The Boy With The Straw Hat (L...

By kumiakari

You live in Foosha Village, or Luffy's hometown. Growing up, you constantly heard about the daring boy who wa... More

Prologue/Introduction
Chapter 1: 10 Years later! At the Baratie Sea Restaurant!
Chapter 2: Ero Cook! Meet Sanji!
Chapter 3: The Strongest Pirate Fleet! Commodore Don Krieg!
Chapter 4: The New Straw Hat Pirates Member!
Chapter 5: Water Bearer Y/n! "Water Lady!"
Chapter 6: I Won't Die! Fierce Battle, Luffy and Y/n vs. Krieg!
Chapter 7: Set Sail! The Seafaring Cook and Water Bearer Set off With Luffy!
Chapter 8: Witch of Cocoyashi Village! Arlong's Female Leader!
Chapter 9: Usopp Dead?! When is Luffy Going to Make Landfall?!
Chapter 10: Luffy in Big Trouble! Fishmen vs The Luffy Pirates!
Chapter 11: Bounty! Straw Hat Luffy Becomes Known To The World!
Chapter 12: The Three Sword Style's Past!
Christmas Special
Chapter 13: The Legend Has Started! Head For The Grand Line!
Chapter 14: Precursor to a New Adventure! Apis, a Mysterious Girl!
Chapter 15: Miraculous Creature! Apis' Secret and the Legendary Island!
Chapter 16: Eric Attacks! Great Escape from Warship Island!
Ask The Straw Hats!!
Chapter 17: A Solitary Island in the Distant Sea! The Legendary Lost Island!
Chapter 18: Luffy, Completely Surrounded! Commodore Nelson's Secret Strategy!
Chapter 19: An Angry Showdown! Cross The Red Line!
Chapter 20: A Promise Between Men! Luffy and The Whale Vow To Meet Again!
Chapter 21: A Town That Welcomes Pirates? Setting Foot On Whiskey Peak!
Chapter 22: Three Sword and Twin Sword Style! Zoro and Y/n vs Baroque Works!
Chapter 23: All Out Battle! Luffy vs. Y/n!
Ask The Straw Hats!! Part 2
Chapter 24: Deliver Princess Vivi! The Luffy Pirates Set Sail!
The Good News and the Bad News
Chapter 25: An Ancient Island! The Shadow Hiding In Little Garden!!
Chapter 26: Huge Duel! The Giants Dorry and Broggy!
Chapter 27: Mist, A What?! A Dirty Trick Violates The Sacred Duel!
Chapter 28: The Human Mist!Devilish Candle! Tears of Regret and Tears of Anger!
Chapter 29: A Hex On Luffy and Y/n! Colors Trap!
Chapter 30: Time to Fight Back! Usopp's Quick Thinking and Fire Star!
Chapter 31: Farewell Little Garden! Nami's Sick?!
Chapter 32: The Tin Tyrant Wapol! Water Bearer and the Cold!
Chapter 34: Climb The Drum Rockies!!
Chapter 35: Blue-Nosed Reindeer! Chopper's Secret!
Chapter 36: Fight Wapol's Crew! The Power of the Munch Munch Fruit!
Chapter 37: The End of the Drum Kingdom!
Chapter 38: Hiriluk's Cherry Blossoms! Miracle in Drum Rockies!
Chapter 39: Goodbye Drum Island! Alabasta's Hero!
380+ Hearts Special: Straw Hats Meet Bnha! (Ask the Straw Hats Pt. 3)
Chapter 40: Off To The Desert Kingdom! Port Town Nanohana!
Chapter 41: The Heroes Reunion! His Name is Fire Fist Ace!
Chapter 42: Ace and Luffy: Brotherly Bonds!!
Chapter 43: A Date With Mist?! The Mysterious Feeling Returns!
Chapter 44: Confessions! Luffy and Y/n's First Fight...?
Chapter 45: Erumalu, the City of Green and the Kung Fu Dugongs!

Chapter 33: Avalanche! The Journey Up The Mountain!

1.7K 72 34
By kumiakari

Recap:

"You bastard..!" Sanji goes to attack the man, but Vivi runs in front of him, trying to hold the male back. "No, Sanji!"

However, the gun was fired again, and this time, hit Vivi as she collapsed on the deck. "VIVI!" everyone shouts.

