WHEN SHE LOVES [ONGOING]

Por Angel_A23

Rankings ✔ #6 breathtaking #6 Yoruba #2 projectnaija #6 igbo Jordan was sitting on the large chair in fr... Más

Authors Note.
~CHAPTER ONE~
Meet my characters
~CHAPTER TWO~
~CHAPTER THREE~
~CHAPTER FOUR~
~CHAPTER SIX~
Announcement
~CHAPTER SEVEN~
~CHAPTER EIGHT ~
~CHAPTER NINE~
~CHAPTER TEN~
~CHAPTER ELEVEN~
-CHAPTER TWELVE-
~CHAPTER THIRTEEN~

~CHAPTER FIVE~

578 132 271
Por Angel_A23

A/N: A big thank you to my readers, those who have been voting. I also read your comments. Thank you ❤

This chapter is dedicated to Teefabulous

***Jordan's POV***

I signed the last deal with Mr Harry on Sunday afternoon and I was glad the deal was over soon enough.

Traveling back to Lagos won't be a bad idea besides I had  no unfinished business and my private jet was readily  available so I just told Aaron to get everything set for the journey back.

The flight was an 8 hours  flight and I arrived Lagos by 10:18pm it was quite late though but Lagos was still bustling  as if the day had just started.

April was  sprawled on the bed sleeping peacefully on her side of the bed  when I got to my room.  She was putting on a silk sexy nightie with lace material embroided at  the chest side.

Her thighs were perfectly displayed making things difficult for me because I didn't  know how long I stood there and I didn't get tired despite that I had complained to myself earlier of being tired.

I entered  the closet to change into something comfortable, that was after a refreshing shower. I didn't bother to eat because I had earlier eaten with Aaron.

I laid  on my side of the bed but I unconsciously rolled over beside April.  Her hair smelt of strawberry and it assaulted my nostrils.  I rested my head close to her hair because the scent was now like an addiction.

I used the duvet to cover her up and stopped  at her shoulder level because her exposed thighs were screaming for my touch. I shifted  back to my side of the bed  and drifted off.

⚛⚛⚛

I woke up the next morning with April cuddled in my hands. Her head was resting on the crock of my neck while her hands were on my back.

I could still perceive the strawberry milkshake shampoo she used on her hair. I would have loved to remain in this position but I didn't want to have anything mutual, I know she is my wife but...

I released myself from her hold gently in order not to wake her up and I proceeded  to the bathroom to take a shower. After I was done, I walked into the closet and wore my sweat pants.

I was standing in front of the rearview mirror where April had arranged her cosmetics while scrolling through my phone as usual. A smug smile crept up to lips, realizing that she has settled in well.

She was now awake because I heard her groan. she pulled the duvet off and sat upright on the bed. My back was facing her but I knew her every move. One advantage of my intellectuality 

"Aaaaahhhh" that was her voice, why was she shouting? Before I could make out a question, I heard I ruffled steps as she ran to the other end of the room near the door to the closet. I could sense her panicking.

I turned around to face her but her gaze was down so I began to walk towards her direction but she was busy staring at my abs. hmm I smirked.

"Like what you see?" came my raspy voice, she flipped immediately but suddenly became calm and spared me a glance this time.

"Good mor..... in.. ng" she shuttered. I guessed she didn't have anything to say. I knew she was very much affected by our close proximity.

I smirked. I like that I created this impact on her. I placed my right hand on the wall behind her clearly interlocking her with me and I began to push back the strands of hair that were lying on her face.

Her skin was smooth as silk and I could feel her heart race at my touch.  She looked really vulnerable and could fall any moment.

"You look beautiful more in the morning" I smiled broadly but truly she was looking pretty, I give her that. 'having a pretty wife is nice tho' my subconscious said. I dismissed  the idea immediately
because women use pretty face as a camouflage. I walked into the closet leaving a confused April in her spot.

°~°

"Jordan can we talk?" April suddenly asked after moments of fiddling with her food.  We were already having breakfast of fried plantain and egg.

I wonder what she wanted to talk about but definitely not now. I have an early morning meeting.

"We would talk when I am back" I answered her and gulped the little water in my glass.  I saw the disappointment on her face and I wanted to just sit my ass down and listen to her instead I stood up and picked my phone from the table.

"Be of good behavior till am back and don't try anything funny " I needed to just remind her. She just kept nodding at everything I said. I left the dinning area and soon I drove out of the mansion.

