The institution

By Essien_Eno

Ugly events around Ivie Momoh's life made her preoccupied with a revolutionary three point agenda; to get her... More

The institution episode 1
The institution episode 2
The Institution episode 3
The institution episode 4
The institution episode 5
The institution episode 6
The institution episode 7
The institution episode 8
The institution episode 9
The institution episode 10
The institution episode 11
The institution episode 12
The institution episode 13
The institution episode 14
The institution episode 15
The institution episode 16
The institution episode 17
The institution episode 18
The institution episode 19
The institution episode 20
The institution episode 21
The institution episode 22
The institution episode 23
The institution episode 24
The institution episode 25
The institution episode 26
The institution episode 27
The institution episode 28
The institution episode 29
Thr institution episode 30
The institution episode 32
The institution episode 33
The institution episode 34
The institution episode 35
The institution episode 36
The institution episode 37
The institution episode 38
The institution episode 39
The institution episode 40
The institution episode 41 (Final episode)

The institution episode 31

499 123 15
By Essien_Eno

The institution episode 31

****

Liam woke up the following morning to see Ivie in bed, her legs crossed and her laptop on her lap.
"What are you doing?" He stifled a yawn and she scratched her hair.
"Writing an article on those deaths and wishing people can actually see it. I wish I can actually publish it for the people to see the kind of government they're supporting"
"Soon you will" he assured, but it sounded more apologetic.
"When? Election is forthcoming and we haven't attacked the party members yet. I don't understand what you're waiting for" she answered and he kissed her on the neck.
"All in due time"
"All these dead souls, they probably cannot rest in peace because the people responsible for this are roaming free like birds"
"I'm planning on checking Faith Omagbon's address tomorrow, I haven't checked yet." "Faith Omagbon?"
"Do you know her?"
"That's Racheal's sister"
"Oh. And she just lost her Aunt that's really sad"
"It really is"
"I can't believe Silvia was a party to this. She used my own paper for her selfish gain. After getting my company back I'll first of all cleanse it of all impurities even if I have to invite Reverend John himself to do the cleansing"
"Very soon everything will be fine. I promise you, you just have to trust me"
"I do trust you, I just think it's slow, really slow"

Faruq's wife, Imose and his three children  Azeezat and Abeebat and Amina walked into a room where Faruq was clearly prepared to leave home.
"What's going on?" He asked, immediately he noticed the strangeness.
"We're calling for family meeting" Imose answered and Faruq laughed sarcastically. 
"You're joking right? I don't want to be late for work"
"It's going to be very brief" Imose affirmed and he sighed. He knew he had no say in this.
"Azeezat had a dream, she saw you dead"
Faruq rolled his eyes.
"I'm serious dear, the weapon of our warfare are not carnal dear. We have made a decision as a family to pray this week into God's hands. I don't know what the devil has planned for you but I'm telling you it's not out portion and we're going to cast it out in Jesus name" her voice increased then she stretched her hands to her first daughter, Azeezat and they all held hands in circle.
Imose waited for Faruq to join them. "Please" she finally begged and he joined in.

While Delilah had toast bread and tea for breakfast with Governor Samuel, her two other children walked in, Efe's big brother and sister. Delilah rolled her eyes.

What good could come out of Obazee and Yuwa?

She knew she was definitely going to lose her appetite soon.
"Mom we need to talk" Obazee declared authoritatively and Delilah scoffed.
"Is that supposed to be the good morning a child should say to her mother and father?" She asked and he apologized for being rude.

"Good morning Mom, good morning Dad"
"Good morning Parents" Yuwa greeted chuckling and Delilah faked a smile at her.
Yuwa went behind her father kissing him on the cheek.
"Hey Dad"

"What's going on?" Delilah asked and Obazee folded his hands.
"There's fire on the mountain" he answered.
"What attrocity have you two committed this time?" She dropped her fork then flipped her hair backwards.
"Thanks Mom for so much believing in us" Yuwa answered sarcastically placing her hands on her chest and her mother laughed sarcastically too.