Luffy looked at his friend in worry, before facing the people, "You bastards! How dare you!" Luffy went to attack the group, before Vivi threw herself on the male. "Stop it Luffy! I'm fine! The bullet just grazed my arm!!"

You tense, getting ready to fight if necessary. "Water Bearer-san! Luffy! This isn't a problem you can solve with fighting! I beg of you!" she turns to the people, before bowing. "We won't set foot on your island! Just send a doctor please! Our friend has a terrible illness and is in pain!"

"Vivi...." Luffy says in shock looking down at the bluenette. "You're failing as this ship's captain, Luffy. Reckless fighting won't solve anything. What would happen to Nami if you started a fight right now?"

Luffy's gaze fell onto the blood dripping from Vivi's arm. "Sorry! I was wrong! We only ask for a doctor! Please save our friend!" and Luffy bows as well, leaving the people of the island speechless. Finally, the man who appeared to be the leader, breaks the silence. "We'll take you to our town."

You let out a sigh of relief. "You're amazing Vivi-san..." you say with a smile. "I must warn you," the male speaks up. "We only have one doctor, and she's a witch."

".....Huh?"

Everyone loads off of the ship, excluding Mist, Zoro and Karoo who stay back to watch the ship. Nami was carried on Sanji's back, while the rest of you were bundled up from the cold, "This is a nameless country."

"Eh? How is that possible?" Vivi asks in surprise until Usopp screams, "AAH! A BEAR! EVERYONE PLAY DEAD!!" and sure enough there was a large white furred bear, walking with a cane in hand. "It's just a hiking bear," the man explains. "It's no danger, just remember your hiking manners and bow."

You all do this, except for Usopp who was playing dead in the snow. As you continue up the snowy mountain, most of the people who had been so hostile to you all before were now heading back, trusting the man. You shiver, feeling your body getting goosebumps all over.

Luffy gasps, "Look Y/n! Another hiking bear!"

"Huh?"

You look up and see it's just a very large woman with black frizzy hair, carrying a basket of fruit, Luffy and Usopp bowing to her as she walks by. You deadpan, unsure whether it was appropriate to laugh at their stupidity right now. The town, itself, has many animals roaming around with the people.

Most of the houses were covered in snow and were small wood made huts, that looked just barely enough to keep the people who lived inside of them warm. You let out a frosty breath, as you enter a slightly larger house, where it was much warmer.

"My apologies for the late introduction. My name is Dalton," he begins, taking off the heavy winter coat and hat. "I guard the island, so please excuse our hostile welcome. But, I do have one question," he faces Vivi. "Have I seen you from somewhere?"

Vivi chuckles nervously, shaking her head. "O-oh no! I'm sure it's nothing, but, can you please tell us more about your island's doctor?"

"Psst....Y/n..." you look and see it's Luffy, who tugs on your sleeve, "Come outside and play with me and Usopp!" he grins. You nod, following the male out with a smile, seeing them build snowmen.

"Oi oi Y/n what do you think's better?" Usopp asks, pointing to Usopp's snowzilla and Luffy's snowman. "Look at my Mr. Hyper-Snowman!" Luffy chants, followed by Usopp who jumps in the air with the rubber boy and high fives him. "And my Snowzilla!"

"I'M GOING TO KICK YOUR ASSES!" Sanji hisses, trying to look through the window at the mountains now blocked by the large snow creatures.

"Sorry Sanji-san!" you say, shivering slightly. Sanji instantly calms down at this, "It's alright my ocean princess~!" he says, with a much kinder tone and making Usopp sweat drop. "Come inside!"

And so, the three of you head back in, you still shivering as you bring your knees up to your chest in an attempt to preserve your body warmth. Luffy frowns, making a slight pouty face at this. "Here ya go Y/n!"

And before you could even ask, Luffy was hugging you from behind, stretching his rubber arms around your waist and pulling you into his chest. Though he appeared quite lean, Luffy was actually quite warm.

You let out a sigh of comfort, snuggling closer. "Thanks Captain," you say with a closed eye smile. Dalton clears his throat, unsure what to make of this sight and continues to explain. "The only doctor in this kingdom, Dr. Kureha, lives in that castle at the very top."

"What?!" Sanji exclaims looking at the tall and distant mountain. "Damn it...! Of all places she had to be! We'd better get in contact with her quickly!"

