The Twin

By ilovefood257

[BEING REWRITTEN! MORE INFO ON MY PROFILE] I've tried multiple times at a decent description but im bad at th... More

Before We Begin
The Potters
Mystery Man
Going to Hogwarts
Malfoy
Change of Clothes
Troll
New Enemies
Singing Like We Mean It
Christmas Feast
Forgiving
Changing Snape
Occlumency
Flashbacks
Christmas
Making Up
End of Break
Potions class
Mob
A Night To Myself
Detention
The Three Headed Dog
Free Day
Saving The Stone
Do You Have Any Ideas You Can Give Me?
Detention With Hagrid
Disappointment
Back With The Dursleys
End

Flying

1K 20 2
By ilovefood257

Y/N POV

We all stood near a broom, with the Gryffindors on one side and the Slytherins on the other. Draco was in front of me while Harry and Hermione were next to me, and Ron was next to Harry. We saw Madam Hooch walk over to the class.

"Good afternoon class."

"Good afternoon Madam Hooch." We all said in sync.

"Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of their broom stick. Come on now, hurry up." We all stepped to the left side of our brooms, as told.

"Stick your right hand over the broom, and say up." We lifted our hands over the broom.

"Up!" I demanded. The broom shot into my hands. A few looked at me impressed.

"Up!" Harry yelled, and the broom hesitated before reaching his hand.

"Up!" Draco yelled, and his broom acted like mine, flying into his hand. He smirked at Harry. I looked over to Hermione.

"Up. Up. Up, up, up. Up? Up." I chuckled a little before looking at Ron.

"Up. Up! Up!!" He yelled, and the broom flew up and smacked him in the head. We started laughing at him.

"Oh, shut up.." He grumbled, slightly embarrassed.

"Now, once you've got hold of your broom, I want you to mount it, and grip it tight. You don't want to be sliding off the end. When I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off of the ground, hard. Keep your broom steady, hover for a moment, then lead forward slightly, and touch back down. On my whistle. Three, two." She blew her whistle. Neville flew off of the ground and we all turned to watch him.

"Mr. Longbottom. M-Mr- Mr. Longbottom!"

"Help! Ahh! Help! Help!!" Neville yelled.

"Neville!!" I yelled.

"Come back down this instant!" Madam Hooch yelled, even though he had no control over his broom. He started being flung around, and he crashed into a wall multiple times. He shot up in the air again and flew toward a statue, getting his robes caught in the process. He was now hanging from the point of the statue. We all crowded around the area.

"Whoaa!" He yelled. He dropped a little, and slowly looked up. His robes were ripping. He fell and got caught on another point. He fell out of his robe and landed hard on the floor. He screamed in pain.

"Everyone out of the way!" Madam Hooch yelled, running over to Neville.

"Do you think he's alright?' Hermione whispered to me.

"I think he'll be ok. He didn't fall from that high, so its probably something that Madam Pomfrey can easily fix." She nodded her head and faced Neville again.

"Oh dear.. Its a broken wrist." Hooch said, while clicking her tongue. I saw Draco pick up something from the floor.

"Come on now, here we go. Everyone is to keep their feet firmly on the ground while I take Mr. Longbottom to the Hospital Wing, Understand? If I see a single broom in the air, the one riding it will find themselves out of Hogwarts before you can say quidditch." She warned, and left with Neville.

"Did you see his face?" Draco asked. We all turned to face him.

"Maybe if the fat lump had given this a squeeze, he would've remembered to land properly." He said, while holding up Neville's remembrall.

"Give it here, Malfoy." Harry demanded.

"Yeah Draco, thats not yours!" I said. He looked at me apologetically before continuing.

"No. I think ill leave it somewhere for him to find. On the roof, maybe?" He said, while swiftly taking off with ease.

"Whats the matter, Potters? Too out of reach for you?" He asked, mockingly. I was angry at Draco and mounted my broom.

"Y/N, what are you doing? You could get expelled!" Hermione said.

"I have to, 'Mione. Im not letting him talk about Neville like that." I muttered, and took off with Harry following behind me. It was quite easy, and I enjoyed the wind hitting my face.

"Give it back Draco-"

"Or I'll knock you off your broom!" Harry finished.