"Well it's not us; it's Efe we're worried about"  "Well... for those that didn't come to court completely high on drugs,  you would have known that Barrister Daniel already established the fact that it was just a plot by the girlfriend to support his boyfriend and they're probably looking for a way to extort money from us"
"Mom I was also there in court and I wasn't high when they made reference to the guy's mother almost being kidnapped. We're losing, Efe will definitely be charged to prison. I know you have this 'no visiting the police station' policy but think of how it'll be when he'll be charged ten years or five years in prison"
"It's you that will be charged ten years to prison.  See who's talking sef, Mr I didn't graduate out of law school. If you loved law do well, you could have at least tried not to get ruled out and dismissed"
"Why do you bring that up every time? I graduated"
"Because I wasted resources so you could. But you can't even defend a rat much less a human being. Is it not people's children that graduated and they're practicing?"
"Mom what we were trying to say is that you haven't gone to visit him that's the problem" Yuwa explained.
"Wait... So you two dumb heads came here to tell me that. Wow Samuel, your children have finally gone mad. Let me guess, you're both high already"
"We are not high mom. You haven't visited Efe and I know the truth is a hard pill to swallow but it's bad. You have to know it's wrong, he's your son" Obazee held and Delilah laughed.
"See who's talking about the truth. Do you want to know the truth? You're an idiot, an idiotic drug addict who needs to keep shut before I get mad"
"Dad"
"Don't drag me into this son"
"Good choice Samuel. I just lost my appetite, thanks to the both of you" she cleaned her lips with a napkin then she dropped it angrily on the table.
"Mom, Efe is hurt and I personally think you should"
"If I hear pim from the both of you again, I'll get my gun and I'll shoot you two in the head and I promise you that I won't mourn over your bodies. I won't even shed a damn tears"
There was an awkward silence which lasted about five minutes.
"Do you even care about Efe at all?" Yuwa asked and Delilah shut her eyes.
"Rather than Efe going to jail, I'd rather give Obazee up in his stead" She confesseded and he rolled his eyes.
"Efe won't be going to jail, we have plans"
"Dad told me the guy you guys bribed rejected the money offer"
"Who rejects such offers? We'll wait for him to come around. He will" 
"The final hearing is on Thursday"
"Who says it's the final hearing? The judge might have to adjourn"
"Till when? Let's rub heads as a family, two heads are better than one" Yuwa suggested with a smile and Delilah couldn't agree more.
"What do this Prosecuting parties have in common?" She asked and everyone dived into deep thoughts.
"They are really determined to see us fall" Obazee answered and Delilah scoffed.
"Anything that's not abstract?"
"They are all handsome and beautiful, especially that Ese girl, I've always liked her smile"  Yuwa bit her lips erotically then she brushed her hands through her hair.
Her mother glared at her, she completely lusting over Ese.
"What have I done to deserve children like you? If i had known, I would have just drank otapiapia (insecticide) when I was pregnant or abort the both of you! You're all senseless! Two heads are better than one my foot! My head is better than that of the three of you!"

A prostitute angrily stormed out of an hotel room after wearing her clothes and Jack covered his face. He woke up in a pretty bad mood courtesy of the failed operation the previous day.
He thought of what could have gone wrong, maybe they escaped from the back, what he was definitely sure of was the fact that Racheal and Chopper were working hand in hand with someone, definitely Ziko or maybe the policemen were in on it too.
Ziko's definitely made calls that morning, calls he didn't want to pick in front of him.
"Jack picked up his phone dialing the policeman's number"
"Officer Sali"
"Oga Jack, how far now?"
"I for like see you"
"Where?"