"Unfortunately, we have no way of contacting her." Dalton replies, irritating Sanji. "What kind of doctor is she if we can't even contact her?!" Dalton leans against the wall, arms crossed over his chest. "Still, her medical skills are undeniable. And she's old, just about hitting 140."

At this Sanji visibly cringes, the image of a very old hag in his mind. "Then what do the people do when they're injured?" Vivi exclaims in shock.

"Well, she comes down from the mountain and treats anyone that needs to be. Then she takes whatever she wants from the patient's household as payment."

"That mean old hag!" Luffy huffs, sipping his hot cocoa. "She's just like a pirate!" Usopp says, slurping his hot cocoa. You sweat drop, looking up at the male. "You're a pirate."

"How does she get down the mountain...?" Vivi mutters.

"According to some of the villagers, she rides down a sleigh when the moon is out. That is why people call her a witch." Dalton explains, making you shudder as you could practically hear the witch-like cackles. Some have claimed to see a monster-like creature with her-"

"NOOO! I KNEW THIS ISLAND WOULD HAVE MONSTERS!!" Usopp throws his arms in the air and screams, playing dead on instinct.

"I'm sorry. She is a good doctor, but not the best person." he looks back to Vivi. "The only thing you can do at this point is wait for her to come down the mountain."

Sanji tched in irritation, "Damn...What kind of kingdom only has one doctor in the entire country?" he grumbles while lighting a cigarette. Luffy suddenly gets up, making you frown but stand anyways. "Oi Nami. Wake up." Luffy says, lightly slapping the girl's face.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" Sanji, Usopp and Vivi scream in unison, baring their teeth at Luffy in irritation. Nami groans weakly, slowly opening her eyes as she looks up at the male. "Good, you're up! Listen, we can't go to a doctor unless we go up a mountain, so we're gonna hike."

"Are you crazy?! Just what the hell do you think that's gonna do to Nami-swan?!" Sanji shouts in protest.

"I'll carry her." Luffy shrugs, only irritating Vivi. "You'll worsen her condition!" Vivi points out the window at the mountain. "It's way too high for anybody to climb up! You may be able to climb up the mountain but Nami can't!"

"Well, if she falls, there'll be nice snow..."

"Any normal person would die from a fall like that!!"

Nami watches this bickering go on, and can't help but let out a weak laugh, catching yours and everyone else's attention. "Nami..."

'I really have to get better soon....' Nami thought to herself before raising her hand up, "I'll leave it to you then, Luffy." Nami says, making Luffy grin as he gives the female a high five.

"Great! Leave it to me!"

"Aahh!! Our navigator is as crazy as our captain!!" Usopp cries. You chuckle, looking over to Sanji who sighs, seeing there was no stopping them now. "I'm coming as well!" he says.

"Luffy, I'm coming too then!" you say with a grin, despite the fact you were shivering. Luffy pauses for a moment, before nodding. "Yeah!" he says making Sanji and Usopp smack him in the back of the head.

"You idiot! Y/n's shivering in place because she's so cold! What's your solution for that?!" Usopp hisses. Luffy pauses once again before grinning. "Sanji, carry Nami please." he says before grabbing you and tossing you onto his back. You let out a small yelp, wrapping your arms around his on instinct.

"Like this!" he says laughing only to stop when you smack him.

"Dummy! How am I supposed to help you guys if you're carrying me?!" you exclaim in irritation. You huff climbing off his back, ignoring how Luffy was wincing at the three lumps on his head now.

Once outside, Vivi ties Nami securely to Luffy's back, with Nami's arms around his neck and a thick winter jacket on her. Dalton steps outside, "If you're serious about this, I won't stop you. But at least climb up from the other side. The route to the top from here is full of lapins."

You tilt your head slightly, confused at the new word. Dalton continues, "They're extremely vicious and violent carnivorous rabbits. If you come across a pack, there is no way you will escape alive!"

You look to the two. "I'm sure it'll be fine." you say with a shrug, zipping up your second jacket. Luffy nods, "Yeah we're in a hurry."

Sanji shrugs, "I can kick down any that come in our way."

"Then lets go Sanji, Y/n!!" Luffy says before breaking into a sprint, "To save Nami before she dies!"

"Oi oi don't say that!" you and Sanji shout in unison, running behind the male.

As you continued up the mountain, the wind became stronger, and the snow was much more thick on the ground below. "Man it's cold..." Sanji mutters before noticing Luffy's outfit. "Jeez....Just seeing you wear sandals in this weather is making me cold!"

