The Dark Side of Bright Moon...

By a_dumb_skater

Catradora high school AU. Really nothing else to say, except Catra isn't a damsel in distress 24/7. If you wa... More

Prologue
Chapter One, the Tour.
Chapter 2, locker trouble
Chapter 3, infectious
Chapter 4, you're a dork.
Chapter 5, Flower Farts and Calvin Klein
Chapter 6, she'll be the death of me.
Chapter 7, Be a dear and just play with your dolls
Chapter 8, vegan milk doesnt make a morning person.
Chapter 9, Operation make Catra jealous to spare Adora's ego IS A GO!
Chapter 10, Double the Trouble, Double the Fun
Chapter 11, How to look like a play boy.
Chapter 12, 100 dollars
Chapter 14, Sucker punch
Chapter 15, liar,liar
Chapter 16, you look gay.
Chapter 17, shes so bright
Chapter 18, by myself
Chapter 19, kiss, marry, or kill
Chapter 20, floof
Chapter 21, Scenic Skating
Chapter 22, Claws.
Chapter 23, Clear
Chapter 24, Steak n' Shake
Chapter 25, Bruises
Chapter 26, Fuckin mint
Chapter 26, Deep sigh
Chapter 27, Tiny leap
Chapter 28, Magic Dance (re-edited)
Chapter 29, Facade
Chapter 30, oof this is long
Chapter 31, Strawberry ice cream
Chapter 32, i forgot yo name this crap
Chapter 33, confrontation as shit hits the fan
Chapter 34, sad jock
Chapter 35, Sweater weather
Chapter 36, Calm before the storm (pride special tha im late on)
chapter 37, Hurricane
A/N, and an important one too.
Chapater 38, bitter sweet
Chapter 39, I love you
Chapter 40, Get in losers we going shopping
Chapter 41, Game day Part 1
Chapter 42, game day part 2
Chapter 43, full circle.

Chapter 13, Rotten Eggs make terrible omlets

3.7K 152 159
By a_dumb_skater

ADORA'S POV

I immediately knew Catra was here, cause I heard her call every one dicks. I didn't really scan the crowd much. I knew she was here and that was all that mattered. We where up by 3 points because Lonnie kicked a 55 yard field goal.

I was stuck on the bench, hoping our defense could long enough for a turnover on downs. We only had 3 minutes left of the game. Scorpia sat next to me, gripping her helmet. I was afraid she would crush it.

Scorpia really wanted to win, She wanted to show Catra that She isn't the kid the ran away from the Horde. She wouldn't admit it, but I was pretty sure that's what she was thinking. She told me about guilt and has about leaving when we first met.

I loooed away for maybe a second and our defense broke.

They scored.

They got the two point conversation.

We only had a minute and a half, and now we where now losing by 5.

Scorpia stood up and put her helmet on, frustrated and holding back tears.

"It's not over! Stop giving up, we can still score. We will SCORE!!" She screamed at the team and stood on the side line.

Most of the team agreed and put on their helmets. I did too.

We had to win.

I stood up and put on my helmet. I was walking to the side line when Hordak called us all over.

"Adora... you know what to do..." He turned to our senior quarter back, " Hb toss off the left side. Scorpia, guard her with you life. Don't let up the left flank. We only have one shot at this, and Adora is our best bet. Don't mess it up. You guys are Bright Moon, put on a show no one will forget. We strong with that kick, we gotta finish string now, or never. Now get out there and SCORE!! "

The punt return squad rushed into the field and got ready. I glanced at my friends for support, but there was one extra.

Someone tanned with with Gold jewelry littered on their collar. Short flowing hair. Freckles. And different colored eyes...

Is that...Catra? No she has long hair... wait...It is.

Snappping out of it, I was pushed onto the field by Hordak.

Have they already kicked and returned?

"Hurry up! The play clock is running down!" Scorpia nudged me gently and got down on the left side. I went into my position, still staring at Catra

" I SWEAR I'LL KILL YOU IF YOU MESS THIS UP BLONDIE!" Catra howled at me and made a motion to turn around.

I took a deep breath and took off.

CARTA'S POV

I smiled at Adora from the stands. I knew it was her. I just did. She turned around and got ready.

They snapped the ball at the 20 yd line and Adora took off. The QB tossed Adora and underhand throw and started after her. She ran down the left sideline Scorpia next to her, body checking anyone who got near her. She juked a guy and sent him flying into Bright Moons bench.

The 50.

The 40

The 30

The 20

She was home free.

No one was even close to her as she strode into the end zone. She slowed to a stop, standing at the edge of the end zone. She saluted to the crowd then dropped the ball. She strode off to celebrate.

The stands went bizerk, screaming and chanting. Glimmer shook me and we were soon hang onto each other, yelling with the crowd. Lonnie and the special teams stepped up to to line and scored an easy PAT.

Everyone jumped the fence to the field and swarmed the team at center field. I sprinted to keep with Bow and Glimmer. The Cheer leaders and Football team where chanting Adora's name. She was in the middle of the circle, I saw her and started to run to her...but I was late.

Double Trouble practically tackled Adora in a hug then kissed her on lips on front of every one. Adora blushes so hard. Everyone cheered more.

Except me.

