๐›๐ซ๐จ๐ค๐ž๐ง ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐Ÿ๐ฅ...

By peachymaximoff

"we delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admits the changes it has gone through to achieve that... More

00. cast + summary
01. the three amigos
02. moments like these
03. brains of the op.
04. hide the glow
05. hey tinkerbell
06. dog kibble
07. every party
08. almost impossible
09. hollis family line
10. supernatural business
11. must be dreaming
12. nightmares
13. the pink trees
14. pinkie promise
15. do this to herself
16. fruit salad
17. bubble spell
18. smile innocently
19. playing the hero
20. frat boys
21. taking my break
22. finally lost it
23. hair & jawline
24. feeling a tad dead
26. woman with blue eyes
27. supposed to stay
28. what a crappy day
29. wife, sister, mother
30. cave of misery
31. epic as a love story
32. stop suffering
33. living hell for me
34. life to the fullest
35. sweet dreams, blossom
36. complete darkness
37. first day back
38. the dinner party
39. for my mother and me
40. everything about you
41. beautiful butterfly
42. what's the worst
43. stupid fairleaves
44. three powerful words
45. just two weeks
46. can ever imagine
47. it will get better
48. devious by the day
49. ultimate prom date
50. unsurprising welcome
51. the audubon society
52. proud of me too
bonus chapter :)

25. believe in love

15.4K 411 146
By peachymaximoff

"You didn't eat breakfast today." Elijah whispered to Brynley as the two walked into the backyard of the Lockwood mansion, Elena following behind them.

"Don't talk about it right now, not in front of Elena." Brynley shook her head and Elijah gave her a look. "I don't want the others to know about my....problem."

"You need to eat something." Elijah said.

"Later, I'm not hungry." Brynley sighed.

"So as you've seen, nothing can kill an Original. Not Sun, not fire, not even a werewolf bite. Only the wood from one tree. A tree my family made sure burned." Elijah, Brynley, and Elena walked throughout the backyard.

"That's where the white ash for the dagger comes from." Elena concluded.

"Yes," Elijah confirmed. "The witches won't allow anything truly immortal to walk the earth. Every creature needs to have a weakness in order to maintain the balance."

"So the Sun can't kill an Original." Elena mumbled.

"Why is Klaus so obsessed with breaking the Sun and Moon curse?" Brynley asked.

"You didn't see that memory?" Elijah looked at Brynley and she shook her head, Elijah smiling. "The curse of the sun and the moon. It's all so...biblical-sounding, don't you think?"

"What's so funny?" Elena turned to the original and Elijah explained how Klaus drew the sketches about the curse and many other documents explaining the curse.

"I don't understand. So Klaus drew the Aztec sketches about the curse?" Elena continued to ask questions.

"Roman scrolls, African tribal etchings, and any other culture or continent we felt like planting in it." Elijah sighed.

"But why?" Brynley questioned.

"Easiest way to discover the existence of a doppelgänger or a Hollis fairy or to get your hands on some long, lost moonstone is to have every single member of two warring species on the lookout." Elijah said.

"That's smart." Bryn mumbled.

"The curse of the Sun and the Moon...is fake. It doesn't exist." Elijah informed.

"Oh." Brynley's eyes widened.

"Klaus and I faked the sun and moon curse dating back over a thousand years." Elijah said.

"But if there's no curse..."

"There's a curse. Just not that one. The real one's much worse. It's a curse placed on Klaus." Elijah smirked.

"How did I not see this memory?" Brynley pouted.

"What are you talking about?" Elena tried to make sense of all this.

"Klaus has been trying to break it for the last thousand years. And you two are his only hope." Elijah announced and Elena's phone began to buzz.

"What is this curse?" Elena spoke.

"Your phone will not stop its incessant buzzing. Answer it, please." Elijah handed Elena her phone.

"Stefan...what's wrong? No. No, no, no, no. Okay, I'll be right there." Elena rambled before she hung up and looked at Elijah. "Klaus went after Jenna. I have to go to her."

"I'm afraid that wasn't part of today's arrangement." Elijah said.

"Elijah," Bryn looked up at him. "Jenna is her family, let her go."

"I'll be back. You have my word." Elena promised.

"That doesn't mean anything to me until you live up to it." Elijah explained.

"Thank you." Elena ran off and the two soulmates looked at the Gilbert girl. Brynley began to remember a memory she saw in a dream between Elijah and Katherine.

