Together, Never (Sanders Side...

بواسطة CinnamonAngstRoll

[Complete] CherryWood Highschool. First day of senior year. In an average Wisconsin town, Virgil Sanders just... المزيد

Chapter 1: Start of a new day of misery
Chapter 2: New School, Different Me
Chapter 3: I still don't like him
Chapter 4: Tattoos and Nightmares
A/N
Chapter 5: Studying and Suspicions
Chapter 6: Ice cream helps
Chapter 7: Trust
Chapter 8: Panic Slushies
Chapter 9: Bonfire Celebrations
Chapter 10: Ashes, ashes and the hoodie is gone
Chapter 11: Fight for him
Chapter 12: Don't get too close, I'm 'toxic'
Chapter 13: Escape
Chapter 14: Not so dumb
Chapter 15: Uh oh, feelings
Chapter 16: Hair despair and audio repair
Chapter 17: Friends again
Chapter 18: Threats and Love
Chapter 19: Plans
Chapter 20: Just ask him already
Chapter 21: Is my life a musical?
Chapter 22: The Winter Dance
Chapter 23: (snow) storms are approaching
Chapter 24: Hello again, Dr. Picani
Chapter 25: Tis' the season, but it's not all that jolly
Chapter 26: Gifts and Visits
Chapter 27: Hold on, I need to see where tf karma is
Chapter 29: Heartbreak
Chapter 30: Back with him
Chapter 31: Pep rally
Chapter 32: Prank turned blackmail
Chapter 33: Confused and in a group project
Chapter 34: Freedom
Chapter 35: Reconnect
Chapter 36: Together
Chapter 37: Set in motion
Chapter 38: Isn't it obvious?
Chapter 39: Salti Ice Cream
Chapter 40: Secrets secrets are no fun
Chapter 41: April Fools but its not a prank
Chapter 42: Patton's Birthday
Chapter 43: Take care
Chapter 44: REVENGE
Chapter 45: Coffee needed
Chapter 46: Stress and Cartoons
Chapter 47: A birthday surprise
Chapter 48: Performance and Prom
Chapter 49: Finals Stress
Chapter 50: Done with Highschool, off to College!
Sequel is out!

Chapter 28: New years

904 57 9
بواسطة CinnamonAngstRoll

*Patton POV*

I was chosen to host the theater department's New Year's get together. We usually discuss things like our budget, how the last show went. what we can improve on and the next show. Normal stuff, most of it's boring. Not everyone shows up, too. We're lucky if we get more then three of the actors to come. I never really though New Year's Eve would be the best time to have this, but everyone else disagrees with me.

I asked Virgil to come to represent the sound booth, as I don't think Logan will be able to come. Roman and I are discussing what the next play should be as we're setting up.

"I think it should be something more modern. We just did Hamilton, and that was set way back when." I say.

"Yeah, but this is my senior play! My last one! I want it to be something special." Roman says.

"Maybe you should consult the other cast members first?" I suggest, "I bet Thomas would be fine with a fantasy-themed one." 

"Ooh! Yes! Fantasy! We can do a royal kingdom one!" He says.

"We did that two years ago, remember? That's where you got your prince suit." I point out.

"True," Roman says, "Now what about a Disney mash-up? Maybe something similar to Shrek, the musical, but it Disney characters instead of fairy tale ones." 

"That could be good. Make a note of that one and we can bring it up with the others. Can you hand me the duster?" I ask.

He looks around for it.

"Can't find it." He says.

"Well that's dust our luck!" I say.

Roman laughs and then I hear the doorbell ring. I go to answer the door.

*Logan POV*

Several days have gone by. Today is New Year's Eve. My parents have lifted my grounding on the condition that whenever I go out, I have to be with Amy. Which pretty much means I'm still grounded.

Patton's having a small party for the theater department tonight. I convinced my parents to let me go without Amy. I finally have one free night. I might see Virgil there, too. At the thought of that, I go over to my dresser and comb my hair. I usually brush it to the side. I also grab the moon earring he gave me on Christmas. My ears aren't pierced, so I can't wear it. At least, not for it's intended use. That gives me an idea.

I knock on Christie's door.

"I told you, Dad, it takes more than three minutes to get ready!" She calls.

"It's not Dad," I say.

