Just One Kiss

By DeeWilli

Could one kiss change your life? Most people would say no. All they would say is the kiss might let them know... More

Just One Kiss
Just One kiss Ch 1 cont.
Just One Kiss Chapter 2
Just One Kiss Ch 3
Just One Kiss Ch 4
Just One Kiss Ch 5
Just One Kiss Ch 6
Just One Kiss Ch 7
Just One Kiss Ch 8
Just One Kiss Ch 9
Just One Kiss Ch 10
Just One Kiss Ch 11
Just One Kiss Ch 12
Just One Kiss Ch 13
Just One Kiss Ch 14
Just One Kiss Ch 15
Just One Kiss Ch 16
Just One Kiss Ch 17
Just One Kiss Ch 18
Just One Kiss Ch 19
Just One Kiss Ch 20
Just One Kiss Ch 21
Just One Kiss Ch 22
Just One Kiss Ch 23
Just One Kiss Ch 24
Just One Kiss Ch 25
Just One Kiss Ch 26
Just One Kiss Ch 27
Just One Kiss Ch 28
Just One Kiss Ch 29
Just One Kiss Ch 30
Just One Kiss Ch 31
Just One Kiss Ch 32
Just One Kiss Ch 34
Just One Kiss Ch 35
Just One Kiss Ch 36
Just One Kiss Ch 37
Just One Kiss Ch 38
Just One Kiss Ch 39
Just One Kiss Ch 40
Just One Kiss Ch 41
Just One Kiss Ch 42

Just One Kiss Ch 33

2.5K 65 0
By DeeWilli

"Evening Son, inquiring minds want to know why you're sitting in the dark."

Rahul jumped a foot off the couch spun around.

"Easy Son, it's only me."

Rahul blew out a breath in an effort to calm his racing heart. Turning on the light Wade came and sat down next to his son. "Where are the other members of the household?"

"Huh?"

"Where are Johanna, Tia and Shaka?" Wade clarified.

"Huh?" Rahul repeated listening and looking around.

"How long have you been sitting there that you never noticed that you've been alone here."

"Too long obviously. I was lost in thought."

"What's wrong Son?"

Rahul looked at him quizzically.

"I know you Son. You only get like this when something is worrying you or you have a new idea for the company. So which is it?"

"I was thinking about Tia."

"What about her?"

"I was thinking about her work and your hobby. I know that you lied to us Dad. I know that not only did you know where she was all these years; you also visited her and brought back souvenirs." Sweeping his hands towards the mantel.    

"You're not angry?"

"No. You did right. Johanna and I were terrible to Tia. I shudder to think what we would have done if we'd known. As it was we were awful. I cleaned up my act but Johanna... well you know. Besides you did try to us to get us to reconcile with her but we refused to talk about her so it couldn't be helped. There is something I have to know though?"

"What?"

"Did you help her to disappear?"

Wade nodded watching his son closely for his reaction but all he did was nod.

"I thought so. Tell me how did y'all accomplish it?"

 Wade smiled "It was an elaborate and complicated thing. If one thing had gone wrong the whole thing would be ruined. Even now I don't quite know we managed to pull it off and I'm still amazed that we did."

"So you were in on it from the beginning?"

"No. I only came in towards the end. The entire thing was Tia and her friend's idea. Sometimes I wonder if Tia didn't need me if I would've been told at all."      

 "Wait. You said Tia and her friends. Jon, Danni and the others were part of it?"

"No. They knew nothing of the plot. If you remember, Johanna had forbidden Tia to talk to them. She made new friends and they helped her plan and execute operation disappear. They had everything planned down to latter. Including backup plans in case something happened."

"So what was your role?"

"Can't you guess?"

When Rahul frowned Wade grinned "Distracting my lady wife. Making sure that she was nowhere in the vicinity."

"So the vacation..."

Wade nodded. "You guessed it. Can you think of a better distraction?"

Rahul shook his head.

"I thought so."

"I'm curious. What was the plan for distracting me?"

"There wasn't any."

"There wasn't?"

"Nope. Try as they might they couldn't factor you in but you solved their problems."

Rahul frowned before he realized what his father was talking about. "My wedding..."

"Yes Son, your wedding. You were too distracted to look too closely at anything."

