from her tea. 

"He also told him things he has never told me before. Does he not trust me?"

Severus stayed silent, not knowing how to answer without saying something he can not say.

Finally Zoë looked up, her dull eyes reaching Severus's

"Thank you."

Pause.

"Thank you for saving him."

Ever since that night Zoë stayed in the room, occupying the couch next to the fireplace. Despite its warmth, Zoë felt cold every day.

On May 8th, Severus gave Zoë a potion.

"Take it. You haven't been sleeping lately and you need your rest." Zoë took the cup of potion and drank it, finally feeling the sensation of sleep she hadn't had in a long time. Severus placed a kiss on her forehead and bid her farewell before making his way through the halls for dinner. 

Meanwhile Harry Potter was already on his way to a certain bathroom, seeing Draco Malfoy's name over it, along with Moaning Myrtle, in the Marauder's Map.

When Harry arrived at the bathroom door, he was Draco standing with his hands clutching the sides of the sink.

"Tell me what's wrong..." Moaning Myrtle said. "...I can help you..."

"No one can help me." Malfoy interjected. "I can't do it...if I doesn't work...he said he'd kill me..." Harry saw in shock that Draco was crying. His body shock had his cried loud, his tears landing inside the sink. Tears still flowing, Draco looked up at the mirror, spotting Harry. He turned around, taking out his wand and casting a hex that barely missed Harry. The two throw hexes and jinx back and forth, with Moaning Myrtle screaming at both of them to stop. The spells hit nearby objects and explosions to occur in between the battle. 

Water started to fill the bathroom. Draco pointed his wand once more at Harry.

"Cruci---"

"SECTUMSEMPRA!" 

Instantly Malfoy fell backwards, blood leaving from his face and chest. Slipping and staggering, Harry made his way to Draco, blood seeping from all over his upper body.

"No---no I---"

"MURDER! MURDER IN THE BATHROOM! MURDER!"

Regret washed over Harry as Snape rushed into the bathroom, looking down at the injured Draco. Snape placed his wand over Draco, performing a counter-curse. The wounds began to stopping their flow of blood the more Snape repeated the spell. After the third one, he lifted Draco up on his feet, supporting the best her could.

"You need the hospital wing. There might be scarring but if we act fast we might avoid that." They passed a horrified Harry, walking to the bathroom door. 

"And you, Potter...You wait here for me."

Harry couldn't move either way, so he stood still, waiting for the professor to come back. 

Harry could only stare at the mess he made. Water still spread across the bathroom floor, only this time-

The water was red.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.8K 1.8K 37
Zoe Isabella Snape, well, you can clearly figure out who's daughter she is... But then again, she doesn't. She wasn't known as Zoe Isabella SNAPE, sh...
54.9K 1.1K 20
(Completed) Iris and Harry live with the Dursleys' together. Harry sleeps in the cupboard under the stairs. Iris sleeps in the basement with the mice...
874K 39.2K 144
"There is no evil in sorcery. Only in the hearts of men." - Merlin Almost everyone in the wizard community know who the Weasley Family is; an old lin...
2K 78 4
Summary: It's been over five years since Voldemort's defeat when Harry Potter gets pushed through a portal and falls into the Great Hall of Hogwarts...