32: Advice and Warnings

(Pic is Ryusei)

"It's pretty late for you to call us out here, also why didn't you use the group chat?" Semi asked as he and Yamagata sat down

I had texted the two of them to meet me up in the secret hang out because I needed their help with something. "Thanks for coming out anyway, and sorry if you were sleeping." I grimaced, but they shook their heads.

"It's fine, what do you need help with?" Yamagata asked, getting straight to the point.

Sighing, I ran a hand through my hair. "You guys seemed like the best, uh, no biased people to ask so..." I took a deep breath, "I don't know who to pick!"

"...What?" Semi raised an eyebrow in confusion, Yamagata also looking bewildered.

"So, um, I figured out who I like, but there's two people and I don't know who to chose! I don't want to lead them on, because one of them-"

"You can use names, it'll be easier for us to help if we know who we're dealing with." Semi suggested, so I nodded hesitantly.

"Tendō told me how he felt, and I really like him, but I also really like Wakatoshi... But he hasn't told me how he feels... Should I go with the safe path or risk ruining my friendship with Wakatoshi?"

The two males paused, looking at each other for a second before Semi gave me the most annoyed look I've ever seen. "You are literally the definition of an anime lead."

"Step away from the fourth wall Eita." Yamagata told him, making the setter sigh.

"It's so cliche that that's what she's worried about though! Oh no, I might ruin my friendship with him!" Semi mocked.

"Hey! It's a legitimate fear!" I defended, frowning at him. They both rolled their eyes.

"Alright, I'm going to fix the 'who do I like more' question for you with this," Yamagata scooted forward slightly. "If you were in a room with both of them, and a gun went off, who would you run to?"

~•~

The two males said goodbye and left me in the secret hang out, heading back to their rooms. I laid out on one of the couches, looking up at the stars as I pulled the blanket off the top.

Making sure my phone was set for the alarm, I texted Washijo that I wasn't going to be joining the practice the next morning.

Closing my eyes, I let myself drift. My alarm went off and woke me up exactly when I wanted it to, at 4:45am. I was planning to sneak out and back into my dorm, before Tendou woke up. Then I was going to go back to sleep.

Arriving at the dorm, I carefully opened the door and stepped in. The redhead was in fact sleeping, so I took my chance and crept up to my bed. I was out before my head touched the pillow.

My second alarm went off at 6:30am, meaning Tendou was already gone. I'm kind of surprised he didn't try to wake me up, but I shrugged it off.

Getting out of bed, I put on my practice gear, grabbed my bag and made my way down to get some food before I had to be there.

"Good morning!" Hado greeted with a smile. "Can you believe we only have four more days until Nationals?!"

"That's nuts!" I cried, just now realizing it as well. We started fazmirling, a few other girls joining in until our coach told us to shut up.

"Get warmed up!" She ordered, so we did as told and started stretching and did a lap around the court.

The rest of practice were serves, serve receive, and combination play. It was a lot of fun, and I now have a favorite combo because I can setter dump!

The thrill of practice made me forget what I was planning to do do during lunch, but I was reminded as I passed some of the boys.

Shirabu cornered me after first class and demanded for me to swear never to mention what happened with Goshiki the morning before, which I agreed to teasingly.

The rest of the wait was agonizing. My eyes glared at the clock, and at one point my teacher asked me if I had beef with it. Of course I sheepishly declined as my classmates giggled.

When the lunch bell rang, I slowly got up. "Hey, wanna grab lunch together?" Ryusei asked, standing in front of my desk.

My eyes widened, he had never really asked me to do something like that. Plus this might be a good time to get on his good side so he won't have a reason to put a hit out on me or something. (Major Yachi energy there lmfao)

"Uh, sure!" I agreed, telling myself I could confess after practice. He smiled, his hands in his pockets as he gestured with his head for me to follow him.

(Tempted to have him kidnap her but I'm not gonna be that mean to you guys.)

"Hey guys." Ryusei greeted to two thug-looking adult males. "The usual place."

"Yes sir." They chanted, scaring me almost half to death. My eyes locked into Ryusei's form as he got into the BMW. He's powerful.

"What are you waiting for?" The yakuza leader asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Going off campus?" I asked as I hesitantly got into the car. He nodded.

"Don't worry, we'll be back in time for the next class." Ryusei smiled, slinging his leg over the other. "Anyway, let's discuss what I invited you out for."

"Oh, yes please." I turned my attention to him.

"I've been hearing things from my underlings in other classes about some teammates of yours," He began tilting his head slightly. "Remember their names Ren?"

"Kimura and Aoki, sir." The driver replied.

"Right, them." Ryusei nodded, glancing back at me. "They're planning something."

"What exactly does that have to do with me?" I asked in confusion.

"My people haven't heard the specifics, but they tell me it's about you." He shrugged. "Just wanted to warn you. You're a good person, and don't deserve to be brought into my world."

"Your world?" I was even more confused now. "What does what they're planning have to do with the yakuza?"

"Like I said, I don't know specifics yet," Ryusei repeated, "but what I've heard points to an arranged kidnapping."

(Oop--guess that wasn't any better than the cliffhanger last chapter, huh?)

Merci!