The Dark Side of Bright Moon...

By a_dumb_skater

Catradora high school AU. Really nothing else to say, except Catra isn't a damsel in distress 24/7. If you wa... More

Prologue
Chapter One, the Tour.
Chapter 2, locker trouble
Chapter 3, infectious
Chapter 4, you're a dork.
Chapter 5, Flower Farts and Calvin Klein
Chapter 7, Be a dear and just play with your dolls
Chapter 8, vegan milk doesnt make a morning person.
Chapter 9, Operation make Catra jealous to spare Adora's ego IS A GO!
Chapter 10, Double the Trouble, Double the Fun
Chapter 11, How to look like a play boy.
Chapter 12, 100 dollars
Chapter 13, Rotten Eggs make terrible omlets
Chapter 14, Sucker punch
Chapter 15, liar,liar
Chapter 16, you look gay.
Chapter 17, shes so bright
Chapter 18, by myself
Chapter 19, kiss, marry, or kill
Chapter 20, floof
Chapter 21, Scenic Skating
Chapter 22, Claws.
Chapter 23, Clear
Chapter 24, Steak n' Shake
Chapter 25, Bruises
Chapter 26, Fuckin mint
Chapter 26, Deep sigh
Chapter 27, Tiny leap
Chapter 28, Magic Dance (re-edited)
Chapter 29, Facade
Chapter 30, oof this is long
Chapter 31, Strawberry ice cream
Chapter 32, i forgot yo name this crap
Chapter 33, confrontation as shit hits the fan
Chapter 34, sad jock
Chapter 35, Sweater weather
Chapter 36, Calm before the storm (pride special tha im late on)
chapter 37, Hurricane
A/N, and an important one too.
Chapater 38, bitter sweet
Chapter 39, I love you
Chapter 40, Get in losers we going shopping
Chapter 41, Game day Part 1
Chapter 42, game day part 2
Chapter 43, full circle.

Chapter 6, she'll be the death of me.

4.8K 178 225
By a_dumb_skater

CATRA'S POV

The evening was going very smoothly. Too smoothly. Well, almost, I kinda like it though.

Me and Adora got most of the research done, and she was kind of sleepy, which was understandable since it was around 9 o'clock. 

She was wearing her basketball athletic t-shirt from her travel team and some basketball shorts. She was leaning on my shoulder while I was reading back our notes aloud.

The front door slammed as Shadow Weaver walked up the stairs. Her footsteps were heavy and rhythmic. She wasn't in a good mood. She never was. And when she's not in a good mood, bad things happen. Things I don't need Adora asking about.

I asked Adora as loud as I could if she understood Phsophorus's electrons. I wanted Weaver to know someone was over so she didn't embarrass herself or me.

Weaver knocked on the door frame. She never did that. She must have taken the hint. That was a good thing, but it didn't calm my nerves.

I tensed up a little, Adora noticed and looked up at me. Of course she noticed, she was Adora. I smiled and turned my attention to Mrs. Weaver.

 "You must be up the illusive Adora everyone has been talking about. I can't believe you would befriend my little Catra of all people" she smiled, her leathery old face contorting in a way it hadn't in a while, "Its late you know, your welcome to stay the night if you like."

I, nor Shadow Weaver expected her to accept , but if she did, she could brag about how her poor little orphans were going places with the best.

 "I would hate to intrude....Mrs. Weaver, correct?" Adora was trying to be polite .

 "Yes, that's right. It seems my reputation proceeds me," she grinned, " You look starved. Has Catra not offered you anything to eat? Of course she hasn't, that's my little Catra for you, " She handed me a twenty dollar bill, "Drive her to the nearest restaurant, order what you want Adora, then you can spend the night of you wish. I insist. "

She stood over me and ran her boney, dry, leather fingers, over my cheek, and under my chin. She pushed it to look into her eyes, "Grab your keys, Catra!" she drawled.

She forced  a smile and left the room. I quickly pulled on my leather riding jacket and yanked an extra helmet off of a shelf angrily. I looked over at Adora and groaned.

"You're gonna need a hoodie, at the least... and a jacket, probably." 

"I'll be fi-" 

"Trust me, you won't."

I took off my sweat shirt and tossed it to her. I was wearing a cropped ratty carhardt tee-shirt underneath. It showed some marks if i moved my shoulders or arms too fast. I put on my riding jacket as fast as I could. The longer I was uncovered, the risk her of noticing grew.

I didn't want her to see my bruises and worry. I hate being a burden to the people around me. I don't want to be like Mrs. Weaver, always complaining and blaming others for her problems. I refuse.

I marched over to my closet and realized it was still filled with trash. I snatched one of my random heavy riding jackets as fast as I could without the avalanche of crap burying me alive. I tossed her my old jacket.

I glanced at her up and down quickly, checking her out like merchandise for purchase. It wasn't a bad view when she was in my hoodie, but realized she was wearing shorts. I groaned and turned back around.

"I'm fine, really. It's a short drive anyway."

"Trust me princess, you don't want a big bug to smack you in the shin going 60 miles an hour at night in the cold."

 She's smiled guiltily. I sighed and smiled back at her.

I pulled out a clean pair of my joggers and tossed them to her. They were my cover-up pants for track. Back when I was still at Horde. With all my friends.

"I'll be waiting outside." 

 I stepped out of her room and closed the door.

The entire night had been going great until now. Why did Weaver always shove her ego into everyone elses buissnes? Into my buissness.