Rex stopped by at Fatima's office but he couldn't find her there. In his attempt to leave, he found Fatima at the last floor coming his direction.
When she sighted him, she turned her back at him. "Fatima!" He called out and she turned towards him.
"Hey I didn't even notice it was you"
"But I saw you turn back intentionally like you were avoiding me"
"I wasn't avoiding you"
"What were you doing then?" He asked and she shut her eyes.
"Follow me to my office, I've got something to show you" she chipped in leaving and he rubbed his fingers together then smacked his lips.
"Definitely a booty call" he muttered then he followed her.
At the door to her office, he placed his palm against his face to check for bad breathe.
"Go get her tiger" he said to himself then he pulled down the door knob entering into the office.
"Hey" Fatima exhaled and he smiled.
"Hey. So what's up?"
"How am I going to say this that won't make me sound..."
"Sound what?" He asked moving closer to her.
"I don't mind how you sound right now, i know you're older than I am, actually 6 years older than I am but. What has age got to do with passion?" He asked running his fingers over her cheeks and she scoffed.
"That wasn't what I wanted to say" she pushed him back and he raised his brow in shock.
"Really? Why did you call me in then? Wasn't it to... Like" he looked down at his manhood that we're already slightly erect.
"Seriously?" She asked, "I guess it was the excitement and besides you're really hot"
"And this is exactly how you got it. Have you heard of condoms?"
"I have two in my back pocket, we can use it from you don't want it raw"
"No! It's not..." She hesitated letting out another sigh.
"I'm a doctor, I've been a doctor for four years now and I've had to break news to people, especially bad news but this one is kind of hard. I really don't know how to break this to you Rex"
"What?"
"Remember the blood test we conducted two days ago" "Yes. What happened?"
"The result for HIV came out positive, you're HIV positive and you can't be a donor but that's not the important part"
"What?"
"Yes Rex. You're HIV positive" she repeated and he ran his hand through his full hair.
"You're joking right?"
"No. I can't joke about something so serious." "I use condoms, although not every time"
"Condoms are not even hundred percentage safe."
Rex suddenly remembered when Elvis' talked about the Auchi girl in history department. Could it be from her?
"HIV AIDS is not the end of the road" she advised.
"You can"
Rex stormed out of the office.

Jack entered into a room where Officer Sali had been beaten up by young thugs. He moved back in fear then he knelt down clasping his hands together.
"I never do wrong thing for my life. You no even talk wetin my crime be, you just send them make them beat me, you no even ask question"
"I do am on purpose, I just wanted punish you small"
"For wetin? I never wrong any body"
"E get any body wey you allow pass that road without search?" He asked and he feigned being in thought.
"Make I refresh your memory?" He raised up a whip.
"No! I remember, I remember. E get one man like that, indomie van." He answered and Jack had a flashback of the van driving by at first.
"But Ziko ask you if you search the van shea?"
"I tell am say I search. Na supplier him be, I let am pass. Him give me 3k because say him being wan rush go"
"E make sense for your hear?"
"No! Abeg make una no vex, I no go repeat that mistake again. Make una forgive me"
"We forgive you" Jack answered shooting him in the belly and he groaned loudly falling to the ground.
The memory flashed through his mind again.
Just after he had finished checking the truck, he clearly remembered hearing the officer announce,  "Fire away Sir!" and Ziko asked, "Have you searched that van properly?"
"Yes Sir! They are cleared!" Sali answered and the van driver drove away. 

Jack scoffed, looking at Officer's dead body.
"Wetin you dey play at Ziko?"

One of the security men at the gate knocked on the door to give Mrs Momoh a letter which supposedly came from the government house.
It was an invitation for dinner.
She immediately put a call through to Dode who disapproved of it.
"They're probably trying to make us fall into a trap, we can't afford to be gullible now"
"Just thought you should know"

"You asked the boys to keep close watch on Ziko. Are you scared he's gone rogue?" Chief asked and Babylon nodded.
"Why not have him deleted?"
"I'm not sure"
"Or you don't want to, if it were to be any other person, you wouldn't have wasted time to order his death. Ziko is not an initiate, he's just a man who saved your life years back. A young boy you took in because you felt some sort of gratitude for what he did"
"I owed him an investigation, if truly I get anything dirty on him, I'll kill him off. How's the search for the indomie van?"
"There are more than one indomie van and it's not as if we have CCTV cameras. We're making calls, we've got the area covered. The feeder teams, every aspirant, initiates and area fathers digging every ground to find out information. If we find out possible places where that van had gone to, we'll make sure we scour the whole place if need be to find that slut"

Ziko called Liam to give him information concerning the dead policeman and the search for the van and possible location where it stopped the previous day.
"It's only a matter of time before they find Racheal, I think you should move her or move them to the Fort now"
"You're right, let me know if you find something"
"I have limited access to Information as it is. I got this from asking someone, I don't think they trust me any more"
"I think you should get out of there then. It's only a matter of time before they kill you too"
"I'm still useful in here than out there"
"You're not useful when you're dead. Your services are no longer needed. I want you out of that house, we've gotten what we wanted already. Stop trying to play brave. Leave that place already"
"If I leave now, we won't even know what to do next. We'll be working blindly, they're up to something and I won't leave until I find out what. If I end up dead, make sure Babylon gets to spend the maximum in prison and take care of my kids"
"Don't say stupid things. You're coming out of this and you're going to take care of them yourself."

