Just A Friend (Adrienette)

By Feathecat_184

"Marinette? She's just a friend." Adrien and Marinette were best friends since they were kids. Marinette had... More

🐞1🐱
🐞2🐱
🐞3🐱
🐞4🐱
🐞5🐱
🐞6🐱
🐞7🐱
🐞8🐱
🐞10🐱
🐞11🐱
🐞12🐱
🐞13🐱
🐞14🐱
🐞15 (Part 1)🐱
🐞15 (Part 2)🐱
🐞15 (Part 3) THE END🐱

🐞9🐱

2K 41 46
By Feathecat_184

(CTTO)

Marinette’s Point of View

“ADRIEN! WATCH OUT!” I screamed out of my lungs as I immediately tied his leg with my yoyo and pulled him before Reflekta could change him just like her.

“Adrien, we are friends right?” Reflekta said. “Why don’t you give me Ladybug’s miraculous? Don’t you want to be like Rose, do you?"

Adrien stood up and I untied the string on his leg. “No, we’re not friends! Now, bring back Juleka!”

Reflekta groaned. “All I want is revenge on Chloé Bourgeois! This is for Marinette and me! Why don’t you join me instead?!”

“Because revenge isn’t the solution, Juleka!”

"I'm not Juleka! I'm Reflekta!"

She groaned and this time, Adrien had almost turn like Reflekta but, luckily, I jumped on him and we landed on the floor.

“Run, Adrien!” I told him as I helped him stood up. He nodded and did what I’ve told him to do. “It’s just you and me, Reflekta!”

***

“Pound i—”

I immediately ran to Juleka. “What happened?”

I hugged her tightly and she hugged me back too. I’m glad my best friend’s safe. I don’t know how will I react if I’ll loose one of my friends. She almost fell earlier when we were chasing her at the rooftop but gladly, I caught her before capturing the akuma.

Out of the blue, my earrings beeped. I broke the hug and waved goodbye to Chat Noir and Juleka.

“Bug out!”

I ran to the dark alley behind the hotel and de-transformed. Tikki fell onto my hands, tired.

“Marinette, I’m hungry,” Tikki mumbled.

I opened my purse and there wasn’t any cookies left for Tikki. “I’ll feed you but first, let’s go back to the hotel."

I put Tikki back inside my purse and walked to the entrance. I almost wanted to run but, I forgot I was wearing high heels.

Whoah! I don’t actually walk fast like this! I went to the near table and got one big cookie for Tikki. I opened my purse and put the cookie inside.

“What are you doing here, Dupain-Cheng?” someone asked me from behind. “Getting some food for your precious little kwami, eh?”

I turned around and saw Chloé. I was glad when she finally came to her senses that the gown she wore earlier is not her design. She is now wearing a different gown and it was yellow instead of violet.

“Shhhh! I told you not to mention that, Chloé,” I whispered.

“Why not? I don't care. It’s not my secret unless… “ she said and smirked.

“Unless you’ll stay away from my Adrikins and I’ll promise you that your secret will never be revealed to everyone.”

I clenched my fist at first but then, I realized something.

“Really, Chloé? Go ahead. Tell them that I’m Ladybug and let’s see if they’ll believe you or not,” I said and smiled victoriously.

She frowned. “Please not be offended but, I don’t think everyone in this party will believe to a person like you.”

As I finished saying that, I left her, speechless.

***

“Put your masks on, everybody!” The DJ announced. “Because the Masquerade Party is starting right now!”

I looked around and people were already on their masks. I looked back at my red mask and asked Tikki for advice.

“That’s just a red mask, Marinette and not the Ladybug one,” she said. “Trust me, no one will recognize you as Ladybug.”

“Every superhero needs a break, Marinette,” she continued.

I stared at the Ladybug mask for a sec and sighed. “Fine, Tikki, I’ll try to enjoy this party.”

I put my mask on and walked to the crowd. I’ve been finding Juleka, Rose, and Adrien for a while now but, they still didn’t show up.

Suddenly, the music slowed down.

“Get yourself a partner, everyone, as I’ll play a romantic song for all of you!”

Everybody around me then had started dancing with their partners. I sighed as I went back to the chair I’ve been sitting since a while ago.

If only I could dance with someone.