*****APRIL'S POV****

I was sitting in the living room surfing the internet and I decided to visit my Instagram page it's been a while. I was earlier reading John Gray's Book, 'Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus'.

Don't ask me why I am reading this type of book, i am now married and I need all the help I can get.

If mum were alive, she would have helped me with one or two advice. I had picked the book from the library I found in the hallway.

Whoa!

I didn't know my followers on IG had reached 500k how? When? I mean the last time I checked I had 1.2k.

I didn't even hustle for followers like one of my classmates then in highschool, precious.

This girl actually bought followers and did crazy stuffs. I had like 1000 unread messages and  the ones I opened talked about my marriage with Jordan.

"Congrats Bitch!! "

"Wow! How did you do it? Like I have been over Jordan for a long time ."

"You are really a freaking bitch" all these insults for me.

"Abeg which of your village charms did you use?"

" how could he choose a naïve teenager over an actress?" please ask him that oo.

Whoa! Whoa! These messages are too much then now I get the logic behind 500k followers.

Like I know Jordan is really hot but I never knew the girls after him were this desperate and sassy. The bitch even asked me about my village charms ode

Curiosity led me to check their IG pages and I found out that  most of them were beautiful and sophisticated ladies including models and actresses.

The door to the living room opened and I snapped my head from my phone to check. I wasn't expecting anyone though.

A familiar guy that I couldn't make out properly  in Grey Armani suit was now standing in front of me. he was  really handsome and dark complexioned. His matching shoes looked foreign and similar to the type I found in Jordan's closet.

A smile was plastered on his face and I must confess it was really charming.  I began to wonder how Jordan's smile would look like because I had never seen him smile let alone laugh.

"Hey April didn't mean to startle you, I am Ian.  Jordan's best friend" he said with a warm smile because I suppose he saw my confused expression.

I haven't spent up to a minute with this guy,  Ian or whatever he said his name is but I could sense he had a charming personality.

I just wished  Jordan could be any better. I quickly remembered  where I first saw him,  the best man behind Jordan on the wedding.

"O" that was my answer "Please sit" I totally forgot my manners. 'because you we're checking your husband's best friend out' my subconscious said. 'That's not true!' I retorted.

"Pardon my manners.  What would you like?"

"Nothing I am fine.  I was on my way to the office and decided to check on you. So how have you been?" he asked genuinely. truth be said,

I was  losing it but I couldn't  just blurt it out even if he was Jordan's best frien. There are certain things better left unsaid right?

But curiosity came back rushing.  Why is Jordan cold towards almost every one and why did he choose me. He could have just sent dad to jail without giving any conditions.

"Yea, Yea I am fine" oh no the response came out rather too absurd.  I tried to sound real because the last thing I needed now is pity.

Just like I suspected,  Ian gave me a questionable look and I in turn looked everywhere but him.

"Are you sure because you don't sound ok" that was the next thing he said and I wished he didn't.

I dropped my gaze down and began to play with the hem of my dress.  I don't know why I felt vulnerable when it comes to Jordan.

When I didn't respond, he added as an afterthought "April if you need some one to talk to, I'm just a call away. I know my friend can be a jerk at times" he chuckled.

The last sentence made me chuckle and I'm sure he intended to because the earlier mood was tensed.  I just nodded.

"I have to get going, see you some other time" he rose to his feet and flashed me his charming smile and I swear I saw him wink.  I followed In pronto.

"Thank You" that was all I could say for now. He shoved his hand into his pant pockets and handed me his business card and with that he left the living room.

I was still standing in my tracks when my phone beeped notifying me of new WhatsApp message because my data was on. The first message was from an unknown number.

"Hey Ada" only two people called me that. That's  Adrian and Josh but Adrian doesn't change his  mobile number often and I have his current mobile number. Josh and I haven't spoken since the last time.

"Josh?" I needed to be sure.

"Yea babes, I am really sorry about last time, I overreacted. I am a real jerk, friends are meant to stand by each other"

"It's fine Josh, I understand"

"Really? You forgive me?"

"of course Josh, you know I can't stay angry at you for long" I was happy we are back to normal and he finally knows the truth.  How much I have missed him.

"Thanks babes. So how are you doing?" I am obviously not fine but I can't bring it out all raw.