"I couldn't have decided to get married at a more opportune time huh?"

"It certainly helped." Wade agreed.

"Will you tell me-?"

"No. My original answer still stands. It's Tia's story and hers to tell."

"You could at least let me finish."

"It wouldn't have made a difference. You'd have gotten the same answer. You've already guessed part of anyway. Stop bursting your brain and let Tia complete the puzzle." His father told him standing.

"Well I'm for bed. G'night Son."

"Night Dad thanks."

"Think nothing of it. Comes with the territory."

Rahul laughed and looked at his watch and was surprised to see it was 8.30.

"Oh Son? There's something I need to tell you." Wade said just before he left the room.

"What?"

Hearing the door open Wade shook his head and motioned for him to follow him into his office. Closing the door behind them he said, "I thought that I should tell you that Tia has to leave next week Thursday. Now don't make that face. She was going to tell you today but you were busy and according to her had a headache so she took Shaka out and told her first."

"I didn't have a head-" Rahul began before he remembered that that was the excuse he'd given Tia earlier when he'd been reeling from shock.

"Why are you telling me instead of her?"

"I'm telling you so let you know that you don't have much time left so if there's anything you need to do or say to Tia you'd better get a move on."

"There's nothing between us except friendship."

"Riigghhtt." Wade said disbelievingly. "Keep telling yourself that. Me thinks that you know or wish that that wasn't all and don't want to tell me."

"You said that already." Rahul said irritably.

"Then you should know that I really mean what I say. Good night Son." Wade said opening the door and going out. Hearing the kitchen door open and close and childish laugher he said to his son "Looks like Tia's home." And laughed when he broke out in sweat.

Smiling Wade left him. As he climbed into his bed Wade couldn't stop grinning. His boy had it bad and he was lucky because Tia loved him too. All Rahul had to do was open his eyes and realize this fact so he could put himself and Tia out of their misery. But first he had to find the courage to talk to her. Remembering what he'd been with Johanna Wade chuckled and was still chuckling when he fell asleep.

Downstairs Rahul moved through the house wringing his hands the closer he got to the kitchen where Shaka and Tia were. Before he went in he took a calming breath and stuck his hands in his pocket to keep from wringing them. At the sound of his footsteps Tia and Shaka looked up and Tia smiled. His heart stuttered and it was a minute or two before he could breathe normally much less talk.

"Hi. We brought you ice-cream." Tia said.

"Thanks."

"We wanted to ask you to come with us Daddy but Tia said that we shouldn't disturb you because of your headache. We went to the skate-park first and Caroline and I practiced and Tia said that we'd gotten better. We did tell you when we were leaving the house but we didn't think you heard because your eyes were closed. Not wanting to disturb you we left. Daddy, when we went for ice-cream after we'd dropped Caro, Tia told me that she was leaving next week Thursday. Can't you make her stay Daddy? I want her to stay. Daddy, are you listening to me?"

"Yes baby, I'm just trying to keep up. We'll talk about that later. It's time for you to go to bed. Run upstairs and get ready. I'll be up in a minute to tuck you in."

"Ok." Shaka said. Hugging them both she ran up the stairs.

Alone in the kitchen with Tia Rahul wondered how to begin.

"Are you gonna eat this now?" Tia asked Shaka the small tub in front him.

He shook his head and waited until she put it on the fridge before speaking. "Tia?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you busy tomorrow evening?"

"No."

"Good. Will you go out with me tomorrow evening?"

"Yes." She answered and it was her turn to be breathless because he blessed her with such a beautiful smile.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome. Where are we going?"

"Dancing. Wear something casual but pretty."

"Are you giving me fashion advice Rahul?" Tia asked with a grin.

"I seem to recall a time when you needed my help on such matters."

"True. Good night Rahul."

"Night Tia."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 31.7K 46
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
654K 26K 37
Wendy has a plan for high school. Find a few friends, pass her classes, and graduate with no drama. It works out for her first two years of high scho...
423K 20.2K 45
Street-savvy Meg kickstarts a rivalry with her ex when she agrees to waitress at his competitor's diner. ...
4.9M 56.6K 33
Nicole, a.k.a skinny legs or virgin pants, was never really into Lucas Anderson. The guy who scored with every girl, every girl loving him while he j...