Open fire

נכתב על ידי white_lies_me

~sequel to Flames in water~ {Calum Hood fanfiction} Who knew that after several peaceful years, you and your... עוד

Part 1 "Once more"
Part 2 "I wish for something else"
Part 3 "Perth"
Part 4 "New area"
Part 5 "Let's get the crew"
Part 6 "Start somewhere"
Part 7 "News are the worst"
Part 8 "Clues and unknown"
Part 9 "Family"
Part 11 "We've got it?"
Part 12 "Out of control"
Part 13 "Small talk"
Part 14 "Troubles along the way"
Part 15 "There's still time for everything"
Part 16 "Emergency"
Part 17 "Too soon"
Part 18 "Doesn't have to be miserable always"
Part 19 "Come clean with it"
Part 20 "Time is ticking by"
Part 21 "What is left?"
Part 22 "In between two worlds"
Part 23 "If the world ends now"
Part 24 "On your way"
Part 25 "Only one scar is permanent"
Part 26 "You can't teach an old dog new tricks"
Part 27 "Choices are never simple"
Part 28 "All the voices in my mind are calling out for me"
Part 29 "Gotta get out"
Part 30 "Broken pieces"
Part 31 "Agreements and disagreements"
Part 32 "An unexpected visit"
Part 33 "Trust"
Part 34 "Just like you"
Part 35 "Confessions"
Part 36 "I love and hate surprises"
Part 37 "Figuring things out"
Part 38 "Final decision"
Part 39 "I'm not ready to start again"
Part 40 "Mission accepted"
Part 41 "Back to the Dead forest"
Part 42 "Ghost of you"
Part 43 "Undoing the wrong"
Part 44 "On the edge"
Part 45 "Open fire"
Part 46 "End of an adventure"

Part 10 "Strange behaviours"

56 2 0
נכתב על ידי white_lies_me

What will you do today? Noone really knew. There wasn't anything to search, find connections with, other things, so what can you, wait? That's not how your group works, ever, so you hoped that at least someone had an idea. So far the morning was the usual, after breakfast going straight to training.

"Is noone going to talk about what happend yesterday?" Sarah asks bluntly as you were in the middle of stretching.

"You have to be more specific about which part about yesterday?" Sierra addresses.

"The bad ones" Sarah sighs with a frown.

"There's not much we can do now Sarah"  Liam says nonchalantly, doing stretches himself.

"We don't really have the ability to move on from here" you add with no intention to continue talking about this.

"Why aren't the guys with Lou?" Mali questions as she glances at the other room.

"He said that maybe if it's a special company that made the dart he could tell us where to find people who kidnapped Jordan and tried to shoot Sarah. The guys will come here after we finish" Liam explains, as everyone takes in the information.

"Do you think they'll be that obvious though?" Crystal, who was sitting down and just keeping you company, asked.

"Maybe, you never know" he answers with a small slump of the shoulders.  Eventually you finished with the training and the girls went upstairs, Harry, Niall and Louis were there as well. Crystal and Sierra went on the balcony, leaving you, Mali and Sarah with the guys. You really wanted something out of this today, but if it's how you started you won't get much, will you?

***

"Hey Tommo, how's it going?" you asked, leaning on the door frame of his room. Since Mali thought about a nickname for Liam, you thought of one for Louis too. His surname was Tomlinson so Tommo was pretty fitting. He sighs and you could see he wasn't really doing well by his frustration.

"No brand" he quickly mumbles, you nod, thinking it was appropriate. He sounded a little disappointed with himself.

"But..." he continues, grinning. Of course, it's Louis, he can't be sad.

"I think I did figure something else out" he adds and looks at you. A smile appears on yours face as you ask what did he find.

"Come here" he gestures to the desk so you come closer, your gaze on the dart that was dismantled. He gently took the part that was a small tube.

"See this?" he asks, twirling it with his fingers.  You nod, trying to see where's this going.

"That's the part that should contain some kind of a sedative, but this one looks odd" he finishes.

"Did you tell that to Niall?" you ask, but he shakes his head no.

"I'll go to my friend to see what he thinks, since there's no more substance left" he shrugs.

"Okay, but shouldn't you tell him at least?" you asked, just to make sure.

