The Boy With The Straw Hat (L...

By kumiakari

You live in Foosha Village, or Luffy's hometown. Growing up, you constantly heard about the daring boy who wa... More

Prologue/Introduction
Chapter 1: 10 Years later! At the Baratie Sea Restaurant!
Chapter 2: Ero Cook! Meet Sanji!
Chapter 3: The Strongest Pirate Fleet! Commodore Don Krieg!
Chapter 4: The New Straw Hat Pirates Member!
Chapter 5: Water Bearer Y/n! "Water Lady!"
Chapter 6: I Won't Die! Fierce Battle, Luffy and Y/n vs. Krieg!
Chapter 7: Set Sail! The Seafaring Cook and Water Bearer Set off With Luffy!
Chapter 8: Witch of Cocoyashi Village! Arlong's Female Leader!
Chapter 9: Usopp Dead?! When is Luffy Going to Make Landfall?!
Chapter 10: Luffy in Big Trouble! Fishmen vs The Luffy Pirates!
Chapter 11: Bounty! Straw Hat Luffy Becomes Known To The World!
Chapter 12: The Three Sword Style's Past!
Christmas Special
Chapter 13: The Legend Has Started! Head For The Grand Line!
Chapter 14: Precursor to a New Adventure! Apis, a Mysterious Girl!
Chapter 15: Miraculous Creature! Apis' Secret and the Legendary Island!
Chapter 16: Eric Attacks! Great Escape from Warship Island!
Ask The Straw Hats!!
Chapter 17: A Solitary Island in the Distant Sea! The Legendary Lost Island!
Chapter 18: Luffy, Completely Surrounded! Commodore Nelson's Secret Strategy!
Chapter 19: An Angry Showdown! Cross The Red Line!
Chapter 20: A Promise Between Men! Luffy and The Whale Vow To Meet Again!
Chapter 21: A Town That Welcomes Pirates? Setting Foot On Whiskey Peak!
Chapter 22: Three Sword and Twin Sword Style! Zoro and Y/n vs Baroque Works!
Chapter 23: All Out Battle! Luffy vs. Y/n!
Ask The Straw Hats!! Part 2
Chapter 24: Deliver Princess Vivi! The Luffy Pirates Set Sail!
The Good News and the Bad News
Chapter 25: An Ancient Island! The Shadow Hiding In Little Garden!!
Chapter 26: Huge Duel! The Giants Dorry and Broggy!
Chapter 27: Mist, A What?! A Dirty Trick Violates The Sacred Duel!
Chapter 28: The Human Mist!Devilish Candle! Tears of Regret and Tears of Anger!
Chapter 29: A Hex On Luffy and Y/n! Colors Trap!
Chapter 30: Time to Fight Back! Usopp's Quick Thinking and Fire Star!
Chapter 31: Farewell Little Garden! Nami's Sick?!
Chapter 33: Avalanche! The Journey Up The Mountain!
Chapter 34: Climb The Drum Rockies!!
Chapter 35: Blue-Nosed Reindeer! Chopper's Secret!
Chapter 36: Fight Wapol's Crew! The Power of the Munch Munch Fruit!
Chapter 37: The End of the Drum Kingdom!
Chapter 38: Hiriluk's Cherry Blossoms! Miracle in Drum Rockies!
Chapter 39: Goodbye Drum Island! Alabasta's Hero!
380+ Hearts Special: Straw Hats Meet Bnha! (Ask the Straw Hats Pt. 3)
Chapter 40: Off To The Desert Kingdom! Port Town Nanohana!
Chapter 41: The Heroes Reunion! His Name is Fire Fist Ace!
Chapter 42: Ace and Luffy: Brotherly Bonds!!
Chapter 43: A Date With Mist?! The Mysterious Feeling Returns!
Chapter 44: Confessions! Luffy and Y/n's First Fight...?
Chapter 45: Erumalu, the City of Green and the Kung Fu Dugongs!

Chapter 32: The Tin Tyrant Wapol! Water Bearer and the Cold!

1.7K 74 44
By kumiakari

Recap:

"Then, what's that?" Zoro looks through the binoculars again and the three of you look forward and see in the distance a man with a purple and green fur coat and bow and arrows on his back. He has a jester's hat and is clearly standing on the water.

"Huh?!"

The three of you gaped at the man for a moment, before he spoke in a somewhat soft voice, but loud enough to be heard, "It's quite cold today isn't it?" Luffy, you and Usopp look at one another for a moment, before Luffy says, "It's is pretty cold today huh?"

