The Dark Side of Bright Moon...

By a_dumb_skater

Catradora high school AU. Really nothing else to say, except Catra isn't a damsel in distress 24/7. If you wa... More

Prologue
Chapter One, the Tour.
Chapter 2, locker trouble
Chapter 3, infectious
Chapter 4, you're a dork.
Chapter 5, Flower Farts and Calvin Klein
Chapter 6, she'll be the death of me.
Chapter 7, Be a dear and just play with your dolls
Chapter 8, vegan milk doesnt make a morning person.
Chapter 9, Operation make Catra jealous to spare Adora's ego IS A GO!
Chapter 10, Double the Trouble, Double the Fun
Chapter 12, 100 dollars
Chapter 13, Rotten Eggs make terrible omlets
Chapter 14, Sucker punch
Chapter 15, liar,liar
Chapter 16, you look gay.
Chapter 17, shes so bright
Chapter 18, by myself
Chapter 19, kiss, marry, or kill
Chapter 20, floof
Chapter 21, Scenic Skating
Chapter 22, Claws.
Chapter 23, Clear
Chapter 24, Steak n' Shake
Chapter 25, Bruises
Chapter 26, Fuckin mint
Chapter 26, Deep sigh
Chapter 27, Tiny leap
Chapter 28, Magic Dance (re-edited)
Chapter 29, Facade
Chapter 30, oof this is long
Chapter 31, Strawberry ice cream
Chapter 32, i forgot yo name this crap
Chapter 33, confrontation as shit hits the fan
Chapter 34, sad jock
Chapter 35, Sweater weather
Chapter 36, Calm before the storm (pride special tha im late on)
chapter 37, Hurricane
A/N, and an important one too.
Chapater 38, bitter sweet
Chapter 39, I love you
Chapter 40, Get in losers we going shopping
Chapter 41, Game day Part 1
Chapter 42, game day part 2
Chapter 43, full circle.

Chapter 11, How to look like a play boy.

4K 148 112
By a_dumb_skater

ADORA'S POV

I was driving to my apartment with 'Double Trouble' and Scorpia. We where going to meet up before the game and get some food.
From what Scorpia told me, 'Double Trouble' was just a nick name, like most people had in the Horde. Their ability to act and having a reputation of being two faced earned them that nickname.

Bow was getting Chinese and bringing it to my flat. The drive was relatively quiet until Double Trouble spoke up.

"Your performance is marvelous my dear, so believable" They leaned on Scorpia dramatically, " I can't wear your Letterman to the game Adora, alas I must cheer, but you should let glimmer wear it, that'll make her chase her tail"

They giggled and crossed their arms looking at me through my rearview mirror.

"Nah I'll want it after the game, it has to be cold" I dead panned.

" That's fine darling... I'll run to you when you get back to the bench after winning, oh that'll make her blood boil.," the looked at Scorpia again,"She better show."

"She's a woman of  her word, She always pulls through...no matter how many insults!" Scorpia smiled and lifted a fist in the air .

"Good," they looked back at me," Wear what every you want just match it to red and yellow. I have the most perrrrfect outfit up my sleeve!"

I was glad when we finally got to the apartment. Mermista, Perfuma, Sea Hawk, Entrapta, and Frosta where already there. They all stared at me, begging for the answers that I really didn't wanna give. Double Trouble on the other hand, wanyed nothing more than to give all the answers possible.

"It went stunningly! Oh, you should have seen her all flustered and angry!" They switched into a voice that sounded too much like Catra for my own comfort ," Dear me! Oh no, my woman had been swooned by another, what ever shall I do. Punching through my problems seem like a flawless idea! " the leaned against the wall dramatically.

The group laughed and applauded DT's performance. They took a seat on my sofa next to Entrapta and started up a conversation.

Mermista was gonna ask for more info when Bow and Glimmer walked in, trailed closely by Lonnie. Lonnie was in on the plan, but I wasn't ready for her to show up to our pregame ritual. I couldn't complain though, I did bring DT after all.

They set down the bags on the counter and we all dug in. They had bought a super family size batch of Chow mein and 4 different varieties of chicken. It's smelled like absolutely heavenly in my apartment.

Frosta bolted to be first in line, but Scorpia was faster. We evetually all filled our plates and turned on Jim Hensons's "Labyrinth" .

It was an old movie with David Bowie and Jennifer Connolly. Me and Glimmer watched this before my first basketball game, and it's been a tradition ever since. My mom and dad loved that movie. There are so many bittersweet memories that go with it.

Happy things like playing it's corny songs in my dad's old beat up truck on the way to elementary school. Or how I used to stay up at night with my mom and watch it if I had a bad dream. Sad things like arguments playing over the music when I tried to drown them out. Like when dad tried to relinquish custody to my grandparents. Things like how he came to an all time low, taking his life, while I was distracted by the flashy and eye catching shenanigans.

