YOU โ†  JO MARCH

Por -saoirses

( ๐˜๐Ž๐” ) Penelope Brooks was not a stranger to being in love, men chasing after her heart like it was a gam... Mรกs

( YOU )
001. AT A GLANCE
002. CHRISTMAS MORNING
003. AN EDUCATED LADY
004. DETECTIVE BROOKS
005. THEODORE LAURENCE
006. PENNYS ARE FOREVER
007. BLEAK MORNINGS
008. A HEART'S FIRST
009. A WELL-DESERVED APOLOGY
011. A SMALL FLUTTER
012. LUST IS NOT LOVE
013. PARTING IS SUCH SWEET SORROW
014. A SWEET DESIRE
015. FOOLISH ACTIONS
016. UNWANTED SOLITUDE
017. A ROSE BETWEEN
018. A WEDDING
019. WASHINGTON IS CALLING
act two.
020. HOME STAYS
021. SCARLET
022. A PROLONGED RETURN

010. THEATRICS

3.7K 217 314
Por -saoirses

THEATRICS
YOU

THEATRICS were something that Jo March held close to her heart. She was an author, she was a playwright- her sisters bringing her words to life with their small performances that they would sometimes put on. So when the proposition of going to the theatre to watch a play was made by Laurie- Jo jumped at the chance.

"Jo, you must hurry- we need to leave!" Penelope shouted up the stairs and into the attic. Penelope rolled her eyes when she got no response, she knew that Jo would have been in her own little world, words surrounding her brain like stars in an open sky.

"Don't even worry about her Penelope, worry about me," Amy pulled her away from the stairwell, back into the living room where the remainder of the March sisters sat, "Why can't I know where you're going?" She whined. Amy had been begging all night to know why Penelope was over and where the night would take her and her two older sisters. Penelope's heart ached for the young girl, she knew she meant well- but tonight was a festivity for invitation only.

"I'm so sorry my dear Amy-" Penelope coddled her, wrapping her arm around the significantly shorter girl- "But-"

"Jo! Jo, where are you? I can't find my other glove!" Meg's frantic voice startled Penelope and Amy's conversation.

"Take mine!" Jo shouts back down the stairs. Penelope quickly nuzzled into Amy, whilst trying to remember where she had left her cape. Jo bounded down the stairs- she passed her pair of gloves off to Meg before pulling Penny up from her seat next to Amy.

"We're going to be late!" Meg worried, trying to get everything together- Penelope and Jo were significantly calmer than her, only making her more anxious.

"Where are you going?" Amy whined once more, grabbing Penelope's arm. She knew that if she could get it out of one of the three girls that it would be Penelope.

"You're not invited," Jo pulls Penelope's arm out of Amy's grasp, dusting her off.

"You're going somewhere with Laurie, I know it!" Amy stood, her newly painted shoes stomping on the wooden floorboards of the March home. Penelope took a step away and started her own private conversation with Beth about the song that she had been playing.

"Yes, we are, now stop bothering," Jo shot a glare at Amy- "Here-" Jo pulled Penny's cape over her shoulders. She thanked her with a smile.

"Penelope, do you have the tickets?" Meg looked up at Penelope, she watched as the younger girl grabbed her coin purse, pulling their three entrance passes out.

"Yes she does! Now hurry up," Jo rushed Penelope and herself towards the front of the house.

"You're going to the theatre with Laurie!" Amy shouted, following behind before turning to her eldest sister, "Meg, please, can I come?"

"I'm sorry, dear but you weren't invited," Meg quickly told her before turning to find her shoes. Amy let out a groan in protest as Meg tried to put on her heels.

"You can't go Amy, so don't be a baby and whine about it," Jo tied her laces together as Penelope stepped into her heels, Jo's hand in hers helping her balance.

"I've been shut up in here and I never get to go anywhere. Beth has her piano but I'm so lonely!" Amy gestured wildly to Beth, her whiny exterior really starting to bug Jo.

"I can teach you chords," Beth leant over, so she could see Amy.

