15: New Setter and Practice Match #3

-Back to First Person brought to you by hot Kenma-

Thursday.

Practice started as soon as everyone got back from the morning run and had a drink of water. We began with serve receive drills, then spike receives from coach.

After that, coach made the announcement that I would be setting on team b when we played. "Wait, so who is gonna take her place?"

"Shiraishi is going to be the outside for team B, Fujimura is going to be the right side, and Kimura is going to the the right side for Team A." Coach explained, and we all nodded.

The mock game started with me in the serving position and Fujimura as my opposite. I served using my jump topspin, which got us an ace.

The next one, Yumiko got up and they had to chance ball it over. "I got it! For you." Azusa received the ball, sending it right to me.

A million thoughts ran through my head. Who should I send it to? How high? How fast? Back row? Setter dump? Who has the best chance to score?

I ended up sending it to the left, where Chiyako was waiting. She did her approach and slammed the ball down line. "Yeesaaaaaahhhh!" The team cheered.

"That was a nice toss Kaz!" Chiyako commented.

"Thank you! Tell me if you want it any higher or lower, I'll make it work. I'm also good with doing different combination attacks if you all are alright with that." I explained to the team.

"Um, I think we'll just stick to the normal if that's alright." Azusa told me and I nodded.

"Alright then." The game continued, and as we went I got to know more of where my spikers liked their tosses. Bushida, my middle, told me that she wanted to do a broad jump setup when I got to the front row, and a time lag quick whenever I felt like it.

-Coach's Point Of View-

I could feel it. Literally feel how well the girls were preforming with Kazane as their setter. She was maxing out the effectiveness for each spiker, somehow knowing exactly where to go to get the best opportunity for a point.