The Darker One// Once Upon A...

By ilikewarmhugs1235

Reese is the twin sister of the feared, Rumpelstiltskin, and they are both the dark ones. They were unstoppab... More

Part 1
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15~ part 1
Chapter 15~ part 2
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 16

1.2K 32 5
By ilikewarmhugs1235

Rumpelstiltskin was sleeping in his bed when he heard Reese scream bloody murder. He quickly got out of his bed and rushed to her room. He saw her tossing and turning in her bed, and went to go wake her up.

"Reese." He said as he started shaking her awake. "Reese, please wake up. You're starting to worry me."

Reese bolted up, sweat going down her face, and she immediately pulled her knees up to her chest, and started to move back and forth. Rumple moved in front of Reese, so she could see him and put his hands on her knees.

"Reese, what happened? Why were you screaming?" Rumple asked her in a concerned voice. Reese is looking off in the distance and not responding to Rumple, which only made him more concerned. It looks like she's having an 'out of body' experience is the only way he can describe what's happening. "Reese!" 

He continues to shake her because he doesn't know what else to do. He realized that she was starting to come to, and stopped shaking her, and just stared at her.

Once Reese came back to reality, she looked over at Rumple- who was staring at her with a worried look on his face- and gave him a questionable look.

"What just happened? Why are you looking at me like that?" Reese asked her brother, but he didn't answer.. He just continued staring at her. "Why aren't you answering my question, Rumple? What just happened?"

"You're telling me that you have no idea what just happened?" Rumple questioned. Reese nodded her head and he rubbed his head with his hand. "You don't remember the dream you just had?" Reese shook her head in response. "So, if I tell you that you looked like you were being possessed-"

"-You aren't fucking with me, right now, right?" Reese asked him. "Because if you are... Well, then that's just messed up."

"Why would I joke about being generally worried about you." Rumple answered. "You were screaming and when I came in here... You weren't answering me, and you looked like you were a completely different person. You seriously don't remember anything?" 

"Why would I lie to you? Where would that get me?" Reese stated. "I don't even remember falling asleep, and I don't remember screaming. I don't want you to worry about me, Rumple." 

"How can I not worry?" Rumple asked. He took a deep breath in and told Reese, "You aren't going to New York anymore. You aren't stable enough to go."

"I'm not stable? What the hell do you mean by that?" Reese asked her brother. She was starting to get slightly upset, and it was very noticeable to Rumple.

"Never mind."

"No. Don't 'never mind' me. If you want to label me as 'unstable' I would like to know why you decided to tell me that? I'm not unstable, Rumple. I think that for the amount of abuse I've had... I'm pretty fucking okay. And I don't need my brother to tell me about my own mental state. I need you to help me through my rough times, and I CERTAINLY don't want to be here alone, so I am going to New York with you. Maybe the nightmares have something to do with my magic, so if I go somewhere where no magic is... Then maybe the dreams will disappear."

"Or maybe they'll get worse."

"So what? I have visions and stuff about my past- well, I haven't had any in a while, but still- I think that I can handle a few dreams."

"Don't put too much on yourself. You never know what you will be able to handle. I just don't want you to hurt yourself in the end." Rumple stated.

"That's a little dark, Rumple. If you feel like my dreams are getting too much then I will take your advice, okay?"

"Fine, but if I feel-"

"-I'll be fine. I'm a big girl now. I think I can handle things for myself." She stated. "I don't know about you though," they both laughed and then embraced. "What time is it anyway?" 

"It's two in the morning."

"Oh, sorry about that." Reese laughed. Rumple nodded his head and then got up off the bed and started heading towards the door. "Wait, Rumple."

"Yes?"

"Can you stay in here with me?" Reese questioned. "Just in case I have another dream. I don't want you to get worried if I start screaming, so I just want you to stay here with me." She saw Rumple's face turn into a frown. "Or you don't have to. You'll just have to come back in here if I scream."

"No, of course I'll stay here with you. I was just looking at you that way because I was worrying about you."

"Oh okay." Reese smiled. "I'm sorry that I woke you up, and I'm sorry for any inconvenience that I have given you. I just haven't talked to anyone besides Cade and an occasional other person, but that only happened on occasions."

Rumple did a motion with his hand to tell Reese to scootch over. She smiled and moved over a little bit on the bed. Rumple moved back the sheets and got in the bed. Reese moved over closer to Rumple and put her head on his chest. She snuggled up in the sheets and tilted her head up to look at Rumple.

"You know one of the big reasons that I want to go to New York so badly is because I'm scared."

"What do you mean you're scared? What are you scared of?"
Reese rubbed her eyes and started to close them as she stated, "that I will act on these intense feelings I have for Killian."

"You have intense feelings for the pirate? Are you insane, Reese?" He cleared his throat before saying, "what I meant to say is: are you sure that you're stable enough to be in a relationship, right now?"