"Really?" He said, and as Harry rushed forward, Draco spun around.

"Have it your way, then." He said, and he threw the remembrall towards the castle. Harry took off after it. I saw a student transfigure a ball and throw it towards him. I gasped and flew as fast as I could. I reached him just in time, and I knocked the ball away from him. Harry held the snitch and his hands and thanked me for hitting away the ball. Someone decided to throw the ball back at us. I caught it and threw it far into the forest.

"Nice throw, Y/N." Harry said.

"Thanks! Nice catch." We touched back down to the ground and everyone was cheering for us. That is, until Professor McGonagall walked towards us. Draco mouthed 'Im sorry'. I sighed and mouthed back an 'Its ok".

"Mr and Ms. Potter! Come with me right this instant!" She yelled. We followed her into the classroom.

"Professor, I can explain!" I said.

"Oh, your not in trouble. That was an incredible show out there, how Harry caught the remembrall, and how you were able to hit a ball away from him, catch it when it was thrown back, and toss it into the woods. I've also heard stuff from Snape, about how you did something similar, but with a chocolate frog? You just dived onto the floor to get a piece of chocolate." I blushed and hid my face. She continued.

"That is exactly what we need on our team." She said and we reached a classroom. She asked for a guy named Oliver Wood. She then brought us to an empty classroom.

"I think I've found you some new quidditch players." She told him. I know where the quidditch field is, considering I go there all the time, but I don't know how to play it.

"Mr. Potter here can be fit for a seeker, while Ms. Potter can fit all positions. I want you to meet with them and explain how it works." He nodded and she left the room. He turned to us.

"Hey Potters. My names Oliver Wood and Im also the quidditch team captain. Now, don't worry about not knowing what the game is. I want you to meet me when dinner is over in the field so I can explain the rules and such to you." Harry and I nodded and we all left to the Great Hall for dinner.

"Well that was.. eventful." I said. Harry chuckled a little.

"Yeah, it was. Don't you have to meet Malfoy and Hermione after dinner at the field?" My eyes widened in realization.

"I forgot about that! I guess I'll have to reschedule it.. or maybe they can hang out on their own? I'll figure it out." We reached the doors and headed to our table. We sat down and started eating. I looked up at Hermione.

"'Mione? We didn't get in trouble, but apparently we're going to be on a quidditch team. We're supposed to meet the team captain after classes are over." I explained. She nodded her head.

"Thats ok. Draco and I can just hang out one on one, then. I'll tell him the change of plans for you." I smiled and thanked her. I decided to leave dinner early to go to my dorm. I wasn't going to go to the field in my robes, in case he had us practice. It was also very hot outside. I reached my dorm and pulled out some of Hermione's clothes.

Here is the amazing outfit you shall wear. If you don't like it, you can imagine it as something else or something.

When I finished, I undid by braids and pulled my hair into a ponytail. I quickly made my way to the quidditch field. Apparently, I was early, because Oliver and Harry weren't there yet. I saw some brooms lying on the floor so I picked one up and decided to warm up. As I flew threw the air, I felt free and calm. I took a few laps around the field until Oliver called my name. I touched back down and he started to explain.

"So, quidditch is a popular sport that we play. There are different roles, such as seekers, chasers,  beaters, and keepers. A seekers job is to catch the golden snitch. A snitch is a tiny, golden ball that flies around everywhere. Its very hard to spot, let alone catch. A chasers job is to try to get a quaffle, another type of ball, into one of those 3 hoops." He said, pointing across the field at 3 large hoops. We nodded and he continued.

"A beater's job is to hit away bludgers, another type of ball, from other teammates. They mainly try to hit it at the other team. Beaters receive a bat to do this, because bludgers are made of iron, and can knock someone out if they get hit. Finally, a keeper is the one at the hoops. They try to keep the other team from scoring."

"So its like a mix of being a goalie in soccer, hitting a ball in volleyball, catching a baseball, and shooting a basketball. But all on brooms." I said. He slowly nodded his head, confused.

"Oh its a-"

"Muggle thing." I finished. He nodded and spoke again.

