Epiphany

De KelisAjanee

Trials and hardships are nothing new to Tiana, she's taken them on her entire life. Living in survival mode h... Mais

SUMMARY
CREDITS
EP:1
EP:2
EP:3
EP:4
EP:5
EP:6
EP:7
EP:8
EP:9
EP:10
EP:11
EP:12
EP:13
EP:14
Author's Note
EP:15
EP:16
EP:17
EP:18
EP:19
EP:20
Author's Note 2
EP:21
EP:22
EP:23
Story Schedule
EP:24
EP:25
EP:26
EP:27
EP:28
EP:29
Author's Note 3
EP:30
EP:31
EP:32
EP:33
EP:34
EP:35
EP:36
EP:37
EP:38
EP:39
Author's Note 4
EP:40
EP:41
EP:42
EP:43
EP:44
EP:45
EP:46
EP:47
EP:48
EP:49
CLOSING
Author's Note 5
New Book Announcement!
Novel Improvements
Exciting News

EP:50

1.4K 108 82
De KelisAjanee

Chapter 50

Tiana's Perspective

"Don't rush the process. Good things take time."-Unknown

•••••

LAVENDER flowers covered almost half of the space as white dresses and vails took over my eyesight. I could barely keep up with what was going on. Various girls rushed around the room with makeup brushes and hair dryers as Ally helped me pin my hair up. Today was finally the day of Faith and Monica's wedding. I wasn't a bridesmaid at first, but Faith insisted on saving me a place in her wedding. It was an exciting time but very frustrating. I had hardly eaten and I hadn't seen Owen all day because he was too busy getting ready helping to prepare stuff for the reception. The room was overly crowded and all I could smell was the fragrance of hairspray and vanilla perfume.

"I'm so excited I can't believe my girl is getting married!" Kacey bounced up and down in her seat as a woman tended to helping her with her makeup.

"All I know is this reception bout to be lit we gettin' my good sis drunk and horny as fuck on her wedding night." Ally continued helping me with my hair chuckling.

"Hey yall!" Sixty appeared in the dressing room with one heel on rushing inside. Her hair was nowhere near done.

"Sixty where the hell have you been girl the service starts in nearly thirty minutes," Kacey said.

"I know damn calm down I had to turn in an essay this morning."

"Then why is there a McDonald's bag in your hand?"

"Because I got hungry damn I'm not about to be starving like the rest of you hangry bitches."

"Whatever let's just hurry up because I don't want to hear Faith's mouth her emotions have been all over the place this morning." Kacey stood up from her seat wrapping her curling iron cord back up placing it inside of her purse.

Once everyone was done getting dressed we lined up inside the main building for the wedding. Faith's brother was paying for the function since her parents still weren't all the way on board with the wedding. We took turns walking in quietly as soft bridal music played throughout the background. When it was my time to walk out after Ally with a small bouquet in my hands the people seated out front were turned around watching us with owl eyes. I tucked in my lips continuing to gradually walk down the aisle trying not to slip and fall in my heels. My position up front was right next to Cierra we hadn't talked since the lake incident and I had no reason to converse with her anyway.

After Faith walked down the aisle shocking everyone with her gorgeous gown the ceremony began. While the pastor was talking Cierra whispered over to me.

"Tiana"

I sighed heavily before responding, "yes?"

"I just wanted to apologize for everything that had happened between us."

I didn't need or want her apology if anything she should have been apologizing to herself.

"You have nothing to apologize for Cierra."

Her face twisted up into confusion as I continued.

"You wanted to embarrass me and make a scene because of jealously but you only ended up shaming yourself. I'm over it, you should be too." I gave her a simple smile.

"Jealousy?" She looked taken back.

"Well, you wanted something that was never meant to be yours in the first place. A little advice good things come with patience, faith, and being a good person. Wait on your own blessing before trying to take someone else's but don't worry, it's all love."

I held my head higher turning back towards the direction of the pastor. She shot her mouth up looking around as if others had heard us. I met eyes with Owen in the crowd as he stood next to Kenny with his suit on looking handsome as ever. He licked his lips giving me a smile that made me light-headed a little. Yup, he was definitely my blessing.

Once the ceremony was over with most of the crowd headed over to the reception hall. We danced and partied as Faith and Monica celebrated their hearts out. I could tell Faith was still upset about her parents not showing up, but she was trying to keep a smile on her face for the sake of Monica.

"Even if they didn't show up I'm just glad I have all of my friends here to support me that's what matters the most." She said hugging all of us.

"Don't worry baby they'll come around one day they have too," Monica reassured.

"Man no disrespectful Faith but fuck them."

"Twon!" Kacey slapped him on the chest as he shrugged with a mean mug.

"I said what I said. You're their only daughter they could have showed up to support you getting married that's messed up and you can tell them I said that too."

"Thanks for trying to make me feel better Twon...I guess." Faith chuckled as we laughed shaking our heads.

"Where's Andre?" Owen asked holding me tight with a cup of Patron in his hands.

"He stepped outside something about a phone call," Monica said shrugging.

"You're drinking a lot tonight aren't you?" I teased Owen.

"Hell yeah it's a celebration baby plus I gotta keep my stamina up for you tonight cus we ain't goin to sleep." He winked slapping me on the ass.

"Owen!"

He laughed taking another sip of his drink. As we continued talking and dancing while 90's music played throughout the room Andre came back inside the building with a serious expression on his face. He bombarded through a group of people looking like the angriest man in the world. Before we had the chance to ask what was wrong he pushed through us headed directly in Kenny's direction. Kenny looked up a little too late because before we knew it Andre's fist was connecting with his jaw.

