Setter Ace of Shiratorizawa

By worshipmezashu

[Haikyuu!xOC] [The rewrite of 𝑨𝒄𝒆 𝒐𝒇 π‘Ίπ’‰π’Šπ’“π’‚π’•π’π’“π’Šπ’›π’‚π’˜π’‚] "Whoa, who is that?" "No idea, but she'... More

Announcement
1: The First Day
2: The Girl's Team
3: The Game Pt. 1
4: The Game Pt. 2
5: The Game Pt. 3
6: Practice and Recognition
7: Aoibajohsai
8: Confrontation and Memories
9: Stars and Bonding
10: Saturday
11: Assumptions and Group Chats
12: Practice Match #1
13: Three On Three
14: Practice Match #2 and New Friends
15: New Setter and Practice Match #3
16: New Roomie and Crushes~
17: Tendō and Extra Practice
18: Prelim Matchups, Moving and Memes
19: Prelims Begin
21: The Finals
22: Azusa's Redemption
23: The Next Day
24: Begging and Oikawa
25: Aobajohsai Third Years
26: Fun and Confessions
27: Leaving
28: Start Of Training Camp
29: Bokuto, Akaashi and Texts
30: The Quick and Sleep Over
31: Day After and Realizations
32: Advice and Warnings
33: Plans and Confessions
34: Nationals
35: The Rescue Twins
36: Poof
37: Adjustments
38: PrObLeMs
39: The Boys
40: Alls Well That Ends Well
41: Pain
42: Reunions
43: Ushiwaka's Girlfriend
44. Filler
45. The Finals - Part One
46. The Finals - Part Two
47. The Finals - Part Three
48. The Finals - Part Four
49. The Finals - Part Five
50. Epilogue

20: Ace Not Just Setter

16.2K 639 360
By worshipmezashu

The score was 17-5 when Kazane was finally able to rotate to the front. "Sub!" Coach called, sending Hado up to the ten foot line. Azusa jogged over, taking the number card from her.

The down red completed the substitution, so Hado came onto the court. "Ah man, is she their pinch server? Wonder how good her serves are.."

"Dude, wasn't that their official setter last year?"

"Yeah you're right, why is she being subbed in as a pinch server?" The audience talked among themselves, trying to figure out the situation.

"If you're ever in a tight spot feel free to send it my way, I'll handle it, yeah?" Kazane told Hado, who nodded.

"Right. I'll do my best."

"That's all we can ask," The ace grinned, patting her on the back. "Now go wreck 'em tiger!"

Going back to serve, Hado let out a breath as she bounced the ball a few times. When the ref blew the whistle, she tossed the ball up and hit it.

It flew over the net, and the libero received it flawlessly. "Nice receive!" Their setter said, her hands up as she prepared to set it. Out of the corner of her eye, Kazane saw that she was going for a setter dump.

"Dump!" She yelled, and just before their setter was able to push the ball over the net, Chiyako blocked it.

"Nice call Kaz!" She grinned as the whistle blew, signalling their point. The two high fived.

"I'm glad you got to it!" Kazane grinned back, nodding. "Nice reaction time."

"Thanks."

"Damn!" The Kiyose Higashi setter growled.

"Chill out, we'll get the next one!" Her team tried to cheer her up. Sighing, she nodded and readied for the next play.

"Get us another serve Hado!" Kamada called back to the setter, who nodded. The ref blew the whistle, so she served.

"Mine!" Kiyose Higashi's libero yelled, diving for it. Knowing another dump would definitely be shut down, their setter sent it to their left side.

Kazane and Kamada did a double block on the straight, so they were forced to do a cross court shot, right where Yumiko was waiting.

After receiving the ball, Yumiko smirked as Hado rushed up to the net and Kazane transitioned off along with the other spikers.

"Yours!" Hado exclaimed, sending it back to Kazane. The ace smirked, the ball was almost perfect. Starting her approach, she jumped and swung at the ball.

Boom.

All eyes went to their court as the ball landed on the ten foot line, hard. The blockers looked at Kazane in shock as she landed, a smirk on her face as her team ran towards her.

"HELL YEAH!!!" They all practically pounced into her. They didn't notice because they had had the momentum since the beginning, but the moment Kazane hit that toss, the Kiyose Higashi high girl's volleyball team lost hope.

"Holy shit, did you see that spike? Did you hear it?!"

"Yeah man, that sounded like an Ushiwaka spike!"