“Marinette?” someone called from my back.

I turned around and saw a blond guy.

He wore a black mask and his eyes were emerald green. He also wore a fake black cat ears.

“Oh it’s really you,” he said. “I was finding you the whole time. Where have you been?”

“I’ve just hidden somewhere when Reflekta started speaking in front of everyone,” I lied. “When I saw that Reflekta was defeated, the crowd came back and it was hard finding you guys so, I just sat here, hoping you guys would find me. Anyway, how’s Juleka?”

“She’s fine but, I didn’t try to find you just to tell you about that,” Adrien replied and stared at my eyes for a moment. “I came here for a dance.”

He offered his hand. “May I have this dance, Princess?”

I smiled and accepted his offer. “Of course, Adrien.”

He pulled me from my seat and we danced gracefully with the music. He pulled me closer and that was the first time I saw his eyes closer than before.

The moment Adrien’s eyes met mine, I felt my heart beat fast and I thought of something. I should have done this  some other time but, myself is telling me that this is the right time to do it.

This is the right time that I'll confess my true feelings to Adrien.

“Adrien?”

“Yes?”

“I have something to tell you,” I said.

“What is it, Marinette?”

“Adrien, I’ve been planning to say this to you for a long time but unfortunately, luck isn’t always at my side so, I never had the opportunity to tell you that… “

I paused for a moment. I breathed in and out then, I looked down.

“I…I love you, Adrien,” I said in my low voice. “I love you more than just a friend.”

We stopped dancing and there were silence. I can’t look at him directly. I maintained my position of looking down on the floor.

“Marinette,” Adrien called but, I still lowered my head.

“Marinette,” he said and this time, he touched my cheek and lifted my head up so, he could see me closely. He looked at me and stared at my eyes.

“Marinette, I’m sorry but…” he said but, it was more of a mumble. “I… I’m in love with someone else.”

I felt my heart broke. I pulled back from his grasp and excused myself.

“I gotta go.”

I was about to run when Adrien grabbed my arm. “Marinette, I’m sorry! We could still be friends you know.”

I turned around. I wanted to cry in front of him but, I know I’ll just end up embarrassing myself in front of other people.

“Yeah… of course,” I said and faked a smile. “Now, excuse me.”

I broke his grasp from my arm and walked fast as I can to the comfort room. I walked to an empty cubicle and locked myself inside. There, I burst in tears. Tikki flew out of my purse.

“Marinette… are you okay?” she asked with a hint of sadness in her voice.

“Yeah… I’m fine,” I replied but, my body kept betraying me. My tears fell and I started sniffing. “I’m not fine, Tikki! I’m not fine!”

Tikki fell silent for a moment and all she did was to caress my cheek as I cried.

I thought Adrien will have the same feelings as mine but, stupid me! I shouldn’t have said that! I’m sure he’ll keep bugging me on Monday and will keep asking, “Are you okay?” when it’s really obvious that I’m not okay! I already suspected that he loves someone else but, why did I still told him?

Adrien said he loves someone else and I have a great guess on who it is. I know it’s Kagami! The moment he first had seen her face, it was like Mr. Cupid struck him.

I sighed and continued crying. I was crying the whole time that I didn’t notice Tikki shouting my name.

“Marinette! Wa—”

“Heartbreaker, I’m Scarlet Moth. I’ll give you the power to make everyone in Paris experience nothing but heartbreaks! In return, you have to give me Ladybug and Chat Noir’s miraculous. Do you accept my offer?”

“Yes, Scarlet Moth,” I said as I found my own hands holding my right earring and that’s the last thing I remembered.

End of Chapter Nine

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.2K 823 23
Lila has finally turned her class against Marinette. Marinette barely has any friends left and doesn't think she can forgive her friends. After an ac...
36.2K 1K 35
Start Date: February 19, 2021 End Date: June 30, 2021 Chat Noir never thought he'd find himself on Hawkmoth's side. Ladybug never thought her best fr...
74.4K 1.1K 19
Marinette's life was getting bad ever since Lila promise to her in which she told lies about what Marinette did but didn't do in which all of her fri...
5.6K 467 42
Luka feels like he's been in love with Marinette ever since he first met her, but everyone knows that she is interested in Adrien, so he's resigned t...