Just One kiss Ch 1 cont.

The Past

Six year old Tatiana Romelli was busy playing in the grass with all the other boys in the neighbourhood when her mother, Johanna Romelli, called her inside. From her tone of voice the other boys deduced that the girl was once again in trouble with her mother and wasted no time informing her of such. "You're in trouble again Tatiana! Tatiana in trouble again!" they sang.

"Shut up!" Tia shouted and ran to meet her mother.

"Yes Mom?"

"Oh Tatiana, look at you! I thought I told you to stay clean today?" Johanna scolded, frantically trying to clean the mud and grass stains off her clothes while removing the trigs from her hair. The man she'd been dating for the past several months was coming to over today with his son, whom they both would be meeting for the first time and she wanted her daughter to look her best but her daughter attracted dirt as soon as no one was looking at her or so it seemed.

"C'mon let's go change your clothes."

The two of them went up stairs and Tia allowed her mother after she'd bathed again to dress her in dress.

And as her she bushed Tia's short, black, wavy hair which she had inherited from her father, Timon Romelli, Johanna said to her daughter, "Tatiana, I know you like Wade and I want you to be nice to his son ok?"

"I will mom, as long as he's nice to me. How long do I have to stay in this dress?" Tia asked with all the maturity of a six year old.

"Until after we finish eating then you can change into your usual wear."

"Cool."

"Now an important question Tatiana, my girl, how do I look?" Johanna asked and waited for her daughter's verdict. Her little girl didn't put water in her mouth to say anything and was quick to tell you when she didn't like something and didn't care how you took it.

Tia leaned her head to one side hemmed and hawed for a few minutes then twirled her index finger indicating that she wanted her mother to spin. Johanna did and when she completed the turn Tia said, "You look beautiful Mamma."

"Thanks honey. Now let's go downstairs I want to make sure that everything looks alright. "

"It does mamma I'm sure of it." Tia assured her.

"Thanks, but I still want to look."

As the two of them made their way back downstairs Tia looked at her mother and all the preparation she had done and was still trying to do before her gentleman and his son showed up. Then the reason why occurred to her but she had to be sure. "Mom?"

"Yes?" Johanna replied and braced herself for whatever outrageous thing she knew was going to come out of her mouth.

"You really like Wade don't you?"

Johanna looked at her daughter in surprise of all the things she'd been gearing up for she'd not been expecting that.

"Yes, honey I do."

"So do I."

"I'm glad, now are you sure that everything is okay?" Johanna asked anxiously while wringing her hands.

"Mamma, calm down, all is cool. Stop worrying."

"I can't help it."

"You gonna have to. They're here." And without saying another word Tia ran to open the door.

Johanna took a deep breath to steady herself before going to meet her guests.

As she got closer to them she could hear Wade talking animatedly with Tia but it didn't sound as though Wade's son, Rahul was partaking in the conversation at all. Oh dear, thought Johanna that was not a good sign. And found that she needed to take another deep breath to fortify herself before taking the last few steps that would bring her to her guests.