Taming His Stallion [BWWM]

By Stars-vs-Chocolates

Paege is a young woman known for understanding animals. Or more specifically, horses. She is hired by the bea... More

Taming His Stallion
1_Dream Trainer
2_The Garden of Florettes Bed n' Breakfast Inn
3_That ... was HER?
4_That Arrogant New Boss Of Mine
5_Stable Girl
6_The Apology
7_Angel
9_His Demeanor
10_Grasp
11_Captor
12_A Night To Remember
13_Relieve
14_Bonding Time
15_Silence
16_Clarity
17_Sweet Olives
A/N - 2021
18_Blissful Adventure
19_Unreasonable
20_Tolerance
21_Games
22_Regal
23_Together
24_Mr. Andrews
25_Wrecked
26_Acquaintance
27_Solace
28_Devastated
29_Little Tremors
30_Detention
31_Gravitation
32_Bare Minimum
33_Affinity
34_Enough
35_Harmony
36_Undeniable
37_Auction
38_Tempers
39_Friends
40_Mates
41_Gone
42_Breadcrumbs
43_Tightrope
44_Hopeless
45_Stay
46_Reflection
47_Aftermath

8_Homemade

13.1K 730 39
By Stars-vs-Chocolates

Danny

It was rude of me to call her naive, especially when she was specialized in her field. 

I knew, but that did nothing to stop me from saying the first thing that came to mind.

What else could I say? 

From what A.J described, Paege could have gotten badly injured and I would never want to see that happen.

What's it to me anyway? 

It's not like she was my sister, mother or related to me in any way.

I was torn

Torn between asking myself why I'd come to care for her so quickly, and wanting to deepen our relationship.

I know that had to sound like some kind of crazy person. 

Considering, she could handle a gun, she could shoot me at any time.

A few meagre weeks ago, Paege first came to the ranch. 

She was the new stable girl, and she drew attention to her like bees to honey.

Partially because she was a fresh face to the town, but mostly because she was a sight to behold.

On numerous occasions, I'd caught my farmhands flirting with her, or even undressing her with their eyes which served to get me riled up.

As far as I was concerned, that Paege Masters was mine

Ever since we shared that heated moment in the stables.

Any that dared question that would have a rude awakening. 

It was as though Paege took the reins of my mind and lured me in. 

Doubtedly, she would be able to hold her own against me.

Paege could barely perform her daily tasks because of the limitations of wearing a sling. 

However, that did nothing to deter her from visiting Angel every chance she got.

She would quietly stand at the ringed-fence by day or in his stall by night, simply talking to him. 

Sometimes, I wondered what she could possibly be saying to a horse.

Lately, I noticed that she had been avoiding me also. 

Our conversations had been deduced to mere pleasantries and work-related matters.

Nothing personal, and it irked me that I couldn't get anything out of her other than a yes, a no, a hi, a bye, good morning, evening or night.

Paege had no problem talking to Bell. 

In fact, the two had become inseparable. 

Wherever Bell went outside of the Ranch, you could find Paege and vice versa.

They quickly became the best of friends. 

Come to think of it, they were more like sisters. 

Bell was the rebel, while Paege took on a more reserved role.

My sister and Paege would be having a word, often bursting into laughter. 

If I were to interrupt the two, humour would suddenly die and it would be incredibly awkward.

Sometimes, I just shrugged it off. 

Other times, I found myself in a foul mood. 

Jealousy was not one of my better suits. 

I rarely, if ever, got emotional. 

However, lately, the tide had turned and it occurred more often than, I would like.

The way my farmhands behaved around Paege was another story entirely. 

I found it infuriating the way they looked at her, even talked to her.

I might be pissed but the only one to blame in this scenario was myself

I had effectively made her feel less than and undesired.

It was partially because she was so refreshing, so innocent and so darn appealing, to say the least.

They found her attractive. 

I knew they did. 

What man wouldn't?

She was quite a beauty, rare and unlike any woman I'd ever met.

She was smart and sophisticated, an impressive combination if I do say so myself. 

She was also very witty and knew her place in the world. 

That in and of itself I found very sexy.

-----

Late in the evening, I arrived home. 

After such a long day I was completely spent. 

