Just A Friend (Adrienette)

By Feathecat_184

"Marinette? She's just a friend." Adrien and Marinette were best friends since they were kids. Marinette had... More

🐞1🐱
🐞2🐱
🐞4🐱
🐞5🐱
🐞6🐱
🐞7🐱
🐞8🐱
🐞9🐱
🐞10🐱
🐞11🐱
🐞12🐱
🐞13🐱
🐞14🐱
🐞15 (Part 1)🐱
🐞15 (Part 2)🐱
🐞15 (Part 3) THE END🐱

🐞3🐱

2.8K 45 96
By Feathecat_184

(Photo not mine)

Adrien’s Point of View

“Someday, Ladybug will love me,” I whispered to myself as I watched Ladybug vanish.

Once she was gone, I went home.
I came in to the window of my room silently, not wanting my bodyguard to hear me coming in.

“Claws in,” I whispered and my transformation drop off, revealing my lazy kwami, Plagg.

He flew in front of me, asking for camembert. I threw him a piece of camembert from my pocket and he ate it happily. I thought he had enough but, then, Plagg went to the closet full of camembert and threw more to his mouth. I thought for a moment. Does Plagg knew Ladybug’s identity?

“Plagg, I will give you camembert twice before and after I transform into Chat Noir if you will answer my question honestly.”

“What is it kid?” He asked while munching his stinky camembert.

“Do you know Ladybug’s identity?” I asked. Out of the blue, I heard him choke.

“W-What?! N-No, kid! I told you from day one, nobody must know your identities even you two. It’s for your own good, Adrien,” he replied.

“Oh really? But, if you tell me, I'll make twice to thrice the camembert I gave you before and after I transform~~”

“Really?” He said as his eyes sparkled.

“Yes, I’m not kidding.”

Plagg loves camembert. I knew it! And he won’t resist to answer my question just for camembert cheese!

“Hmmmmmm… Let me think about that… well, okay, I will tell you.”

My eyes sparkled and I was full of excitement. Finally, I’ll know who Ladybug is!

“Yes! Yes! Okay, now, who is Ladybug behind the mask?”

My kwami took a deep breath “She is--” He was cut off when someone knocked from the door and green smoke came out from Plagg’s mouth.

“Adrien? Are you there?” A familiar voice asked.

“O-Oh! Uh….Y-yeah father! I’m right here!”

“Hide Plagg!” I whispered and my kwami flew and hid under my shirt.

“Come in, father.”

The door opened, revealing my strict father, Gabriel Agreste. There was one time Ladybug suspected my father was Hawkmoth because of the butterfly designs inside our house and also in my father’s designs but, that doesn’t prove that he’s Hawkmoth, right? Maybe Father had an obsession to butterflies and I didn’t know about it. Then, later after that, my father was akumatized into the Collector so it can’t be him.

“Adrien, may I ask you something?” he asked and sat down on the sofa.

I walked towards the sofa and sat beside him. “Yes, father, what is it?”

“Who were you talking to earlier? That someone who knew who is Ladybug behind the mask?”

Uh-oh. What should I say? Think Adrien! Think!

“I’m talking to… um… uh….”

“Adrien, are you keeping a secret from me?” he asked.

I started to sweat but, luckily, I finally know what to say.

“I was talking to myself… wondering who’s Ladybug behind the mask because… I uh… I’m a big fan of Ladybug!” I lied but, hey! I also told half the truth! “And… I was thinking of a person who may know who she is behind the mask.”

“Wow, kid, your lying skills had just increased,” Plagg whispered.

Oh please! Shut up, Plagg! If only I could shush him in front of my father!

My father suspiciously stared at my ring for almost two minutes--yes I counted-- and after that, he stood up.

“I now know your secret,” he said, looking directly at me.

Does he know?

“I didn’t thought that my son is a big fan of Ladybug and Chat Noir. Also, I didn’t notice your ring before, Adrien. You and Chat Noir have the same hair color. I see… ” he continued.

“Goodbye, Adrien.”