"Don't wanna get anyone's hopes up" he slumps his shoulders, acting cool with it. If there's one thing you knew, that was never to keep any information unknown to everyone, the end result is always bad. You were about to say something else, but Louis' phone buzzes so he looks at the caller ID and quickly says.

"Sorry I have to take this" you've never seen him walk so fast. You watch as he leaves the room, the sound of his footsteps making you know he went outside. That's weird, who could it be if he had to go outside for privacy. You decided to shrug it off for now, leaving his room and joing Mali and Sarah in the living room.

***

Niall came back to his chair with an energy drink in his hands, Liam told you what they were for, it is pretty self-explanatory. Harry and Sarah were on the couch rewinding the news, probably hoping to find something they've missed. Mali sat on the smaller chair, reading a random book. You went over to Niall first, maybe he has done something productive today.

"Hey Ni, have anything?" you asked sweetly, sitting on the chair next to him.

"No and my eyes are tearing up from the screen" he says, rubbing them tiredly then propping himself with one arm in the chair.

"How about Louis?" he asks, his eyes glued to the screen. Should you tell him, maybe you're just taking this secret too seriously? Louis didn't say that you can't tell anyone about it, but...maybe it was implied?

"He's working on it" you say, he smiles a little, before it fades into a sad expression.

"Smile" you say, surprising yourself. He looks at you confused, but just you chuckle.

"You have a pretty smile, you should smile more often" you say, grinning. He chuckles at that, finally taking his eyes off from the screen.

"You're really strange Willow sometimes, I like you" he comments with a silly facial expression.

"Just tryna help" you shrug with a hidden smile. He nods, kissing your cheek. You did not expect that.

"Thank you" he adds and focuses back on the screen. With thar you get up and go over to where Sarah and Harry were sitting. That was...strange?

***

"Harry this is the fifth time we've watched this, there's nothing hidden!" Sarah says annoyed, she leans back further into the couch and crosses her arms over her chest.

"But I swear I saw another person" Harry says frustrated.

"Would you two shut up please?" Mali says, catching their attention.

"Oh, I'm sorry miss 'I'm reading a book leave me be', why don't you go upstairs?" Sarah scoffs, woah, talk about tension today. You interrupt them before anything escalates.

"Hey, hey, let's all calm down. What's up with you two? You've been really strange towards eachother for the past two days" you say sophisticated as possible. Mali looks away and Sarah frowns at that, Harry is revealed that you stepped in. You were right about Mali and Sarah acting very weird towards eachother ever since the day before Crystal told everyone she's pregnant. It didn't happen when the others were around, but when there was one more person they would fight like this. You overheard them arguing yesterday evening when you went out to the bathroom and they were downstairs in the kitchen. How did they not wake the guys up? God knows, but you heard them and it was a stupid theme, but sure strange behaviour from them.

"Listen Willow, you don't have to be a goody two shoes all the time, you know" Sarah snarled at you, oh she did not just say that.

"Hey, leave Willow alone, she just wanted to help" Mali said through gritted teeth. Harry and you were completely silent, from the corner of your eye you saw Niall watching the whole thing, but he didn't want to dip his toes in this one. Sarah sighed loudly and got up, you could basically see the smoke from her ears.

"I'm going downstairs" she mumbled, running off. Mali shook her head at that and you took a seat next to Harry, the room fell silent untill Louis entered the house. He stopped when he noticed something's off.

"Alright, who killed who?" he asked as a joke.

"Not now Lou" Niall sighed and took another sip of his drink.

"Okay...I get it" Lou got it as he went back to his room. You gestured for Harry to ask Mali anything, but he shook his head no discreetly.

"You coward" you muttered under your breath. He just gave you a look as if to say 'really' and yes, really.

"Do you want to tell us something Mali?" you studdered while asking. You're not going to lie, but when Mali's angry you were scared of her.

"I don't know what's up with Sarah. She started it and I'm not just gonna sit there and watch her yell at me" she answered, closing her book and going somewhere. Suddenly she stopped right before the stairs.

"I'm sorry guys, I guess the situation is getting to me. I didn't mean to offend anyone" she sighs as she places one hand on the wall.