Still, it's a movie and memory I hold onto despite the negatives. It makes me feel like they are with me almost, and I think it makes me do better. I really have no option to do any worse, I have to do well. I have people depending on me to win and be at my best all the time, so it doesn't matter about the negatives of I'm honest.

My thoughts where cut off by the flashy tittle cards and theme starting.

No more thoughts. Just watch the movie.

CATRA'S POV

Catra was simply bidding her time until the game started. She was reading a comic and staring at the ceiling for what seemed like hours. Kyle and Rogelio went to the tailgate, but I didn't know where Lonnie was. Weaver was also at the tailgate, bragging about how I was friends with their new star running back to shallowPTO moms probably.

How dossapointed she'll be...

I wanted to wear my Horde soccer hoodie, but I gave it to Adora.

She should given it back if she was gonna just trade it for that "Double Trouble's"  dumb hoodie .

I decided to go with something, as Adora's date would say hot. I pulled and old button down out of my closet and put it on. Slidding on a maroon vest i had once worn to a funeral, I checked myself out.

You can't where those jeans, it doesn't match at all...what to wear...

My jeans where too blue, so I went to my closet and pulled out a pair of old dress pants with holes in the knees. I had to cut the up a while ago for The Horde's homecoming game last year. I pulled them up and slid my black studded belt through the loops.

Look like a play boy, what's missing?!

Sliding my hand up from my pocket, I unbuttoned my shirt down to the middle of my chest and rolled up the sleeves. The chains that where on my desk came in handy, as I put 3 on. I latched my pocket chain to my belt looks and looked at myself again.

What's missing?! Seriously... I have the shirt, the pants, the chains.... Damnit.

I walked into the bathroom and wet my hair. It seemed like I was combing my hair for years, but when I was finished, it was as messy as it has been when I started. Even then, it was probably the best it's looked since I've been in Brightmoon.  I parted my hair for the the first time in a very long while. I sighed still not liking it.

It still looked like shit! I only have an hour, what do I do? A thought popped into my head. Cut it coward.

I slipped on my maroon vans and jumped on my motorcycle. Heading for the nearest great clips.

ADORA'S POV

The stands were filling up pretty fast. Me and the team where warming up. I saw my squad huddled in the very front of the pep section. I zoned out looking for Catra when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

All of this work will go to shit if she doesn't show. I did all this just to h-

"She'll be here don't worry, Catra always does what she says, no matter how much she hates it." Scorpia have me a reassuring smile, " Now, get your head in the game, we gotta win since she is gonna be here!" Her face became determined and she offered me a high five.

I took it and nodded. We warmed up for a few more minutes before the Cheerleaders came out, led by Double Trouble. They didn't want to wear a skirt like Perfuma and the rest of the girls, or sweat pants like any guys would have, if the joined. They bargained with the school to let them wear leggings and the standard girls top with the guys color scheme. I really don't know how they convinced the school, but they did.

I was watching the Cheer squad started pepping up the crowd with acrobatics and chants, when Hordak then yelled at is to get inside the locker room. Hordak cleared it with the school, saying we where only allowed in the boys locker room at this time. The guys locker room was a  lot dirtier than the girls, and smelled worse, too.

Hordak gave us a pep talk and told us if we didn't win we would have sprints for an entire practice. I tuned a lot of it out wondering if Catra came, but I was confused when he quieted down.

"I'm proud of you guys...win or lose, we are team...... THAT'LL HAVE TO DO SPRINTS OFF YOU MESS UP! Now get out THERE!!" he scream and soon every one in the locker room screaming.

Me and Scorpia exchanges looks and she nodded at me. The doors opened and screamed at loud as we could running into the blinding lights of the field.

So, so sorry this is late! I try to post 2 every other day but today I was cleared by my doctor to start walking today, so naturally I spent 7 hours working out and played COD for 5 hours in pain because I just worked out on a broken foot for the first time in 3 months. It was .... A day. I also had to draw the cover for this chapter. It's not very good, I did it in under an hour, but it's the gist of the out fit. Anyway have a good night, it is 1:07 here.

As always stay self and stay healthy, until next tim!❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 153 15
Read to find out!😍 (Btw imma start putting 'read to find out' in my descriptions
34.1K 1.1K 10
Kumandra is being reunited again. Five Lands are finally coming back together. But Raya suddenly becomes distant from Heart, from her Family and, esp...
34.2K 1K 8
catra is worried how everyone will react to adora and catra dating 8/6/20- #14 in catraxadora 2/16/21- #4 in spop
17.7K 1.1K 55
Synopsis Can Fajr prove to Khalid and her other relatives that being brought up in a western environment doesn't make her less than any Muslim woman...