Groovy Baby ~That 70s show St...

By kittycat2e

Lana Forman the twin sister of Eric Forman has always been a trouble maker. She her dad's and her mother's ab... More

The Gang
Ephigraph
Prologue
One {1976}
Two
Three
Four
Five
six
Seven
eight
Nine
Ten
eleven
1977
twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
nineteen
twenty
Twenty-one
twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
twenty-Five
twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
1978
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-nine
Forty
Forty-one
forty-two
Forty-three
Forty-four
Forty-Five

Thirty-four

5.8K 143 5
By kittycat2e

Date Night

🌸🌸🌸

The gang were sat in the basement like usual, watching a Batman movie. Kelso was eating a popsicle by the freezer, Eric and Fez were on the couch, and Lana and Hyde were on Hyde's usual seat.

"Oh, don't put Batman in the clam of death, Riddler. That's just gonna make him mad," Fez said to the TV shaking his head,"God, your stupid."

"Fez, for the last time, the Riddler can't hear you." Eric said getting annoyed by the comments

"Riddle me this, Riddler.When Batman escapes from the clam of death...who will kick your riddle-telling ass in?" Fez said sassily to the Tv

"Hey, Fez. Riddle me this," Eric said before punching Fez in the shoulder

"Then riddle me this." Fez said, then put his finger in his mouth before sticking in Eric's ear. Hyde, Kelso and Lana were quietly laughing at them. 

"Oh, but, Fez, only if you riddle me this." Eric said before giving Fez a "purple nurple".

"Ow!", Fez said getting more mad, "Riddle me this, you son of a bitch!" he said before tackling Eric

Jackie came running into the room excited, "Oh, my God! Guess what!"

"Stop! Fez!" Eric said sarcastically,"This could be important!". Jackie rolled her eyes and glared at Eric. Eric slapped Fez on the face. Jackie huffed and continued what she was saying.

"You guys, the Roller Disco Doo-dah is coming to Kenosha next Friday!" Jackie said excitedly

"Oh, my God! Guess what!" Hyde faked excitement, then him and Lana both blew Raspberries. 

"See, now, that's the kind of thing the judges really frown upon during competition, Steven." Jackie  pointed out

"Excuse me?"

"We're gonna be partners!" Jackie said excitedly, Hyde just gave her a confused look.

"Skating partners!" she said further explaining 

"Hey, how about instead, you hit me in the face with a wrench, and I black out?" Hyde suggested

"Steven..." Jackie said moving closer to him to sit on the armrest of the couch and she pushed Lana off of his lap and onto the floor, "this is not just a last chance   at roller disco. It's a last chance at love-our love.Now, will you or will you not skate with me?"

"I would, Jackie...but seeing you there in your cute little skating outfit...with all your tassels and sequins...I might be tempted to...push you down a flight of stairs." Hyde said with a small smile, before getting up and helping Lana up.

The two of them walked upstairs. Lana was really getting tried of Jackie constantly flirting with Hyde. It would make her feel better if she knew where they stood with each other. But trying to have a heart to heart conversation with Hyde was nearly impossible.

They walked up to Lana's room. Hyde was on her bed, and Lana decided she'd do some homework. She put her hair up messily and started to work on her history homework. She didn't notice that Hyde was staring at her. 

He loves how focused she was when she was doing homework. The way her nose would scrunch up slightly when she was working on a hard question. And how when she would get really frustrated she would start fiddling with her pencil. 

"Do you want to go on a date?" He suddenly asked, not even realizing that words were coming out of his mouth.

Lana turned to face him in shock. She didn't know what to say, or if she even heard him right. "Umm... What did you just say?"

"Do you what to go on a date?" he asked again, not so rushed this time

Lana was blushing like crazy, she was completely off guard but at the same time she was super excited, "Umm... Yeah, I would".

"Cool" Hyde said getting up and walking out of the room, "I plan everything and tell you the details later"

"Cool" Lana said as he closed the door. As soon as the door closed she squealed in excitement. She couldn't believe that this was saccutally happening. She wished that she could tell Donna about it, but she figured it would be better if no one knew.

