Together, Never (Sanders Side...

By CinnamonAngstRoll

[Complete] CherryWood Highschool. First day of senior year. In an average Wisconsin town, Virgil Sanders just... More

Chapter 1: Start of a new day of misery
Chapter 2: New School, Different Me
Chapter 3: I still don't like him
Chapter 4: Tattoos and Nightmares
A/N
Chapter 5: Studying and Suspicions
Chapter 6: Ice cream helps
Chapter 7: Trust
Chapter 8: Panic Slushies
Chapter 9: Bonfire Celebrations
Chapter 10: Ashes, ashes and the hoodie is gone
Chapter 11: Fight for him
Chapter 12: Don't get too close, I'm 'toxic'
Chapter 13: Escape
Chapter 14: Not so dumb
Chapter 15: Uh oh, feelings
Chapter 16: Hair despair and audio repair
Chapter 17: Friends again
Chapter 18: Threats and Love
Chapter 19: Plans
Chapter 20: Just ask him already
Chapter 22: The Winter Dance
Chapter 23: (snow) storms are approaching
Chapter 24: Hello again, Dr. Picani
Chapter 25: Tis' the season, but it's not all that jolly
Chapter 26: Gifts and Visits
Chapter 27: Hold on, I need to see where tf karma is
Chapter 28: New years
Chapter 29: Heartbreak
Chapter 30: Back with him
Chapter 31: Pep rally
Chapter 32: Prank turned blackmail
Chapter 33: Confused and in a group project
Chapter 34: Freedom
Chapter 35: Reconnect
Chapter 36: Together
Chapter 37: Set in motion
Chapter 38: Isn't it obvious?
Chapter 39: Salti Ice Cream
Chapter 40: Secrets secrets are no fun
Chapter 41: April Fools but its not a prank
Chapter 42: Patton's Birthday
Chapter 43: Take care
Chapter 44: REVENGE
Chapter 45: Coffee needed
Chapter 46: Stress and Cartoons
Chapter 47: A birthday surprise
Chapter 48: Performance and Prom
Chapter 49: Finals Stress
Chapter 50: Done with Highschool, off to College!
Sequel is out!

Chapter 21: Is my life a musical?

1K 53 32
By CinnamonAngstRoll

*Amy POV*

I'm texting one of my friends, discussing how excited we are for the dance tomorrow. When we get to the topic of our dates, I tell her that I'm asking Logan. I tell her this because she is the kind of girl that can't keep a secret to save her life, so I know that by tonight it will be all over social media. Good. I need that emo to know Logan is off-limits. But then she tells me something unexpected.

Doesn't Logan already have a date? She says.

WHAT

Yeah, I heard he was going with the emo kid

Well, that stinks I text.

Yeah, it stinks. But for him, not me. He is going to regret this. Time to start some rumors.

I bet he's faking it. like that kid could ever go out with Logan. 

Oooh, maybe

I heard that he's actually dating someone else. Ever notice how much time he spends with Rockview kids? Maybe he's actually a spy for them. Why else would he help run the sound booth at the play? I say.

I have a small grin on my face as I continue to form rumors about this kid.

Just remember, you didn't hear it from me I text

I go over to my closet to pick out my outfit for tomorrow. I need something Logan will find attractive but still fits my style. What to pick, what to pick.

*Virgil POV*

Patton calls me right after school on Monday. I tell him Logan asked me to the dance, as friends, and I have nothing to wear. I don't even know where to start. I don't go to a lot of formal occasions, and when I did Jan always told me,

"I don't care what you wear, just be there on time."

I was never late to anything, just way too early. 

"Well, do you want to come over to Roman's house? We're getting ready there right now." Patton offers.

I'm a little hesitant going to Roman's house, especially after last time. But he's been a little nicer to me lately. I haven't gotten a rude nickname in over a week.

"Sure. On my way." I say, then hang up.

---

I pull up into the driveway and knock on the door. Patton greets me and lets me inside. I look around.

"Is Logan here?" I ask.

"Nope. His sister just got back from uni and will not let anyone else prep him for the dance. I can't wait to see how crazy she goes at Prom." Roman says.

I smile a little. I don't think Logan will appreciate getting a makeover from his sister. We all go upstairs. Patton and I discuss what I should wear while Roman touches up his hair.

"I just can't get it right!" He says.

"It looks fine, sir-sing-a-lot," I say.