Mrs Momoh's received a call from a Delilah, shock spread across her face. The last time she received anything close to a call from Delilah, was to send condolences after her husband's death.
"Delilah? I'm shocked"
"I see you still have my number"
"I'm shocked you still have mine, the last time you called was to give me condolence messages"
"What would have happened if you had called me back?" Delilah snapped, "Why do you suddenly sound angry?" Mrs Momoh asked and she rolled her eyes.
Delilah exhaled trying to maintain her cool, her hate for the Momoh was immense.
"I'm sorry. I'm just a bit emotional these days, you should understand why"
"It's totally understandable"
"Have you gotten our invite for dinner?"
"I did"
"And..."
"We appreciate the offer but no"
"What? Did you discuss it with the entire family?"
"I'm sorry"
"Can you tell your daughter and her boyfriend to at least drop the allegation against my son?" "I can't do that"
"Why"
"I've always believed in karma, what goes around comes around"
"What do you mean?"
"Don't you think it's better for Efe to just face the music and learn a lesson or two from it?" She asked and Delilah scoffed.
"Easy for you to say. What if it was your son? Would you fold your hands and do nothing"
"I would have, you know why? Because my late husband would have done the same thing and I learnt a lot for him. I'll let fate take it's course" she answered and Delilah hung up.
She was so close to breaking down into tears.

Two sexy model posed for the camera dressed in a furry above the knee gown and Mutey took several shots of them.

After the shoot, Mutey realized he missed some calls from Rex so he considerably put a call through to him back.
"What's up man?"
"Hey bro. I just wanted to hear your voice?"
"Why do you sound like you already banged an exam"
"I get extra year already so, e no really matter" he sniffled and Mutey grew suspicious.
"Are you okay?"
"We've spent good times we've spent together dude. Four years don Waka, I know I've been a bad influence most of the time but I thought I was being a friend so.."
"What's going on?"
"I want commit suicide like this, I dey ring road and I dey contemplate whether to enter motor or enter trailer"
Mutey laughed then he stopped when he noticed Rex was serious about it.
"Are you being serious right now?"
"I just want make una know where to carry my body incase of incasity" he answered hanging up.
Mutey tried reaching him all to no avail.
He hurried off and Elvis called him on phone.
"You receive call from that mad man?" He asked and Mutey nodded.
"I'm about to leave the studio, where are you?"

Benson drove over to the government house to complain to Samuel about the Governor's wavering support in his campaign.
"Are you to blind to see that I'm preoccupied with things too?"
"What will happen to my campaign? That Morris Osagie man is beginning to rally strongly and he's having supporters. Will i turn blind eyes to this?"
"It's not campaign that makes a candidate win in an election. I already assured you of victory. I don't see why you're fretting over rubbish. Morris Osagie doesn't have a chance in winning this election, even in the next ten years"

At the Police check point, Officer Faruq and Samson were stationed for check duties.

Samson sat in the car disappointingly.

There was no motivation of any kind to make him come out, he knew a bunch of unlawful citizens were going to be caught for incomplete particulars, expired license or something else, without collecting bribe from them.
He didn't understand why the DPO still made him work along with him. Faruq's phone rang and he looked it it. It was his wife, he hissed getting out of the car.
He watched Faruq wave at a driver and he felt irritation burn deep in his guts. The call ended before he got to where he was.
"Your wife called a while ago"
"Ehya" He collected the phone and Samson sighted another incoming a call come from another caller with the ID, Mr. William Oscar"
"Is that the same William Oscar on Trance fm?" He asked curiously and Faruq shook his head.
"It's an old secondary School classmate that time when I was in Kano" he lied.
"You don't mean it"
"I'm dead serious my dear. How far that woman from that day?" He tried to change the topic but Samson had what to report already.
"Which woman from that day? I have a lot of women in my life"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.9K 4.1K 83
"What's happening?, why are they taking you away? Say something already!! Please say something" I broke down in hot tears as I dragged him trying to...
328 3 23
(Book is marked mature due to the language used! Also there is some scenes that aren't for all ages... *winky face* Enjoy.) Satsuki Momoi jus...
11.3K 1.9K 40
Three years down the line and Kendra still can't find any reason that pulled her into a marriage that was now crumbling. With every impact of Connor'...
360 77 14
An empire and a company comes together to get stronger. But by what means??? . The sound of her favourite music track woke her up. though not willin...