Just One Kiss Ch 27

Despite his late night Rahul was up with the sun. As soon as it touched his face he jumped out of his bed and went downstairs. He wanted to see how Tia fared the night before but knew it was too early to wake her. Too restless to sleep he ventured into the kitchen and made himself a cup of coffee. As he filled the kettle yesterday's events flashed in his head. He couldn't believe that Johanna had broken the coffee pot yesterday all because Tia had poured herself some coffee and then had the gall to blame Tia for Shaka's accident when she was clearly at fault. The woman needed therapy and he was gonna make sure and tell his father when he woke up.

Carrying his cup with him into his office, Rahul worked until he heard the house stirring. Saving his work, he rose and went upstairs to shower and change. The next time he went downstairs Johanna was in the kitchen making breakfast.

"Good morning Rahul, do you want some eggs?"

"Sure." He replied watching her closely.

"So...any plans for today?" she asked sitting down opposite from him sipping her coffee.

Rahul blinked he could feel a sense of déjà vu coming on. This was just like yesterday morning except there was no coffee pot because it had broken and Tia had not come down yet.

"I was thinking I could take Shaka with me to the museum?" Johanna said pitching her voice to sound like she'd asked a question.

Rahul stared at her in disbelief. Was she going to pretend that yesterday never happened? And why would she want to take Shaka to the museum of all places? Shaka hated the museum she knew that. She'd been to a few of them with her different classes and come back complaining that while history was cool being inside the museum was not. "Johanna, you know that Shaka hates going to any museum so why would you want to take her there?"

Johanna twisted her wedding ring around her finger- a sure sign that she was nervous.

"I know that she doesn't like it but I thought that is she went with me that she would come out with a better appreciation for museums."

"I highly doubt that but still it's up to Shaka whether she goes with you or not. It doesn't matter to me. Now if you would excuse me..." Rahul said rising from the table. Johanna was up something he knew it. He just didn't know what it was yet.

"Wait Rahul, if I could have a few more minutes?"

Sighing he turned. "What is it?"

"Don't you think that Shaka should stop playing sports?" Johanna said nervously.

So that's what she was up to. Johanna was trying to force Shaka into being a lady. "Johanna, Shaka is nine and loves her sports. I am not going to stop her from playing not now, not ever. Do you understand me?"

"But I think that Shaka should be more ladylike, If we start now we can get her out of the habit of her sports and more agreeable to the ways of a lady."

Rahul's eyes flashed, "Shaka is not your child. She is my child and I will not have you taking away something she loves. Now excuse me!"

Watching him go Johanna knew she had made a grave error in her plans. Whatever possessed her to broach the subject now? Anyone could see that Rahul was brooding over something and yet the words just flew out of her mouth. Washing her dishes she flinched in remembrance of his words but she was sure that she would bring him round eventually. She just had to back off the subject for now and reintroduce it slowly and subtle next time and Shaka would be the lady that Tatiana never was and never would be.

Stalking away from the kitchen head bent and muttering Rahul all but run into his father who was coming down the stairs. "Wow, watch where you're going. What's got you in a pickle so early in the morning?"