Open fire

By white_lies_me

~sequel to Flames in water~ {Calum Hood fanfiction} Who knew that after several peaceful years, you and your... More

Part 1 "Once more"
Part 2 "I wish for something else"
Part 3 "Perth"
Part 4 "New area"
Part 5 "Let's get the crew"
Part 6 "Start somewhere"
Part 7 "News are the worst"
Part 9 "Family"
Part 10 "Strange behaviours"
Part 11 "We've got it?"
Part 12 "Out of control"
Part 13 "Small talk"
Part 14 "Troubles along the way"
Part 15 "There's still time for everything"
Part 16 "Emergency"
Part 17 "Too soon"
Part 18 "Doesn't have to be miserable always"
Part 19 "Come clean with it"
Part 20 "Time is ticking by"
Part 21 "What is left?"
Part 22 "In between two worlds"
Part 23 "If the world ends now"
Part 24 "On your way"
Part 25 "Only one scar is permanent"
Part 26 "You can't teach an old dog new tricks"
Part 27 "Choices are never simple"
Part 28 "All the voices in my mind are calling out for me"
Part 29 "Gotta get out"
Part 30 "Broken pieces"
Part 31 "Agreements and disagreements"
Part 32 "An unexpected visit"
Part 33 "Trust"
Part 34 "Just like you"
Part 35 "Confessions"
Part 36 "I love and hate surprises"
Part 37 "Figuring things out"
Part 38 "Final decision"
Part 39 "I'm not ready to start again"
Part 40 "Mission accepted"
Part 41 "Back to the Dead forest"
Part 42 "Ghost of you"
Part 43 "Undoing the wrong"
Part 44 "On the edge"
Part 45 "Open fire"
Part 46 "End of an adventure"

Part 8 "Clues and unknown"

56 3 0
By white_lies_me

As he finishes the sentence Luke grabs the remote and turns the TV on.

"Bodies have been found around the southwest part of Australia. Victims' necks have been brutally bit into, they also have claw marks just like the ones we've found on the new peninsula. Police are investigating who or rather what might have killed them. Right now I'm getting confirmation from the studio that we have some footage from the security camera in Busselton. Here's the exclusive footage. If you're squeamish you might want to look away-"

Everyone stayed silent, you were beyond worry, fear whatever it was! A werewolf showed itself, now? It can't be one of yours, they are all stuck in the tunnel, so what's the case here? You could see everyone's expression when they saw the wolf mercilessly kill that man in front of him. He ran away straight after, not bothering to eat it or anything, it's like he killed him just for fun.

"That's not unfortunately the only case. There's been multiple and we don't have the exact number as the attacks are random and could still occur. We are trying to capture the beast the best we could, it's three times the size of a normal wolf. You could say it's a werewolf, but that's impossible since it can't turn into a human, or, at least we don't know. I advise all the Aussies out there to stay inside and far away from dark places or forests-Luke turned the TV off, not wanting to see it anymore. How could this happen, why now? Calum groaned, ruffling his hair and sat on the couch clearly stressed. Mali was speechless, she ran to her room and called Harry to help her with something. Niall was still breathing heavily from running here, he went to the kitchen and sat on the counter, Louis and Michael joined him. Sierra hugged Luke closing her eyes, Ashton and Sarah paced back and forward. Crystal sat next to Calum a little further from him to give him space and you sat next to her Liam going on the other side of the couch.

"We're screwed" Michael said, you sighed, but nodded knowing you trully are.

"But I thought all the other werewolves are in your tunnel?" Louis addressed.

"They are, or they should be at least" Luke said through gritted teeth.

"Wait, there are the ones that live here, in human world" Sarah said as realisation kicked in.

"Yes, but they would never do this. Zaine let them go out because he trusted them not to make a mistake like this" Calum said, sounding very annoyed.

"So we have a wild werewolf running around in human world who doesn't care about humans or killing them. Just great" Ashton said, emphasizing the 'great'.

"We have to catch it somehow" you say, too defeated to add anything else.

"Yes we do, but how? There are people investigating the biggest mystery right now, which just so happens to be a wolf three times bigger than a normal one and we want the same one" Crystal groans.

"We can't go to our world now, this wolf will reveal everything if they catch it, especially if they see it transforming" Calum realises, getting up. He goes over to Niall, everyone's gaze following him

"Can you somehow locate it?" he asks.

"I don't have any information about it or its whereabouts... I could maybe try?" he sighs. Calum nods, trying to take at least that.

"Why did Mali and Harry go upstairs?" Liam questions suddenly.

"Because I had to check something" Mali said coming downstairs with Harry shortly behind.

"That wolf is not itself, you can see the behaviour and the way it killed the man. Something's going on and I need to have that footage to figure it out. I asked Harry to rewind the TV upstairs because I didn't know how to" she explains, everyone nods acknowledging the new information.

"So you're saying it's not doing it on purpose?" Sierra asks, Mali and Harry nod.

"Okay, we could check that" Liam shrugs.

"We have a new plan then. Catch the wolf, find out what's going on and then turn the goddamn barrier on again" Michael sums it up.

"Right, let's get onto that. Niall you work on finding out its location, Sierra contact Charlie and ask him if someone ran away from the tunnel just in case. Mali and Liam figure out what's happening with the wolf, others help how they can" Calum orders and everyone gets to their jobs. Liam goes to Niall's room and grabs another computer, he sits at the table and gestures for Mali to come sit next to him. Luke, Harry, Sarah and Crystal go over to the other end of the room to search on the third computer, specifically local cameras of Busselton, since Louis could get you the access to them.

"Ashton, Michael come with me to the station, we're gonna try and get every information about the victims that have been killed so far. Maybe there's a pattern" Louis tells the two guys, they jump straight to it going out. Calum and you were with Niall trying to figure out how to find out the location.