After a few seconds of her not answering. He stated, "Reese? Are you ignoring me?" When she didn't answer again, Rumple realized that she had fallen asleep, and rubbed her back. "I love you." 

Reese snuggled in closer to Rumple and that made him smile. He was so happy to have his sister home, and he was excited to finally have his family back; Well, it'll be him, Reese and Baelfire, but hopefully he'll be able to return Belle's memories, so they can be a happy family. Well, as happy as the Gold's can be.

~

Reese woke up to an empty bed. She looked around the room and didn't see her brother anywhere. She got out of bed and walked into her brother's room, and went over to Belle's closet. Reese grabbed one of Belle's jackets- since Belle won't be needing it at the moment- and put it on. She wore a sleeveless black t-shirt and dark red shorts to bed, and she never felt so naked.

Reese was used to wearing a corset and dresses. In this world no one cares how you dress, and there's no boyfriends to tell you what makes you look like a whore, which is what Reese loved.

Once she put on the jacket, she went downstairs and headed towards the kitchen. Reese opened up the fridge and saw very little to no food in there. She closed it and decided to use her magic to make some breakfast. She didn't know what new foods are in this world, but she was excited to find out.

As she was about to sit down and eat, Rumple came up behind her, and scared her half to death. Reese quickly turned around and stuck her hand in Rumple's chest. He screamed and stepped back and walked into a counter.

"What the fuck, Rumple!" Reese screamed at her brother. "Do not scare me like that! I know I can't kill you, but I can still injure you." She slapped his arm and he just laughed, "stop laughing!!"

"I can't help it. I can't see you as a threat. You're just a cute little dwarf." Rumple replied. He saw his sister getting angry and that only made him laugh harder.

"Did you just call me a cute dwarf?"

"Yes. Yes, I did."

Reese's face started to turn red and she lifted her hand up. Rumple started to fly up in the air. She pushed him up against a wall, and kept him there.

"Sorry, I don't think I heard you correctly... Did you just call me a cute dwarf?" Rumple quickly shook his head and that made Reese let go of him. Rumple fell to the ground which made Reese laugh. "That's what I thought."

"No wonder Cade wanted you all to himself.. You're quite a powerful girl." Rumple responded. "I never knew you could get that powerful. I don't remember you ever getting like that."

"Looks like we both changed." Reese whispered.

"We have to start getting ready to go. Do you want me to help you pack?" Rumple questioned. Reese shook her head and pointed over to her packed suitcase. "I used my magic to pack. I didn't know what to bring, and plus I don't have any clothes from this world."

"But-"

"These are all Belle's clothes. I didn't know what to wear, so I went to Belle's closet and got some inspiration."

"I hope you're going to change before we go to the airport."

Reese huffed and used her magic to change her clothes. She changed into a white sweater; jeans; leather jacket, and black boots. Rumpelstiltskin looked his sister up and down and smiled.

"I didn't think you'd actually change into something that we would wear now." He laughed. "I'll be ready to leave soon. Just go and eat something then."

Reese looked at her food on the ground and looked over at Rumple, "I was getting ready to eat something, but then you scared the shit out of me." She used her magic to clean up the floor and huffed as she made new food.

"Okay then." Rumpelstiltskin stated as he left the room.

~

"Reese?" Rumple asked as he entered each room in his house. He couldn't find his sister and it was starting to worry him. "Reese, if this is some kind of revenge from me scaring you-"

He stopped himself when he saw Reese outside. She was sitting up against a tree and she had a guitar in her arms. When Rumple went outside he heard his sister sing:

I'm going under and this time I fear there's no one to save me

This all or nothing really got a way of driving me crazy

I need somebody to heal

Somebody to know

Somebody to have

Somebody to hold

It's easy to say

But it's never the same

I guess I kinda liked the way you numbed all the pain

Reese stopped singing once she realized that Rumple was standing there. She put the guitar down and stood up.

"Sorry, I was just-"

"-No, need to be sorry, Rae. I forgot how beautiful your voice is." Rumpelstiltskin smiled. "I didn't know you still know how to play guitar."

"Cade still allowed me to play when he captured me." Reese semi smiled. "I remember what it felt like to be around him. He was one of my biggest supporters."

When Rumple realized how much he had affected her, "I'm going to go and get our bags and put them in the car. I'll be there in a few minutes."

Reese nodded her head and Rumple left her and her thoughts alone. She sat back on the ground and started to cry, but she stopped when she heard her voice.

Reese looked over and saw a younger version of herself and Cade. Reese looked around the backyard and realized that she was back in the Enchanted Forest.

"Come on Cade!!" Reese exclaimed, "You said we can sing tonight!"

"Fine, fine. Just so you know I'm only saying yes, because I love you." He smiled. She leaned in and kissed him.

"I love you, too."

"Come on. Let's show all these people how to really sing." Cade laughed.

Reese drank a few shots before dragging Cade up on stage. They didn't have microphones so they talked loud enough for everyone to hear them. "My boyfriend, Cade, and I will be singing Grey Area. I hope you all like it."

