Time in a Tree (All Might x R...

By smolestkohai

we've all got secrets. prime all might - welcome to the slowest of slow burns https://spoti.fi/2YMLqlp art cr... More

Chapter I - Greyday
New Girl
Turn
Friend Like Me
Make Time
Spare Time: Cherry's Tree
Trading Cards
Tell Me
Vampyr
Reunion
Spare Time: Tenders with Tauros
Bianca
Fortuity
Collimate
Descant
Dรฉsolรฉe
Your Name
Spare Time: Your Time
Dawn
Panini
Pomegranate
Betoken
Simmer
Spare Time: Naegi
Blunder
Spare Time: Hello There
Chapter II - Prelude
Happy New Year
Bud
Bloom
Assay
Furtive
Spare Time: Unveil
Sanguine
Melee
Ill
Hey, You
Spare Time: Excuse Me, What?
Snag
Ameliorate
Thief
Off the Moon
Spare Time: Strike
Special I: Forget Me Not
Chapter III: Anubia
Conspectus
Prognosticate
Spare Time: Gift
Omurice
Home Too
Violet
Spare Time: uwu
Cozen
Divulgence
Benediction
Welcome Back
Tacenda
Premonition
Preoccupied
Foil
Spare Time: Your New Name
Drag
Surreptitious
Spare Time: Sangwho?
Phok
Slip Up
Lament
Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered
Special I Part II: Loves Me Not
Special I Finale: Touch Me Not
betabitch
Chapter IV: Fin
Pretty Little Bluff
Equilibrium
Quiescence
Hey Jewelii!
Betrothal
Spare Time: Abrupt
Familiarity
Entendre
Masticate
Spare Time: Snacks
Pantera
Sojourn
Superfluous
Irredeemable
Cloudgate
Retrograde
Book One Finale: Desideratum
Time in a Tree Book Two: Gifts from Kane
Book II Chapter I: Discountenanced

Arcadia

3.1K 172 140
By smolestkohai

This...this was different. You stood outside of the apartment, phone in hand as you read over the directions you were sent. Definitely a surprise, anyone else would've just sent the location. You knew the general area of where he was sending you. You glanced at your car, your hip resting against it. 

It's faster to go by train, but we're already starting kinda late, so it may be safer to take the car. You sighed. But I've got a ton of stuff in the back seat, it looks junky. You pocketed your phone and pulled your blankets and pillow from the seats, stuffing them in the trunk. That solves that, but it's still faster to take the train...and he's expecting me not too long from now. Fuck, it I'll do both

You hopped in and drove to the nearest station. You checked the times as you walked in, opting for the all women's train times, for serial killer purposes. Not to say they couldn't be a she, this would cut the risk at least.

You got off the train and followed the directions to your meeting spot. I've seen this before. Your trail leading you down a sidewalk, a high hedge your companion as it made every turn around every corner you took. A break in the greenery arched high above your head. You glanced at your directions. Well this has gotta be it. 

A cemented staircase waited for you. The smell of citrus filling your nostrils as you ascended. Kinmokusei towering over you as they guided you on your way. Their little orange petals decorating the incline. Okay, Might. You checked again for directions as you came to a break in the stairs. A platform that didn't seem too out of place, like a spot to rest if the trek had become a tad too much. This looks like a fork to me. It's just disguised as all hell

The fragranced trees beckoned you to continue following them up the stairs to your right. Might's list told you to veer left, and so you did. You maneuvered through a cluster of the Kinmokusei, the flowers parting to reveal trees brandishing their reds and greens. They lined your new path made of cobblestone. You thanked yourself mentally for not actually wearing heels, the stones under you were neat but not level. The sunlight just barely peeked through the canopy. Angular sunspots swayed in the wind, wiping over you and the promenade.

In the near distance, beyond the raining leaves, there was a fountain. It stood tall and spewed happily as you approached. Stepping out onto its clearing, the sun's beams assaulted your eyes. You shielded them with your hand, turning away to see - "Oh my-"

All the colors you met previously and more met your gaze. Rusting maple dancing near sturdy black pines that found their homes snuggly between boulders. Strong and old roots grown through and around their bases. You were elevated just high enough to see some of the winding path that ran through spouts of Kochia in green shrubbery, the moss that lined a tease of a pond and its bridge that led to more flora. Little tufts of pink waved at you from far and near in the cool breeze. Cosmos had seemed to have found their place where they saw fit. 

Something tugged you towards the path down, a guttural feeling that dragged you towards the broad steps that led to the paradise before you. The potted chrysanthemums that lined your path sang hymns of the peace you'd find once you took repose under the pines and let the maple leaves do the same in your tresses.

You took one step down, your other foot dragging behind you. No... You retracted, stepping back up. He said he'd be at the fountain. I wouldn't want him to think I got lost.  Your long sleeve, velvet dress was keeping you relatively warm in the cooling weather, you turned around scanning the area, noticing the browning bamboo that encased the small courtyard.

Where is he? You took a few steps for a better view. Dude is like seven feet, it should not be this hard. Your phone buzzed.