"I was told by Professor McGonagall that Harry, your fit to play seeker, and Y/N, your fit to play all roles. So Y/N, you can pick whichever spot you want to play, but if you want seeker, you and Harry have to try out for it." I thought for a moment. I would feel bad if I got seeker, because thats the only thing Harry was chosen for. Being a beater does sound fun..

"I'll let Harry have the seeker spot. I want to be a beater!" I said. Harry smiled.

"So Harry, you're a seeker, and Y/N a beater. I also want you to play backup for the other spots. Lets say Harry gets knocked off his broom. Then I want you to drop your bat and fill in for him. For the other spots, same thing." Oliver said. We nodded and he pulled out a large chest.

"In here are 2 bludgers. Y/N, I want you to get on your broom and once I release the bludgers, you just try to hit them away from you." He said and I nodded. I took off into the air on my broom. Oliver released the bludgers and they came flying at me. I ducked away from one of them and swung my bat at the other.

Harry POV

I watched the bludgers being released and Y/N looked as ready as ever. They came flying towards her. She ducked away from one of them and she hit the other with her bat. The one she ducked away from came back at her, and she hit it away. They just kept trying to attack her, and she just kept dodging hitting them away. It looked awesome! She finally looked tired and sped towards the ground. She jumped off her broom and rolled onto the floor.

 She quickly stood back up and turned around. The bludger was coming right at her! She dropped to the floor to avoid getting hit. Oliver hurriedly trapped the bludgers back in the chest and turned to Y/N.

"That was amazing, Y/N! You're going to fit perfectly on the team." 

Y/N POV

"That was amazing, Y/N! You're going to fit perfectly on the team." Oliver told me. I smiled brightly. He turned to Harry.

"Now, Im going to practice with you. We won't use the snitch today, because its really hard to spot, and also because its getting dark." He picked up a tiny ball, resembling the snitch.

"Y/N is just going to throw this wherever she wants and you have to try to catch it." He handed me the ball and Harry took off on his broom. I threw the ball as high as I could and watched Harry speed after it. Unfortunately, he didn't catch it in time, and it fell to the floor. He frowned but I just threw the ball again. This time, he was able to catch it. He did this a few more times before we decided to head to our dorms.

"I didn't mention this before, but we need to talk about that outfit." Harry said, while we walked threw the halls.

"What about it? It was super hot outside so I wanted to change."

"Its too revealing."

"I think it looks fine." A voice said from behind us. We turned around to see Cedric leaning agains a wall. I didn't like hime. I don't know why, but I just don't.

"What do you mean by that?" Harry asked.

"I mean, I think she looks good in it."

"Cedric, we're eleven, in case you forgot. Stop looking at me and mind your business. You can try again when we're in 4th year. Bye!" I said as I pulled Harry into our common room. Harry mumbled something that I couldn't hear, and said goodnight as he walked to his dorm. Tomorrow was Saturday because for some reason, they decided to start school on a Friday. I went to my dorm and quietly grabbed a book, making sure I didn't wake Hermione.

 I went back to the common room and laid down on the couch. I opened my book and started reading. I soon felt my eyes get heavy, and before I knew it, I was fast asleep. It had been a good day, other that the flying class situation with Draco, but thats just his mask. Im sure its fine.

Hey guys! How do you like these chapters so far? I also want everyone to stay safe because of Project Pridefall. Its a very serious situation and if you want details, search it up. Its directed at the LGBT+ community. I recommend searching it up anyway, just so you know whats going on. Everyone, stay safe in your homes!

Bye

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 147 13
I suck at these! I apologise in advance! Based off the movies! Not the books! Y/N Black is a fourth year at Hogwarts, and let's just say...things get...
47K 791 34
||COMPLETED|UNDER EDITING|| Sure, you've all heard of the all famous Harry Potter and how he found the Sorcerer's Stone, discovered the Chamber of...
33.8K 935 21
I'm sure you've heard of Harry Potter and how he defeated the dark lord, Lord Voldemort. But what if he has the sister, a twin sister to be exact, w...
4.8K 128 16
Smart, witty, sarcastic, intelligent, loyal and cunning, these are some of the traits of Ron's twin sister, (Y/N) Weasley, who is the complete opposi...