Just One Kiss Ch 8

But Tia didn't understand. Instead she changed. In the days, weeks, months following her mother's ultimatum she redrew from her mother and Rahul and was silent and unsmiling when she was at home and in school and everywhere for that matter. It would seem that all the life went out of her. She was never at home and stayed out as long as she possibility could without being grounded. On the upside she was the perfect lady that her mother wanted her to be. She never raised her voice above a whisper and she seem to take to sewing and her etiquette classes though the teacher reported to her mother, that she felt like she was teaching a robot and her teachers made a point of saying that Tia was no longer the happy, vibrant child she once was.

Everyone who knew the old Tia worried about her but they could not do or say anything about it because her mother had forbidden all contact with her fellas and friends.

Her mother swore that this was just Tia's way of rebelling but everyone else knew better. Johanna had broken her daughter. One thing everyone could say her school work never faulted. If it was possible for an A+ student to get better hers did.

Her art under Danté's tutelage also flourished. It was also there at Danté's house that you saw the real Tia because there she was able to do all the things she loved and there was Ferdinand. He and Tia formed a special bond that at times baffled his parents. In a very short time they were so close that most times they did not need to speak to express what they were feeling. To his parents surprise Ferdinand learned to sew because Tia was doing it and the two of them were seen discussing stitches and the fit of clothes along with sports and art. Both his parents and Wade were beginning to wonder if the two of them were a couple. When he was tired of waiting for her to talk about it Wade cornered her in her room and asked her.

"Have you given Rahul up?"

"No but could we not talk about this here? I don't want Mom to hear."

Wade nodded and the two of them went for a walk. When they were far enough away from the house Wade resumed their conversation.

"If you haven't given Rahul up what is going on between you and Ferdinand?"

"He's very special to me. At first I used him to see whether even though I played sports if guys still found me appealing but then we started to talk and I really do like him. I think I even love him a little just not the way I love Rahul but I cannot explain the connection we have. In a way we are together being as close as we are but we both have a feeling that we're not meant to be together for life. At least for now."

"Ok but if you can say that you and Ferdinand are not meant to be, how come you cannot say that about you and Rahul?"

"Because to me Ferdinand is like a part of my soul but Rahul? He has my heart and soul. I know that I am not making sense. All I can say is that I feel for Rahul what I know you feel for Mom. While Ferdinand is almost like a brother. Did you know that we share a birthday?"

"No, I did not but enough about you and Ferdinand. Why is it that when you're not by Danté or with Ferdinand you are a zombie? For lack of a better word."

"When I'm not with Danté or Ferdinand or even you, I feel like I am stifling. It hurts that my own mother wants to change me. If I was a bad sort of person I would understand why I need to change but I'm not. Why can't my mother accept who I am Wade?"

"I don't know baby."

"I get excellent grades in school but that doesn't seem to please her. Every day she criticizes me about something and I hate the fact that she has banned me from my friends because she thinks that they might get me to play sports again. When did me and my mother reach this point where she doesn't trust me to obey her even though I am not around her? And while I'm on that note while I love playing sports with Nando-Ferdinand," she clarified when she realised that Wade was confused, "I hate the fact that I have to sneak behind my mother's back to do so and that she has forgotten about my art. But you know what destroys me when I am home?"