Usopp nods, "Y-yeah....." The man remains emotionless. "Is that so?" The five of you just paused in silence before you felt a strange rumbling from below. "Y-you guys! Look!"

Suddenly a large watermelon-like metal sphere appears out of the water. "What the heck?!" Usopp screeches at it's large size, blowing the Merry back a bit and shaking the waves out of control. Usopp tumbles back on the deck but you and Luffy managed to grab the railing of the ship to steady yourselves. "What is this?! A watermelon?!"

Vivi and MIst cry out as they almost fall over from the large shaking they could feel in the boat. "What is with all this shaking?!" Vivi cries. Sanji is quick to grab the mattress that Nami is on, to stable it and keep her from falling off. You quickly use your power to stabilize the waves temporarily.

Zoro's eyes widen. "Don't tell me...Is this a ship?!" And the green haired male was right, as the metal outer parts of the ship were lowered down, replacing it with a hippo head with a magenta crown, and a flag flying on the mast with a skull and a matching crown design.

"A pirate ship?!" You gasp at it's enormous size. It was the size of three normal sized pirate ships! "Damn and just when we're in a hurry too..." Zoro mutters seeing the large amount of guards that were in the front of the ship, laughing at you and the rest of the crew.

"Haha! Surprised by our underwater raid ship, the Tin Tyrant?!"

Back below in the room, Sanji could feel something was very off, especially from the loud sounds of footsteps from above. "Vivi-chan, Dolphin look after Nami-swan!" he shouts running up the stairs. "Yes!!" Vivi says, followed by Mist muttering something to the effect of 'damn pervert cook'

Sanji stops once he reaches outside however, looking down and lighting his cigarette. He lets out a puff of smoke, before lowering the cigarette from his mouth and speaks once more. "What's going on?"

"We're being ambushed."

Luffy, you, Usopp, Zoro were all surrounded with men pointing guns at you, including Sanji, "Well, I kind of figured as much." the blonde says. "There's only five of you....What strange pirates. That can't be the only people on this ship."

Everyone's gaze falls onto the large man covered in a white fur cape, with short purple hair and metal plating on his chest. He has orange shorts with purple triangles at the top. His mouth also appeared metallic but that didn't weird the five of you out as much as when he ate a large piece of meat off his knife and bit right through the blade as well.

Usopp gags, "Just watching him do it hurts!" he says despite the fact he was already shaking in fear with his arms up from the several men pointing guys at you all. The man pops the handle of the knife in his mouth, chewing that up before speaking again. "We are heading for Drum Kingdom. Do you happen to have an Eternal Pose or Log Pose on you?"

You narrow your eyes at the male, becoming quite irritated with his carefree manner. "No, we don't. We've never even heard of such a place. Now leave right this instant." you snap. "Yeah! Hurry up and go away!" Luffy shouts.

"I see..." the man chuckles. "Well if you don't, I might as well take your ship and it's treasures. But first, I'm feeling a bit hungry!" and with that, his mouth expands before he bites a chunk of the Going Merry, making everyone's eyes widen. "What the-?!" Sanji stutters.

"WHAT IS THIS GUY?!" Usopp screams in anger and fear, being the ship was from Kaya.

"Oi you bastard! Don't eat our ship!" Luffy yells, leaning over the railing from the higher level of the ship, causing the men to aim the barrels of the guns closer. "Hold it right there! Wapol-sama is eating!"

"Shut up!" Luffy yells before using his fists to smack down the two guards. "He's resisting! Fire!" Zoro smirks, throwing off the beige blanket from his shoulders. "Should've done this from the start."

Sanji grins. "Oh? We can have at them?" Usopp crawls away behind the mast as the men rapidly shoot. "No!! We can talk this out!" You grin as well, watching as the water next to you rises to your level. "Nope!"

Vivi gasps hearing the gunshots. "Gunshots?!" she is quick to stand, running up the stairs. "Please wait with Nami you two!" she yells to Mist and Karoo, despite Mist's protesting that he should be the one up there fighting.

Sanji charges at one of the 'pirates' who are rapidly firing but he easily dodges, kicking the male in the head and knocking him out instantly. He takes three more out after doing a 180 kick on his hands. Above, three men fall as Zoro hops down from the mast, both katanas out. He easily takes out another ten or so men, having to merely use the back of his blades.