Behind you

Popped up on your screen. Whipping around you saw a silhouette distorted by the fountain's water. "Hello!" You chimed, seeing the one you were searching for. "You found me." You met halfway around and tucked your phone away. So casual. You took note of his simple attire. Almost black tailored jeans, a plain white v-neck, and dressy brown shoes.

"You look lovely." Might leaned in some. Why does he smell so nice? Smells like a husband. "Oh! Thanks." You broke eye contact, turning away. "You look nice, too." The sudden warmth in your gut was less than appreciated at the moment. "Did you just get here?" You asked. "No." Might shook his head. "What?" You turned back. "I'll admit I was stalking you this time."

Your lip turned up. I take it back, he smells like a stalker. "In my defense, I was already here. You looked right at me." He laughed. "Why didn't you say anything?"

"I didn't want to interrupt what you were focused on." The blonde stated. "Do you like what you see?"

"It's beautiful." Your eyes crawled to the scenery, soon followed by your head. "Are you ready to go down, then?"

"As ready as I'll ever be." You answered. "Lead the way."

You walked in silence, save for the rustling of the leaves. Your fingertips brushed against the tips of the red bushes and your palms were tickled by the petals of the autumn cherry blossoms. Following, at Might's side, the serpentlike, grassy path to the pond.

"It's gorgeous out here." You paused as the two of you crossed the stone bridge. You stood watching the numerous oil painted koi swim freely below you. "Do you frequent this place?" You asked. It was such a large garden, one you hadn't heard of and yet it was definitely the best you'd ever seen. 

"Somewhat. I'd definitely like to be here more." There was something off in his voice when he said that, you wished you'd been looking at him when he answered. You leaned gently on the railing, still watching the fish. The ones with porcelain scales reflected the autumn colors that fell onto the water's surface. "Is it too early for me to say the same?"

"Not at all." Might leaned with you. "I know there's more to see, but I'm happy here for the moment." You said softly. "Take your time."

After getting your fill of koi watching, you stood straight. "Where to next?" You asked. "I'll let you decide." The hero watched you think. "Hmmm." You pursed your lips as you looked around. "There." You pointed to a black pine that seemed to be the staple of the garden. 

You started walking, Might pushed off the railing and followed you over to the massive tree. You took a seat on one of the larger rocks. It sat low to the ground, it's smooth surface surrounded by mums of all colors. The blonde rested off to your side. Another breeze came winding in, a maple leaf making itself comfortable on your temple in an dry thwack. Might let out a barely audible snicker as you peeled it from your skin. "This one's pretty." You pinched at its bronzed tips.

"Look this way." Might called to you. "Hm?"

Click.

"Might!" You gasped.

Click "Did I do something wrong?"

"Stop!" Laughter took you while you tried to snatch away his phone.

Click. "Stop what?" Damn those long arms! "Stooop." You opted to cover your face.

Click. "I don't understand what you mean. What am I stopping?" A hand pulled at your wrists gently, removing your little defense.

Click. "Might nooooo!" You turned away, still laughing.

Click. "I don't get it!" He shot in front of you.

Click. "Perfect." Might pulled back into himself.

"Let me see!" You leaned in. "After I set your contact photo." Might tapped away at his phone, then finally turned it to you. "Really?" You tilted your head. The photo caught you mid laugh, a hand on your chest, and a mess of petals in your hair. "Really." He confirmed. "This is the best one."

"I wanna see the others." You poked his side. "I'll be keeping those for blackmail." He put his cell away. "Blackmail? Might, that's so out of character!" You teased, he gave his hearty stage laugh. "Would you rather me stay in character, young lady?" His chest was puffed and he smiled wider than ever. "No thanks." You came closer, pushing up on his knee to reach eye level. "Bring back my Might please."

"Who exactly is your Might?" An eyebrow raised at you and his chest lowered. "I'm not sure yet...but he's here now." You read his eyes, watching as they softened. "You don't get to be yourself very much, do you?"

"What makes you say that?" Might questioned. "You're two different people..." You began. "You're a hero and then you're you. But that suit never really comes off does it, Might?" You broke eye contact, brushing back some of his stray hairs with your fingers. "It doesn't." He replied. "When was the last time you let your hair down?" You poked at his bang. "I know it doesn't grow like this." 

Why am I so close? Why doesn't he seem to mind?  "It's down in the shower." Might sighed. "That doesn't count, big guy." You countered. "I've got an appearance to keep." He gave a knowing look. "I know." You tested the waters, resting your arms on his shoulders to loosely lock him in place. 

"It's curly, isn't it?" You grinned, unknowingly biting your lip. "Maybe." His answer made you giggle. "I knew it." You whispered and eyed the ends. "The sun's setting. We should go." Might set his hands on your arms, you retracted slowly and nodded. "Okay." He stood and extended his hand to bring you up with him.

"I had fun today." You stood back at the fountain, looking up at him. "I'm glad you enjoyed it." Might gave a kind smile.

