Never Be The Same Again - (Ed...

By lilly-rain

Family is everything and I plan to keep mine alive. In a world full of violence, it takes a certain type of p... More

Intro - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 2 - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 3 - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 4 - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 5 - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 6 - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 7 - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 8 - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 9 - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 10 - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 11 - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 12 - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 13 - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 14 - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 15 - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 16 - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 17 - Never Be The Same Again.
Chapter 18 - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 19 - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 20 - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 21 - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 22 - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 23 - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 24 - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 25 - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 26 - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 27 - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 28 - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 29 - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 30 - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 31 - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 32 - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 33 - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 34 - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 35 - Never be The Same Again
Chapter 36 - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 37 - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 38 - Never Be The Same Again
Chapter 39 - Never Be The Same Again
Conclusion - Never Be The Same Again

Chapter 1 - Never Be The Same Again

91.6K 1.3K 119
By lilly-rain

Dedicated for my AWESOME and AMAZING editor, who seriously has spent so much of her own time helping me out with all my stories and I seriously appreciate it!! xo

~ ~ Chapter One ~ ~

My head was pounding as my mind and body woke up, the bright sun was shining in through my window and I had no idea what the time was. Sitting up slowly, I needed a drink of water, my mouth was dry as hell and felt gross.

Opening my eyes I glanced down at Jenny's dress in a crumpled heap on the floor by my bed and groaned, I was going to have to wash and iron that now. Her shoes looked fine to me from over here but a quick rub and they should be as good as new.

Standing up I groaned again then froze as I noticed the folded up quilt sitting neatly on my lounge with the pillow on top. Then I remembered how Baden slept here last night. I'm pretty sure we didn't do anything though, no, I'm positive we didn't. Wonder if I'll ever see him again?

Walking into my bathroom and filling up an empty glass with water, I rummaged through my cabinet for some pain killers, once I swallowed them down I showered then got dressed into a pair of loose shorts and a singlet. Brushing my hair, I left it down to dry then walked back out into my room.

Man, I can't believe I let some random sleep here last night.

Walking over to the quilt I spotted the piece of paper sitting on top, picking it up I read what it said:

Morning.

See? I didn't kill you in your sleep or rob you but you complaining about your 'pounding head' all morning was pretty entertaining. :) Maybe we will meet again sometime, until then - take care of yourself and don't go getting that drunk at a club again, at least until your eighteen.

AND make sure to lock all your doors and windows in the future. Your backdoor was unlocked and some of the downstairs windows were wide open - I shut and locked them after you fell asleep and your welcome.

Baden. xo

I don't know why but his note made me smile. He really was a sweet guy, the memory of how rude Nigel was to him last night popped into my head and annoyed me. I will have to yell at him next time I see him, he was rude for no damn reason.

My mobile started ringing, so I walked over to my purse and pulled it out, flopping down onto the floor as I pressed the answer button without checking who it was.

"Leila! You're alive!" Jenny cried loudly through the phone.

I groaned loudly back, "Tone it down, some of us have a headache."

She laughed, "What happened last night? Nigel said that Baden Johnson was all over you and took you home, that guy is bad news sweetie, like serious bad news. He didn't do anything, did he?" she asked slowly, worry in her voice.

"No, why would you even think that? Look, I don't know what Nigel has been telling you, but Baden is cool. He dropped me home and never made a move on me and the only reason why he was holding me at the club was so my drunken ass wouldn't fall off the stool," I argued back in an defensive tone, I don't know why I felt the need to stick up for someone I barely knew, I just did though.

I decided not to mention he stayed the night.

"Leila! That guy is like in a major bad gang! He bashes people for no reason! He's even killed people before! You don't want to get caught up with someone like him, so promise me you wont see him again," she asked, "Promise," she growled.

I laughed, "Alright! I promise I will stay away from him besides, I never got his number or made plans to see him or anything like that," I pointed out.

"Good. Now on a brighter note, there is this raging house party you have to come with me to tonight," she squealed with excitement.

I pulled my phone away from my ear and sat in on the floor on loudspeaker, "Head, Jen, my damn head!" I reminded her, "Is Nigel going?"

"Um, no, so don't tell him I'm going either."

I rolled my eyes, yeah cause I have so much to do with Nigel and all, "I won't tell him."

"So you going to come with me then? When do your parents get back?" she asked quickly.

"Um, in about two weeks roughly," I remembered mum mentioning something, but I was sleeping off a hangover and didn't pay her much attention.