You used your water fist to knock the men off the ship, as they screamed hitting the icy cold water below. You frown at their show of strength. "Damn, all bark but no bite..." you mutter before you see your water fist's shape was starting to fail. You shudder, feeling the cold gnawing at your skin.

'What's going on....? I feel like I barely have control of my powers....'

One man looks back to the man Wapol, "W-Wapol-sama! These guys are-!" however he's cut short seeing their captain eating the Going Merry still, and angering Luffy. "Oi! Are you still eating our ship?!"

Wapol just continues to munch on the sides of the ship, paying no mind. "Mmm this ship is pretty tasty~" Luffy charges a the man, before his eyes widen seeing his mouth wide open and Wapol bites down on his neck. "LUFFY!" Usopp yells.

"Get the hell off of him!" You yell before creating another water phoenix before you wince feeling another headache, collapsing down on one knee and it dissipates back into regular water. Luckily, Luffy's arms were already stretched back.

"What a tough person to chew through...Hm?" When Luffy's hands make contact with Wapol, the male cries out as Luffy's head is free and he goes flying through the sky with a fading yell. At that moment, Vivi had come out and seeing Luffy's strength left her speechless.

The soldiers' jaws hit the deck seeing their captain so easily flung away. Zoro and the rest of the crew all grinned and gave Luffy thumbs up before Zoro was the first to see you on the deck. He was at your side, followed by Sanji, Luffy and Usopp.

"Oi, Y/n. What's wrong?" the marimo asks. You chuckle nervously. "It's nothing really. I'm fine-"

"Y/n-chan." Sanji quickly cuts you off. "Don't try and hold it like Nami-swan. If something is wrong, please tell us."

"Yeah!!" Luffy nods his head furiously at you. The three men, along with Vivi awaited your answer, not paying mind to the soldiers who were frantically running back to the ship to save Wapol. You grimace, slowly standing with the assistance of Sanji.

"I don't know what's going on....Ever since we've been getting snowy weather on this trip I have these weird headaches. And my body becomes so stiff it's hard to use my Devil Fruit." you admit, feeling bad before Zoro hums, moving closer and putting his hand on your forehead, similar to Luffy doing it to Nami before.

He leans in closer, eyeing you suspiciously. Suddenly he shudders before pulling away his hand, "What's with you?! You're freezing!"

"H-hey! That's not true-!"

Before you could even finish, Luffy does the same before screaming and pulling his hand back in a comical manner. "So cold!! Why didn't you tell us Y/n?!"

"Because it's not a big deal!!" you shout back before instantly realizing your mistake when Usopp narrows his eyes at you, followed by Zoro and Luffy. "Oh really? Then use your Devil Fruit. Right now."

Vivi sweat drops, witnessing what was appearing to be a tense moment? If that was the right word. "F-fine! W-water wall!" you form a water wall next to the ship before you feel that same sharp pain in your forehead, only worse this time, as the water wall falls back into the water.

"See?!" Luffy yells. "Are you sick too Y/n?! Do we need to find you a doctor?!"

"No no no!" you yell over and over again. "I don't know what it is! I keep getting these weird headaches! It's like I'm having a brain freeze!"

Sanji's eyes widen hearing this statement. "Y/n-chan, I think I know what it is." he says. "Eh?! Really?!" Usopp stutters in surprise. "Let's hear it Love Cook."

"Y/n-chan's devil fruit is Mizu Mizu correct?" he begins. "And what happens to water in the cold?" Vivi is first to answer, gasping. "I see! Water Bearer-san! Have you always been sensitive to the cold?"

"Hm..." you took a moment to think about it. "Yeah...I've never really been a fan of the cold, and especially after I got this Devil Fruit, it was hard to move outside. I was fine the first time we saw snow, I was doing a snowball fight with Usopp and Luffy. But now, it's getting much colder...."

"Do you get it Luffy?" Zoro asks. "Hmm......." the male nods silently. "I see! It's a mystery water disease!"

"NO IT'S NOT!!" The four remaining crew members scream, earning a smack on the head from each of them, excluding Sanji who gave him a kick.

"It means that our beautiful ocean princess can't handle the snow!" Sanji grabs a spare blanket and rests it on your shoulders. "Come inside Y/n-chan. You don't have to fight any-"

"I told you guys knock it off!!" you whine, taking the blanket anyways though. "I'm sure it'll be okay! I mean, it's not like it can get any worse than this right? A...achoo!"

