Together, Never (Sanders Side...

By CinnamonAngstRoll

[Complete] CherryWood Highschool. First day of senior year. In an average Wisconsin town, Virgil Sanders just... More

Chapter 1: Start of a new day of misery
Chapter 2: New School, Different Me
Chapter 3: I still don't like him
Chapter 4: Tattoos and Nightmares
A/N
Chapter 5: Studying and Suspicions
Chapter 6: Ice cream helps
Chapter 7: Trust
Chapter 8: Panic Slushies
Chapter 9: Bonfire Celebrations
Chapter 10: Ashes, ashes and the hoodie is gone
Chapter 11: Fight for him
Chapter 12: Don't get too close, I'm 'toxic'
Chapter 13: Escape
Chapter 14: Not so dumb
Chapter 15: Uh oh, feelings
Chapter 16: Hair despair and audio repair
Chapter 17: Friends again
Chapter 18: Threats and Love
Chapter 19: Plans
Chapter 20: Just ask him already
Chapter 21: Is my life a musical?
Chapter 22: The Winter Dance
Chapter 23: (snow) storms are approaching
Chapter 24: Hello again, Dr. Picani
Chapter 25: Tis' the season, but it's not all that jolly
Chapter 27: Hold on, I need to see where tf karma is
Chapter 28: New years
Chapter 29: Heartbreak
Chapter 30: Back with him
Chapter 31: Pep rally
Chapter 32: Prank turned blackmail
Chapter 33: Confused and in a group project
Chapter 34: Freedom
Chapter 35: Reconnect
Chapter 36: Together
Chapter 37: Set in motion
Chapter 38: Isn't it obvious?
Chapter 39: Salti Ice Cream
Chapter 40: Secrets secrets are no fun
Chapter 41: April Fools but its not a prank
Chapter 42: Patton's Birthday
Chapter 43: Take care
Chapter 44: REVENGE
Chapter 45: Coffee needed
Chapter 46: Stress and Cartoons
Chapter 47: A birthday surprise
Chapter 48: Performance and Prom
Chapter 49: Finals Stress
Chapter 50: Done with Highschool, off to College!
Sequel is out!

Chapter 26: Gifts and Visits

975 50 47
By CinnamonAngstRoll

*Logan POV*

Today is Christmas Day, but I don't feel like celebrating. Neither do my parents or at least not with me. I sometimes feel jealous of my sister, she's managed to maintain a good relationship with our parents. I don't think I ever will. Feelings are the one thing that clouds and confuses my logic. They are practically the bane of my existence. Apart from Virgil, he seems to be the one thing I can stay sure about. Or ay least positive about. I don't ever feel sure about everything I say or do with him.

I spend almost all of today in my room. At lunch, while Step-Mother and Father are out with the rest of our family, Christie comes to see me. Sometimes she feels like my only true family and blood relative. 

"Merry Christmas, baby brother." She says.

"Merry Christmas, Christie," I respond.

She drops a gift bag on my desk. 

"Thank you," I say, "You didn't have to get me anything."

"Nonsense. It's Christmas, and you are my brother." She says.

"But I didn't get you anything," I say.

It's true, I was planning on doing my Christmas shopping on the 22nd with Patton and Roman.

"Well, your gift to me can be moving out as soon as your not grounded." She says.

I sigh. I wish it was that easy. I'm grounded until the end of the break, and then on constant watch until I prove my 'therapy' is working. Why did I have to be born at the end of February?

"Christie, you know full well that if I leave before I'm legally allowed to, they'll just drag me back or say Patton's family kidnapped me," I tell her.

That's what almost happened with her and her first girlfriend. It was a huge mess, we almost went to court, and Christie was punished severely. That was when she was 16, and I was 12. What made it worse was that event made me scared of my sexuality, and too scared to even talk to other boys through most of middle school. Except for one boy. I don't remember his name, but I think I loved him.

That night, at around 8 PM, Step-Mother and Father leave to go spend the night with Step-Mother's family. My bedroom door is locked, and I have to ask permission to go to the bathroom. They always do this when I'm grounded, and they trust Christie to enforce the rules. Christie doesn't. 

I'm sitting at my window, studying the stars when I see someone. I open my window.

"Hello? Virgil?" I whisper into the night.

Virgil hasn't come to visit since Tuesday, and I'm starting to think it really was a dream.

*Roman POV*

Ever since break started, I've been getting texts from Amy with a, how do I put this, threatening undertone. She apparently knows about my past drama and a few other embarrassing things from my past and threatened to show them to everyone if I don't keep up my end of the deal. Why did I think making a deal with the Regina George of my school would be a good idea?

To be honest, I really had faith in my friends to tell me my plan was stupid. But they didn't. I guess it will be an act of small revenge to see Logan eventually break up with Amy. Now that will be fun to watch.

I spend half of Christmas day with my mother. Her parents died a long time ago, and she was an only child, so it's just us. I consider telling her that Remus and I made up, but her reaction when I told her he found his way to my party a while ago makes me think twice. I don't think she fully trusts Remus, as he chose Dad over her.