She opens her door.

"Hey Lo! What do ya need?" She asks.

"Do you have a plain bracelet chain?" I ask.

She nods.

"What color?"

"Silver."

She disappears into her room and comes out a minute later, holding exactly what I need. She hands it to me.

"Thank you," I say.

"Don't tell Mom and Dad. They don't think boys should have jewelry." She says.

I nod. Jewelry is one of the many banned things for boys in our house. I might just wear jewelry on my graduation day to spite them.

I go back to my room and try to figure out how to attach the earring to the bracelet. It can't be too hard, right? It's like a puzzle.

---

I arrive 10 minutes early so I can talk with Patton. I ring his doorbell and he opens the door.

"Logan! You came! I've missed you, kiddo!" He says excitedly.

"Lo's here?" He hears Roman call.

Patton encases me in a tight hug as Roman rushes over.

"Hey Lo! Looks like you're finally out and about." He says.

"Yeah, but not really, you see- Patton please let go, I can't breathe," I say.

It feels like he is crushing my ribs. But he does let go, and I catch my breath before continuing.

"I am, but this is one of my only exceptions. If I want to go out, my parents say I must be accompanied by Amy, to keep me in line." I explain.

Patton's smile drops a bit.

"Well, you're here tonight, let's make it count!" He says.

"I agree," Roman says.

*Virgil POV*

Everyone is downstairs, discussing theater stuff. Mostly what the next show will be. I'm upstairs, getting a drink when Logan comes up. Going downstairs is a little tricky for me because I'm on crutches from Christmas.

"Hey," I say.

"Salutations," He says.

I see he's wearing the moon earring on a bracelet. He sees my crutches.

"What happened?" He asks.

"Oh, just an 8-foot drop onto a rock." I say, "No big deal."

"You say that like you have had worse injuries." Logan comments.

I shrug. I fill up the cup I have in my hand.

"Maybe I have, maybe I haven't."

I haven't. But I like to seem mysterious.

"When did this happen? Are you sure you are ok?" Logan asks.

"Chill, I'm fine. It happened-" I pause.

Pat and Roman didn't want me to tell him, because of his possible reaction. But I think I should be honest with him.

"On Christmas. Right after we left." I say.

"And I am just finding out about this now because?" Logan asks.

"You're gonna have to ask the others on that. It's their logic, not mine." I say, sipping on my water.

Logan looks annoyed.

"Yes, their logic tends to be more flawed." He says.

"So," I say, "Did you sneak out or convince your parents to let you out?" I ask.

"Convinced them." He says.

"How?" I ask.

He tenses up a little. He doesn't want me to know.

"You don't have to tell me." I add, seeing his expression, "I'm just glad you're here."

Logan smiles.

"Me too."

I'm suddenly aware of the few inches of space between our faces.

"Logan," I say.

"Virgil," he says, in the same tone.

I wrap my arms around his neck. I never realized how much shorter I am compared to him. He lifts me up a bit, and I am on the tips of my toes.

I hear the doorknob turn. We quickly separate, just as the door opens. The person was Thomas.

"Hey, guys. Pat needs both of you downstairs, they're having another argument about our finances." He says.

Oh great, finances. The most exciting thing ever. Logan nods, and walks over to the door.

"Hey, so um, how am I supposed to get down there?" I ask.

Thomas shrugs and Logan thinks for a minute. He then walks over to me and picks me up.

"Hey!" I protest.

"You said you didn't know how to get down. Here's your solution." Logan says, smiling a bit.

"Fine. But you are not allowed to enjoy this." I say.

"I wouldn't dare." He says.

I guess I'm feeling fluffy today. Oh well, these guys need a break from the angst. But more angst will be coming, just you wait. I hope you enjoyed reading and feel free to leave any thoughts, theories, or feedback in the comments. Have a super day/night you magnificent peep!

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

29K 1.2K 30
Spain's a pirate captain who bought Romano on a slave trade in north Africa. Living with the Spanish captain makes Romano confused about his life and...
2.2M 70K 73
Eren Yeager x Reader Enemies to Lovers Slowburn (Some Jean x Reader) I do not own any of Attack on Titan, it belongs to Hajime Isayama, so the credit...
581K 35.3K 99
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
235K 5.8K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...