Straight to the Punch (Yang X...

By CruderPlace13

After a successful universe save and an accidental universe hop, C wakes up to see a shattered Moon and he ju... More

Rewrite Announcement
Book 1: Cutting Threads Recap
Prologue
Chapter 1: Vale
Chapter 2: Beacon
Chapter 3: One of the Drunks
Chapter 4: The Cookie Monster of Remnant
Chapter 5: Caloric Overload
Chapter 6: It's time to D-D-Duel!
Chapter 7: Night On the Town
Chapter 8: Preparing for the Dance
Chapter 9: First Day on the Job
Chapter 10: The Dance
Chapter 11: First Mission
New thing
Chapter 12: Team RWBY vs C
Chapter 13: The Vytal Festival Begins
Chapter 14: A Dusty Old Qrow
Chapter 15: Team COLR Round 2
Chapter 16: Team RWBY vs. FNKI
Chapter 17: First Round of Finals
Chapter 18: The Fall
Chapter 20: Recovery (Lemon)
Chapter 21: Gifts
Chapter 22: The Return
Chapter 23: Grimm on a Train
Chapter 24: Journey to Argus
Chapter 25: Seeing Red
Chapter 26: Leviathan Stomper
Chapter 27: Death to the Wicked Witch
Epilogue
We now have a Discord server
Extra Chapter: Bloopers

Chapter 19: The Loss

261 9 3
By CruderPlace13

Thinking
Timeskip
POV Change

C POV

I suddenly have a cool chill pass through me as I have a flow of memories flash through me. I gasp and fall to a knee.

Ruby: C!

C: Imoto...I need to go! Find Weiss she is at the docks! Be safe!

I hug Ruby and take off to the cafeteria. Once there I see Yang shoot herself towards a guy with red hair and a red sword. I switch places with her and swing my arm at him. He cuts straight up as I fly past him. I land on my feet and slide to a stop.

C: Yang, get Arsenic and Blake to the docks.

Yang: Bu-

C: NOW!

She sighs and grabs Arsenic and Blake before bolting out.

C: Who the hell are you?

?: I'm the leader of the White Fang, Adam Taurus. You were a fool to challenge me especially with one arm.

Right on cue I let go of my right arm and it falls to the floor. It was perfectly severed at the shoulder and now I can't use lightning or time. It hurts, but I can't focus on it right now. If I do then this guy will just kill me and go after Yang, Blake, and Arsenic. I won't let that happen!

I look at the burning cafeteria around us and use the fire to create a new right arm. I then rush Adam and swing. He blocks it with his sword, but the force of my attack still sends him back. I the rush in and clash with him using Mortifier in it's shotgun mode. He pushes back, but he can't make me let up.

Adam: Why would you interfere?!

C: You were going to hurt Yang and my kid! I won't let them die! And until I know they are safe I refuse to die!

We break the clash and Adam disarms me. I go for a roundhouse, but he severs my left leg where the thigh meets the rest of me. Before I can even stumble the flames come over and make me a new leg. I get past Adam's defense and belt him one across the face, but then his scabbard then fires like a shotgun and hits me dead in the stomach. My aura kicked in protecting me, but Adam wasn't letting up. I made a quick shield out of space and deflected his next shot. I then took the scabbard and tossed it away. Adam dodges my left hook by ducking and then slicing my left arm off at the shoulder. I fall to the ground as I lose control over the flames. The flames rage and cauterize my open wounds, so on the plus side I'm not going to bleed out.  He then slowly goes over to pick up his scabbard. He walks back over to me like an animal would after it has caught it's prey.

Adam: Let's make you match.

He then cuts off my right leg. He ducks down and looks at me.

Adam: Filthy human scum.

C: Piece of bullshit.

He backhands me and I look back at him. I can't let him leave this place alive! Suddenly I feel a different kind of power flow through me. No it's not different it's time, space, and gravity all mixed together. They flow through the cafeteria pushing Adam down as everything else rises up.

Adam: WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!

C: If I die here so be it, but I will protect the ones I love, SO YOU'RE GOING TO DIE WITH ME!

I then lift up everything and pull it back down making the entire building collapse with one loud crash.

Narrator POV

Yang, Blake, and Arsenic are all at the docks when they hear a loud crash. Arsenic takes off towards that direction. Yang runs off after him. They both make it to the cafeteria, but when they get there they see Adam getting carried out by some White Fang. They run in and see the rubble. Arsenic lifts some of it using his powers and they see C barely conscious.

C: Hey guys...think you can give me a hand. I don't really have much of a leg to stand on.

Yang doesn't say anything and instead quickly picks him up and they all run back to the docks. Once there she sets C down and everyone sees him.

Blake: Oh my God. I'm so sorry.

C: Don't be.

Nora: Did you guys see Jaune or Pyrrha?

C: No. Where are Ruby and Weiss?

On cue they all see a red dash heading up the tower by running on some glyphs. The dragon Grimm then started curling itself around the tower. C suddenly has a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach and his fear is off the charts. One thought races through his head.

C: I can't let her get hurt.

C: Ruby.

C's eyes and mouth start leaking a black substance. He is then pulled into his shadow. He claws his way back out, but now he has skin black as the night and a white mask like face with red markings and yellow feline eyes. A long black tail sprouts from his lower back as cat ears appear on his head and long claws grow from his fingers and toes. He growls before rushing down and tearing through Grimm. He seems to be losing control until Yang walks up to him and takes his hand. He looks at her and his gaze softens. Yang hugs him and he rests his head on top of hers and gently hums. He then leans down and rubs his head under her chin like a cat. His skin changes to a bright red and the mask flakes off as C's eyes go white before he looks back at the tower. He turns back to Yang and places his forehead against hers.

