Just One Kiss Ch 5

Upstairs Tia couldn't believe what she was hearing. She'd been listening to music and drawing when she heard Rahul flying up the stairs. She hurriedly hid her sketchpad under the bed before he burst in. He didn't know she could draw and she didn't want him to know-not yet. Her heart leapt when she saw his face. This was the Rahul she knew from before their kiss. This was the one she had missed for almost three months now. He sat down on her bed and spit out his news as if he couldn't bear to hold it in any longer.

"Tia, you know Brad's Cousin Suzette?"

"Yes." She had met the girl a few times when she'd gone out for her mother.

"Well I met her today at Macgregor's and Tia as soon as our eyes met my heart turned over. I think I'm in love."

"You've been in love before Rahul."

"Yea but not like this. We spent the day together and Tia she made me feel happy inside."

"Happy inside?"

"As if I finally found my other half." Rahul explained.

This was Tia's first clue that Suzette was different from all the other girls he'd dated. She listened with half an ear as he described Suzette's attributes and it wasn't until she heard him say that he had kissed her that she really paid attention to what he was saying.

"You what!" Tia exclaimed.

The fact that he had kissed on their first date was Tia's second clue as to how special Suzette was. Rahul had told her when he was sixteen that he wouldn't kiss a girl the first time he met her unless she touched his heart. At twelve Tia had thought this was ridiculous but Rahul had held true to it. With all the other girls he had waited 'til their third or fourth date to kiss them.

"You heard me, I kissed her. And what a kiss it was. I could still feel it now. T, you have to meet her and tell me what you think about her but I think you will like her. I told her that you'll meet her tomorrow after swim practice ok?"

"Well I promised José that I'd braid his hair tomorrow and I have to meet Mrs. Delacroix tomorrow to discuss something."

"Wait, who's Mrs. Delacroix? One of your teachers?" Rahul asked.

Shows you how much we've lost touch old friend. He used to know all her teachers and what they looked like. Now that she had mention Mrs. Delacroix Tia figured she might as well mention that she could draw as well. "No she's not a teacher. She's a friend and I promised her that I will meet with her to discuss when I would be able to come do a family portrait for her as a wedding present for her daughter."

"Portrait? How come you have to do a portrait for her?"

Tia sighed and after tearing out the page she been drawing on before he came in she gave him her sketchpad. He looked at the sketches and said, "This is really good, and since when can you do this?"

Tia smiled and told him the story. "...So you see I don't know how long this meeting will run on for. Thank god that tomorrow is Sunday. I will do José's hair after we come from church. If he's late then to bad for him because I told Mrs. Delacroix that I will meet her at one. How about I call you and see where you are when we are finished and meet you?"

This statement caused made Rahul to blink. He had, over the years grown accustom to Tia coming when he called to hear that she couldn't come immediately shocked him.

"Ok then by the way Suzie said that you and Brad been hanging out a lot. Since when you dating Brad?"

"I'm not. Suzie just sees me a lot because I'm helping Brad improve his soccer besides he has a girl. Her name's Meleea. He talks about her and to her every chance he gets and she's down here almost every weekend. Now if you'd excuse me I'll go back to my art now."