You let out small sneeze, making Zoro snicker as it was one of those petite kitten sounds. You blush furiously looking away. "Water Bearer-san..." Vivi deadpans. "Are you telling me you caught a cold as well?"

".......No.....?"

And so, despite your numerous protests, here you were, inside Nami's room and laying on the bed covered up in blankets. Mist sighs, having been informed by the crew what happened and the new discovery. "Honestly Y/n.....Why didn't you say something from the beginning?"

You groan. "Shut up...I didn't know...." you plant your face first into the pillow as Vivi, Mist, Karoo, Sanji in the room, the two with some medical knowledge treating Nami. The said female was drenched in sweat and panting heavily, her fever not planning to go down anytime soon.

Luffy makes a pouty face. "Come on cheer up!!" Luffy starts to twist his face around, until he starts making a "blehhh" sound only to look in horror seeing no reaction. "She's not laughing....At all...."

You frown, looking up from your pillow and feeling a bit pouty. Luffy was giving Nami attention...And usually he'd be in your face to see how you were doing... Luffy frowns. "If Y/n pours water on her, won't she get better?"

"YOU IDIOT!" The three chorus as Vivi and Mist punch the rubber man with Sanji kicking him and he goes flying into the wall next to you. You sweat drop. "As if that'd work dummy..." you mutter, still feeling a bit...Off.

Luffy slowly slides down on the ground before noticing your pouty expression. "Oi, what's wrong Y/n? Does your head hurt?" he asks tilting his head slightly. You, say nothing.

"Y/n."

"......."

"Y/n."

"......."

"OI Y/N I'M NOT DOING THE MEAN GAME AGAIN! YOU CHEATER!!"

At this you snicker lightly. "How am I a cheater?" you ask, still with an irritated expression though. "Because I keep losing!" he huffs. You laugh at this, unable to stay angry at the male. "You dummy!" you giggle, making Luffy tilt his head confused as he too, couldn't be angry at you any longer.

"Y/n-chan~!" Sanji calls, breaking you and Luffy away from your little argument. "Yes?" you walk up to the blonde. "We're going to anchor for the night."

Mist nods. "Yeah, without Nami's navigation it'll be way too risky to be sailing in the night."

That night, you were on the floor, snuggled up next to Zoro and Karoo, who was very warm to say the least. Usopp, Luffy, Vivi and Mist were all on the ground as well, with Luffy and Usopp sprawled out, and surprising enough, Vivi and Mist were snuggling.

Sanji was out on the mast keeping watch, shivering slightly from the cold. In the middle of the night, Nami woke up and saw the sight of the crew sleeping peacefully like this. She smiles, and pulls back the covers on and tries to get some sleep.

The following morning, you had managed to sneak outside, and no one from the crew had noticed your presence just yet. Zoro and Luffy were inside the room with Nami, while the rest of the crew was outside on the deck. Everyone except for Karoo was now in a heavy winter jacket, and Usopp was carrying wood, a hammer and nails to fix the Merry where it had been eaten.

"I still want to know what all that was about." he huffs, "I mean I've never heard of the pirate Wapol, but you can't just be a pirate without a reputation to have a ship that big!"

Sanji rolled his eyes at the mention of the large tin man. "Well it's nothing important. Forget about it, they're a bunch of idiots." he looks down from the mast. "More importantly, don't you think it's been getting even colder lately?"

You hum sitting down on the deck, shivering as a gust of wind hit you and made you hug yourself tightly in a weak attempt for warmth. "Yeah, maybe it's just another bizarre aspect of the Grand Line," Usopp says, starting to hammer the wood down on the side of the ship.

Vivi shakes her head, "No it's proof that we're coming up on an island. Sanji, watch carefully for any land on the horizon. There must be a winter island nearby," at this Usopp winces, hitting his thumb before noticing you. "O-oi Y/n!" he stutters.

"Yeah?" you tilt your head slightly before shiver again from the cold. "Get back inside! You're going to freeze to death, especially if we're going too a winter island!!" he exclaims making you shake your head in a stubborn matter.

"No way! What're you gonna do, leave me on the ship?! I might as well start getting used to the cold now!!" Vivi grimaces. "Water Bearer-san does have a point. In the Grand Line, the islands typically can be categorized as summer, spring, fall and winter islands."