"Yay!" I could hear her clapping her hands and rolled my eyes, "Seven then?"

"Yeah, see you then,"  and I hung up.

Jenny had rang me at three and then I spent the next few hours lounging around and watching TV before I decided to make my way upstairs. I straightened my hair and applied some make up but not like last night. Just simple lip gloss and mascara this time. I have semi naturally straight hair already, so I only needed to run the straightener through a few times before it was done.

Finding my mini denim skirt, I pulled it on, then I found my black tight singlet that had silver studs over the front forming a picture of a skull and bones. I think it's really cute and got it for a bargain.

Staring at my shoes I was debating between thongs and heels, so I carried both down the stairs and left them near the front door so Jenny could help me decided when she gets here.

An hour later she finally arrived, bursting through my front door like she lives here, well, at times she practically does.

"Oh cute!" she squealed as she spotted me, looking me up and down, "Defiantly heels though." and she screwed her face up at my thongs. I shrugged as I pulled my heels on, they were ankle black boots with fake buckles and I loved them.

Jenny was wearing a black and pink pleated mini skirt that barely covered her ass and a very revealing boob tube that revealed most of her stomach. She is a little bit of a whore but I still love her. I smiled at her belly piercing, remembering the day we both got ours done together with matching jewels.

The party was only a few blocks over from my house so we decided to walk, Jenny was going to crash over at my house instead of trying to find a ride home. We each had a bottle of wine in our hands that she stole our of her parents fridge, so naturally we took longer walking as we drank.

The music could be heard from the start of the street and apparently I knew the owner of the house and party - someone who use to go to our school and he remembers me. His name didn't ring any bells, so I was curious as to what he looked like and who he was.

The house was a simple but large one story home with no front fence so cars were parked aimlessly over the lawn. Some people were hanging around out the front, drinking and laughing loudly as we walked past to get inside.

"You two finally made it!" a familiar voice cheered loudly.

I turned and looked at the face, "No way!" I screamed, "Phil!" then I ran over to him and hugged him tight as he wrapped me up in his arms, lifting me up and off the ground.

Phil was best mates with my older brother and I've known him for as long as I can remember since he would always be at our house after school and on the weekends before he left for university with Dougy.

"Lil' Leila! Good to see my only sister again." he laughed as he pulled me back and looked me up and down, "Been awhile, how are you girl? Though I don't approve of the skirt." he frowned at the last part.

"Yeah, good, want to get me a stronger drink than wine though?" I asked innocently, ignoring the skirt comment.

He laughed, "Dougy would kill me but since his not here, why the hell not?" he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and led me through the lounge room towards the kitchen, stopping by the cranked stereo first and pausing the song.

Everyone shouted complaints straight away as he turned to face them all, holding me in front of him, "Yo! You all get this through your thick heads right now! No one and I mean no one touches my sister here! Got it!" he roared loudly, voice full of threats, everyone heard him, I felt my face go red with embarrassment as everyone agreed then he played the music again.

"Now, I can let you drink." he winked at me.

I punched him lightly in the stomach, "Thanks for embarrassing the crap out of me." I complained, he only laughed.

"Anytime girl, anytime."

Phil was a pretty nice guy, he did have his moments were I would actually be scared of him but most of the time he was a 'ladies man' aka 'player'. His black hair and blue eyes made him stand out from most guys and he kept himself in good shape.

A few hours later and I'm more drunk than the night before at the club and standing up on the coffee table grinding and dancing with Jenny to the music. Some guy is standing nearby cheering Jenny on, I saw them making out before, so I guess she is over Nigel, which suits me fine.

"Philly!" I shouted, "Refill!"

He was in the kitchen but managed to hear me anyway as he gave me a nod then poured something into a plastic cup, the kitchen had a huge open archway so I could see him. He brought it over after that, "Thank you Philly!" I replied sweetly.

"Just don't fall." he warned, then noticed someone coming through the door and walked off in that direction.

Jenny tried to steal some of my drink but I started to gulp it down, a small crowd around me was egging me on, chanting, 'scull, scull, scull'. Crushing my now empty cup in one hand and using the other to wipe my mouth I grinned at Jenny who was laughing hard at me.

"More!" she cheered loudly, almost falling off the table if not for her new friend catching her and standing her back up straight.

Some guy handed us a full cup each, which we both took straight away, looking at one another with drunken smiles, and shouted, "One! Two! Three!" together. I downed my drink first - surprisingly beating Jenny since she can usually handle more alcohol than me.