🌸🌸🌸

Lana and Kitty were frosting cupcakes in the kitchen when Eric walked in, coming home from work. "Hi, sweetie. How was work?" Kitty asked

"Oh, pretty good..." Eric nodded,"except for the fact that Dad's getting sued for firing a Price Mart employee."

"What?" Lana asked dropping her cupcake in shock

"Okay. Well, good. Have a cupcake." Kitty in a surprisingly calm voice. The twins were shocked that she was angry or upset.

"Mom, did you hear what I said?" Eric asked confused

"Uh-huh, and it's just so very unpleasant, I'm ignoring it. So, have a cupcake." Kitty said handing a cupcake to Eric.

 "Cause  that sounds like a perfectly normal and healthy response" Lana shook her head, "Who's suing dad?"

"Earl is suing Dad for wrongful termination." Eric explained

"Earl? He didn't do his job. He was always late. He was a complete dumb-ass..." Kitty said  angrily before realizing she cruised, "person." she corrected herself

"Mom, you said ass." Eric laughed

"Well, now so did you. Give me back the cupcake, foul mouth." Kitty said taking the cupcake away from Eric and giving it to Lana, "I can't even imagine the mood your father's in."

"Oh god, remind me to hide in my room for the next few days," Lana said thinking about how angry her father is going to be

"Actually, he doesn't know yet. I got the news after he left." Eric said worriedly, "God, Dad is gonna freak. I don't know how we're gonna tell him." Eric said as Red was walking into the kitchen.

"Tell me what?" Red asked

"That, uh...Mom said the "ass" word." Lana lied, she just couldn't tell her dad the bad news.

"Well, now...actually, um...Red, um-" Kitty stammered.

"You know, Mom,I got this one." Eric said, "Okay, uh, everyone here who's not being sued by Earl for wrongful termination...raise their hand."The three of them raised their hands in response.

"But at least we have cupcakes" Lana said with a nervous smile, trying to help the situation.

🌸🌸🌸

Lana and Donna were trying to read some magazines in the basement but they couldn't because Kelso was distracting them. He was pacing around still thinking about the Jackie-Fez situation.

"I don't getJackie, man. I mean, picking Fez over me? Me?" Kelso said in disbelief, " I have the three things that women want. I'm-I'm hot, and I'm smart."

"That's two things, moron." Donna said correcting him.

"No, it's three. I count hot twice.I mean, come on." Kelso chuckled as if that was a given

"You left out humble," Lana joked

"Kelso, who cares? It's a stupid roller disco thing." Donna said turning the page in her magazine

"Yeah, and Jackie doesn't like Fez she just wasn't to win the completion," Lana added

Yeah, I guess you're right.It's silly for me to be jealous. You two are good friends" Kelso said.

"Yeah." They agreed

"Cause when you think about it, I mean, what does Fez have going for him..." Donna started to say, "except an incredibly sexy accent and an extremely hot body?"

"Okay. Now you're being a bad friend, Donna." Kelso said getting worried 

"You know what? I bet if Fez helps Jackie win a roller disco...she might rip his clothes off
and have sex with him right there on the rink.That's how hot he is." Lana added to mess with Kelso 

"Bad friend, Donna! Bad Lana!" Kelso yelled, making the two girls laugh.

"It's just too easy" Lana laughed

🌸🌸🌸

Lana walked into her living room, to see her family listening to Red yell about the law suit. "Oh, look at this guy's complaint. "Red Forman was habitually ill-tempered." Am I ill-tempered?" he asked angrily

"No, sir. You're like Mary Poppins." Eric said in a monotone voice

"Yeah dad you're like Mike Brady" Lana added in a sarcastic tone.

"Okay, honey. Well, it says here you have to go to the labor board.You know what, Red Forman, you have to go in there and defend yourself." Kitty explained

Red laughed, "I'll defend myself. I'll go in there,and I'll tell those morons...that they're wasting my time with this stupid crap!"

"Or...you could control your temper." Kitty suggested

"No offense, Mom, but what's plan "B"?" Eric laughed. Lana just shook her head, her brother really didn't know when to shut up.

"Hey, shut it, pal." Red warned

"Okay, now, see, that's the kind of thing that's gonna get you in trouble. Now, when-when I get really angry, I just-I laugh it off... like this."kitty said before doing her famous laugh, "See?"