"It's okay Mali, noone can always keep cool" Harry said softly, she smiled sadly at all of you, going upstairs. Louis' head pops up from the doors, which made you smile a bit because of his goofiness.

"Can I come out?" he asks, you chuckled at that.

"Yeah Lou, the coast is clear" Niall smiles warmly. It's nice, when Louis makes everyone laugh even in the most stressful situations, kinda like Ashton, maybe that's why they got along very well. You chatted a bit more with them, Louis soon after went to his friend though. Niall continued whatever he was doing, Harry went on to make lunch, Sierra and Crystal came down too so Sierra helped Harry. The other guys came upstairs too, everyone together expect Mali and Sarah. Calum and Luke mostly kept asking questions about them, but Niall, Harry and you insisted that they should just cool off.

***

Sarah's POV*

Thankfully Liam left the punching bag all to me. The guys asked questions when they saw me come downstairs, but I only told them I wanted to warm up a little more so there were no more questions. Ashton kept glancing at me, it wasn't in an inappropriate way. That was Ash for goodness sake, he would never do that, it was like he knew I was upset. To be honest I didn't know why I lashed out at Mali nor Willow like that. I've done that to Mali a couple times for the last two days, but there was no strong motive for that. Willow was just there at the wrong time and my mouth was quicker than my mind. I guess I was jealous? Of what...I don't really know, more than one thing, at least I think so. I kept watching Calum, Willow, Luke, Si, Crys and Mike happy and together, I guess I wanted that for a long time, but nothing ever happened. How is Mali involved with that? Well, she hangs out with...a particular person a lot and I may like him more than I think, at least my inner wolf does. It wasn't only me speaking when I lashed out, it was her. She kept on nagging me to speak up and I did, but what benefit did that bring me? I don't wanna show myself for the rest of the day, no, let me make that clear, I would rather hang out with two or three people than everyone today. I'm just going to be down here for...a little longer... I saw the guys finishing up their training then so Liam came to me then.

"Sarah are you sure you wanna continue or join us?" he asks politely.

"I'll stay here, thank you for asking tho" I answer him nonchalantly. He sighs, but a small smile appears on his face from sympathy.

"Okay, but I can't watch you all day so please don't carelessly just punch it. You could seriously injure yourself" he said concerned, it was cute how he cared but God, he sounds just like Mali. I nodded without a second thought so he went to join the others. Luke sent me a reassuring smile so I returned it, the others waved at me and I nodded in acknowledgement.  I continued mindlessly doing anything to keep me busy. It's better this way.

***

Willow's POV*

It was kind of late, at least for everyone to be awake. Surprisingly that was the exact case tonight. Some people in their rooms with open doors, some still on the couch, others kitchen. You were sitting alone on the balcony, legs crossed with your mind in the clouds.

"Hey Willow?" you hear someone whisper behind you, Sarah.

"Hi Sarah" you said with no emotion as you turned around to face her.

"I... I just wanted to say sorry. My mouth was quicker than my thoughts and well, I appreciate you for always being there for everyone. I never wanted to offend you" she apologises sincerely. It was all you were waiting for, because you understood her and have known her long enough that it was time to accepting the apology.

"It's okay Sarah, I just wanted to hear an apology from you" you smile at her, she happily returns it. There were visible questions up in the air, but noone wanted to bring anything up.

"Well, guess I'll go to my room. Night" she quickly says, starting to walk away.

"Goodnight" you say, turning around to look at the sky with a small sigh. There hasn't been anything to do today and you had nowhere to go. You hope that Louis' is onto something, after all, he should be back any minute now.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

26.2K 600 49
When Calum Hood and Amelia Evan's paths cross, little did they now the roller coaster ride they were going to experience. With love, distance, heartb...
No Shame נכתב על ידי M =)

ספרות חובבים

39.3K 1.7K 31
Two rules that are never broken: 1. Drunken mistakes have lasting consequences 2. New Year's resolutions never go as planned But is it a good thing...
5.1K 159 43
{Calum Hood fanfiction} You were something different, the only one of your kind. Your best friend Michael was a werewolf, he was the only one who k...
60.7K 824 26
Join me as I take you on a hell bent adventure of rad imagines, fanfiction drama, and comedic breaks (well, what i think is funny) - also Ashton Irwi...