C: Stay. Safe.

Yang: Okay. You go be a hero, Rockstar. Bring back my little sister, and if you die I'll kill you.

C nods and turns around as he does white feathery wings spread from his back. He takes off towards the tower. He slams into the Grimm dragon and starts slashing it with all he can muster. The dragon roars at him and tries to bite him, but he dodges it by flying upwards. It goes to chase him, but suddenly Ruby cries out as a bursts of silver energy engulf the area and she passes out. The dragon collapses back down onto the tower destroying it and Ruby starts falling. C dives down to catch her and once he has his arms around her he goes to fly, but in his weakened state he can't lift them both, so he throws out his wings to slow down his descent. The wings are impaled on several of the pillars that once held the tower. C and Ruby slide to a stop about twelve feet before hitting the ground, but now C is stuck holding Ruby tightly to himself. He sits there for a minute until the sound of rubble moving catches his attention. He growls menacingly hoping to scare off whatever it is, but out from behind the rubble comes Qrow and Yang.

Yang: Ruby! C!

Qrow runs up and goes to grab Ruby, but C out of reflex growls and holds her closer. Yang steps up and shushes him gently.

Yang: give her to Qrow C. And then we'll get you down.

C relaxes and holds out his arms for Qrow to take Ruby. He does and then Yang says what they're both thinking.

Yang: How do we get him down?

Qrow: The only way we can is to cut off his wings. Talk him down while I do it.

Yang: Okay. C this is going to hurt, but please we're only trying to help.

Qrow jumps up and quickly cuts off one wing. C howls in pain, but stops once Yang takes his hand. He instead starts whimpering like a hurt animal. Qrow takes off the other wing and C falls to the ground. Yang catches him and gently sets him down. She holds him tightly as he then loses the red aura covering him and reverts back to normal. He then goes limp as he passes out from exhaustion.

Timeskip brought to you by sadness

C opens his eyes and looks around. He sees that he is in a bed somewhere. Outside the window there are trees all decorated with beautiful autumn colors and judging by the sun it's probably morning. He looks to his left and sees Yang sitting in a chair asleep with her head on the bed and hair in her eyes. She was wearing some sweat pants and his yellow hoodie. He tries to reach out and move the hair, but he can't. He looks down and sees what the fall of Beacon costed him.

C: Damn that sucks, but Yang and Arsenic are alive. I've got more good out of this than bad, that's for sure.

C smiles as he sees a piece of Yang's hair move gently each time she breathes.

C: Hey Sunshine, it's looking pretty dark out right now. I could use some light.

Yang stirs a little, but doesn't get up.

C: Yang.

She sits up a little and looks at him with a very tired expression.

Yang: Hey, Hot Stuff....

She suddenly bolts up and looks at him like she was never even tired at all.

Yang: C, YOU'RE AWAKE!!

She jumps forward and wraps her arms around him tightly. A sudden pain shoots through him as he wishes he could return the embrace.

Yang: I knew you would pull through.

C: That makes one of us. I thought for sure I was gonna die a couple of times back there.

Yang: Well you didn't. You're alive and that's all that matters.

C: What about everyone else? Arsenic, Ruby, Weiss, Blake?

Yang: Calm down. The team is alive, but not in the best of places.

C: What do you mean?

Yang: Ruby and Arsenic are both downstairs eating breakfast with my dad. Weiss's father took her back to Atlas and Blake ran away.

C:...Well most of us lived. It could have came out a lot worse.

Yang: Could it? Look at you. You're entire life was practically ripped away from you. I mean you don't have any limbs! And Pyrrha-

Yang stops as tears fall from her eyes.

C: I know, Yang. I know.

She cries into his chest with her arms wrapped tightly around him and he rests his head on hers to comfort her. After a few minutes she stops and sits up. She lays down beside him with her head his chest. The door opens and Qrow steps inside before closing the door behind him.

Qrow: Hey looks like you're up.

C: Looks like it.

Qrow: I just wanted to say thank you for saving both of my nieces. It's a shame what happened to well everyone, but you really got shit on here kid.

C: Maybe. Maybe not. I'm still drawing breath, so that has to mean something.

Qrow: Oz did say he saw a positive spark in you. He was right for choosing you. You're a natural leader and inspire hope. That's definitely something the world will need now.

With that Qrow leaves, but not before making sure that the two in the bedroom here him shout something to the people downstairs.

Qrow: Hey Big guy is awake.

C and Yang hear footsteps race upstairs and Ruby and Arsenic both burst into the room and hug C.

Universe FOT

Someone is seen driving a motorcycle before slamming the brakes and sliding to a stop. He pulls out his phone and calls a number.

?: Did you guys feel that?!

...

?: Alright I'm heading to Universe REM now!

He guns the gas, makes a portal, and drives through it.

?: Just you wait you time stopping son of a bitch. Ohma is going to bring you home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 22 12
Note this is my first story I will improve as time goes on so don't mind a few mistakes here and there also I own nothing Rwby is owned by rooster te...
8.6K 270 31
RWBY. A world about four amazing girls attending a prestigious academy, who's sole purpose is to train the next Huntsmen and Huntresses to fight off...
424 19 6
Y/n loves his family. So much so that he is willing to be put in the line of the huntsman's eyes for them. But when the time comes he will have to ma...
64.5K 1.3K 36
Story of Ruby Rose with her team RWBY. Crappy life to become huntresses, as well as stuck in love conflicts. *RWBY OWNED BY ROOSTER TEETH*