Time in a Tree (All Might x R...

By smolestkohai

we've all got secrets. prime all might - welcome to the slowest of slow burns https://spoti.fi/2YMLqlp art cr... More

Chapter I - Greyday
New Girl
Turn
Friend Like Me
Make Time
Spare Time: Cherry's Tree
Trading Cards
Tell Me
Vampyr
Reunion
Spare Time: Tenders with Tauros
Bianca
Fortuity
Collimate
Descant
Désolée
Your Name
Spare Time: Your Time
Dawn
Panini
Betoken
Arcadia
Simmer
Spare Time: Naegi
Blunder
Spare Time: Hello There
Chapter II - Prelude
Happy New Year
Bud
Bloom
Assay
Furtive
Spare Time: Unveil
Sanguine
Melee
Ill
Hey, You
Spare Time: Excuse Me, What?
Snag
Ameliorate
Thief
Off the Moon
Spare Time: Strike
Special I: Forget Me Not
Chapter III: Anubia
Conspectus
Prognosticate
Spare Time: Gift
Omurice
Home Too
Violet
Spare Time: uwu
Cozen
Divulgence
Benediction
Welcome Back
Tacenda
Premonition
Preoccupied
Foil
Spare Time: Your New Name
Drag
Surreptitious
Spare Time: Sangwho?
Phok
Slip Up
Lament
Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered
Special I Part II: Loves Me Not
Special I Finale: Touch Me Not
betabitch
Chapter IV: Fin
Pretty Little Bluff
Equilibrium
Quiescence
Hey Jewelii!
Betrothal
Spare Time: Abrupt
Familiarity
Entendre
Masticate
Spare Time: Snacks
Pantera
Sojourn
Superfluous
Irredeemable
Cloudgate
Retrograde
Book One Finale: Desideratum
Time in a Tree Book Two: Gifts from Kane
Book II Chapter I: Discountenanced

Pomegranate

3K 180 41
By smolestkohai

-- hey y'all! i really can't explain how excited i am for this right now. these past chapters have been the build for something i've been marinating for the longest time. i've got the bones and now i'm adding muscles and skin and all that other good stuff, so i'll be posting more frequently/ sporadically. buckle. up. much love to you all! 💖💖--

"What's got you in such a good mood?" Tauros asked, seeing you sway a little too happily while munching on the pomegranate he gave you. You sat at the bar waiting on him to finish the drinks one of your tables ordered. "Hm?" You swallowed quickly. "Oh, I've just been having a good day, that's all." You answered, biting into another wedge from your red stained fingertips. A sly smile crept across his cheeks. "Cherry told me there's this guy-"

"Ugh!" You rolled your eyes hard. "Easy now." Tauros chuckled and leaned in, motioning for you to do the same. "What?" You said coming closer. "She told me about that 'joke'." Oh no. "You said it was All Might you were texting. You weren't joking, were you?"

Slowly, you pulled back and shook your head. "I wasn't. It sounds hard to believe, right?"

"Damn near unbelievable." Tauros gave an unsure chuckle. "I know...Don't say anything to her, or anyone actually." Damn was this getting hard. "I'd like it to be a surprise if she ever meets the 'he' I've told her about."

"She's gonna shit her pants." Tauros laughed. "I knoooow!"

"How long have you been...?" He let you fill in the blank. "We're not." You shrugged. "Okay." The bartender let out a sigh of relief. "I was just wondering...worried, because of that whole thing a while ago."

"Oh I totally get it!" You waved it off. 

"Can't have you on a hit list for being the 'other woman'."

"That would make for such a good drama though!" You grinned. "She found love in another country." You swiped one hand through the air dramatically. "He found love right here at home." You swiped the other. "How will they cope? Do they still love each other?" You clutched your invisible pearls. "Find out on the series premiere of A Lost Love's Lover's Quarrel."

"The title needs work." Tauros snorted. "I don't know, I think it was pretty good." Antarcticite slid in next to you, their order handed over to Tauros. "Thank you, Anta. That was fresh off the dome." You shot them an appreciative look and leaned in just a bit, goosebumps raced up your arms and covered your neck as you closed quarters. "Are you feeling okay?" You touched their shoulder. "You're colder than usual."

"I'm fine." They nodded, you noticed they had become darker under the eyes as well. "The weather's changing, and so am I."

"Ooooh." You nodded in understanding. "Quirk stuff."

"Yup." They looked at the television above Tauros's head. "That guy is everywhere, isn't he?" You looked to see what they were talking about. "Yeah he his." Might would have an advert on the importance of dental hygiene. You snickered. 'A Message from the Japan Dental Association' splayed across the bottom of the screen in big white lettering. I think I may hold off on texting him tonight, he sounded so tired when I called this afternoon.

"Oh no! I'm sorry, Might! Did I wake you?" Of course the hero wouldn't answer your question. Your panicky voice, frazzled at the thought of you disturbing his rest. Yes, you woke him up, but he didn't mind. You got the point, quickly thanking him for your lunch and apologizing for calling at the time. You had to wait until you clocked out.

"I have to go to work now, sorry again."