Weaver was just trying to boost her image like always. She was just using Adora as a pawn. I wanted to warn Adora, but she would worry about me. It made me so angry. I leaned against the wall and crossed my arms.

Why did I care so much about what Adora thought of me and Weaver anyway? She was from Horde too. She knew how things worked here.

       This girl will be the death of me.

ADORA'S POV

 Catra 's hoodie smelled like her shampoo and her cologne. It was a nice smell. Like the pine trees my dad and I used to the watch birds make nests in.

It made me feel cozy and safe. The grey and red splatter hoody was warm and fuzzy on the inside. It has she soccer number on it from when she went to Horde High. It was big on her but for normally in me. 

I bet she would look like an ant one of my hoodies

I chuckled to myself and slid off my shorts. I  stepped into the joggers. They were old but soft and thick. They were from Horde High's track team. Dark grey with a thick maroon stripe down the side. The pockets were embroidered, but it was too ratty and old to read.

I went to Horde intermediate. I knew Brightmoon was better. Had more opportunities. If there was one thing I knew about Horde High, it was that these used to be part of a uniform. A uniform Catra probably held on to for next season, but she transfered her instead.

Meaning, these ratty pants were the best Horde High could provide.

I'm glad I transferred.

I sighed and stepped out of her room while putting on her jacket. I smiled at her. She looked at me unimpressed, but a smile her creeped onto her face despite her best efforts.

 "This is your helmet. You can connect your phone to only and play music if you want. " She handed me a red helmet with a flippy down visor shield thingy. 

 She grabbed my hand and pulled me down the stairs. She shouted over her shoulder some half hearted goodbyes and then closed the door. She then led me around to the side of the house.

Her motorcycle was black with some red detailing. It was more like a racing bike than an old guys Harley Davidson. It may not have been new, but with how tidy and well kept it was, you would have never known.

It can probably go really fast.

I shuddered at the thought of going fast and on a motorcycle for all things. They are  death traps. Even more dangerous death traps on the pothole ridden streets of Horde.

 Catra zipped up her jacket. I followed suit and fumbled around for the zipper. I found it. I struggled to zip up the jacket. I tried again, but I couldn't get the zipper to line up.  Catra chuckled softly, set her helmet on the seat, then walked over to me.

"I might not know how to sit in a chair, but at least I can zip up a jacket." When smiled at me, her bi -color  eyes  practically spotlight in the dark. 

 She pushed my hand down and grabbed the ends of the jacket. She lined up the zipper and pulled it up to my chin. She was so close to my face, I could feel her breath on my cheek. She smiled at me and fixed my hood, too. Her fingers tugged it out from underneath the leather.

Her fingers were cold, and my face got hot when she touched my neck. In an instant, they were gone. She grabbed her helmet and then swung her leg over her bike and patted the seat behind her. That stupid helmet was blocking me from seeing her smile.

"Gonna get on princess?" I couldn't see her face, but I knew she was smiling at me. 

God I wish I could see it.

I had just began to awkwardly straddled her bike when reveved the engine. I latched on to her, scared to death.

I can't believe I'm doing this.

"Relax princess, I'm a good driver, we'll go slower than usual, how about that?" She laughed,"Just hold onto my waist, okay princess? "

I latched my arms around her waist and pulled myself as close to her as I could. I leaned my head on her shoulder. When rhe bike lurched foward, I gripped even tighter. Catra patted my leg and drove and up the road.

CATRAS POV

The drive was slower than it usually would be. Adora had a death grip on my waist, sucking out every ounce of air the entire way there. There was no space between her and I. We pulled into a Wal-Mart parking lot, and I got off. 

"Since we are out, I wanted to pick up some snacks, is the okay with you? " I flipped up the visor on her helmet playfully.

She nodded eagerly.

I held out my hand and supported her weight as she got off. Her hands trembled as she took off her helmet. They reached for her zipper, but she couldn't seem to get a hold of it. 

"I can get you whatever you want, I got paid yesterday," I stated, yanking off my helmet and walking around to the other side of my bike," You can also decide where you wanna go to eat."

I put my helmet on the seat and moved her hand once again so I could unzip her jacket. It was a little stuck, so I zipped it up then back down a few times before coming free. 

"T-thanks," she stuttered, "you don't need to get me anything."

I talked over my shoulder while putting our helmets in the compartment under the seat .

"Are you sure? They just released a new Barbie, I thought you might wanna cop it, since she is one of your people after all. You know, plastic." I chuckled, and she playfully shoved me.

 I swung keys around my finger, then slid them into my pocket and smirked at her.

"Let's just go."

She dragged me into the store with more force than necessary, but I wasn't complaining. It's not every day the most popular girl in school holds your hand.

Thanks so much for reading, it really means a lot that over 40 people have read so far (At the time of writing and editing). I enjoy writing it, and I think I'd probably still would even if people didn't. Any way stay safe and stay healthy. Until next time my lovelys.

P.s. the thumb nails are gonna get stupider, so be prepared.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.2K 1.1K 10
Kumandra is being reunited again. Five Lands are finally coming back together. But Raya suddenly becomes distant from Heart, from her Family and, esp...
28.7K 610 19
~Please Don't Leave~ An Arcane: League of Legends fanfiction featuring Vi x Caitlyn ---- Piltover is under attack. Caitlyn begs in vain for Vi, the Z...
566K 12.6K 39
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
6.4K 246 20
Adoras mother died about two years ago and her father died last year and now she lives with her aunts mara and hope in bright moon...and she's hat...