While I was swinging my hips in my own personal victory dance I lost control as the world spun slightly and I started to fall but two strong hands reached out and grabbed me, one behind my back and one under my knees like bridal style. Lifting my head up I squinted one eye, "Baden!" I shouted out excitedly.

(Baden's POV)

Walking through Phil's front door, I looked over top of every ones heads and froze. I never thought I would see that brunette grey eyed crazy little girl again but here she is, dancing on top of Phil's coffee table with her friend from last night and she looks more hammered too. How the hell does she keep popping up everywhere?

Glancing around the room I notice all the guys aren't paying much attention to her, well no sexual attention, unlike her friend. I'm glad but also curious as to why they don't think Leila is smoking hot like I do, even for someone so young, she is going to grow up breaking the hearts of boys. Two guys are talking and laughing with her but in a friendly way.

She's got a short little skirt on, the kind that if she were my girl, I would drag her out of here to go change, her long slender legs are to die for but I can't, she's underage. Trust the first and only time I ever actually and genuinely care about a girl, she has the potential to get me locked up if we do anything together. But I can't ignore her.

Walking up to the table to ask her why the hell she is here, she started swinging her hips in some kind of dance and lost her footing, falling backwards, I jumped forward to catch her in my arms just in time, she turned her face towards me, shock, slight anger and then excitement, "Baden!"

"Leila, what am I going to do with you?" I smirked in a teasing tone. Damn, she felt so right in my arms, just like last night.

She giggled drunkenly, "Least it's not a club this time!"

I nodded slowly, "True."

"Dude, Phil said she is off limits." some guy I've seen around a few times approached us and muttered, he is pretty drunk but it explains why no one is hitting on her. Now the question is what the hell does Phil want with her?

I glared angrily at the guy who paled and dodged off into the crowds. Friend or no friend, I'm not going to let Phil have his way with Leila. She is too special to me already and I barely know her, all I know so far is she is the craziest person I have ever met, loud and out going, funny and down to earth. She has the natural personality that draws people to her and I know I have never smiled or laughed so much around one person.

"So, the rumours are true then? You're some big mean gangster person?" she slurred with a confused smile on her cute face.

I stared at her blankly for a moment. I am not telling her the truth but I wonder who opened their big fat mouth so I could permanently shut them up. She will run and I will never see her again if she knew the truth about me, even though I should tell her so she will run and never see me again but I'm selfish, I don't want to let her go just yet.

"No, sorry, unless you want me to be?" I teased her again, she always blushes when I tease her, it's cute. I felt her slide one arm in behind my neck as she rested her head on my chest.

She laughed quietly but we were interrupted, "Baden, she is off limits." Phil growled from the side of us.

Leila leaned back in my arms to grin at Phil upside down, holding tighter onto my neck so she wouldn't fall. Silly girl, I would never let that happen, "Philly, he's my friend." she giggled but I was looking at Phil. Why the hell is he so pissed off? Am I ruining his chance of having her? Bloody good then!

"We met last night at a club, then I took her home." I smirked, wondering if I could bust his motives he has for my girl. My girl? Did I just think that?

"Yeah, you ruined my night by giving me water and no more suns. Bad Baden, bad." Leila slurred slightly.

"Water? Is she for real, you made her drink water? And what the hell is a sun Lee?" Phil now sounded amused, nothing like a jealous person.

"Vodka sunrises." I explained, smiling slightly at how she loves the drink but can't remember the name, "Phil, she is sixteen, drunk at a club and had lost her friend. I don't go there."

Phil nodded, "She's my little sister, you know." there was a warning in his tone which I didn't like. Phil knew I could take him on but considering he was just looking out for his sister, I let it go.

"I want to dance again, put me back on my stage." Leila complained as she tried to sit up in my arms but I wouldn't let her right away.

I chuckled then obeyed her drunken command, but kept hold of her elbow lightly as Jenny started dancing with her again. Does this girl even know what her dancing does to guys? I need to block her out of my mind but not my view, in case some guys here didn't get the 'off limits memo'.

"Sister, huh? I didn't know you had one." I asked Phil as he glanced uneasily at Leila and my hand on her arm.

"We're not blood related but I meant what I said, no one touches her tonight. Even you." he warned me.

Narrowing my eyes at him, I growled, "I don't plan too but keep up with the warnings and I'll be touching you in a way you wont forget anytime soon." I kept my voice low so Leila wouldn't hear.