"No kidding! Guess she really is the setter ace of Shiratorizawa girl's volleyball."

The crowd went wild as they cheered and discussed the last hit. The girl's team smirked as they looked at the stands, all talking about them and their ace.

They were making a name for themselves; the Shiratorizawa girl's volleyball club was now an official threat to all they faced.

~•~

The rest of the game went by in a breeze with Kazane on the front lines, ending at 25-7, and then 25-4 for the second game.

Since they were going to be off for a few hours, they all changed out of their uniforms to put on their Shiratorizawa sweats and jacket. Suddenly, Kazane's phone rang.

"Hello?"

"What uuuuup, how'd your game go?" Tendō asked, lounging with his team.

"It went great! Have you guys played yet?"

"Nope, we're about to though. Care to wish us luck? I'll put you on speaker."

"Sure." Tendō put her on speaker as she took a deep breath. "GOOD LUCK YOU GUYS!!!!"

"AH! Geez, warn us next time Tendō." Kazane heard Semi complain, causing her to giggle.

"Thank you Kazane! We will do our best!" Goshiki promised. Then a door opened.

"It's time." Ushiwaka told his team.

"Alrightyyy, we gotta go. Talk to you later Kazzy-boo!" Tendō ended the call, then they all headed out to start their match.

"Ugh." Kazane ran a hand over her face, wiping off the sweat. Deciding to check on her little brother, she dialed him up. "What's poppin? How'd your first game go?"

"It went great, we won and Hinata was being a moron as always. He literally said 'we won! We get to play more' like geez what else are we gonna do, dress in drag and do the hula?" Tobio ranted, sighing. "What about you?"

"It was awesome! Did I tell you that I'm the setter ace now?"

"Huh? No, how can you be the setter ace? What does that even mean?"

"It means, dumbass, that I'm the ace on front line and setter on the back line, duhhh."

"Humph, good for you-"

"Kageyama, who are you talking to?" Hinata asked, poking his head around to try and get a look at the screen name.

"My sister, fuck off!" Tobio ripped his phone away from the carrot boy, giving him a death glare.

"HI KAZ!" Hinata yelled at the phone, causing the dark haired setter to growl.

"Huh? What are you idiots yelling about?"

"Am I hearing things or is that a grown man voice?" Kazane frowned.

"DID I JUST HEAR A GIRL'S VOICE?!"

"Ah shit," Tobio fumbled with his phone, having accidentally put it on speaker.

"Kageyama who are you talking to?"

"Bro who is that?" Kazane asked in confusion. The rest of her team that was around were looking at her in confusion.

"KAGEYAMA WHY ARE YOU TALKING TO A GIRL RIGHT NOW?!"

"THAT'S MY SISTER YOU GUYS, CAN I PLEASE TALK TO HER IN PEACE?!" Tobio blew up, panting as he clenched his jaw and sneered.

"Hi there Kageyama's sister! I'm Yuu Nishinoya! What's your name?"

"Hey give it back! Ahhh, Noya!"

"What on earth is happening on there?" Azusa asked as male yelling came through Kazane's phone. The girl gave her captain a helpless look.

"I have no idea." She sighed.

~•~

In the end, the boys managed to calm down after their coach went off on them for causing a racket. The new people Kazane hasn't met introduced themselves over the phone and she promised to come visit the next day she had off and play a bit with them after Nishinoya heard about her spikes and wanted to try and receive them.

Apparently they now had a libero and an ace, not to mention a coach! Kazane didn't know that they had lacked one until they had explained it.

She also said hi to Takeda and everyone else, wishing them luck in their next match.

"Kazane, it's time." Azusa said, all of the girls now in their uniforms. The ace setter nodded, slowly getting to her feet and facing the court.

"Let's do this."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 3.4K 43
| | 38 chapters and 1 epilogue and 4 a/n | | ⚠️You don't have to vote⚠️ every comment makes me happyπŸ€— and I read all of them and try to reply to the...
79.3K 2.2K 36
Book 1 (book 2 already completed) Once we get to Karasuno we hear loud girls fangirling over some 'King of the Court.' "Who are they talking about?"...
95.9K 3K 57
Moving to Miyagi to live with her sister Kiyoko, it was the second time she made a decision that pulled her away from the future that her reputation...
299K 9.1K 67
The Miya brothers became famous in high school. Almost everyone into high school volleyball had heard of their incredible combo. They were a pair to...