"Oh, geez, Kitty. That'll never work. That's dumb." Red complained. Which made Kitty laugh again.

🌸🌸🌸

Lana was finishing up the last of her make up. She couldn't believe that her and Hyde were actually going to go on a date. And for once there was no one around to join them, or interrupt them. 

She had on a red mini dress, with flared out long sleeves. She had on some sliver jewelry and some sliver scrappy heels. Her hair was in light waves, and some of the front pieces were pinned back so that you could see her face. 

The was a knock on her bedroom door and she went to open it. Hyde was standing there, he had on a nice shirt, and a vest. He had is hair just it always was, wild and curly. He had his sunglasses off, and Lana could see in his eyes that he was just as nervous as her.

"You look nice" he finally said, barely audibly 

Lana blushed, "You too". Hyde took her hand and they left out the front door, so Kitty who was in the kitchen angry baking, wouldn't see them. They quickly got into the Vista Cruiser, Hyde in the driver seat and left. 

Lana was staring out the window, looking at the pasting scenery outside, while some random slow song played on the car radio. Hyde was focused on the road, not really knowing what to say, he was too scared that tonight was going to mess everything up between them.

Hyde finally turned his head slightly to look at her. Lana had her eyes closed, and was absorbed in the song. Her hand was hanging outside the open window, and the wind was wiping her hair around. Lana slowed opened her eyes and turned to face Hyde. 

Hyde quickly turned his head forward and acted as if he wasn't staring at her. Lana rolled her window up so the sound of the wind was gone. Lana looked over at Hyde who was avoiding eye contact. 

"So what do you have planned for us?" Lana asked with a small smile.

Hyde chuckled lightly, "It's a surprise" 

They started to talk about random things like they usually would. And no matter the subject Hyde would always bring up how the government is trying to control them or spy on them.A twenty minute car ride later, and Hyde and Lana walk into a fancy restaurant. Lana was speechless, she just figured they would go get burgers at the hub. The waiter sat them down at a table for two, by the window. 

Hyde was tapping his fingers against the table nervously, as he looked through the menu. Lana thought about when she asked Hyde to take her on a practice date. How nervous she was. And how he made her feel completely comfortable. 

Lana slowly grabbed his hand, Hyde looked up at her. "It's just a date. It's just me" Lana repeated the words Hyde told her.

🌸🌸🌸

Lana and Hyde finished up their date. It went amazing, they got rid of all the awkwardness and could just have fun. They went to the water tower and we're sat looking at the small town down below.

Hyde had his arm around Lana's shoulders. 

"I had a great time" Lana said looking up at Hyde.

Hyde looked down at her and whispered "me too"

They both slowly leaned in, lips barely brushing. They were so close that they could feel each other's breath on their face. They finally closed the gap. The kiss was slow and passionate. Lana ran her hands through Hyde's hair, and Hyde wrapped is hands around her waist. They slowly pulled away, Hyde pressed his forehead against her's. They were out of breath, unable to open their eyes.

They drove home and Hyde walked Lana to her front door. "Thank you for tonight. It was amazing" Lana smiled softly.

"I had a great time too" Hyde said kicking the ground, "Maybe we could do it again sometime"

Lana blushed, "I would like that".

Hyde leaned down, gently grabbed her face and gave her a kiss, "Good night Lana"

"Good night" Lana breathed out as she slowly opened the door and went inside. She walked up the stairs and flopped onto her bed. She let out a content sigh, tonight was the best night she ever had in Pointe Place.

🌸🌸🌸

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

292 2 7
This story is about That '70s show, what if somethings in the show where changed? Basically this what if story has two what ifs in it, and these wha...
157K 2.9K 32
Eric's twin sister Y/n has always been a bit different from the rest of the Formans, her music taste was different, her clothing style was different...
2.5K 56 12
They both had their hearts broken but that doesn't mean neither we're willing to give up on love. Not yet anyways. Follow the story of Eric and Jacki...
1.5K 32 24
When Steve Randle's twin sister falls hopelessly in love with their best friend, she's forced to learn her horrible past, and learn what it feels lik...