35: The Rescue Twins

When he saw a man carry an unconscious girl in uniform out an exit, Atsumu knew something was wrong

When he saw a man carry an unconscious girl in uniform out an exit, Atsumu knew something was wrong. Turning to Osamu, he gestured with his head to follow him.

"What's going on Atsumu?" The dark haired twin asked as he caught up with his twin.

"I think I just witnessed a kidnapping, so we are going to go save her."

"Wow, pretty level headed considering the situation." Osamu chuckled, but nodded.

"He went out that way, I'm getting they have a car waiting outside of it's planned so we just need to tag it."

"Right. So whose phone are we using?"

"Yours obviously."

"I don't feel like sacrificing my phone."

"Fine then, I will since you're not feeling very generous today." Atsumu frowned at him, his twin only shrugging.

Finding themselves outside, the two watched as a burly man set the unconscious girl in a van, nodding to someone else to then started talking into a walkie talkie.

Just before the doors shut, Atsumu managed to throw his phone into the van. Watching it drive away, Osamu got out his phone. "Alright, I got em."

"Thank goodness we've already finished  our match today. Text captain and let him know the situation and that we'll be back later." Atsumu told him.

"Got it." The twins then set off, both knowing they were fully capable of taking down six men at the least, so they should be in the clear.

Following the tracker, the twins found themselves at a warehouse, the car parked outside. "Call the police now?"

"Yeah, they'll be here pretty fast so make it quick." Atsumu winked before kicking in the door.

There were at least twelve men in the building, the one next to the girl seeming to be the youngest but also the leader. "Looks like we have company." The male said, his eye hooded as he looked at Atsumu.

"Listen fellas, let the girl go and we won't be forced to kick your asses."

"Boss?" They all looked at the male, to which he just let out a chuckle his lips forming a lazy smirk.

"Kill them."

Osamu joined the fight then, having Atsumu's back as they went in sync. Meanwhile, Ryusei gestured to one of his henchmen to take Kazane outside.

He had lied about Aoki and Kimura wanting to kidnap her, he was the one who wanted her all for himself and this was the golden opportunity. Because he was the one to tell her, it made Kazane lower her guard around him.

Which was exactly what he wanted.

Smirking, he stuffed his hands in his pockets and headed outside. But then he stopped, a scowl on his face as he slowly out his hands up.

The warehouse was surrounding by cops, the lights off so they weren't detected. "Well well, if it isn't Kai Ryusei, the famous Yakuza leader." The sheriff smirked, "you're under arrest for abduction."

Ryusei stayed silent as they read him his rights and put him in a police car, hand cuffed and all.

"Thank you for doing the hard part for us, but we can take it from here." The cops said to the twins.

"We know where this girl is from so if you'll allow us to tag along, we can explain it to them." Atsumu offered, so the police accepted as Kazane was put into an ambulance.

"She has head trama, probably a concussion, and her leg is broken so we will have to keep her at the hospital for a while." The medic in the ambulance explained to the twins, who winced at the news.

Getting out his phone that he had retrieved, Atsumu called Sakusa. "Hey man, can you give me Ushiwaka's number?"

"Oh hey Miya! Uhhhh, I'll look it up for ya, just a sec!" Komori said, having stolen Sakusa's phone. "Okay I got it," He then relayed the number and Atsumu thanked him before hanging up and dialing Ushiwaka.

"Hello?" His voice came through the phone, sounding like usual except with a hint of worry and panic in it.

"Hey Ushiwaka, it's Miya. Um, one of your female players was kidnapped and we're on our way to the hospital, she has a concussion and might have memory loss, as well as a compound fracture in her leg."

"Hold on a second." Ushiwaka mumbled, sounding in shock. Atsumu pursed his lips as he glanced at his brother. "Which hospital?" Atsumu relayed it to him, and Ushiwaka said he was on his way with the coaches.

Arriving at the hospital, the Miya twins were told to wait in the waiting room while Kazane was taken to a room.

A few minutes later, Ushiwaka, Tendou, Washijo, Azusa, and Gushiken all showed up. "Any news on Kazane?" Ushiwaka asked the twins, who shook their heads.

"No, they went in about ten minutes ago. You can go ask if you want though, now that you're here I think we'll hit the road." Atsumu said, so after thanking them, Ushiwaka and Tendou saw the twins off.

"Compound fracture, huh? That's serious stuff." Tendou muttered, and Ushiwaka sent a glare at him.

"She'll be fine," He muttered, looking down as his hands balled into fists. "She has to be."

~•~

"Kageyama should be awake soon, we have her on some meds to dull the pain, but these guys knew what they were doing. It won't cause permanent damage, but it will be excruciatingly painful for a while. She's going to have to stay in the hospital for at least three days so we can keep an eye on her." The nurse explained. "Press the button when she wakes so we can do a check on her."

"Yes ma'am, thank you." Mrs. Kageyama nodded, Tobio sitting next to Kazane's bed as Mr. Kageyama talked with Washijo and Gushiken.

Holding his twin's hand, Tobio bit his lip. What was he supposed to tell her when she woke up?