After we open each other's gifts, eat lunch, and spend some time together, I get to go see Patton. I'm taking him out to dinner tonight, but first, we are going to the park.

We spend half the day together, on a date. I make sure everything is perfect for Patton. After all, we only have about a year left before we go off to college. We don't know if we'll be in the same state, let alone the same college.

---

Our date goes perfectly, and after a Disney movie at my place, Patto suggests we visit Logan. I text Christie to make sure their parents aren't home. They aren't. We are about to drive to his house when Patton says,

"Wait! Shouldn't we bring Virgil? Logan would be ecstatic to see him. Or at least be happy." He says.

"Sure. Where is his house?" I ask.

I'm driving, and Patton directs me. We get there and Patton calls Virgil, letting him know what we're doing. He comes out of the building a few minutes later, holding three boxes covered in wrapping paper.

"Merry Christmas, you two. Here are your gifts." He says, handing us two of the boxes.

I don't open mine yet, as I'm still driving. We get to Logan's street within 10 minutes, and I park a fair distance away so no one can see us.

*Virgil POV*

"You're close," Roman says, turning on his phone flashlight.

"Merry Christmas, kiddo!" Patton says, walking next to Roman.

We had all agreed to come and surprise Logan for Christmas. I happily agreed, considering I haven't been with him for so long. I actually kinda missed him. It's hard to believe it's only been 3 days. Four since the dance.

"You guys are lucky my parents aren't home. If they find out they will figuratively kill me!" Logan hisses.

Roman smirks.

"Lucky, or we have Christie's number?" He says.

"Can we come in? It's freezing out here!" Patton says, hopping from one foot to another.

"Of course, come in. Merry Christmas." Logan says.

I step out of my shadow corner, and walk over to the window, scaring Logan a little bit.

"Oh- Virgil! You're here." He says, a flash of joy crossing his face.

"Yep." I say, "It's a Christmas miracle."

I climb through his window. This is the first time I've seen his room. After about an hour of just talking, Patton opens up his backpack. 

"We have gifts for you, Logan!" He says.

We all agreed to get him some a few days ago, considering his parents probably didn't. I made him a gift. A box of snickerdoodle cookies, as the night of the dance I saw him eat about 10. So I assume he likes them.

"T-Thank you Virgil." He says, opening my gift.

He takes one of the cookies and eats it in two bites.

"I think that is the fastest I've ever seen you eat a sweet," Roman says.

Logan shrugs.

As the hours pass, we have a lot of fun. Roman brought his computer and we watched several movies and plays. The one thing that will stick in my head from tonight is how Roman sang 'Sexy' as we watched Mean Girls, the musical.

At around 11, we decide to get going. Logan's parents will probably be back soon. Logan asks me to stay for a minute as Roman and Patton climb out his window.

"So I know I said I didn't get anything for you guys, but I do have something for you." He says.

"Really?" I say because I don't know what else to.

He nods and goes into his closet. He turns around and is holding the most amazing sweatshirt I have ever seen. It's black and has purple patchwork and stitches. It's beautiful.

"I- I don't know what to say," I say, in awe.

"I have a dictionary if you need to find some words." Logan offers.

I laugh. He hands me the sweatshirt. I put it on immediately. It's a perfect fit.

"Thank you," I whisper.

Logan steps towards me, encasing me in a hug.

"Anything for you." He says.

I suddenly have an idea. When Jan and I spent our first Christmas together, I got him a pair of earrings. We split the pair. They were stars and the moon. He had the moon, I had the stars. A few weeks later, they mysteriously returned to me. He didn't want them. I always kept the moon one in my pocket, even after we broke up. The stars stayed on my ear. I reach for it and press it into Logan's hand. Something tells me he will like it.

Our happy moment is dissolved when we hear the garage door open. I quickly rush out of his window and onto the roof. I hear voices from below. Just as I'm about to make the small drop, I hear one voice I recognize. 

"There! I told you he was trying to come and continue to infect Lo!" She yells.

I lose my balance and fall, landing on the ground with a loud thud.

You guys know exactly who that person is. She better count her days, because I heard the VPS is after her. I hope you enjoyed the small stop on the fluff coaster because we are about to reboard the angst one. I also hope you enjoyed reading, and feel free to leave ay thoughts, theories, or feedback in the comments. May your day/night be practically perfect in every way, you magnificent peep!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 54.1K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
13.9K 236 30
(CURRENT STATUS: Slow updates.) Winter, nephew of Queen Glacier grew up in the Ice Kingdom, always struggling to stay in the second circle, especiall...
4.9M 126K 88
"I'm asking to marry your daughter for 1 billion dollars." what would you think if a random stranger asked to take you away from your parents? Eve t...
19.2K 488 31
Fresh has never gone to school; as far as he was concerned, he was born and raised in the AU Program. Undercover in his senior year of high school wi...