After that, he walked away, both hands behind his back and closed the door.

I calmed myself first before turning into Plagg.

“That’s a close one, kid,” Plagg said, getting out of my shirt.

“Yeah and he suspected my ring… and my hair color,” I said. “Wait, Plagg, is he suspecting that I’m Chat Noir?”

Plagg shrugged. “I don’t know, kid, but, isn’t it also suspicious why in Earth would your father want to know who is Ladybug and Chat Noir behind the mask?”

My eyes widened but, I just shrugged when I thought of that. “Yeah, right? But, maybe my father is also a big fan of Ladybug and me.”

I crossed my arms. “Anyway, let’s go back to my question earlier. Who is Ladybug behind the mask?”

“I will only give you a clue because, if I will tell you that—” he was cut off when that green smoke earlier came out from his mouth again. “Also, if I will tell you or spell her whole name, you will freak out and realize something.”

I nodded. “Okay, I got it. Now, what’s the first clue?”

“Her name starts with ‘M’ and it ends with ‘E’. You can go outside tonight if you want.”

LATER THAT NIGHT…

“Alright! Plagg, claws out!” I yelled and I transformed into Chat Noir.

I jumped across the roofs and stopped at the place where I made a surprise for Ladybug months ago. And I was very sad when she didn’t came. Okay, I knew she already told me she’s going out with her friends but, still, I really was expecting her to come.

Luckily, after the akuma attack of Glaciator, she came and she told me that she doesn’t want to play for my feelings. She said that I’m more than just her partner… I’m her friend.

Just a friend.

Ladybug said there’s a boy that she loves so much but, she didn’t told me who it is because of this stupid rule of being a superhero… that we should not know each other’s identities.

I sighed. “Someday, Ladybug…”

I sat down and looked at the evening sky and back at Paris. I only have one girl in my mind that could be Ladybug.  It could be Mylène, my classmate.

Hmmmm…

But, wait, Mylene can’t be Ladybug!

She has been akumatized once and  Ladybug was there. Ugh! I’m really not good in guessing! Why can’t just Ladybug appear in front of me de-transformed?

The moment I thought of that question, I saw a girl with blue hair and bluebell eyes. She was looking at the evening sky. She looked like she’s in deep thought.

My heart sank. I never saw her like that before. I mean I saw her sad face before but, not like this, this one is like she really wants to cry. She looks like she’s hurt. I need to comfort my only princess.

Actually, I visit her sometimes here in her balcony as Chat Noir. And as days passed, I’m not just best friends with her as Adrien but, also as Chat Noir. I jumped above the roofs and landed behind her.

“Hey Purr-incess.”

She turned and rolled her eyes. “What are you doing here, Chat Noir?”

I smirked. “Nothing. Just visiting my Princess,” I said and stepped beside her so, I could really see her face.

“Why is my Princess sad?”

“Me? Sad? Pfft! You’re overthinking, Chat Noir,” she said and smiled but, I knew that’s a forced smile.

Marinette looked back at the evening sky, ignoring me. We were silent for a moment until, I broke it.

“Marinette, I have something to ask you,” I said. “I know this sounds crazy but, I want you to help me answer this question.”

She turned to me and nodded. She smiled. “What is it?”

“I’m just wondering… do you have any idea who Ladybug is?”

End of Chapter Three

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 412 37
"I almost lost you once because of my silence. I won't make that mistake again" What if Adrien realizes that he was slowly falling in love with Marin...
9.3K 338 29
Y/n Agreste, adoptive sister of Adrien and best friend of Luka Couffaine. She doesn't care about being perfect or doing what her father expects her t...
90.2K 2.7K 24
When Adrien turns 18 he finally finds out who Ladybug is and he can't wait to date her. Mari finally has the courage to tell Adrien how she feels. Th...
36.4K 1K 35
Start Date: February 19, 2021 End Date: June 30, 2021 Chat Noir never thought he'd find himself on Hawkmoth's side. Ladybug never thought her best fr...