"C-come on! I-I-It's n-not t-t-that b-b-bad!"

Sanji turns and sees you shivering, your cheeks painted a light blush. "Oh my ocean princess~! I shouldn't have let you come on this journey!" he cries, "Luffy you idiot! Y/n-chan would be able to make it!!"

"Hm?" Luffy faces you, blinking a few times before seeing how cold you were. "Ah! Y/n! Are you dying?! Go back!" he says pointing in a random direction.

"I can't go back!" you hiss, shivering once again as the wind blew by. "I'll be fine!" you say, walking a bit faster than the two in an attempt to hush their worrying. "Don't worry! I'll carry you Y/n!"

Once again, Luffy scoops you up into his arms, and without another thought the two continue walking. You groan in annoyance before hearing a growling not that far from the three of you. Your eyes widen when you see a small white rabbit, baring it's teeth at you.

"Hey did you know people in snowy countries don't sleep?" Luffy says to Sanji who raises an eyebrow. "And why is that?" he asks effortlessly hopping over the rabbit as though it wasn't there.

"Because they'll die if they do." Luffy says, breaking into a light jog now.

"Huh?! That's the stupidest thing I've every heard!"

"But it's true!" Luffy exclaims, the two of them now running, and you watching the rabbit closely. It almost bites Luffy's ankle but he manages to jump just in time, unaware of the small vicious creature. "Um you guys..."

"If that's the case then why did Dalton have a bed in his room?" Sanji asks Luffy who gasps in realization. "Oh! I see! That must be in preparation for when he dies!" he concludes.

"That makes no sense!"

You watch as the rabbit rips the top of a tree off the trunk with it's teeth, watching as the tree was just about to fall on the four of you. You gasp, pulling out your blade and slicing the tree in half, Sanji and Luffy still not noticing the rabbit.

Sanji merely continues the conversation casually stepping over the tree trunks. "Did you know that the women of this country have beautiful and smooth skin?" he says.

"Why's that?" Luffy asks, making sure that he has a tight grip around you and that Nami wasn't going to fall off of him. "Having smooth white skin is the trademark of women in snowy countries!" Sanji explains, both him and Luffy unconsciously dodging the rabbit as it keeps popping in and out of the snow.

"Why white?"

"RAWR!!!" The rabbit hisses making you yelp. "KNOCK IT OFF!" Sanji yells before kicking the rabbit in the face and sending it flying away. "How dare you growl at Y/n-chan!" he huffs before finishing explaining his white skin women. "That's because the color of snow seeps into their skin~"

Luffy frowns. "Man you're pretty stupid sometimes Sanji." he says.

"YOU'RE THE LAST PERSON I WANT TO HEAR THAT FROM!!"

You sigh in irritation. 'They're both idiots...' you thought to yourself, considering how long it took for them to even acknowledge the vicious rabbit. Luffy and Sanji continue the trek, Luffy still carrying you sadly until you see strange white blobs ahead. "What's that...?" you mutter.

"They look like polar bears with long ears!" Luffy says and you let out a gasp seeing the small rabbit from before, sitting on the shoulder of one of the creatures. They were quite tall, standing on two legs, with beady red eyes. "Oh no.....Luffy these are the Lap-"

Suddenly the large rabbit jumps in the air, arms spread out and claws out. "Look out!" you shout, and Luffy and Sanji narrowly jump away. "It's a rabbit!" Sanji exclaims, recognizing the amazing jumping power of the animal.

"No it's a polar bear!" Luffy argues only for you to smack him. "No! It's a Lapin! Like Dalton was talking about! Now put me down so we can fight off this thing!!"

"Ah!! There's so many!!" Luffy exclaims, seeing an entire army in the distance. He puts you down luckily, and you pull out your twin water blades, despite how shaky your hands are from the cold. "Luffy! Don't fight any of them!" you say.

"Huh?! Why?!" Luffy exclaims in protest. "You may be able to take their blows, but Nami's on your back and she'll die if she does!" Sanji finishes. "Let Y/n-chan and I handle this!"

"RAAWRR!!" the rabbit roars, already starting to charge at you again. Luffy grimaces. "Y-yeah...I swear not to fight! But then what do I do?!"