Reese saw how happy she used to be and how Cade used to look at her like she was the only person who mattered.

Cade started to play his guitar that he brought and smiled when Reese started to sing:

Ooh-oh, oh-oh, oh

Ooh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh

Feels like you're always moving

Feels like I always suck

But you see me as a girlfriend

Just somebody that you're

Messing up, I don't need this

But you've got a golden touch

That's why I'm always coming

Scared that I'll say too much

If I tell you what I want

What I really, really want from you

Would you give me what I want?

What I really, really want from you

If I tell you what I want

What I really, really want from you

Would you give me what I want?

What I really, really want

'Cause you know what it is I wanna call it

I'm leaving here in love or brokenhearted

So, baby, come on, let's just finish what you started

I can't, I can't stay with you in this grey area

Cade looked over at Reese in complete awe of her voice. He smiled before he started to sing the next verse:

I stare at your bedroom ceiling

I really hate these sheets

Said we could roll between 'em

Said that it won't mean, uh

Anything, I was lying

Did know it at the time

Now we're forever talking

To ask if it's yours or mine

Reese and Cade turned to each other as they started to sing to each other:

If I tell you what I want

What I really, really want from you

Would you give me what I want?

What I really, really want from you

If I tell you what I want

What I really, really want from you

Would you give me what I want?

What I really, really want

'Cause you know what it is I wanna call it

I'm leaving here in love or brokenhearted

So, baby, come on, let's just finish what you started

I can't, I can't stay with you in this grey area

You know what it is, but you won't say it

You don't feel my touch unless if naked

So, baby, come on, let's just finish what you started

I can't, I can't stay with you in this grey area

Ooh-oh, oh-oh, oh

Ooh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh

Reese and Cade moved closer to each other as they heard the crowd clapping their hands. They kissed after they heard everyone stop clapping. Reese mouthed the words "I love you" to him, which made him smile even wider.

The bar in the Enchanted Forest slowly turned back into a backyard. Reese looked around frantically and looked at the guitar that was on the ground, and picked it up. She looked at the guitar very closely. Reese then saw Cade's face on the guitar and it made her angry.

Reese took the guitar and started banging it on the tree until it was all broken. Rumple heard the destruction that was going on in the backyard, and ran to go see if Reese was okay.

She wasn't okay. She was on the ground crying. She couldn't even speak because the pain that Cade had caused her wasn't just physical, it was mostly emotional, and she didn't know if she could ever recover from emotional pain.

Rumple saw the pain she was in and kneeled on the ground next to her, and hugged her until she couldn't cry anymore.

~

Back in the hospital, Killian was still in his bed. He was secretly waiting for Reese to come visit him again, but he knew that would never happen.

He heard her voice and suddenly got extremely happy, but when he realized that the hospital room around him was turning into something else... He knew that Reese wasn't there. She was having another vision.

"How could I see the vision if I'm not even with her?" He asked himself before listening to what Reese was saying in the vision. He heard her singing with someone who he didn't know. Killian was jealous of this guy and he didn't know why. This was in the past and she had sung with him up in the beanstalk.

Killian smiled at the memory and before he knew it, the vision was fading and he was back in his hospital room.

After a minute Dr. Whale came running into the room. Killian looked at the doctor weirdly as he kept on looking at the pirates' vitals.

"Is something wrong, Doctor?" Killian questioned the man. "Did I do something wrong in the last five minutes?" 

"Some of your vitals were elevating and it was just strange. Have you moved at all in the last few minutes?"

"No," Killian replied, "I haven't really left my bed unless I need to use the bathroom. Then I'll get up, but no I haven't."

"The last time your vitals elevated this much," Dr. Whale paused, "Reese came to visit you, but no one came to visit you this time."

"I was just thinking about her. I don't think that elevates my vitals, mate."

"Ahh, so you're in love with her. Got it." Dr. Whale stated. "Well, I have to go see other patients, but please don't think about doing things with her, because that'll concern everyone here if your vitals go up an immense amount."

Dr. Whale left Killian alone with his thoughts, and that was starting to scare the pirate.

"I love her?" Killian asked himself. He felt his heart race faster and smiled, "I love her."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 517 28
𝐄𝐕𝐀 𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐀 ︱❝ We both had hard lives Emma. But those hard lives taught us that pain only makes us stronger. ❞ Imagine a scenario where S...
148K 3.5K 23
What if everything you thought you knew about Once Upon A Time was a lie? What if Henry wasn't an only child? What if he was a twin and had a twin si...
1.6K 0 110
Once Upon a Time Season 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 Seasons 1 and 2 -Enchanted Adventure-Aubree Mills is Henry's twin sister. The two of them track down their b...
3.6K 104 35
When Harry potters twin sister y/n seems to have caught the attention of fred and George Weasley. What happens her life gets flipped and she faces ne...