On the Other Side

By anotherstoryteller

The Dieppe’s have a family secret. But only the girls from their family knew that. It was in the middle of th... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Completed.
To write or not to write

Chapter 8

70 17 2
By anotherstoryteller

ASTRYD

3 days since Nyx saw me got out of the tree. I don’t want to open the topic of that. What do I say to him?

“Hey, have you seen everything?”

“Hey, this might be weird but it’s pretty normal.”

Uhhhhg. What have I done? Someone saw me and I couldn’t say it to mom, well for starters she will have another reason to ban me going in there.

I went down my room for food when I realized I was alone again. I had the urge for some adventure. Sue me for being wanderlust but I can’t help it.

So what I did was heat up the lasagna my mom left for us and ate a small amount of it.

After eating, I immediately got out the house and went to the backyard hoping for another great adventure.

I let out a big sighed upon opening a door. I closed my eyes upon entering. I felt a cold breeze when I got in. I heard animals and when I opened my eyes I was terrified to see a big dog in front of me. And by big, the dog was huge and gigantic.

I ran around hoping that I would be outran the dog but who am I kidding, it was big and with this small body of mine I couldn’t.

I was running for long now but the dog haven’t moved an inch. It was still barking at me.

I giant woman went our way hushing the dog down.

“Hey buddy, what are you barking at?” her sweet voice asked the canine. Then she looked at me and bent down.

“How did you get in here?” she said as she extend her arms and letting her hand down on the ground. “Honey, don’t be scared. I won’t hurt you.”

I believed her sweet voice. She looks nice too. I climbed onto her hands and hugged her thumb. I was as big as her thumb. Did I got smaller or did the place just becomes bigger?

“What is your name?” she asked nicely.

“I… I am Astryd.” I told her.

“Ohh, what a nice name. So where do you came from?”

“I… I have no idea at all.”

“Poor thing. You must gone through a lot by the looks of what you are wearing.”

I looked at myself and saw how ragged my clothes are. Where have I come from?

“You should meet my daughter, she is about as big as you.” I saw her eyes glistened.

“Thumbelina!” she called her young one.

The old lady put me down on a table near the tree.

“I’m in here mother.” A gentle voice I heard. I looked down the table and saw a small beautiful girl with blue dress and her long yellow hair was neatly tied in a ribbon. She had this blue gorgeous eyes and she had the sweetest smile I have ever seen in my entire life.

The old woman got her up on the table with me.

“Oh my, you are like me.” she came running at me and hugged me tight. “We should wash and dress you, right mother?” She gazed at the old lady waiting for some sort of an affirmation.

“Oh yes sweetheart, we should.” The old lady said as she laid her hand on the table. Thumbelina pulled me to climb on the old lady’s hand and sat on her palm. She looks excited like a kid having a new toy.

“I came from a flower. Where do you came from?” She asked me with head tilted. Her eyes glistened with joy.

“Uhhhh, I came from a tree.” Which is true. I came here from our enchanted tree.

“Cool! We are like sisters now right? Will you stay here with us?” she asked and looked at her mother again.

“Yes. Yes that would be great.” The old lady said.

I just nodded.

We went in a small cozy cottage where everything is blue, green and pink. It was warm inside.

The old lady put us in a dollhouse near the window where everything is real. There was a dinning, a bedroom, a bathroom and everything you might need inside a house.

“Go on and take your baths darlings, I’ll cook a meal so we could eat. I bet Astryd is starving.”

I felt my stomach growl of hunger. Come to think of it I just ate a few bites of lasagna before going in here.

Thumbelina pulled me towards the dollhouse stairs and into the bathroom.

“Go into the showers.” She demanded. I did what she said and took a quick bath. After wrapping myself in a pink warm towel, I was startled because she was outside the shower waiting for me to come out. I bet she haven’t seen any human being her size.

“Let’s go. Let’s get you dress up.” she pulled me into a room with lots of dresses.

I took a green floral dress because I think it was cute. She think so too. She tied my hair neatly too and gave me a pair of flats.

“You look good Astryd.”She complimented me.

“Thank you Thumbelina, So are you.” We both smiled at each other.

“Lunch is ready,” The old lady called us. Thumbelina asked me to help her with the preparation of the table. She was not used to having someone on her own table with her for a long time and she was excited having me.

The old woman pulled the dining room, yeah all of it, and placed it on the dining table her own size. She carefully put some food into our plates, which smelled delicious.

We said our thanks and dug in the meal. I was never that hungry my entire life. I ate maybe four servings of the sweet food the old lady prepared. They were very happy having.

When we finished eating, Thumbelina stacked the used utensils and the old lady got it to be washed.

Thumbelina and I got outside the house and played all day with the animals they had in the small farm. I actually enjoyed every single minute of it.

Then at night the old lady kissed us goodnight and told us a bedtime story. She also made me a bed like Thumbelina and put it near Thumbelina’s bed. Our bedroom was girly and everything was pink.

After the story the old lady turn the lights of and before we went to sleep, Thumbelina daydreamed about her own prince, like the old lady told us in her bed time story.

The old lady blew the candle light from the table near our handmade doll house and disappeared through the door.

I was about to sleep when Thumbelina talked.

“Hey, Astryd. Are you up?” She asked in a hushed voice. I didn’t answer, to tell you the truth I wanted to sleep.