***

"Right there" you point to the screen.

"Yeah, and then he runs off as if nothing happend" Niall addresses. You had the TV turned on just in case more news come to you. The other victims have been addressed two hours later, they all lived close to the attack that's been filmed, there was no killing pattern it seemed. They all had one thing in common, none of them were food, they were killed for fun.

"I can't figure it ou,t damn it" Calum says frustrated. The rest of the group was working too, seems like Liam and Mali have made the best progress so far. Sierra joined the other group, after she talked to Charlie about everything, Ashton, Michael and Louis came back and gave you dossiers about the victims. They were different age and were in no way, shape or form connected.

"So if we locate the neighbourhood right here it's in that street and then there's one more person who hasn't been attacked yet" Niall explains.

"Can you find out their name or something?" Calum asks hopeful. Niall nods opening another file expertly.

"Jordan Thompson, age 27, lives alone. Works in a shop, has no sign of relatives close" he says.

"Well, that's just another random person from the list" you say, sounding disappointed.

"But why didn't the wolf kill him?" Calum questions, you stare at him for a few more seconds before Niall speaks up.

"Harry come here for a second" he says and Harry is there in a matter of seconds.

"What's up?" he asks casually.

"Do you still have that list from Zaine that said how many werewolves live in human world?" Niall questions. You and Calum shared a glance, understanding where he was going with this.

"I'll check, I think it's downstairs" Harry says and leaves to go there immediately.

"You think he's a werewolf?" Calum asks, you thought that he is.

"I'm positive, he seems too familiar" Niall answers. Harry comes back shortly with a giant registar, that was quick.

"This is it, what do you need it for?" he asks.

"We've got something I think. I just need to check something" Niall explains, Harry smiles and gives a thumbs up then returns to his place next to Crystal. Niall flips thorough the pages and then lands on the letter J.

"There" you point to the picture, being good at recognition.

"Jordan William Thompson, age 19, Busselton, Australia" Calum reads as his eyes widen.

"That's him, just eight years younger" Niall confirms.

"And in this registar you're sure are all the werewolves that live in the human world?" you ask to double check.

"Yes, I know that" he reassures you.

"Right then, we've come to the conclusion this wolf has the intention of only hurting humans" Calum starts.

"And he maybe didn't attack Jordan because he saw him shift so that means-" Niall says, but you finish his sentence instead.

"If we go and meet Jordan he will know who the mystery wolf is and maybe even why he's doing this".

"Bingo" Niall smirks.

"Woohoo we figured something out! Let's see what the others have" you happily say, the three of you get up and go over to Liam and Mali who have moved to the couch.

"Have anything guys?" Calum asks the two.

"Yes we do actually. We are sure that the wolf didn't want to do this on purpose" Mali says and Liam chimes in

"We've looked at all the behaviour changes between him and a normal wolf. His body went straight for the kill, yet he was pulling back, at least on the last victim. Crystal showed us the other footage, on the others he went for it" that's very indecisive.

"Very strange" Niall comments.

"Tell me about it" Mali adds, massaging her temples.

"Well, we have this so far-" you tell them everything about your discovery.

"So we're sure that it knew what it was doing?" Liam asks and everyone nods.

"At least for now..." Calum says.

-

"Do you guys have anything?" Mali asks Sarah, Crystal, Luke, Harry and Sierra.

"Yeah, you have to see this. Actually Lou, Mike, Ash come here" Sarah says, she shouts when she calls the guys since they were downstairs. Everyone was waiting for the video to start and it showed another attack, this one more bloody...

"Pause" Crystal said, Harry paused it and then Luke pointed to the silhouette in the back.

"That's a person there and they're not getting attacked" Luke explains.

"Well, maybe it wasn't focused on that person, just on the other one?" Ashton tries to put some sense into it.

"That's what I said, but then we researched the others and look" Harry says, switching the video. In all of them was either a shadow or the same silhouette, but he was never getting attacked.

"What can this mean?" Michael asks, but everyone stays silent, thinking for a moment.

"I'm not sure..." Sarah says with furrowed brows.

"Guys I think that's enough for today, maybe we'll have something new to work with tomorrow" Calum addresses, seeing the toll this took in everybody.

"You're right, we should take a break. All of us" Liam agrees. After that everyone went different directions, some to the kitchen, others to their rooms, some even on the balcony. Later on everybody knew what you had figured out. Jordan Thompson is the only one who wasn't killed in the neighborhood, there's a silhouette in all the videos and Charlie said that noone escaped from the tunnels. You were left to think, hopefully something will come up tomorrow, since you will pay a visit to Jordan.

***

Here you were once again, late at night with Crystal and Liam. You can't keep doing this if it leads to nothing.

"Listen, I know you didn't tell them today because of what happend, but tomorrow first thing in the morning-" you said when she cut you off.

"I'll break it down to them, I know" she says calmly. You and Liam smiled at eachother, both shocked.

"Thank God" Liam sighs, making Crystal chuckle.

"Guess that for a tango really does take two" she concludes.

"You have a great partner" you smiled. So everybody stayed there for a little longer, enjoying the peace and quiet. A total opposite of what's going to happen tomorrow...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 394 27
The boys were living in the woods, going through their days without much worrying. Of course there was the latest member of their pack, who still had...
42.5K 1.2K 35
SEQUEL TO BROKEN Every time life seems to be going well something has to interrupt the fun, and this time hell is speeding towards Calum and Maddie l...
70.9K 2.7K 50
The universe has a funny way of making strangers appear in your life repeatedly when it's time for them to become a piece to your story. For Calum th...
26.2K 600 49
When Calum Hood and Amelia Evan's paths cross, little did they now the roller coaster ride they were going to experience. With love, distance, heartb...