"I don't want chords Beth," Amy protested, "I want to go to the theatre-"

"No-" Jo got up from her seat, shouting in Amy's face, "I think you'd hate to poke yourself in where you're not wanted," Amy scowled at her sisters remark. A small 'be nice, Jo' making its way out of Penny's mouth. "We already have to deal with dull Mr. Brooke and stupidly perfect Peter," Jo spat, pulling her hat a top of her head.

Penelope's eyebrows knitted together as she adjusted Jo's hat, "Peter is a lovely man,"

"Man?" Jo scoffed, "More like boy,"

"I like Mr. Brooke- I think he's kind," Meg smiled.

"I'll pay for myself!" Amy interjected.

"You will not come," Jo linked her arm with Penny's, about to walk towards the door.

"But-"

"I'm sorry, my sweet, but Jo is right. Next time," Meg put her hand softly on Amy's cheek.

"I'll take you the next time a show is in town, Amy," Penelope rubbed her thumb over the young girls forearm.

"No you will not, she doesn't deserve it," Jo reprimanded Penny, "Come, Meg stop petting her" Jo grabbed her older sister. The three of them leaving the house. Amy chased after them, picking up her doll from the dining room table.

"Oh, you'll be sorry for this Jo March!" She threw it forcefully, aiming for her older sister. The three girls turned around with a mixture of scoffs and laughs.

"You will! You'll regret this!" Amy yelled as the three older girls exited, ready for a night of magic.

Amy huffed when she realised that there was no way she was attending the show. She turned to see Beth's eyes sitting upon her, she scowled- putting her hand up to block out Beth's gaze.

"Stop looking at me like that!"

( THEATRICS, YOU )

"Wasn't that great?" Peter intertwined his arm with Penelope's, "Lola, we have to do that again sometime, don't you think?"

The play had been outstanding, the six of them having the time of their young lives watching other people's unfold. Jo watched as Penelope leant in closer to Peter, a jealous rage fuelled her stomach as she walked out of the theatre with Laurie.

How can this boy just come back after nine years of being away and take her Penny away?! Jo was furious, she knew that she was still Penelope's best friend, but the fear of losing her to Peter terrified her.

Jo and Laurie stood on the porch of the theatre watching Penelope and Peter talk to one another, their faces in a close proximity. Loving words exchanged between the two.

"They look so happy," Laurie spoke, "Don't you think?" He looked at Jo, he saw the furrow in her brow- he knew she wasn't happy with the pair in front of them.

"Sickeningly," She spat.

"I still can't believe you're here," Penelope gazed at Peter with such wonder, "It's incredibly surreal, I have never been so content," She smiled. Peter's eyes looked as if they were filled with stars, with love- maybe he was filled with such an emotion.

"When I am with you I am the most I can be," Peter leant his forearm against a support beam from the building, he could feel Penelope's breath against his lips as he leant over her. Penelope's heart raced as Peter slowly shut his eyes- the street light illuminating his skin with a yellow glow.

Peter leant in as Penelope closed her eyes and did the same. Their lips connected, hearts erupted. Jo watched as the kiss lingered, she felt something that she had never felt before- a great sense of loss, as if the kiss tore Penny away from her. Laurie watched Jo's face fall, he knew precisely how she was feeling- for he felt it too. Watching the one you desire want someone else was enough to pain anyone.

"Oh John, look at them!" Meg exclaimed, breaking Jo out of her disappointed trance, "They're precious," She smiled as they all watched Peter stoke Penelope's cheek as their kiss finally broke.

"Extremely," Jo rolled her eyes, "Can we go home now? I want to finish writing the next chapter of my book," Jo stormed off, Penelope watched as Jo stomped her way through the thick snow, she was about to take off after her- to check on Jo.

"Would you like to spend the night at mine, Lola?" Peter's voice broke Penelope's gaze. A smile slowly filled her entire face.

"I would love to,"

( THEATRICS, YOU )

Amy March was always one to stick to her word. Tonight, Penelope Brooks would learn that. With the ashes of her older sisters well written words, she would prove as a force to be reckoned with.

"Wait just here, I'm going to say goodnight to the girls," Penelope smiled down at Peter, who was stood in the snow rather than on the porch, "I won't be but a minute,"

"I would wait much longer than that for you," Peter held her hand.