"I agree. You look great, Ro!" Patton says.

That gets a blush out of him, then they both turn to me.

"Well, if you are going to go to the dance with Logan you need a serious makeover. We can't have you looking dreary there!" Roman says.

"A makeover? What are we, 9-year-old girls at a sleepover?" I say.

"Nope. 17-year-old gay guys before a party." Patton says, looking on his phone.

Roman snaps his fingers, and Patton starts playing some music.

"And when someone needs a makeover, I simply have to take over. I know, I know exactly what they need," He starts to sing.

Oh great. Is my life going to turn into a musical now?

"And even in your case, though it's the toughest case I've yet to face. Don't worry - I'm determined to succeed!"

"What is that supposed to mean?" I ask.

My question goes unanswered, as Patton gets out some makeup and hair supplies and some clothes.

"Follow my lead, and yes, indeed, you will be,"

Then Patton joins in the song.

"Popular! You're gonna be popular!" Roman sings, "I'll teach you the proper ploys,"

"When you talk to boys!" Patton sings.

"Do you mean Logan?" I ask.

"Little ways to flirt and flounce," They both continue,

"Flirt? Wait, what-"

"I'll show you what shoes to wear!" Patton sings.

"How to fix your hair!" Roman sings.

"What wrong with my hair?" I ask.

As they sing, they pull my beanie and thin coat off and pull out the hair products first. The red has mostly faded from my hair, but its still there.

"Everything that really counts, to be popular. I'll help you be popular! You'll hang with the right cohorts, you'll be good at sports,"

"I hate sports!" I protest.

"Sports being theater here. We're gay, remember?" Roman says quickly, then continues with the song.

"Know the slang you've got to know, so let's start, 'cause you've got an awfully long way to go," They sing.

Patton puts something in my hair and Roman starts brushing it. I have a feeling this is exactly what 9-year-old girls do. I scowl.

"Don't be offended by my frank analysis,"

"You could do worse." I shrug.

"Think of it as personality dialysis. Now that I've chosen to become a pal, a
sister and adviser!"

They finish up with my hair, with Patton adding the final touches of purple to it. They use some blue dye to make it purple again. Then they get out their makeup. Oh no.

"There's nobody wiser! Not when it comes to popular - I know about popular!"

I shrink away from them and their brushes, as the only makeup I wear is my eyeshadow.

"And with an assist from me, to be who you'll be! Instead of dreary who you were, well are. There's nothing that can stop you, from becoming popu-Ler. Lar." They sing as they pull me forward.

This goes on for what feels like hours, with eyeliner, foundation, eyeshadow, and too much more. Eventually, we get to my wardrobe.

"They were popular! Please - It's all about popular!"

They start looking through a bunch of clothes. Formal wear, suits, ties. Basically everything I would never wear.

"It's not about aptitude, it's the way you're viewed, so it's very shrewd to be,"

I agree on a basic black suit with a purple tie.

"Very very popular, like me!"

They stop singing. Finally.

"Wow, just look at you!" Patton says in awe.

Roman turns me around and in front of a full-body mirror.

"You think Logan will like it?" I ask.

"Definitely." They assure me.

I look at myself in the mirror. I do look pretty good. They've put on less of a pale foundation then I thought, so it's just enough to make my eyes look darker. The suit makes me look taller and less tiny. My hair is gelled and brushed to perfection, and they used a really nice shade of purple.

"Now you need to sweep him off his feet. Let's go to that dance!" Roman says.

"Woo!" Patton cheers.

"So are we just going to ignore the fact you got me ready in 4 minutes while singing?" I ask.

"Yep. Now let's go!" Patton says.

Wow, two chapters in a day. My creativity is about to face plant into the ground. That's how it feels anyway. Good thing I totally don't have other things I need to work on *cough schoolwork cough*. Well, I hope you enjoyed reading and feel free to leave any thoughts, theories, or feedback in the comments. Have a splendid day you magnificent peep!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59K 1.3K 23
Forced from his previous home, Lance is a borrower living in an old apartment, with a messy human named Keith, what will happen when Keith finds la...
55.9K 1.3K 16
Natsu Dragneel, 18yrs old is the most popular guy at school and has the best grades. He wants to make his crush Lissana jealous, so he asks Lucy Hear...
580K 35.3K 99
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
541K 11.7K 38
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.