Turning on a heel, I put my hands in my pockets and walked towards the concession stand. I was gonna keep my promise, but that doesn't mean I have to watch.

That's a dick move.

ADORA'S POV

I was in the middle of everyone. They where screaming my name. I could hear Bow, Glimmer and Catra above them all. They where running at me for a hug when I was blindsided.

Warn lips crashed agaisnt mine.I was pulled into kiss by.....Double trouble? Every one went even crazier. I was pulled into a dense circle of sweaty screaming straight men and their girlfriends. Soon all my friends where by my side except Catra.

Lonnie dipped to find Catra as soon as the crowd calmed slightly, and I assume Scorpia went with her, but she was right here a second ago.

Where is she?

HAHA BACK TO CATRA!

I was talked to by Lonnie and Scorpia as soon as I got off the field. They where laughing and Scorpia was even crying a little.

"Man you really pissed off Hordak! It was great!" Said Lonnie. She laughed and  dapped me up.

"Yeah he was so pissed you called everyone in the school dicks" Scorpia smiled, punching the air excitedly .

" I was great?! You two where amazing! You both trained so hard for this! I mean that kick, jeez, Fantastic. A-and Scorpia! You where a brick wall! " I smiled, and Scorpia pulled the both of us into another hug.

You're kill me," Lonnie weezed, and Scorpia let go.

"Come with us to the locker room. It's technically the soccer teams anyway. Then you can compliment me more" she laughed and Scorpia pushed us to get going.

"Wild cat! I like your hair! No I love your hair! You look so...so punk and cool" she laughed.

"Seriously, when did that happen?!" Lonnie laughed and messed up my hair .

I shoved her off easily and ran ahead of the group.

Instead if answering, I shreikded,"LAST ONE THER IS A ROTTEN EGG!"

We all sprinted off on the dark path.

ADORA'S POV

Once the crowd gradually thinned, Glimmer handed me a bag with clothes to change into. My crowd walked slowly to the locker room, laughing the whole way.

"Adora, shower and get dressed. Hurry up! We'llbe waiting so the party can start!" Glimmer squealed .

"Party! Yeah I gotta go before people show up! Hurry up Adora!" Frosta, Mermista and Sea Hawk bolted in a different direction.

"We should get going too" Perfuma gestured to DT and Entrapta. They walked off towards the overflow parking.

Bow and Glimmer yanked me into a hug

"You should've seen Catra screaming at you!" Bow laughed ,"It was adorable, and kinda scary. "

His voice cracked as he squealed, and we all laughed

"We are so proud of you, but seriously, shower." she gagged, " You smell like shit, we'll be waiting right here, "

I waved goodbye and set out for the locker room. It was louder than I expected the girls locker room to be. Lots of laughing Scorpia and Lonnie rounded the corner, already showered, with Catra in toe.

"Hey Adora" she tried to say it flirtatiously and peppy like She usually does, but this was flat.

Scorpia and Lonnie tackled me in hugs. Then let me go quickly

"Girl get your nasty ass a shower! " Lonnie laughter and pushed me towards the shower, " We'll even wait for you to get out"

I laughed and tools off my pads tossing them aside. They stayed in the first row of lockers while I took a quick shower.

I put on my bra and some shorts. I put on a cropped red crew neck sweatshirt and walked over to the mirror. I combed through my hair and pulled it up into my high ponytail. I switched into my warm up joggers for basket ball. They where black with yellow stripes down the side.

I walked back around the lockers watching Scorpia and Lonnie game fighting and Catra chuckling through a scowl. Lonnie on on a flannel and joggers, Scorpia wore black jorts (jean shorts) and a white t-shirt under her letterman.

Catra looked like She came from a photo shoot. Her hair was so fricking cute. Some was hanging down in her eyes, but the rest was somewhat pushed back and neat. Her shirt was unbuttoned at the top, displaying her necklaces on her angular collar bones. Her shirt was untucked and the tails and sitting into of her hands deep in her pockets. She was looking away from me, but I could tell she was grimacing.

"Adora?" Lonnie shook my shoulder ," you zoned out for a minute and weren't responding"

I blushed a deep shade of red, "Im fine don't worry"

I put on my Letterman name smiled apologetically at Catra. She was probably like this because DT kissed me. I wasn't happy about it either. I wasn't even completely sure I wanted to do this in the first place but it was too late. Catra grabbed her stuff and headed out every one followed.

Her eyes where cold and uncaring. At the same time... Sad.

Catra was sad, had been sad, I just never cared to notice.

I gotta fix this. I can help.

Cool, tomorrow I will upload at least three things because I said I would if we broke 200 veiws, and right now we are at 400?
Anyway, the cover photo is my concept art for Lonnie, Catra, and Scorpia as children before Lonnie played football.

I really hope you enjoyed the chapter. Take care my home snacks

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.1K 1.5K 59
Luan Loud is the comedian in the Loud House. She's always happy and perky. But lately she's been sad. She stopped telling jokes, and smiled even less...
1.5M 51.4K 66
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
17.7K 1.1K 55
Synopsis Can Fajr prove to Khalid and her other relatives that being brought up in a western environment doesn't make her less than any Muslim woman...
12.3K 311 12
I wrote this chapter after Adora, Bow, Entrapta, and Glitter saved Catra. The story takes place in the ship. It seemed to me that after that moment t...