"You're such a charmer," Jo interrupted their moment, grabbing onto Penny's hands and held them close to her own chest, "Come on, Penny," Jo emphasised the affectionate nickname she had given her.

Lola? What kind of a name was that? Jo would often think to herself. It shoved a weak exterior onto Penelope, she should be given names with strong connotations.

Jo and Penelope laughed in each other's presence as they rushed inside, Penelope tripping slightly over an uneven floorboard. Meg was inside, she had sat herself down on the ottoman next to Beth who was still playing piano.

"Meg you're a million times better than she was-" Jo rushed up the stairs, "Although she was a terrific fainter!"

"I wonder how she managed to turn white as she did?" Meg thought aloud.

"It was quite terrific, I cannot wait to take you Amy- you would have loved it!" Penelope smiled. Amy glanced up at Penelope from where she was intently reading in the corner of the living room. "Oh Beth, you have to come with Amy and I when they are in town next,"

"That would be lovely," Beth quite often felt drowned out by the noise and life her sisters brought with their presence, but Penelope always noticed her- she was glad that she and Jo were so close.

"Ugh, that Mr. Brooke, could he be any more... obsequious?" Jo called back down, her voice echoing throughout the attic. Penelope rolled her eyes, standing behind Beth as she played.

"I thought he was very well- mannered," Meg remarked. Penelope looked over her shoulder to see the smitten gaze that Meg had on her face.

"Jo, hurry down so I can say goodbye- Peter is waiting" Penelope leant forwards towards the stairs.

"Hold on, let me just get this idea down!" Jo responded, the sound of shuffling draws came from upstairs.

"Are you not staying the night?" Beth looked up at Penelope.

"Not tonight I'm afraid, Peter has asked me to stay with him for the night," A giddy tone took over Penelope. Beth smiled at how happy she seemed.

"Beth, Penelope, what're your favourite eye colours?" Meg's dreamy gaze stayed present on her face.

"Purple,"

"Blue," Penelope thought of Jo's striking blue eyes, how they held a story behind them.

"Mr. Brooke has blue eyes and an old soul which is much more important than money," Meg took her shoes off. Jo slowly emerged from upstairs in the attic.

"Has anyone taken my novel?"

"No,"

"No, why?"

Penelope listened to Meg and Beth's responses, before turning around to look at the only March sister who did not answer.

There, Amy sat slowly turning a page of her book. Penelope's heart sank, knowing exactly who the guilt party was. Penelope didn't dare look back at Jo, she knew that if one woman's looks could kill, it would be Jo March's.

"Amy... You've got it," Jo stood strong, although the fear of her work being taken or worse, ate her from the inside.

"No, I haven't," Amy tilted her head. Penelope sighed, knowing that Amy was only going to make it worse for herself. That this could be the thing to break their relationship.

"That's a lie," Jo's breaths became heavier, they filled Penelope's chest with anxiety.

"It isn't! I haven't got it - I don't know where it is and I don't care," Amy sat there, a smug look on her face as Jo stomped over to Amy, grabbing her younger sister by the shoulders-

"-Tell me or I'll make you!" Jo began to hurl Amy's body around viciously, pulling strands of her hair out of the braided bun that Penelope had put it in earlier that night.

"Jo, don't!" Meg stood up as Penelope tried to pull Jo off of Amy.

"Marmee!" Meg shouted.

"Jo, you're better than this" Penelope struggled against Jo's muscle.

"I burnt it up!" Amy stood, shoving Jo's hold off of her body, "I burnt up your book!" Penelope held Jo close to her chest, she could already feel Jo's soul crumbling inside of her. "I told you I'd make you pay and I did!" Amy's sentence was almost cut short, by Jo hurling herself out of Penny's grasp, tackling Amy and putting her weight on top of her.

"You wicked girl! You wicked, wicked girl! I can never write it again! I'll never forgive you as long as I live!" Jo screamed as she threw her fists at Amy repeatedly. Marmee and Hannah quickly rushing into the room, trying to pull Jo away once more.