"Work? You just left, didn't you?" His voice rolled like the tides in his fatigue.

"Two jobs, remember?"

He sighed deeply. "Right....we'll talk soon."

I really like how he says that. "Talk soon." You affirmed.

It was a good conversation, for the minute it lasted. You stuffed your mouth with more fruit, feeling a school girl giggle coming on from remembering how his sleepy voice sent shivers down your spine. "You feel warm all of a sudden." Antarcticite spoke up. "Are you feeling alright?"

"Mhm!" You hummed loudly, still chewing your mouthful of pomegranate. Damn...

"Sure about that?" Tauros raised a brow. "I don't like your tone, mister." You said once you could finally speak. "Whoa there." He laughed, raising his hands in surrender. "We're all adults here and it's totally normal to-"

"What was that Bon?!" You shot up. "You said you needed a hand?" You bounced out of the bar stool and onto your skates. Tauros's laughter trailing behind you as you rolled to the kitchen doors. You flung one wide open and skated in. "I am ooon the way!"

Maybe I should start lifting weights more frequently. You exited the gym locker room the next day, casually watching a few people do their reps as you made your way to the door. Do I eat enough to start lifting more though? The music you already had playing in your ears was interrupted by a completely different artist's opening. What? Oh! You'd gotten around to setting specific songs for your most frequently contacted. You answered quickly, finally walking through the exit. "Hey, you!"

"Good morning." Might replied.

"Good morning wait...it's noon, big guy." You chuckled. "It is! I forgot about the time difference." He admitted. "Time difference? Where are you?" Your head tilted a bit with the question. I think I'll walk to Lawson for lunch, it's not too far.

"I," there was a brief pause and you heard some shuffling. "Am in Singapore."

"Singapore?!" You let out an exasperated sigh. "You were just here like two seconds ago!"

"More like 8 hours."

"Should've jumped." You mumbled. "What was that?" Might quipped. "I didn't say anything." You said sweetly, closing in on your target convenience store. "Just heading out of the gym, there's a lot of background noise." I could've said it. What's he gonna do?  Jump back right n-

"Background noise..."

"Yup." You slid into Lawson quietly, grabbing a basket from next to the entrance. "I have time to jump back. We could improve on your cardio." Can he read minds?! Did he just read my-

"Yes."

You stopped mid step, grocery basket loosely hanging from the pads of your fingers. "E...Excuse me?" You hid the quiver that tickled your throat, threatening to expose you. "Ah, sorry about that. I've got a few things going on." Boii. You began your search for sustenance on slightly shaken nerves. I'm gonna ask mom later...no, I can't do that because then I'll have to... You rolled your eyes to yourself.

"What's got you across the water so soon?" You asked.

"Last minute hero things." He answered. "Uh huh." You giggled. "I like how you say classified." Might snorted. "It's okay, you can tell me." You gave a weak shot at tempting him, your steps lead you to the long row of refrigerated foods. 

"Maybe when I get back." He bargained. "Well that's no fun! I could just read the news like everyone else." You huffed. That looks good. You picked up an egg sandwich from the cooler.

"This won't be broadcasted. You hit the nail on its head."

"OH." You cleared your throat. Super duper classified I see. "Not sure if I want to know anymore."

"That's no fun." He mocked. "Okay, Might." You rolled your eyes, tossing the sandwich in your basket. "When are you coming back home?"

"I don't have a definite date, unfortunately." A slight frustration in his chuckle. "It's a bit more intricate than what was led on."

"Oh..." There was a heaviness on your chest. "I won't be able to talk. I wanted to let you know before I dropped off your radar for a while."

Don't sound sad don't sound sad don't sou- "Thanks for the heads up." Did I do it? Did that work? I think it worked. I- "I'll call you as soon as I can."

"You better." I don't think it worked. 

"I better?" Might was taken aback. 

"Yes, you better." You laughed. 

"Or what?"

"Okay first," you clicked you tongue. "Stop smiling so hard."

"Guilty as charged." The hero confessed. "Second," you tossed a bowl of ramen in your basket. "I don't know yet, let me think about it."

"I'm excited to find out." 

You jokingly gagged. "Don't sound so thrilled."

"I can't help it, you really are full of surprises."

"Oh, Might, you've got no clue." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

433 59 18
Rewritten version of 𝒮𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓉ℯ𝒹 𝒲𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝒜 𝒟𝒶𝓇ℯ | BNHA {𝖠𝗅𝗅 𝖬𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍} ______________________________________________ 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬: •...
224K 8.3K 50
Before he became Izuku's teacher, All Might was a young Symbol of peace. Amidst all the business of defeating villains, All Might has something even...
527K 17.3K 53
STORY IS BEING REWRITTEN UNDER THE TITLE OF 'it began with you'. ---- 𝗦𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗺𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗱𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗰𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗴𝗶𝗰. Y/n was born int...
47 By Abigail

Fanfiction

1M 44.1K 67
MY HERO ACADEMIA IZUKU MIDORIYA BOOK ONE OF ASAMI OKUMA SERIES Asami Okuma was one of two children born quirkless in the small hometown of Musutafu...