"I'm good, though I am always alone at home"

"How about we hangout?" shit!.  I would have loved this but it's not possible now.  I really missed our weekend's hangout just Josh, Irene and I.

"Sorry Josh but it won't be possible" I sighed and added as an afterthought

"Jordan has restricted my movements"

"That guy is jerk!, who does he think he is?" I rolled my eyes.  I have heard that from quite a number of people and I could  imagine his irritated look.

"Take it easy Josh, its my husband you're talking about oo" I laughed at my own statement.

"Sorry oo, iyawo" Josh teased "just call me if you need some one to talk to" I smiled  reading this sentence.  Today was not actually bad after all, first Ian and now Josh.

"Awwn, thank you."

"Bye, I love you" we always said I love you to each other.  I mean the other way but right I didn't bring myself to type it. Why? 'does it have anything to do with Jordan' my subconscious asked but I didn't have a reply.

                                °~°

"What do you want to talk about?" Jordan asked.  He was sitting on a chair in front of a table at one end of room with his laptop on the table.

It was evening and we already had dinner of baked pasta.  The pasta had layers of cheese, veggies and a tangy tomato sauce all baked till golden and glorious.

I learnt from a little chit chat with the maids that the mansion has employed foreign chefs.  They actually  don't reside  in the mansion like the maids.  just prepare meals.

I was sitting near the edge of the bed close to him. I was putting on my PJ this time and not some sexy nightie.

"I want to ask about my education" okay that sounded rather too awkward

"I mean I wrote JAMB exams before the wedding" I tried to muster a little courage but my gaze was down while fiddling with the hem of my clothe.

I always felt this way in his presence, a puzzle I am still trying to solve.

"So?"

Seriously?

Didn't he just hear what I just said. He wasn't even sparing me a glance.  Just scrolling through his phone. Maybe, just maybe I'll smash that phone of his.

"I want to go back to school, I applied UI (university of Ibadan)" It came out plain.  I can't be an undergraduate, dad never planned it for me.

The fact that this marriage is utterly useless makes it easier. I am tired of being all by myself at home.

"Of course you will" this time he spared me glance.  I was already doing a victory dance within, relieved is the word.

"But not UI.  You'll start on-line school with Cambridge university as soon as the forms are out" he stated and went back to his phone.  My heart sank and I couldn't describe my emotions.

I had always wanted to attend UI because  it has been my dream university. Being ranked as one of the best in Nigeria and located in a cool city. Who wouldn't want to be there. How could he make decisions for me like that,  so he can finally lock me up. I sighed deeply to calm my nerves.

"bu... t... dad wants me to attend UI and you know on-line schooling entails staying indoors.  I want to meet people"

I couldn't make up much defensive points right now and  I just hoped he retrieves his statement.

"Your dad doesn't get to make decisions anymore. You are my wife and I have the say" he replied nonchalantly. Anger began to rile up within me. who does he think he is?

I mean which sane Nigerian attends online-schooling when there are a ton of  prestigious institutions out there.

"You know what? You're just a jerk! Who do you think you are to make stupid decisions in my life? Huh
I had a life! A happy family, my happiness, my future but you ruined everything. Now you want to make me a prisoner. why are you being so cruel? "

I didn't realize  where the courage to  talk back at him generated from but that courage just vanished living me at his mercy.

He stared at me with clenched fist.  I covered my mouth and whimpered in fear with my eyes closed waiting for the worst to happen but he surprised me.

He picked his laptop and phone and left the room, I guess to his study to continue his work.

I face palmed myself and slumped on the bed, 'April what have you done?.

****************************

End of chapter five

Ghen Ghen!! April has talked back at Jordan

What do you think will happen next?

Share your thoughts on this chapter..

A/n: Please 🙏, vote, comment and share . Thank you.

Kisses 😚
Angel 😇.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

4.9K 712 19
After being rejected by her high school crush, Jumoke decides to leave her past behind and focus more on being a working woman. But when fate decides...
40.9K 3.9K 44
A successful career woman in her early thirties struggles to overcome the stigma of divorce and its associated mental health challenges. However, she...
75.8K 13.5K 91
"What is your name? " he enquired with a staid expression. Obi's eyes roamed around still trying to ascertain the safety of their current surroundin...
20.7K 1.8K 28
#1 out of 946 in projectNigeria 09/07/2020 #1 African community 12/07/2020 After six years of working tirelessly with every other thing in her life t...