Just One Kiss Ch 34

In the morning Rahul was a basket case of nerves, wondering if he'd lost his mind when he'd asked Tia out. He'd told her that he'd take her dancing but he had no idea where to take her! He supposed he could take her to a club but that wasn't what he wanted. What he sought was a place where they could dance that had an intimate setting and he hadn't a clue of any place that fit that description. What was he gonna do? The one place that would've worked had closed down earlier that month. If they had waited just a few more months before permanently closing their doors he wouldn't be in this dilemma!

Dragging his hand through his hair in frustration Rahul quit his restless pacing and went downstairs and met his father in the kitchen.

"Morning Son, coffee?"

Mumbling his own greeting and nodding his head in response to the coffee he slumped into his chair.

"Here you go." Wade said handing him a cup of steaming coffee.

Mumbling his thanks Rahul hunched over his cup. "Oh oh." Wade said watching him. Sliding into the opposite seat his own mug in hand Wade took in his son's posture. "Son, what's the matter? Whatever it is can't be good if you're looking like that."

"I asked Tia out on a date last night." Rahul asked morosely.

"I would think that's a great thing. Did she accept?"

Rahul nodded drinking his coffee.

"So why are you looking so glum? I'd think that you'd been happy."

"I told Tia that we'd go dancing only I don't know where to take her."

"I see then you have a little problem there."

"I know."

"What do you have in mind?"

Rahul told him.

"Nice, do you know any place that has that sort of setting?"

"The only one I could think of closed last month."

"Damn."

"My thoughts exactly."

"Did you tell Tia a time?" Wade asked.

Rahul shook his head.

"Then you don't have a time constraint. Go call Jon and the others. They might be able to help you."

"Thanks Dad. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"You'll survive. I didn't make no lily-livered son." Wade told him.

Rahul grinned, "True, though don't know what I'd do without your counsel."

"Well hopefully the good lord grants me a few more years so that I can continue to impart my knowledge to you. So that when you're stuck and I'm gone I would have hopefully told you something that could help. Now I must leave you. My desk waits and you have calls to make."

Rahul looked at his watched and noticed how quiet the house was. "Wait Dad. The house is too quiet. Where's everybody?"

"You finally noticed. While you were sleeping Tia swept Shaka out of the house. Said that they had a yen to skate and she had errands to run. She also said you owe her breakfast and she expects it tomorrow. I suppose you know what she's talking about?"

Smiling Rahul nodded.

"Good because it was lost to me. Johanna took herself off to the hairdresser's and the spa.  Something about needing to relieve stress she said."

"If that's the case, maybe we all should take a trip to the spa. While she stayed home because as far as I see it she's been giving more stress than receiving it so she shouldn't have any."