Forgiving

Y/N POV

"This was not supposed to happen! You can't be friends with him! You are supposed to miss us!" Ron shouted. That was thinly thing I heard. After he said that, I saw people's lips moving, but I couldn't hear anything. There was only ringing in my ears. Suddenly, everything started getting darker and I saw everything swaying. Or was it me? I soon found out, as I fell to the floor and drifted into unconsciousness, forgetting what had happened.

Time Skip------

I woke up to a bright light and arguing that could be heard in the distance. I wasn't sure of where I was yet. Of course, thats only because as soon as I opened my eyes, I was blinded! Ok, not actually, but it was really bright! So I immediately closed my eyes again.

"Can someone turn off the lights?!" I asked loudly, as I rolled over to pull the bed sheets over my head. I heard a laugh and some footsteps.

"We cant turn off the lights. We're in the Hospital Wing!" Said a voice that I recognized as Draco's.

"Oh." Then Madam Pomfrey rushed in.

"I told you that you could faint! I told you that it would be too much! I told you tha-"

"Stooooooooooooooopp! I just woke up and my head realllyyyy hurts!" I interrupted. She just laughed and got me some medicine. When I looked at it with a face of disgust, she sighed and tried to reason with me to drink it.

"But it smells weird!"

"Y/N, you have to. Just get it over with." Then Draco interrupted.

"Y/N, come on. We are going to miss breakfast!"

"Food? Give me five minutes to go change and I'll see you in the Great Hall." And with that, I chugged the medicine and ran to my dorm to shower and change.

When I got there, Draco waved towards me, laughing at my messy appearance, motioning for me to sit down. I hesitantly walked to the table and sat beside him, letting him fix my tie while Pansy, who I've become closer to, fix my hair.

"So Y/N, are you packed for break or are you staying?" He asked after he finished making me look decent.

"There is no way I'm going back for break. I'd rather be here."

"Why don't you want to go back?" Pansy asked. I had forgotten that they didn't know about how the Dursleys treated us. I wasn't planning on telling them anytime soon.

"No reason.. just enjoy being at Hogwarts!" I partially lied. She nodded and continued to eat. After everyone was done, we got up and I said my goodbyes to my friends before they left. Then I headed to the Gryffindor common room.

I got out one of my favorite muggle books called F/B (favorite book). I got comfortable on the couch and started reading. Only a while later did I notice Hermione watching me. (Just pretend that she didn't leave for break).

"What are you staring at me for?"

"I really need to ask.. did you really do those things? I've noticed that you seem to not know what we're mad at you for."

"Thats 'cause I don't. I have no idea what I did, but Ron told you guys something and you didn't even ask for my side of the story. What did I, apparently, do?"

"You called me a Mudblood behind my back and started saying bad stuff about me. You also gave Ron that black eye. You know, the day before Ron told me this." I was shocked, and confused, at what I heard.

"Ok, one, I never said anything about you behind your back. I would never. Two, Ron got that black eye from tripping down the stairs because he never ties his shoes. Three, whats a Mudblood?"

"Wait, you never did that stuff? Ron told both me and Harry all of that!" She said, completely ignoring my question.

"Well he obviously lied. I don't know why, but he did." She looked shocked, betrayed, and upset. She rushed up to me and gave me a quick hug before sitting down, her eyes glazed with tears.

"Merlin, Y/N, I am soooo so so so so so sorry! Im sorry for not being there and not hearing your side of the story and for believing Ron and for-"

"Hermione its ok! I forgive you. I completely understand, because we just met this year and you wouldn't know if I would do those types of things. But what hurts the most, other than the fact that Ron lied about something like that, is that my own brother turned against me!" By then I had tears streaming down my face. I continued.

"I cant believe that he would believe those lies about me. He knew me well enough to know that those things weren't true, but yet, he just forgot about how I really am. I completely forgive you. I just don't think I can forgive Harry." Neither one of us knew what to say. I decided to lighten the mood.

"Lets start over. Like an official meeting, as if we just met." I stuck out my hand. "Hello, I'm Y/N Potter!" We both giggled and she shook my hand.

"I'm Hermione Granger! Pleasure to meet you." We then talked about everything. We shared our interests, hobbies, facts about ourselves. I learned that we live really close by each other in the muggle world. She learned that I could hold my breath for a very long time. I sighed as I decided to tell her the truth about my life at home. I could trust her, even though she turned against me. But that was because of lies Ron said. I knew I could tell her this, I had to go with my gut on this one.

"Hermione? Did Harry ever tell you what it was like at the Dursleys?" Her face went from a smile to a frown really fast.

"Well he told me that you both got abused and that they were lazy people who made you two do everything." Thats good. Now I just need to tell her the rest.

"Well did he ever tell you about.. the punishments?"

"He never said what they did to you. He did say that he was their personal punching bag and that was about it." A sad look was still visible on her face.

"Well they did the same to me.. just, a few more. With Petunia, she would often get mad at me. She punished me for everything that I did wrong. Once, I was taking "too long" to pull the weeds from her garden, and she kicked me in the side. That was a punishment I would be willing to take for everything, because it wasn't that bad." She motioned for me to go on.

"A couple times, I forgot to clean the dishes or cook a certain thing or something stupid like that. She would turn on the stove and would hold my hand against it until she was worried that the neighbors would hear my screams. I would be left with burn marks for days. Dudley would beat me up all the time with his friends. But.. Vernon. He did the worse. He had a whip. He left me with a lot scars.." She had a few tears in her eyes, as well as I, but she managed to speak.

"Im so sorry that happens to you.. its not right for them to do all that to you. D-do you mind if you showed me the scars?" I sighed and stood up. I pulled off my shirt to reveal huge scars on my body. There was one on my side and another only chest. I turned around to show her the multiple scars on my back. She gasped at the sight.

"Can we change the topic?" I asked. She nodded.

"How are we going to confront Ron?" She asked.

"Well maybe you go up to him and give him a chance to admit it or something. Like, let him know that you know. And also let him know that you know that he knows that you know, you know? And make sure to do it with Harry around too. If he doesn't confess, confront him. If he does, shame him for me." I said and she laughed.

"Sounds like a plan!"

I went to bed feeling so happy that I could explode! I knew that when I woke up, my life would be back to the way it was. Of course, officially introducing 'Mione and Draco will happen later on, so I can hang out with both of them. Tomorrow was going to be a good day...

I seriously finished writing this at 2:30 in the morning! I procrastinated a lot and left it to be done later, and I convinced myself that I would have enough time to sleep...

I regret nothing!!!!! Good morning I guess?

Bye!!