“Astryd?” she called me again louder than the first.

“Yes.” I answered her.

“Oh great.” She jumped off her bed and scoots in mine. “Have you ever thought of the feeling of being in love? Or someone who would love you?” She asked as if she was daydreaming.

“Uhh.” Is all I could answer. Actually I haven’t thought of something like that ever. I saw myself as just a wallflower and nobody likes me.

“Have you been in love?” She asked again looking at me with her glistening eyes.

“Uh, no.” my answer was very thrift. She pulled me out of bed and we went downstairs to the open book the old lady left on the table.

“Look how handsome the prince is in the story. I wish I would have one someday. My own prince. A prince my size. And we would live happily ever after.” She was dancing in circles and looking in love at the drawing of the prince in the book.

She again pulled me and made me dance with her. Humming some kind of music. Then we heard something knocking on the window. We were scared. Thumbelina hide behind a teacup the old lady left. But me being the adventurous little girl, I took all my courage to go near the window. I was looking in the glass and saw nothing when it opened. I stumbled on the edge of the window nearly falling way down. I think it was a few feet from the window sill and it would kill me if I fell.

Good thing someone pulled me over and to my surprise it was a boy with wings.

“Are you okay?” he asked helping me get up.

“Hmm-mm.” my voice was nowhere to be found.

“I’m. Pr… er.. Peter.” He said as if he choked saying his name. “What is your name?” he asked and he was still assisting me. He was holding me hand and his other hand was wrapped on my waist.

“Astryd?” Thumbelina’s voice came from nowhere. “Are you okay?” fear dripping on her voice.

“Yes.” I composed myself and Peter stood beside me and unwrapped his hands off of me.

“Hello, I’m Peter.” He said beaming a cute smile.

“Hi, I’m Thumbelina.”

“And you are?” He faced me still smiling. He kind of looks like someone I know.

“I’m Astryd.” I finally said. He took my hands and kissed it. “Sorry for earlier.”

“It’s fine. I’m fine. No harm done.” I responded.

Our introductions was interrupted by three knocks on the windows. It was a bee.

“So that is my ride, beezy.” Peter sheepishly said. He left us going outside and talking to beezy. Thumbelina and I looked through the glass window as Peter talks to his bee.

“He is kind of cute.” Thumbelina said dreamily.

He looked at us again and smiled. He went inside again leaving beezy outside the cold surrounding.

“Do you guys want a ride?” He asked but he was looking at me.

I nervously looked at Thumbelina hoping she would like to try it because I would.

“I think I’d stay here.” She responded to Peter’s question.

“I’d go.” I blurted. Thumbelina looked at me in horror. “I’ll be fine. I just want to try this.”I said.

“Astryd…” she said. “I just got you.”

“I’ll be fine Thumbelina.”And I held her hand. “Right Peter?” I looked at Peter and he was looking at us. “Peter?” I repeated. “Peter??”

“Oh yes. I’m Peter. Yes. It’s perfectly safe. I’ll bring you home safe.”He assured Thumbelina. Peter went out to get beezy ready. Thumbelina and I followed him. Thumbelina hugged me tight before she let me go.

“Here, wear this.” Peter handed me some kind of helmet. “For your own good.” He said in a serious face.

His face made me nervous. But I did wear the helmet anyway. He held my hand and assisted me to climb into beezy. As soon as I was at the bee’s back he flew. I hugged Peter so I wouldn’t fall. He flew me to places that was mesmerizing. We had an amazing time. After some time he dropped me down our house again.

“I’ll fetch you up tomorrow again.” Peter said.

“What? Why?” I asked. I was confused about it.

“To meet my people. Our people.” He simply replied.

“Can I bring Thumbelina with me?” I asked. If there are meeting people our kind here, well we should bring Thumbelina.

“Uhh, sure.” He replied.

Beezy buzzed getting our attention. I saw Peter rolled his eyes at him.

“Uhhhg. Just wait beezy.” He shouted calmy at beezy. He switched his gaze from beezy to me. “So, I’ll meet you before 8. I want to see your mother too.” he said.

Not to bring this guy’s hopes up but my mother is in another world and I’m like a hundred feet bigger than him if I was in my original size. All I have done is nod at him. To my surprise he hugged me and kissed my cheeks.

“See you in the morning Astryd. Bye.” He took a last look at me and rode beezy and then flew. They were gone seconds later after taking off the window sill.

I went inside and called Thumbelina. There was no answer. I called her a few more times. Still no answer. Then my heart began to thump hard. I felt something was wrong. I ran towards out bedroom, there was no Thumbelina. I roamed around the doll house but still no Thumbelina. I saw her shoe in the window sill and instantly I felt like cold water washed over me.

“Mother!!!!!” I shouted.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 39 30
Elizabeth and Laylen have been friends since they were babies. When they were five they find a special tree. They both loved it and they would go t...
104K 4.2K 43
Jade Silva wasn't looking forward to spending her entire summer at her grandmas house. She lived in one of the hottest states, Arizona. Not to mentio...
34.5K 4K 48
Secrets can be Powerful. ...But they can also be Deadly. Unable to weld magic dooms Julia to a life of servitude and drudgery. Desperate to break fre...
186 42 22
2 people, same university. Both have very similar backstories. Both grew up without their biological parents. Neither know who their parents are, and...