I hopped out of the Ranger before heading up the porch steps and inside. 

Upon entry, a heavenly aroma of caught my attention. 

My parents weren't back for another week, so I was confused.

Bell didn't do much of any cooking and she wouldn't go near a stove if it were covered in chocolate chip cookies, or her life depended on it. 

She was out of the question.

I moved into the kitchen, to investigate, only to be met a peculiar scene.

Paege stood behind the stove, cooking. I didn't know she could.

Bell appeared with a handful of ingredients, pausing at the sight of me.

"Hey Bell, can you also bring me some potatoes," Paege called over her shoulder. "Bell?"

When she didn't respond, Paege turned to spot Bell before her gaze settled on me. 

All movement in the kitchen seized and in its place was awkward tension and silence.

My gaze drifted to her left hand where the sling had been.

Why was she slaving over a pot if she was recovering from her injury?

"Bell, could you pass me the cooking cream please?" After giving me a once over, Paege resumed her tasks. 

Not sparing me another glance.

"What?" Bell mouthed before carrying the items to the counter.

I was beyond curious so I stuck around, looking on as they worked in tandem.  

Not a second passed when Paege turned to meet my gaze. 

It was quite clear that we had unspoken words. 

She turned away, refocusing her attention on the meal before I left the room.

I decided to go freshen up which helped to relieve some of the tension in my body. 

After I towelled off and I laid down on my bed to catch myself a little.

"Mr. Andrews?" came that sweet voice. 

I already knew who it was. 

The woman who had invaded my thoughts from the moment we met. "Mr. Andrews?"

My eyes sprung open, as someone began prodding around in the darkness that cloaked my bedroom.

I was in shock at our proximity. 

The voice was calm and feminine. 

Oh damn. 

My memories came flooding back. 

I was still wrapped in my towel.

The prodding stopped a bit before the light came on to reveal Paege with a plate of food wrapped in cling. 

Her eyes widened in shock, and not a moment later, the dish came crashing to the wooden floors.

The sickening sound of breaking glass reached my ear before I sprang off the bed to my feet.

"Shoot!" I exclaimed, knowing that this situation was sure to cause more tension to our already strained relationship.

"I'm sorry," She shielded her eyes, stooping to retrieve the shards of broken glass. 

She was about to when I caught her hand.

Electricity shot through my fingers, as hairs stood at the nape of my neck. 

Her skin was so soft.

"Damn," I surveyed the mess on the floor before looking up at her.

"I'll go get the hand-broom," At her words, I felt the muffled vibrations through our hands, as a result of being in close contact.

A few moments had gone but she was in the same position. 

I wondered why. 

Did she feel something? 

As if to answer my question her gaze fell and mine followed to see that I had yet to release her. 

Upon relinquishing my hold on her, Paege stood, gathering the tools.

Gosh, why had I been such an idiot?

Another thing to add to the stack of tension building between us.

○○○ Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE.○○

-----

Hey guys,

Sorry for the late update. I have been a tad busy lately. Anyway enough about me.

What do you think of this chapter?

Sorry if it was a little flat. I was falling asleep, kind of, while writing this chapter.

Still please, I would appreciate your comments and votes. Please share Taming His Stallion with your friends I'd greatly appreciate that as well.

Is the story turning out to be the way you'd like? If so, please comment in the comment bar below. If it didn't, still comment and tell me what you'd hoped it would be like.

Thank you for reading Taming His Stallion.

Love you guys,

~Ang~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.4K 1.3K 44
**Book 2 in the Coda Paxton Series** From the very moment I met Oakley Meisner, I knew my life was going to change, big time. As if my world wasn't m...
303K 18.8K 64
NOTE: THIS IS A SEQUEL TO EYES ON US STORY! PLEASE READ BOOK ONE FIRST BEFORE READING THIS ONE. STORY ARE FOR MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
2.8K 230 27
After the 24-year-old, content creator and influencer Muna Amadi was betrayed by her boyfriend and bestfriend, she decided to move to New York for a...
86.8K 1.9K 27
Amy is an ordinary rodeo girl. She is a professional Barrel Racer that only cares about the rodeo, friends an family . She doesn't really like many b...