      He punched Kenny multiple times as Owen and Twon tried pulling him up off of Kenny's body. All of the ladies stood back with other guests watching what was taking place. Owen and Twon finally got Andre up off of Kenny. Owen pushed him back across the room trying to get him to calm down.

"Get off him man! What the fuck is wrong with you dawg?" Owen asked still pushing Andre back, but his eyes never left Kenny who was stunned wiping his bloody nose.

"Nah let me have at his triflin' ass," Andre replied.

"What the fuck is goin on why you punchin' me and shit man!" Kenny yelled back as Twon tried holding him back as well.

"Why don't you ask Ally why the fuck I punched you dawg! That's low down as fuck my baby sister really?"

Ally's eyes grew big as ever as I had finally caught on to what was taking place. Andre had found out.

"Pause, somebody explain what the hell is goin on?!" Faith yelled obviously becoming embarrassed by the scene that had taken place.

"This is my fucking business Andre you have no right to do this!" Ally walked over to Andre in a hurry pushing him in his chest back and forth.

"Your business? Well since it's all your business did you know I'm cool with Kenny's baby momma and she trynna beat yo ass for sleeping around with this man while he's supposed to be watchin' his child." Andre yelled in front of Ally as everyone gasped.

Ally turned around aiming her eyes at Kenny, "you have a child?"

"Honestly it's neither one of yall business. Ally, you made it very clear I was just a dick appointment I don't owe you that type of information." Kenny was becoming more upset.

"Aye, you keep talkin' like that imma forget we friends and beat yo ass down in this bitch again," Andre warned.

"Man forget all that. I knew this shit was too much to deal with to begin with, you can't control who she bust it open for nigga remember that. Whether I'm yo homie or not I don't tolerate bullshit like this. Faith and Monica I'm sorry about everything but I gotta bounce." He moved out of Twon's way heading for the door.

"Nigga she didn't get herself into this mess alone. Maybe you need to check yo females before fuckin around with other folks."

Kenny ignored Andre walking out of the building.

Ally looked defeated looking around the room in shame.

"Really Andre all of this? We could have talked about this in private but instead, you wanted to make a scene like always. You just got into it with one of your best friends over this bullshit, congratulations." She shook her head walking off bumping shoulders with him on the way out.

"Man go apologize to Kenny, yall too close for this childish bullshit," Owen said pointing towards the door.

"I ain't apologizin' for shit he knows what he did was dead wrong and I don't need you to tell me what to do nigga." He shoved his index finger in Owen's chest walking off.

"Stubborn nigga," Owen shook his head turning back towards the direction of us.

"Uh well carry on," Faith said to the other guests after telling the DJ to hurry up and play some more music.

Soon people were back minding their own business and enjoying one another's company.

"Well that was interesting," Monica said giggling.

"Hold up Kenny was fuckin' Ally the whole time how the fuck did we miss that?" Twon asked with his eyebrows in a frown.

"I don't know that nigga was on hush mouth like a mothafucka," Owen said chuckling with Twon.

"You think Andre cool though?"

"He'll come around that nigga just in one of his moods right now."

I took a sip of my punch slowly shaking my head. Owen observed me nudging my arm.

"What?"

"You knew didn't you?" He whispered chuckling at me.

"No," my voice became higher as I ignored eye contact sipping my punch.

"Quit lyin girl Kenny gets quiet as fuck when he comes around you not to mention you and Ally talk about every got damn thing."

"Alright fine, she didn't tell me I caught them in the act."

He pulled me over to the side smiling, "what? Why you ain't tell me?"

"Because it wasn't my business, I just wanted to stay out of it."

"You still could have told me." He fake pouted as I rolled my eyes giggling.

"Then Andre would have known the next day."

"Girl, I can keep a secret what you talkin' bout?"

"Right"

"Come dance with me?" He took my cup from my hand sitting it down dragging me out onto the dance floor.

"Why?" I teased.

"Because I want an excuse to rub on yo ass."

I walked back to my position by the table, "Tia, aight I'm sorry, I'm just playin' come dance."

"Owen stop playing with me." I folded my arms following him.

"I'll chill out." He chuckled.

He threw his hands around my waist swaying me to the music as I tried my hardest to keep a smile off my face. Gosh, I loved everything about this man. We all have flaws but it was damn sure hard to decipher his imperfections. I tilted my head placing it on his shoulder as a slow song started to play.

"Do you ever think about your life if you would have never met me?" I asked gathering his attention.

He waited for a long time before responding.

"No, not really."

"Why is that?"

"Because there is no time to think about life without you. You're always on my mind Tia."

"You're just saying that." I blushed.

"No, I mean that shit. If you would have never come to Savannah I would have never met my best friend and lover or even knew that she existed out there."

I held onto him even closer fighting back the joyful tears.

"You changed my life Owen," I whispered in his ear.

"And you changed mines Tiana."

We continued dancing feeling on top of the world. Life comes at you full force and every decision you make has its consequences, I guess mines were for the better.

I had made the right decision regardless of it all.

50
Kelis Ajanee
All Rights Reserved
EPIPHANY
FINAL CHAPTER

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

8.9K 524 36
Driven by artistic passion and a longing for change, Clovel boldly uprooted his life, moving to California to break free from the stagnant cycle and...
45.6K 1.9K 35
Years after Heaven's death, her daughter is now a junior in high school and the splitting image of her. It's Kamora's world everyone is just living i...
189 23 8
A young girl struggle with love , her sanity and family.
685 6 12
Dreams a party animal to say the least, a wild card, someone that's always down for whatever whenever. But she's also the queen of getting her get ba...