Life After Marriage Book 3

By intellectual212

August and Amber newly married learn to navigate the tricky waters of married life. Trilogy to If That's Wha... More

Interruptions Part 1
Interruptions Part 2
House Guest Part 1
House Guest Part 2
Spoiled Spouses
The Perils of Being An Older Wife Part 1
Perils of Being An Older Wife Part 2
Puppy Love
Inappropriate Outfits/The Cake Thief
Whose Your Daddy Part 1
Not Again Part 1
NOT AGAIN PART 2
Making Breakfast
Alternative Plans 1
Alternative Plans Part 2
IT'S BECOMING CLEARER PART 1
It's Becoming Clearer Part 2
Hard Decisions Part 1
Hard Decisions Part 2
Missed Ship Part 1
Missed Ship Part 2
Leaving
Author's Note: Writer's Advice
When Papa's Away Part 1
Change of Heart
You Deserve
The Right One
Be Free
Drowned Memories
Author's Note: There Are Other Books Before This
Working It Out
New Car
Fight
Chest Pain
Back
Building Trust
Good Place
When in Canada Do as the Canadians Do
Sacred Ground
A/N- For those offended
The Results
R& B's New Bad Boy
Early Morning Convo
One More Author's Note
Reunited Part 1
Slippery Slope
Hypocrite
Hypocrite Repost
Thank you Sata
Make Ups
Receiving What You've Given
My Shootaz
My shootaz repost
Two Valentines Part 1
Smile Through It
I'll Take The Lizard
Celebrity Life
Bro Drama
Bro Drama Part 2
You Dont love me ?
I love my life
He's a man
Trusting Again
My Gift
Career Day Part 1
Career Day Part 2
Repost Career Day Part 2
First Day
Back to Work
Special Chapter: Still Hurts
Visiting Mommy
Chance to Save
Let It Go
Further Investigation Part 1
Further Investigation Part 2
Author's Note- Direction Of Story
Baby Eater
Story is ending soon
Prom Night Threats
Father's Day Shopping With Bobby
Father's Day
Doing Our Part
Aug's hip-hop video
Gone
Man Stuff
I'll Handle It
Achilles Heel
Safe House
God Protect My Wife
My Other Grandma Part 1
My other grandma part 2
Regrets
Prayer Virgil For Amber And Amiri
Encouragment For Writers- Troll Readers Who Demand Updates
All I Got
Death Wish
God Protect My Wife Important Repost
Colorblind
Setting An Example
My Other Prince
I promise
Doesn't he remind you of Auggie!!!
Baby For Sale
A Glance Into The Future Pt. 1 - Stopping My Shine
A Glance Into The Future Pt. 2- Favorite So.
Authors Note - Ending of Life After Marriage
Comment your confusion
Back To The Past: King For A Day
Back to the Future - Career Goals
Final chapter / thank yous
Final Chapter - Au-Revoir
August Alsina Song Cry and this Book

Whose Your Daddy Part 2

49.6K 2K 786
By intellectual212

**** So I want to thank you guys from the bottom of my heart. For the past couple of days this story has fluctuated from being #10 to 12 to #11 today in the Romance category under hot stories. OMG you guys are the absloute best. I try so hard to create a good story for you guys and I sincerely appericate all the reads, votes and comments. I love you! I love you! I love you! I love you!

And if you're late check out Kevin Gates feat Aug - I don't get tired video. 

Also I want to thank Ambur151 for the new If that's what it takes cover! Thank you mama!

Sevyn in the m/m. 

Love you a million times over, 

-Destiny 

AMBER P.O.V. –

“Is it possible that I can meet with Alderman Streeter?” I looked at the young woman behind the desk. She was probably in her early twenties. More than likely an intern.

“Do you have an appointment?” She said popping her gum, not taking her eyes off her cellphone. Her legs were propped up on the desk.

“No, but I was hoping she could fit me in. It won’t be that long.”

“No appointment. No meeting.” She popped her gum, still rudely scrolling through her phone.

 I wanted to reach across the desk and knock some sense into her young head. First off as a public servant, which Sevyn most certainly was as a politician now, she should have known to have people on her staff who dealt with the public in a respectable manner. People don’t have to vote you in office, they choose to.

“Excuse me young lady. I am an older mentor of Sevyns.”

“Aww how sweet. How about you leave your number and I’ll have her get back to you?” She slid a pen and pad my way, then went right back to her phone.

I took a deep breath, smiled and walked my black ass right back to Sevyn’s office.

I knocked on the door.

“You can’t be back here.” The young girl ran after me.

“Candice I told you—“ Sevyn opened the door and stopped speaking when she saw it was me.

“Hi Amber.” She gave me a huge fake smile. Then looked at the young lady.

“Candice I told you I was booked. No appointments. No meetings.” She said with a smile through gritted teeth.

“I told her she completely ignored me.”

“If you want this internship, you’ll listen next time won’t you?”

“Yes Alderman Streeter.” The girl hung her head.

“You’re dismissed.” Sevyn said smugly.

She scurried off back to her desk.

“Listen Amber I would love to chat, but my schedule is completely booked. Make an appointment with my intern and she’ll set up a date okay?” She smiled trying to close the door, I caught it.

“We’re going to talk now.” I returned the fake smile.

