Occlumency

I woke up earlier than usual this morning. I felt a little bit sick, but that was probably from the cold weather. Maybe I shouldn't run today. I got ready for the day and got dressed in some clothes that Hermione had lent me. I made sure to write a note to Hermione to not worry her.

Hermione,

I'm currently out doing stuff, so don't worry if you don't see me in bed. I will see you later for sure! 

-Y/N

I made my way to the Great Hall and suddenly didn't feel that hungry. I sneaked out of the doors of Hogwarts and ran over to Hogsmeade. It wouldn't be a problem with being caught, because people always say I look older, and I'm somewhat more mature than other people my age. The sight was beautiful. I, of course, had never been here so I didn't know where anything was. I pulled out my list. I decided to get 'Mione's gifts first. I went over to a book shop and looked around. Lucky for me, they had a muggle book section and I was able to find what I was looking for. I paid for the books and went to get Fred and George's gifts.

Time passed quickly and I finally got everything that was on the list. I was carrying so many bags and it was hard to not get caught by some teachers when I was sneaking back to my dorm. Thankfully, 'Mione wasn't there so I somehow hid all the bags out of sight. O/N was back so I went over and read the letter I had gotten.

Dear Y/N,

Thats great news that you're friends again! And I cant believe you made Snape laugh. At himself! I cant wait to see what it looks like. My break has been going well. I have spent a lot of time in the garden with my mother. I won't be able to write to you as much because my father is hosting a party of sorts. I hope you have a great Christmas!

-Draco

I smiled at the letter and decided to start wrapping gifts. First, I had to make Seamus's bracelet. I quickly made it and decided that it looked cute.

 I quickly made it and decided that it looked cute

Here is the bracelet!

I moved on to wrapping the gifts. I put the twins' gifts in a box and wrapped it with a bow. I did the same to a lot of the gifts. It was just easier that way. The ones that I wrapped were Hermione's, Dean's, and Neville's. I wrote a note to everyone saying 'Happy Christmas' and stuff. I then put away all the gifts where they would be hidden and checked the time. I still had five minutes before dinner, but since I had nothing to do, I decided to go there early. I went over to the Great Hall carrying a book. I sat down and started reading, getting lost in the words. I didn't even notice Hermione enter the hall and sit down in front of me. 

Hermione POV

I was in the Library when I checked the time, seeing that it was time for dinner. I walked into the Great Hall and sat in front of Y/N, who was reading a book. She didn't know I had come in. I waved a hand in front of her face but she seemed so into the book she was reading that she didn't notice. I decided to scare her. I pulled out a magical camera and placed it in front of her. it started counting down. 3..2..1. On one I screamed right into her ear.

"AHHHHH" She shrieked and fell out of her chair. I toppled over laughing and gasping for air. I now had a moving photo of me scaring Y/N and her screaming falling.

Y/N POV

"Hermione!"

"I got that on camera! I cant believe it worked!!" She duplicated the moving picture and handed me one. I looked at it and immediately started laughing. She sighed and shook her head. We started eating and separated ways once we left the Great Hall. She went back to the Library and I went to Snape's classroom. I knocked on the door and came in when told to.

"Hey Professor! Can you explain what Occlumency is?" He nodded.

"Occlumency pairs with Legilimency. One uses Legilimency to access one's thoughts to find information that they may need. Occlumency is the opposite. It prevents them from having access to your thoughts., and pushes them out of your mind." He explained.

"But then how did you know that I could do it?"

"I was simply trying to find out if you were lying by going into your mind. I was pushed out of it fairly quickly." He said and I nodded.

"Can you train me to use it better? I didn't exactly use it on purpose." He laughed and nodded.

"First, you need to know the basics. Occlumency comes easier to those who have had a mask and can easily hide emotion. You first have to clear your mind in order to prevent a Legilimens from perceiving one's emotions and thoughts. You will know when someone is using Legilimency on you, because you will feel a tug in your mind." I nodded.

"Now, clear your mind and I will attempt to access your thoughts." I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. *flash* Me and Draco singing in the Astronomy Tower. *flash* Harry shoving me to the floor. *flash* Ron spilling the potion on me. I quickly pushed all those thoughts out of my mind. I opened my eyes and saw Snape looking confused.

"Why did Mr. Potter shove you?" I looked down, suddenly becoming very interested in my shoes.

"Oh, um, its nothing important." I said and frowned. He took this opportunity to use Legilimency again. *flash* Ron acting rude towards me. *flash* Harry and Ron talking. *flash* Them telling Hermione something. *flash* Hermione glaring at me. The flashing stopped. Snape looked at me with a frown. I quickly changed the topic.

"I've come up with a new potion that I want to make! Can I use a cauldron?" I asked and he nodded. This time, instead of me doing it alone, he sat at the desk with me and participated.

"So what do you want to add next?" He asked.

"Uhhhhh. Frog eye with a hole in it." He laughed and nodded.

"Now I wantttt... ginger. I want to smush ginger."

"So if this were to be in potion books, you would tell them to smush it?" I laughed and nodded. We finished the potion.

"What do you want it to do?"

"I want it to make an object come to life." I said as I looked around the room. I took an old book and put a drop of the potion on it. Soon enough, it started flipping pages on its own.

"Go to pageee.. 27!" I told it. It flipped to the correct page, which showed how to make an antidote to common poisons. I turned to Snape, who was wearing a proud smile on his face. We soon bid our goodbyes and I left to the dorms. I sat at my desk and wrote the steps to make that potion. I decided to make my own potion book. 

I took out an empty notebook and started writing. Changing hair color potion is what I started with. Once I finished, I flipped the page and wrote Come to life potion. I laughed at my inability to come up with creative names. I closed the book and noticed Hermione already sleeping. I decided that I should too, and changed my clothes. I climbed into bed and drifted off to sleep.

Hello! Do you have any ideas of what should happen over their break? If you do, let me know and I will gladly put it in the story! I once again, finished writing at 1:30 in the morning. I guess I just don't sleep.

Bye!