He stared at me and I stared back, giving nothing away, after a moment he gave a short nod, "Fine but I'll be watching you both, I'm not going to let anything happen to her and if that means taking you on, so be it."

I gave him a nod, "I won't let anything happen to her, just like last night. Did you hear that Nigel wanted to drive her home drunk?" I asked.

Phil's face turned a shade of angry red, so he's not faking the big brother act after all, good to know. Phil can be a pretty convincing liar when he wants to be but now I know he is telling the truth.

"What!" he exploded, "I'm going to kill that wanker!" then he spun around to face Leila, grabbing her shoulder a little too roughly as he turned her to face him, that ticked me off so I grabbed his arm and forced him to let her go, he did with no complaints as he kept his gaze on her, shock was written all over her face and slight fear, "Nigel? Seriously Lee? Who the hell have you been hanging around with since I left? Dougy would beat your ass if he found out!" he roared.

Dougy? Hell no is he going to touch my girl! I'll kill that jerk before he even gets a look at her.

"I barely know him!" Leila suddenly shouted back, her fear for Phil before all gone. I smiled, that's my girl but it also means she is clueless to his lifestyle, "And what Dougy doesn't know wont hurt him! By the way, why are you back and he's not? I have a bone to pick with that boy!" she was all fired up now.

I couldn't help but smile, she was like a little kitten trying to play with the big hungry lions. And a bone to pick with Dougy? She is joking. Right?

"I dropped out." Phil grunted, "He's still in uni."

Dropped out? What the hell has he been telling her because I know Dougy lives on the other side of the city and has never been to Uni in all his life.

"How do you know Dougy?" I asked Leila, butting into their argument.

She turned to face me, still a little angry with Phil's out burst but was shocked by my question, "He's my brother." she muttered softly but tenderly.

I raised an eyebrow. Did not see that one coming, she looks nothing like him, different coloured eyes, hair, facial structures, maybe they have different parents or something like that?

Phil shook his head at me the tiniest bit, so Leila is also clueless to what Dougy actually does as well. She turned back around to keep dancing, after she ordered Phil for another refill, which he obediently did, which made me smile watching someone like him be a lapdog to a little girl.

"So what's your deal with Lee?" Phil asked quietly, so Leila couldn't hear us over the loud music.

I gave him a dry look.

He continued, "She's sixteen, you know that, so why are you so interested in her?"

I shrugged slightly, "She's a fun girl but gets herself into stupid situations. Last night, I could see the way all the guys were checking her out as she stumbled past them and then tonight I walk in and she is dancing up on top of a table, even more drunk, among the wrong kind of crowd, only she doesn't understand that."

Phil nodded slowly, "Don't tell Dougy you know her, he is fiercely protective over her and would have my balls if he knew she was here tonight. It's why she doesn't know anything about us."

"I won't." I muttered, "Who told her about me being in a gang?" I asked slowly.

Phil narrowed his eyes, not impressed, "What did she say?"

I shrugged, "Asked me if the rumour about me being in a gang was true, I told her it wasn't and she believed me."

Phil tapped Leila on the shoulder and she smiled at him as she wagged her empty cup in her hands at him, he laughed, "Alright, but only if you tell me who lied to you about Baden being in a gang?"

She paused and thought about it for a moment, "Nigel told Jenny." Phil nodded then walked off to get her another drink.

When he came and stood next to me again we shared a look, I gave a small nod, "Later." later and Nigel will never open that fat trap of his again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.5M 392K 47
Secrets do not stay hidden for long. Have you ever had a secret that you would do anything to keep from your own family? Coming home from being at bo...
8.1K 222 4
"๐’€๐’๐’–๐’“ ๐’๐’‚๐’Ž๐’†๐’” ๐’‚๐’–๐’“๐’๐’“๐’‚?" "๐’š๐’†๐’‚๐’‰" "๐’๐’Š๐’Œ๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’‘๐’“๐’Š๐’๐’„๐’†๐’”๐’”?" (๐จ๐œ ๐ฑ ๐ข๐ฌ๐š๐š๐œ ๐ ๐š๐ซ๐œ๐ข๐š) ๐ฌ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐จ๐ง ๐Ÿ-๐Œ๐ฒ ๐ฅ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž ๐ฐ...
647K 57.7K 35
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...
1M 48K 25
Kitty Alcott has a reputation for being a tease. Many have tried to secure her hand but she will not relent. She loves dancing until dawn and being t...