Her nostrils flared with anger, and then she let it dissipate as she allowed her arm to lead the way for me to enter her office. I’m pretty sure she rolled her eyes and she closed the door.

I sat down in one of the chairs in front of her desk. She sat behind her desk with her hands folded.

“How may I help you Amber?”

“Your niece Lisa.”

“Oh yes what about her?” She gave a fake smile.

“She’s been taunting my daughter.”

“Oh my. About what?” She played stupid.

“Sevyn I’m not about to do this with you.”

“Do what?” She continued in the dumb blonde role.

“This fakeness. You know why I’m here. Your niece has been going around taunting my daughter about August not being her father.”

She laughed. “That’s ridiculous.”

“You know what Sevyn I was nothing but kind to you. I gave you a job because I really believed in you. Not only were you smart, there was such a passion and genuine spirit that I saw, and I said hey, we need more people like her in politics because it’s not enough of them.

I loved and treated you like a younger sister. And even after I found out you lied about what went on with you and August, I let you live. I let it be. I didn’t search after you. I didn’t chase you down.

Didn’t call to cuss you out, even though deep down I wanted to because I understood from your perspective. I know what it feels like to be rejected. I know what it feels like to put every single part of yourself into being a good woman and dealing with men who don’t even meet you half way. Hell, not even a quarter of the way.

You give and they take. You love and they fuck you over with their lies and excuses. I know that all too well Sevyn.

So I put my feelings aside because I know that August was wrong in how he dealt with you. He should’ve been upfront. He should’ve been honest and he shouldn’t have led you on.

And I know from men we never get an apology for that sorta thing, so on behalf of him to you I’m sorry. But whatever you feel toward him, don’t involve my child. I’ve dealt with you civil this time. Next time around I won’t be so nice.”

I got up to leave.

“Amber.” Sevyn stood up.

I turned around.

“I’m sorry. I was talking to her mother, my sister-in-law about it when I found out they went to the same school. I didn’t’ realize she heard us. I’ll talk to her about it.”

“Good.” I said as I was about to walk off.

“Amb.” She called out once more.

“Thank you for that.” She twiddled with her hands then looked at me. “I know I should’ve let it go, but it’s hard ya know. Heartbreak is hard. I really shouldn’t be telling you this, but I really did love him. And I didn’t get just why?”

“When you stop spending time wondering why over someone who doesn’t deserve you. The one that does will show up. I had to learn that.”

“You haven’t changed I see.” She gave a slight smile. “You were always so kind.”

“You were kind at one time to. Don’t change. You’re in a position of power now. Use it for good.”

She shook her head yes and wiped the tears from her eyes. I

“I’m proud of you.” I gave her a slight smile, then left out.

AUGUST P.O.V. –

“Can I come in?” I knocked on Sata’s bedroom door that was open. She was coloring in a coloring book on her bed.

“Of course.” She giggled.

I sat on the edge of her bed.

“This for Oceans 11. I mean Octavian.”

“Noooooooo. And stop messing up his name.”

I laughed.

“So what’s up?” She sat Indian style on the bed.

“Uh…I wanted to talk to you. Look at this.” It was a picture of her and Nate when she was a baby.

“Who is this man holding me?”

“That’s your other father.”

“My other father.” She looked at me confused. “You gay?”

I bursted into laughter.

“No. Mommy was married to him. So that makes him your step-father.”

“My step-father? She was married before you?”

“Yeah.”

“Where were you?”

“Daddy had to umm…umm…” I tried to compose myself. I took a deep breath.

“I had to work on myself so I could be the best man I could be for you, Mommy and Auggie.”

“What happened to him?”

“He died. But he loved you and he took good care of you and mommy while I was away.”

“I’m glad you came back.” She sat in my lap.

“Really?” I smiled.

“Mm-hmm. You’re the best daddy in the world.”

“So now I’m a great daddy. Didn’t you tell me the other day you wanted to live with Uncle Boobie?”

“Ahh daddy, I didn’t mean it. I was mad. You say things you don’t mean when you’re mad. Like I told Octavian I wanted to breakup cause he made me mad, but I didn’t mean it.”

“Will you ever stop talking about Octavian?”

“Unh-unh.” She shook her head no grinning. “Daddy?”

“Huh?”

“Can you be Octavian daddy? He was sad because his daddy left. But I told him don’t be sad. When we get married you’ll be his daddy too.”

“So you loaning out your daddy to everybody?”

“No. Just Octavian. I don’t like to see him sad.”

“I’ll talk to your mother about it. Maybe he can come to the zoo with us this weekend.”

 “Really?” She hopped up on her bed.

“Yeah, sit down.” I laughed at her excitement.

“You’re the best daddy ever.” She gave me a huge tight hug and I fell back on the bed in laughter.

What did I just do?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.3K 2K 33
Aliyah and August kids are almost grown and living life but there life is as fantastic as you think there is some struggles with love,friendship,pare...
1.3M 34.4K 56
I'm picking up the book where it left off. You seen how happy they are. Let's see what happens going down this road with August & Mariah All Rights R...
5.6M 169K 81
After almost failing out of Dental School, August returns to Atlanta willing to do whatever it takes to make things right with the only person who c...
140K 6K 32
Who would have known that the *little girl* next door would be able to take august heart But the struggle become real and it becomes HARD TO LOVE wi...