( THEATRICS, YOU )

Penelope Brooks never thought that she would ever see Jo March cry. Since the day that the two girls had met, Jo exuded confidence. Penelope was not aware that crying was something Jo was capable of.

"Shh, it's going to be alright," Penelope cradled Jo in her soft hold. Penelope felt Jo's tears create a wet patch on the soft material of her dress. "I'm so so sorry Jo," She whispered.

Beth and Meg both looked up as soft footsteps sounded out through Jo's bedroom. Marmee sat Amy down on a small ottoman across from Jo and her consolers, giving her a soft nod to signal her to begin her apology.

"I'm sorry Jo," All of the three girls looked back down to Jo, who still rested her head against Penelope- her sobs slowly breaking her own heart.

"Amy..." Marmee prompted her once more.

"It's just that the only thing you care about is your writing so it's not as if I could hurt you by ruining one of your dresses. And I really did want to hurt you." Amy admitted, Penelope snuck a quick glance at Amy, she looked penitent, Penelope knew that she was sorry. "I am the most sorry for it now. I'm so sorry,"

Marmee approached the bed where Penelope and her daughters were holding Jo. "Don't let the sun go down on your anger. Forgive her. Help each other, and you begin again tomorrow." Marmee looked over at Amy and then back to Jo.

Penelope ran her fingers over Jo's arm, trying her best to tell her to listen to her mother. Jo sniffed before looking up at her mother. "She doesn't deserve my forgiveness. I will hate her! I will hate her forever!" Jo pushed herself out of Penelope's hold and stormed off out of the room.

"Jo!" Penelope sighed, "It'll be alright!" She followed her into the attic.

Jo sat at her desk, her head in her hands, Penelope knew that her cheeks were tear stained and her skin had been tinted red from crying.

"Jo?" She didn't look up. Penelope pushed a small crate from the centre of the room over next to Jo's desk. "I cannot imagine how you must feel," Penelope laid her head down on the desk, her head turned to look at Jo. "The loss is going to hurt Jo, but you- you are a more than brilliant writer," A small smile took over her lips.

"You have more talent in a few of your fingers than most people do in their whole being," Jo slowly turned her head so she was too looking at Penelope. "You are going to be something more than extraordinary Jo March," Jo sniffed, another tear rolling over her nose and then her other cheek. "And that I can promise you,"

Jo didn't say anything, but she did not have to. Her heart had shattered throughout the night, but she knew that Penelope would always be there to try and pick up the pieces the best that she could.

"I love you Jo," Penny smiled, "I cannot wait to watch you be more than extraordinary,"

Jo smiled too, "I love you too Penny,"

( TAG-LIST )
silverfalcons, jbassettt, bananadas, casfollowedthebee, zackarina_writes, mannequinn25, georgesmlths, neplutos, softlyiridescent, -icyblood + rxvenclxaws

if you would like to be added to the tag-list, comment here

if you would like to be removed from the tag-list, comment here

Seguir leyendo

Tambiรฉn te gustarรกn

816K 26K 40
"When I fall in love, it will be forever." Little Women Theodore "Laurie" Laurence Based on the 2019 movie Little Women. >> own nothing START...
214K 4.5K 41
โ˜พโ˜€๏ธŽ๏ธŽโ˜ฝโค๏ธŽ ๐š—๐š’๐šŒ๐š”๐š—๐šŠ๐š–๐šŽ๐šœ ๊ง‚โ˜•๏ธŽ๏ธŽโœ๏ธŽ๏ธŽโฆ Marilyn March is the middle sister of the March family. Everyone likes her, but often forgotten as most middle ch...
562K 17.5K 20
His eyes turn to me. The hazel is practically mocking, and even though I don't react, there's no way he doesn't notice the way my face warms when he...
104K 2.5K 24
'๐‘‡โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘œ ๐™„๐™ฉ๐™จ ๐™Ž๐™ฃ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ' 'Well ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™ข๐™–๐™ ๐™š๐™จ ๐™–๐™ง๐™š ๐™ข๐™ค๐™ข๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ ๐™ข๐™ค๐™ง๐™š ๐™ง๐™ค๐™ข๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™˜๐™–๐™ก ' โ™ก๏ธŽ Theodore Laurence...