Mist interjects, coming in with a jacket as well, trying to adjust to 'odd human clothing', "Yeah, and each island has four seasons of their own. So you'll need to be prepared for around 16 different seasons."

"Oh! Vivi-chwan I see land ahead!" Sanji says, Luffy hearing this from below as well. "Yahoo!! Land!!" he cheers. "That means we'll be able to get you all better Nami!!"

He waits in silent joy, making Zoro sweat drop. "Just go outside and see...." he mutters, before noticing you were missing in the other bed, and facepalms. "That idiot....." he groans.

Luffy runs outside, and his eyes light up seeing the island ahead. "Whoa!! It's so white!!" he laughs, sitting on the Merry's head. "Oi Luffy!" Sanji shouts, seeing their idiot captain. "We don't have time for adventures now! We need to get a doctor for Nami-swan..."

He stops realizing it was too late. "Or not....He's in his own little world now...."

Once the ship gets closer, all of you gather up at the front of the ship, looking in awe at the bright white island, with high mountains and fields of trees that also have snow sprinkled on them. The mountains themselves were odd cylindrical shapes. "So much snow!!" Luffy exclaims in tears of joy.

"A-aren't you cold, L-Luffy?" you stutter, shivering as you had a jacket on, a f/c one that was pretty thick but you were still freezing to your amazement. "It's -10 degrees." Mist shudders. "Cold enough for a bear to hibernate!"

"Huh?" Luffy pauses for a moment before he shudders as well. "So cold...."

"TALK ABOUT SLOW!!"

Ahead, there was a melted waterfall the ship docked under, and Zoro came back up to join the rest of the crew. Luffy was now in a red coat. "So? Who's going to look for a doctor? Well, I suppose we should start seeing if there are any other people..."

"I'll go!" Luffy shouts, "Me too!!" you chime in with Sanji making Zoro smack you on the back of the head. "Ouchie!!" you whine.

"You're not going."

You stick out your tongue at the male. "No! I want to help Nami!!" Luffy shakes his head. "You can come!" he says. "EH?! YOU IDIOT!!" Sanji smacks Luffy. "MY OCEAN PRINCESS CAN'T HANDLE SUCH FRIGID TEMPERATURES!!"

"She's shivering and she's wearing two jackets!!" Mist exclaims, and of course, this was the truth. "S-shut up! I'll be f-f-f-fine!"

Luffy hums before nodding, "I know!" But before Luffy can put his plan in action, you hear the shouts of people at the edge of the island. "Stop right there pirates!!" A man stood at the front, with a black goatee, and thick wooly clothes. "You will turn around immediately, and leave this island at once!"

Vivi and Luffy ran to the edge of the boat, and try to negotiate. "Wait!" Luffy exclaims, "We've come to the island looking for a doctor!"

"Please! We have a sick person aboard!"

"Those lies won't work on us, pirate scum!!" the men shout back, "This is our country and we won't let you filthy pirates run amok on it! Now pull up your anchor and leave or we'll use force!" Sanji tched, "Talk about a bad impression.." he mutters before one fires a gun, and he narrowly dodges.

"Don't talk back at us!" one man shouts. Your eyes widen. "Sanji-san! Are you okay?!" Sanji's expression darkens. "You bastard..!" Sanji goes to attack the man, but Vivi runs in front of him, trying to hold the male back. "No, Sanji!"

However, the gun was fired again, and this time, hit Vivi as she collapsed on the deck. "VIVI!" everyone shouts.

To Be Continued.......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 137 15
Luffys family, and friends react to his past Ships: zosan, luffy x shanks, robin x nami, and ace x Marco This is a different au from my other book s...
42.9K 2.5K 24
πŸ΄β€β˜ οΈπŸŒŠβ˜ οΈ ── OP ANIMEβ”Šβͺ κœ±α΄€Ι΄α΄ŠΙͺ α΄€Ι΄α΄… ᴒᴏʀᴏ ! ❫ ##. ❛ π‡πŽπˆπ’π“ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π‚πŽπ‹πŽπ”π‘π’ βœΰΏ”*:ο½₯゚ a ONE PIECE ANIME fanfiction. ...
2.3K 161 4
What happens whenever a close duo, Nami and her little sister [Name], come across a pirate crew that they grow fond of almost immediately? β€’ ⚠️ - Con...
103K 1.2K 29
Sequel: https://www.wattpad.com/story/344374243-operation-love-boat-luffy-x-hancock-fan-fiction This takes during the time skip, a week after Rayleig...