"We should come back sometime." You took one last scan over the gardens as the sun set. "Of course we will. Whenever you'd like." He told you assuredly. "I'll see you later then?" You checked your phone. There was still plenty of time to make it to the station and then some. 

"I was wondering...if you'd like to extend our time together." Might shuffled. Extend?  "What do you have in mind, big guy?" Your eyes met his. "Are you hungry? I know a few nice places around here, if you'd let me treat you." You smiled softly. "Let's go."

I haven't seen very many people... You followed his lead to a Korean restaurant. There was no one at the garden and hardly anyone while we walked here. As you were taken to your seats, you scanned the building. 3, 4, 5 other people not counting staff. 

Either he's paid for the seclusion or.... he knows when and where to go to be left alone. You looked to Might across the table, his eyes already on you, flickering in the dim lighting. And he's sharing them with me. Even where you sat was private. Alone on the second floor, near a window with a gorgeous view of brightly lit buildings peeking from behind the trees.

When the waitress, an older woman, came for the orders she spoke with Might first. You were unfazed by the amount he was ordering, while you sat looking over the menu. Eats like a saiyan. It gave you enough time to decide what you wanted. 

"What would you like to eat ma'am?" She turned to you. For a short moment, you were dazed. She just took his order in fluent Japanese, but switched to English, heavily accented, for you. Well I am blatantly foreign. "Would you feel more comfortable speaking in your native tongue?" You asked seamlessly in Korean, her eyes went wide before she nodded aggressively. 

It was a little marinated pork dish you ordered, nothing fancy, but you'd become the bees knees in her eyes as she scurried off. You turned back to Might, his mouth slightly ajar and brows furrowed. You covered your mouth, hiding your smile. "Sun seng nim! What's wrong?" You giggled. "You speak Korean?" He asked, you nodded. "How fascinating." Might brought his forearms onto the table. "Is it?" You brought your hand down and an eyebrow up. "I'm a top tier nerd, sir. I have to be a polyglot."

"What else do you speak?" He asked. "English." You deadpanned, watching a lazy smile creep onto his face. "What else?" Might's chin rested in his hand. "Uh...I speak some Mandarin and Cantonese." You held up fingers as you listed. "A little bit of German, Spanish, Italian, French."

"Love languages." He interrupted. "There's nothing lovely about how French sounds to me." You swapped lingos. "That's too bad, it's one of my favorites...well, it was." Might replied in the same tongue with no effort. "Why do you say that?" You asked, turning off the European dialect.

"Bianca, she's from France." Oof. "Oh." You nodded. "She looks French...well..." You shrugged and reached across the table, grabbing hold of his arm. "You don't have to let what happened take that from you. It's already taken some peace of mind."

"I'm getting it back faster than expected." Might hummed. "Excuse me, sorry to interrupt!" The waitress returned with a bucket of burning coals. You snatched your hands back and watched as she lowered them into the table. "Thank you." You smiled and gave her a little bow as she finished.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.1K 1.1K 14
๐–ณ๐—๐—‹๐–พ๐–พ ๐—’๐–พ๐–บ๐—‹๐—Œ ๐—ˆ๐–ฟ ๐—๐—‚๐—€๐— ๐—Œ๐–ผ๐—๐—ˆ๐—ˆ๐—… ๐–ฟ๐—ˆ๐—‹ ๐–บ ๐—…๐—‚๐–ผ๐–พ๐—‡๐—Œ๐–พ ๐—๐—ˆ ๐—…๐–พ๐—€๐–บ๐—…๐—…๐—’ ๐—„๐—‚๐–ผ๐—„ ๐–บ๐—Œ๐—Œ. ๐–ฒ๐–พ๐–พ๐—†๐–พ๐–ฝ ๐—…๐—‚๐—„๐–พ ๐–บ ๐—€๐—ˆ๐—ˆ๐–ฝ ๐–ฝ๐–พ...
1.4K 84 26
๐‘Šโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก'๐‘  ๐‘–๐‘ก ๐‘™๐‘–๐‘˜๐‘’ ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘๐‘’ ๐‘ ๐‘Ž๐‘“๐‘’? ๐‘‡๐‘œ โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘ ๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘’๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘’ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘’ ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข...๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐‘–๐‘“ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘“๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘™...
3.9K 167 10
.หš แตŽโ”Šอ™โ—Ÿฬ†โ—žฬ† " ๐–ฆ๐–พ๐— ๐—๐—๐–พ ๐–ฟ๐—Ž๐–ผ๐—„ ๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—! " *๏ฝฅแฟพ แตŽโŒ‡ โบโ—ฆ Started: 02.09.21
433 59 18
Rewritten version of ๐’ฎ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“‡๐“‰โ„ฏ๐’น ๐’ฒ๐’พ๐“‰๐’ฝ ๐’œ ๐’Ÿ๐’ถ๐“‡โ„ฏ | BNHA {๐– ๐—…๐—… ๐–ฌ๐—‚๐—€๐—๐—} ______________________________________________ ๐‚๐จ๐ง๐ญ๐š๐ข๐ง๐ฌ: โ€ข...