"Klaus promised to spend the day with me, but he never returned home from the night." Katherine told Elijah in England, 1492.

"Yes, Klaus does not live by any rules but his own." Elijah informed.

"He is a very charming man. Hard for anyone to resist, I suppose." Katherine sat down.

"And yet..." Elijah sat next to her.

"I know not why he courts me. He seems to not care about me at all." Katherine sighed.

"Many a union has been built on much less." Elijah replied.

"Is it wrong to want more?" Katherine asked.

"Do you have more with Trevor?" Elijah asked back.

"Trevor believes that he loves me, but true love is not real unless it's returned. Do you agree?" Katherine explained.

"I do not believe in love, Katerina." Elijah said.

"That is too sad for me to accept, my lord. Life is too cruel. If we cease to believe in love, why would we want to live?"

Brynley looked at Elijah, easily being able to tell he was thinking about the same memory.

"Have your opinions changed?" Brynley spoke and Elijah turned to her.

"My opinions on what?" Elijah questioned.

"You don't believe in love?" Brynley looked down.

"I'm not sure," Elijah used two fingers to raise her chin, her blue eyes staring into his brown ones. "There's someone who makes me want to believe in love."

-

Brynley ate a bowl of pasta that Elijah made for in the kitchen of the Lockwood house while they waited for Elena to return. While she ate, he explained to her the curse put on Klaus.

"So Klaus is both a werewolf and a vampire?" Brynley placed her fork into the bowl of pasta and Elijah nodded. "That would be very, very, deadly."

"Correct, so the witches made his werewolf side dormant." Elijah sighed.

"And that's the curse he wants to break." Brynley finally understood.

"If he does, he could make more like him, hybrids." Elijah informed.

"Wow." Brynley ran a hand through her hair.

"I also found a way to save the life of the doppelgänger."

-

Brynley, Elijah, and Elena entered the living room of the Salvatore house to see the brothers fighting.

"Stop!" Elena screamed.

"Oh for fairy's sake." Brynley mumbled and Stefan and Damon stopped fighting.

"Now you've invited him in?" Damon rolled his eyes.

"Don't be rude!" Brynley spoke up. "He's my friend."

"Elijah and I have renewed the terms of our deal." Elena walked up to the brothers.

"Really?" Damon questioned.

"Yup, try not to wreck this one, Damon." Brynley crossed her arms.

"The two of you will come to no harm at my hands. I only ask for one thing in return." Elijah said.

"What?" Stefan questioned.

"An apology." Elijah stated. "To me and to Brynley, because surely you must have noticed the affects me being daggered had of her."

"A what?" Damon looked at him in disbelief.

"I'm sorry for the part that I played in your death. I was protecting Elena. I will always protect Elena." Stefan apologized.

"I understand." Elijah nodded.

"Bryn," Stefan turned to the fairy. "I'm sorry for daggering Elijah, since I learned that's what caused the nosebleeds and all that."

"Thank you." Brynley whispered.

"The sacrifice is going to happen, Damon. Bonnie will be able to kill Klaus without hurting herself and Elijah knows how to save my life. I told you I'd find another way. And I did." Elena smirked.

"Is that true?" Damon looked at Elijah.

"It is." Elijah confirmed.

"And you're trusting him?" Damon asked.

"I am." Elena nodded.

"Pixie dust?" Damon called.

"I've always trusted him." Brynley smiled.

"You can all go to hell."

a/n: RANDOM UPDATE TO CELEBRATE 10 FRICKING K !! 10K, i literally cannot believe it. thank you to every single one of you for your support, i'm glad you all enjoy reading about bryn and elijah as much as i love writing about them. i have big plans for bryn in the originals, which means there will definitely be a second book, i just need to figure out a title. thank you once again for reading, and if you have any ideas what the second book should be titled please leave it in the comments below.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 4.7K 43
"butterflies can't see their wings. they can't see how truly beautiful they are, but everyone else can." the originals (season 1-) (book two) (comple...
1.2M 30.6K 53
"๐™„ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ ๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™ง๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™จ๐™๐™–๐™ง๐™ฅ ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™ช๐™š๐™จ." "๐˜ผ๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™„ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ ๐™š ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฃ-๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฎ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ, ๐™›๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™ฎ ๐™—๐™ค...
51.4K 1.5K 19
The Vampire Diaries Season One to TBD Soulmate AU Kol Mikaelson x OC