"Dodge!" Sanji shouts, the three of you narrowly dodging it's claws as the Lapin swings at you again. "Run and dodge! But not too fast!"

"That's too hard!" Luffy exclaims. "We'll back you up Luffy! But we need to avoid an all out fight from these things!" you shout before breaking off into a sprint with the two.

"Flanchet Shoot!" Sanji kicks the Lapin in the chest, sending it flying back but not as far as he would've liked. "Damn....It's too hard to kick with all this deep snow!"

"Water Slicer!" you swing your blade at the Lapin, watching as it hits the creature, killing it. The other Lapins roar in anger, making you yelp. "Run!!" you shout. "Into the forest!!"

"We need to lose them somehow! We can't keep running like this!" Sanji yells. Luffy's hat falls back onto Nami as he tries to keep a good pace that isn't too fast. Luffy goes to kick the Lapin behind you but Sanji grabs his leg. "Stop!" he shouts.

"You two go ahead! I'll try to hold them off!" You stop running, facing the large creatures. "Y/n-chan!" Sanji shouts, going to stop but you cut him off. "Just go! I can hold them off! I promise I'll be okay!"

The two grimaced, not wanting to leave you behind, but they trusted you. You watch as they continue to run ahead. You run up the same hill as the two, stopping when the Lapin hop onto the mountain as well. You face the Lapin going to cut them down until they start jumping up and down.

'Don't tell me....! An avalanche?!'

"LUFFY! SANJI!" You scream, seeing them turn their heads from afar. "AVALANCHE!"

But it's too late as the snow starts to fall down, rolling down like three large snowballs and heading straight for the four of you. "AAAHHH!!" Luffy and Sanji scream, running as fast as they can, down the mountain.

"What do we do Sanji?!" Luffy screams.

"How should I know?! First priority is Nami-swan and Y/n-chan, second priority is Nami-swan and Y/n-chan, third priority is Nami-swan and Y/n-chan, fourth priority and fifth is Nami-swan and Y/n-chan!"

"Oh! That's right! Y/NNNNN!!" Luffy shouts before stretching his arm back to you. He stretches his arm around your waist, and you let out a scream in terror as you go flying straight for him, barely able to stop yourself from knocking him and Nami over.

Once you are able to see ahead of you again, you point to a small slope. "There!" you point and you all climb onto the slope but gasp seeing you weren't high enough, and the avalanche hits you.

"OI Y/n! Sanji!"

Luffy grabs the two of you, pulling you onto a large pine tree, as you go sliding down the mountain at an incredible speed. "Yahoo!!"

"This isn't the time to be celebrating! We're going to have to climb up all this way again!" Sanji yells. "Damn those rabbits...I swear the next time I see them-"

"Won't be long for that! Look!" you point back up to where the Lapin have grabbed trees themselves, using them like snowboards and riding down the mountain. "So persistent!!"

Sanji narrowly dodges the claws of one of the Lapin, before looking ahead and gasping at the large rocks ahead. "Luffy! We're gonna crash!!"

"Crap! What do we do?!" Luffy panics, looking desperately for something to avoid the crash. You were occupied in holding down one of the Lapin. Seeing no other choice, Sanji kicks off Luffy and you from the tree, smirking. "A man should be gentle with a lady."

And that's the last thing he says before the tree crashes into the rock and Sanji goes flying off, crashing into the Lapin as they take Sanji down with them. "SANJI!!!" Luffy screams.

To Be Continued.......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61 0 19
A fan-fiction of One Piece, this is from the perspective of a 18-year-old girl named Chase Moonspell. She and her brother Percy join the Strawhats, b...
51K 2.2K 23
"From wherever he was right now, Luffy was giving her life a meaning." Airi and Luffy shared the same hometown, from the day they met, they immediate...
42.7K 2.5K 24
πŸ΄β€β˜ οΈπŸŒŠβ˜ οΈ ── OP ANIMEβ”Šβͺ κœ±α΄€Ι΄α΄ŠΙͺ α΄€Ι΄α΄… ᴒᴏʀᴏ ! ❫ ##. ❛ π‡πŽπˆπ’π“ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π‚πŽπ‹πŽπ”π‘π’ βœΰΏ”*:ο½₯゚ a ONE PIECE ANIME fanfiction. ...
2.2K 30 5
After the events of Pirate Island, Luffy and then Straw Hat crew find a mysterious jewel which leads them to two historical figures who are seeking o...